Fightin' Thread

Anything and everything in the world of gaming, from PC and consoles to handhelds and mobile.
ミドリ

Re: Fightin' Thread: Let's fight like Gentlemen

Post by ミドリ » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:35 pm

It could be the build they're running.
あらためまして、はじめまして、ミドリです。

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:17 pm

EVO 2016 details have been revealed now, pretty good mix of games, a little surprised that Pokken is in there so that'll be interesting to see and it's great to see Killer Instinct and Guilty Gear taking a spot too.

Line up
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

Met
NNID: Metballs
3DS Friend Code: 031879326955
PSN ID: MetONM
Xbox Gamertag: Metballs
Steam ID: metonm

Post by Met » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:05 pm

Still mad at GG for releasing Dizzy and stealing Dong Dong's EVO spot.
<Kaee> I think Met would give better sex than Hoyle
cruizer wrote:I didn't start writing this with the intention of speaking about veganism; but the link between animal explotiation and oppressed human groups is so obvious

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:34 pm

It's ok, Dong Dong never die but GG will. It just needs to bide it's time.
Destiny is Destiny.

Scapegoat
PSN ID: UploadedNetwork

Post by Scapegoat » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:01 pm

no ultimax
no skullgirls

I never expected them anyway.

But I also never expected Pokken so that's a surprise.

Still a little unsure about 2 smash games, can they not move on from melee already it's been like 10 years.

either way, SFV will be good, I'll also watch MKX, Sm4sh, and KI.

kinda weird that there's no ultra though.

Met
NNID: Metballs
3DS Friend Code: 031879326955
PSN ID: MetONM
Xbox Gamertag: Metballs
Steam ID: metonm

Post by Met » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:16 pm

Isn't Melee their second biggest game, though?
<Kaee> I think Met would give better sex than Hoyle
cruizer wrote:I didn't start writing this with the intention of speaking about veganism; but the link between animal explotiation and oppressed human groups is so obvious

Dig Dug

Post by Dig Dug » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:28 pm

Melee gets bigger tournament entries and twitch views than Smash 4. When the two games combined netted evo 3500 entrances last year (the cross over rate between the games wasn't significantly high either) they know it is totally worth keeping, it's also why they are doing Pokken, so they can get more people at evo who wouldn't have gone to evo in the first place. personally I think evo is dumb for doing pokken because the game bombed in arcades, isn't out yet, doesn't have any real hype and will most likely lack a community outside of people who probably would have already gone to evo for Smash 4.
I'm not happy Ultra got dropped but nearly everyone would double dip on both Street Fighter IV and V games if they were both there so Capcom, Sony and Evo probablypulled it to put more attention on Street Fighter V, which sucks and is one of the reasons why players hate the esports machine.

ミドリ

Post by ミドリ » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:34 pm

also no Blazblue
あらためまして、はじめまして、ミドリです。

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:45 pm

I think I remember seeing before that Capcom didn't necessarily want Ultra in the lineup, I think they really wanted to just push V as the next competitive thing and get more of the Ultra community into that.
Destiny is Destiny.

Oathkeeper
NNID: MForward56
3DS Friend Code: 3523-2118-1902
Steam ID: MForward56

Post by Oathkeeper » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:03 pm

Not really sure if Pokkén has enough competitive depth compared to the other games but I guess it will be interesting to see how it does.

I think it's a bit ignorant to say "can the Smash community not move on from Melee already" when Melee and Smash Wii U are like completely different games with their own very distinct communities. They're really only similar in name and base mechanics so if they enjoy playing Melee why should they stop?

Scapegoat

Post by Scapegoat » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:25 pm

Oathkeeper wrote:Not really sure if Pokkén has enough competitive depth compared to the other games but I guess it will be interesting to see how it does.

I think it's a bit ignorant to say "can the Smash community not move on from Melee already" when Melee and Smash Wii U are like completely different games with their own very distinct communities. They're really only similar in name and base mechanics so if they enjoy playing Melee why should they stop?
but you could say the same for third strike, ultra, and sfv, they're all very mechanically different yet people have moved on from third strike.

either way, melee makes bank so it's no surprise that they're keeping it, personally I find it very boring to watch so I'd rather they just moved on to more modern games but if people still enjoy it then people still enjoy it.

I just find it a little odd that we need 2 smash games at evo, yes brawl was bad which is why melee has survived so long but it's a decade old now and it just feels to me like it's more of the same every tourney.

in any case it's not like I'll be watching it so I'll just dedicate my time to sfv, mkx, and ki. Hopefully someone will run a side tourney for skullgirls and ultimax.

also I don't really know what to think about pokken, as stated by other members not sure how much depth the game actually has but it looks a little more kiddy than other fighters, almost like playing Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm at evo but then again I'm talking out my ass and don't know anything.

komodo joe

Post by komodo joe » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:26 pm

Oathkeeper wrote: I think it's a bit ignorant to say "can the Smash community not move on from Melee already" when Melee and Smash Wii U are like completely different games with their own very distinct communities.
like 3rd strike and SF4 lo.l...../.
pound shop bill sorenson. | LOOK CLOSER LENNY

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:41 pm

Scapegoat wrote:yet people have moved on from third strike.
No they haven't, Third Strike still has a competitive community and gets a decent amount of play still.

I mean like you say, melee makes money and gets views which is the point of EVO at the end of the day, plus it has a pretty massive competitive community.

Not much point in complaining about Ultimax or Skullgirls not getting rep though. Ultimax is an anime fighter and usually they struggle to get much of a look in, but this time we have GGXrd:Revelator, the chances of us getting two anime fighters is pretty slim, plus while Ultimax is a great fighter, it doesn't have much in the way of a super active community. Skullgirls would be great but eh, with the lineup we have can't really complain about it's absence, it's not a big pull for a main stage title comparatively. And the great thing, if a fighting game is good and it has the community, yeah, there will just be a side tour for it since end of the day there's 9 main billing slots and plenty of games to pick from.
Destiny is Destiny.

Scapegoat

Post by Scapegoat » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:45 am

by moved on I mostly meant that the sf4 userbase is larger and pretty soon sfv will be building up in popularity. sure it still has a community that wants it but that community is smaller than the community that wants sf4, once again I could be talking out my ass but I see a ton more sf4 players than third strike players at this stage.

I wasn't so much complaining about the lack of ultimax and skullgirls, I knew I shouldn't have got my hopes up but I thought it had a slim chance after getting in last year, I'm sure there will be side tourneys for it regardless, although, I could be mistaken as it seems a lot of players have moved on to 2.0 at this stage which kinda sucks because I think it has a slim chance of western console release and the new shadow mechanics are kinda insane, giving them a burst back and giving them an unburstable combo was taking a class of characters that were underpowered, and buffing them far too much, honestly, I don't know why they didn't give them that unburstable combo but keep their lack of a burst consistent, that way they'd be heavily pressure based characters, giving them the buff they needed but not making them too strong. From what I've read, it seems like they're gonna be ridiculously op, to the point that it isn't even worth using the regular forms anymore.

beansontoast

Post by beansontoast » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:19 pm

ultimax is free on psn for anyone with a + membership

Scapegoat

Post by Scapegoat » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:54 pm

hopefully we get some people starting to pick it up then, the eu lobbies are always so empty and devoid of life.

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:31 pm

Watching the top 8 in the KI World Cup, really great stuff so far. It's great to see all the characters getting represented and KI at high levels is always insane to watch, really builds the hype for the PC release.
Destiny is Destiny.

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:52 am

Double posting for the intro movie to SFV, it's just 1 week now guys

Destiny is Destiny.

imbusydoctorwho
NNID: Da-Banker
3DS Friend Code: 3067-6402-2163
PSN ID: CrosswordMan

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:41 pm

Tried Street Fighter 5 at game at the weekend, can't wait till next week,
My Youtube Account PlaytendoGuy
Latest Reviews: Dishonored Death of the Outsider Uncharted Lost Legacy Yakuza Kiwami
PSN: Crossword Man
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

Dig Dug

Post by Dig Dug » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:46 pm

There's apparently been a leak from a Spanish games reviewer who claims the full version of Street Fighter V now supports PS3 stick on PS4. If that's true then I have no reason not to get the game (unless the PC port is eton mess that is).

ミドリ

Post by ミドリ » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:10 pm

Capcom just confirmed it. Also, Alex is coming next month.
あらためまして、はじめまして、ミドリです。

imbusydoctorwho
NNID: Da-Banker
3DS Friend Code: 3067-6402-2163
PSN ID: CrosswordMan

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:06 pm

The trophy list for Street Fighter 5 have been revealed, their description are quite humorous.
http://www.exophase.com/game/street-fig ... /trophies/

Also the game is going to be around 6gb which is really small for a modern game.
My Youtube Account PlaytendoGuy
Latest Reviews: Dishonored Death of the Outsider Uncharted Lost Legacy Yakuza Kiwami
PSN: Crossword Man
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:04 pm

Not surprising when you consider the game is designed to be very bare bones at the moment
Destiny is Destiny.

Rawrgna
PSN ID: Fr0zzy-senpai
Steam ID: rawgna

Post by Rawrgna » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:59 pm

Nothing too hard to achieve in the list just the 1 million bison dollars depending on how many you get from wining matches I guess
I'm a certified Genius and you cant teach that

Meowmix
NNID: Parablegreg
Xbox Gamertag: Parablegreg

Post by Meowmix » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:14 pm

Pre-loading SFV on my PS4 as we speeeeak get gooseberry fool HYPE boiz.

PSN is Mr_Ass_Hat hit me up if you fancy games.