[PC] Blizzard/Battle.net General

Anything and everything in the world of gaming, from PC and consoles to handhelds and mobile.
Decretum
NNID: Kotchi miteru?
PSN ID: Kotchi minaide!
Xbox Gamertag: Wanawanawana
Steam ID: Wana nanda??

[PC] Blizzard/Battle.net General

Post by Decretum » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:44 pm

Blizzard Entertainment® is a premier developer and publisher of entertainment software. After establishing the Blizzard Entertainment label in 1994, the company quickly became one of the most popular and well-respected makers of computer games. By focusing on creating well-designed, highly enjoyable entertainment experiences, Blizzard Entertainment has maintained an unparalleled reputation for quality since its inception.
While Blizzard have made several games in their time (all of which are free for discussion), I'll keep the OP related to their current IPs.

Official Site
World of Warcraft (WoW) is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) created in 2004 by Blizzard Entertainment. It is the fourth released game set in the fantasy Warcraft universe, which was first introduced by Warcraft: Orcs & Humans in 1994. World of Warcraft takes place within the Warcraft world of Azeroth, approximately four years after the events at the conclusion of Blizzard's previous Warcraft release, Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne.
Recent News/Updates
Latest Patch: 6.1
Latest Hotfixes: March 12

Official Site
Diablo III is an action role-playing video game developed and published by Blizzard Entertainment. It is the third installment in the Diablo franchise and was released in the Americas, Europe, South Korea, and Taiwan on May 15, 2012, and Russia on June 7, 2012, for Microsoft Windows and OS X. A console version was released for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on September 3, 2013. Versions for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One were released on August 19, 2014.

In the game, players choose one of six character classes — Barbarian, Crusader, Demon Hunter, Monk, Witch Doctor or Wizard (with the Crusader being unavailable unless the player has purchased the expansion pack, Diablo III: Reaper of Souls) — and are tasked with defeating the Lord of Terror, Diablo.
Recent News/Updates
Latest 2.2.0 PTR build
Diablo 3 Season 2 ending soon
Bloodshard cap to be increased by doing higher level Greater Rifts

Official Site
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty is a military science fiction real-time strategy video game developed and released by Blizzard Entertainment for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X. A sequel to the award-winning 1998 video game StarCraft and its expansion set Brood War, the game was released worldwide on July 27, 2010. It is split into three installments: the base game with the subtitle Wings of Liberty, an expansion pack Heart of the Swarm, as well as an upcoming stand alone expansion pack Legacy of the Void.

The game revolves around three species: the Terrans, human exiles from Earth; the Zerg, a super-species of assimilated life forms;[8] and the Protoss, a technologically advanced species with vast mental powers. Wings of Liberty focuses on the Terrans, while the expansions Heart of the Swarm and Legacy of the Void will focus on the Zerg and Protoss, respectively. The game is set four years after the events of 1998's StarCraft: Brood War, and follows the exploits of Jim Raynor as he leads an insurgent group against the autocratic Terran Dominion. The game includes both new and returning characters and locations from the original game.
Recent News/Updates
Balance Test Map Changes
Legacy of the Void Multiplayer Dev Update
Legacy of the Void page
WCS Global Finals at Blizzcon 2015

Official Site
Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft is a digital freemium collectible card game (CCG) developed by Blizzard Entertainment. Announced at the Penny Arcade Expo in March 2013, the game was released in March 2014. Hearthstone is available on Microsoft Windows and OS X systems and on iPad, Android tablet and Windows 8 touchscreen devices. The iPhone and Android phone platform releases are planned for the mid-2015. New content for the game involves the addition of new card sets and gameplay, such as from the Curse of Naxxramas adventure and the Goblins vs. Gnomes expansion pack.
Recent News/Updates
Blackrock Mountain site
New Blackrock Cards: Lava Shock & Axe Flinger
ROOT Gaming Invitation Deck Lists

Official Site
Heroes of the Storm is an upcoming multiplayer online battle arena video game developed by Blizzard Entertainment for Microsoft Windows and OS X. The game utilizes a combination of heroes from Blizzard's Warcraft, Diablo, StarCraft and other franchises and is set in the "Nexus." The game uses both free-to-play and freemium models and is supported by micropayments, which can be used to purchase visual alterations for the characters in the game. Blizzard does not call the game a "multiplayer online battle arena" or an "action real-time strategy" because they feel it is something different with a broader playstyle; they refer to it as a "Hero Brawler".
Recent News/Updates
Weekly Free Hero Rotation
Weekly Sale
Pax 2015 Interviews

Official Site
Overwatch is an upcoming multiplayer first-person shooter in development by Blizzard Entertainment. Unveiled on November 7, 2014 at BlizzCon, the game emphasizes cooperative gameplay using a cast of various "heroes", each with their own abilities and roles within a team. The game is scheduled to enter a closed beta phase in late 2015.
Overwatch will feature squad-based combat with two opposing teams of six players each. Similar to a multiplayer online battle arena game, players choose one of several hero characters, each with their own unique abilities and role classes. The four character roles include: offense-oriented characters with high speed and attack but low defense, defense-oriented characters meant to form choke points for enemies, support characters that provide buffs for their allies such as healing and other boosts, and tank characters that have a large amount of armor and hit points to withstand enemy attacks. Players can switch between characters in-game following deaths—a mechanism which is encouraged by the game's overall design. The game's maps are inspired by real-world locations.
Recent News/Updates
Pax 2015 Yes/No Interview + Gameplay

Battle.net Tags
Decretum - TehBlackMage#1129
And I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider’s name was Death

Decretum

Re: [PC] Blizzard/Battle.net General

Post by Decretum » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:47 pm

So what do people play? At the moment I play everything bar Starcraft 2 (still need to get Heart of the Swarm) and Overwatch (for obvious reasons), though most of my attention at the moment is focused on WoW and Diablo 3 currently due to raiding and the current diablo season. Meanwhile I only play Hearhstone and HotS for the daily quests to keep on top of them presently, although I'm definitely up for playing both more (a Hearthstone tourney would be pretty good to set up if we have enough interest/people for it, and my interest in HotS is related directly to the amount of people I have to play it with regularly.)

bort

Post by bort » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:54 am

i jumped back into Diablo 3 again the other day since its a great time killer, dont really have to think about what im doing in it since im not like a hardcore player or anything, just playing on my own for some fun

and my friend wants to start playing SC2 again but i was so useless at it, considering i used to play Command & Conquer all the time when i was younger, i just cant seem to pick SC2 up. watching the Katowice streams has definitely made me more interested though

KingoftheSocks
PSN ID: KingoftheSocks
Steam ID: chronofighter

Post by KingoftheSocks » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:29 pm

Looking into Overwatch, and so far is looking pretty good and if I can run it then it may be the thing that takes up a lot of my free time.

Not 100% sure I'll pick up anything else, Heroes of the storm looks decent I guess but nothing much interests me that much
Credit to liberal for this snazzy sig

bort

Post by bort » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:46 pm

i got into the beta of HotS like 2 weeks ago, and itssssssss pretty awful, did not like it one bit. blizzard just trying to cash in the moba $$$

Nintendo Ninja

Post by Nintendo Ninja » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:41 pm

Never really wanted to get properly interested in the life stealer that is WoW but I do enjoy playing Hearthstone. Don't really have any of the top tier cards so I usually only play to keep up with quests or to play around with some fun gimmicky decks like running Deathlords and Mogashin Wardens along with divine spirit & inner fire. Or Hobgoblin, Hobgoblin always makes for fun games.

Spilskinanka
Steam ID: Spilskinanka

Post by Spilskinanka » Mon May 04, 2015 10:17 am

bort wrote:i got into the beta of HotS like 2 weeks ago, and itssssssss pretty awful, did not like it one bit. blizzard just trying to cash in the moba $$$
I found it boring after one game, but maybe everything other than Dota just seems simple to me

Bumping because there's not really been any Blackrock Mountain discussion, how are people finding things? Been running a Dragon Priest which is quite fun although it's been getting unlucky recently rip
WeAreHarbinger: who cates aobut jnvidoe ngmajesj

Cribs
Steam ID: Cribster18

Post by Cribs » Tue May 05, 2015 6:18 pm

I've actually been playing some Dragon priest too, would be interested in seeing your decklist as mine is far from reliable.

Spilskinanka
Steam ID: Spilskinanka

Post by Spilskinanka » Tue May 05, 2015 7:26 pm

http://i.imgur.com/eBanvnR.jpg

Looks like this atm, would be better would a dr boom but I don't have one sadface
WeAreHarbinger: who cates aobut jnvidoe ngmajesj

fluffyKittan
NNID: How wanders the dog
3DS Friend Code: In search of
PSN ID: timely relief
Xbox Gamertag: Trapped:
Steam ID: the boy laments

Post by fluffyKittan » Thu May 12, 2016 12:40 pm

Update this for overwatch or I'll have Kokujin make a new thread
TSF sQuad life ~ pour one out for Sangmin
"People who work at Nisa:'Look, I have a job'." [Decretum, B&M employee circa May 2016]

Decretum

Post by Decretum » Thu May 12, 2016 12:42 pm

It has overwatch in it you loser what do you want a note that says "overwatch beta happened"?

fluffyKittan

Post by fluffyKittan » Thu May 26, 2016 8:30 am

Do you ever get that feeling of deja vu?
"People who work at Nisa:'Look, I have a job'." [Decretum, B&M employee circa May 2016]

Decretum

Post by Decretum » Thu May 26, 2016 3:11 pm

It's about 12 o'clock

bort

Post by bort » Thu May 26, 2016 6:45 pm

roundabout midday

fluffyKittan

Post by fluffyKittan » Fri May 27, 2016 8:16 am

I didn't start this war...

Kriken
FKA liberal
NNID: PhoenixVonKarma
Steam ID: Kriken

Post by Kriken » Mon May 30, 2016 11:11 am

My tag's Kriken#21406

Just got Overwatch at the moment. No plans to get any of the other games at the moment.

Chocolate-Milk
NNID: mcdain123
3DS Friend Code: 2148-9345-8376
PSN ID: mcdain123
Steam ID: mcdain123

Post by Chocolate-Milk » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:54 pm

Mine's ChoclateMilk#21458, and I'm in the same boat.

Please add me I'm so alone
das a peepo

Decretum

Post by Decretum » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:21 am

I'm drowning in Overwatch buddies tbh

fluffyKittan

Post by fluffyKittan » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:17 am

I'm the best tracer gooseberry fool off

Nofes
NNID: noffles
3DS Friend Code: 2320 6164 3159
PSN ID: Inofa
Xbox Gamertag: Inofa
Steam ID: Inofa

Post by Nofes » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:29 pm

play of the games as D.Va are my favourite gooseberry fool thing
Bucket

fluffyKittan

Post by fluffyKittan » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:56 am

Implying it's hard to get play as D.Va without ult. It's not like it's symmetra or zenyatta. Or Zarya even who simply features as a cameo with an amazing black hole before McGEEE high 12pms the helpless team.

Nofes
NNID: noffles
3DS Friend Code: 2320 6164 3159
PSN ID: Inofa
Xbox Gamertag: Inofa
Steam ID: Inofa

Post by Nofes » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:31 am

Zarya is basically only useful in a team that's working with mics.
Bucket

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:27 pm

Best
6m 7s
#173 (Top 2%)
Most Objective Time
B)

fluffyKittan

Post by fluffyKittan » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:28 pm

You only get that amount of time by being unable to kill people tbh fam

Decretum

Post by Decretum » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:39 pm

HOW ABOUT THAT NEW DIABLO SEASON GUYS