Mortal Kombat X

Anything and everything in the world of gaming, from PC and consoles to handhelds and mobile.
Meowmix
NNID: Parablegreg
Xbox Gamertag: Parablegreg

Mortal Kombat X

Post by Meowmix » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:32 am

So this is out today, planning on nuking the game all week and heading to a tournament on Saturday.

Who's getting it, what console?

Mr_Ass_Hat - Ps4. Add me up if you wanna play.

breezyskells
NNID: skells33
3DS Friend Code: 013017838731
PSN ID: skells22
Xbox Gamertag: breezyskells2

Re: Mortal Kombat X

Post by breezyskells » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:28 pm

at least someone asked. I got this a week ago for Xbox one (yes made the leap to next gen at christmas time last year) and if anyone wants to play me you just need to add a 2 to my forum name to get my gamertag and if adding plese pm you added me
if adding please pm me from this forum

Jezo
NNID: Super_Jezo
3DS Friend Code: 4811-6932-4056
Xbox Gamertag: J3Z0
Steam ID: Jezo

Post by Jezo » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:10 pm

Was planning on getting on 360 once the 'ultimate' edition comes out with all the DLC.
Avvy goes up to #110 Weezing

KingoftheSocks
PSN ID: KingoftheSocks
Steam ID: chronofighter

Post by KingoftheSocks » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:45 pm

If it comes out of PS3 then I'll look into it seeing as I probably won't get a PS4 for a long time.

However will be maining Reptile, Sektor and Johnny Cage as per usual, unless Sektor is unplayable, then I'll swap to Kano
Credit to liberal for this snazzy sig

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:49 pm

But Kotal Khan actually has the hype eton mess
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

Scapegoat
PSN ID: UploadedNetwork

Post by Scapegoat » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:02 am

Got this on PC day 1. Originally didn't see this thread and posted about it in the fighting game thread, but now that this is alive...

You should be able to find me on steam under the name Scapegote. I main Kitana and this is the first fighting game I'm actually trying to get decent at, I'd like to be able to play more fighting games but you gotta start somewhere.
Unfortunately the PC release hasn't been the smoothest and online is really glitchy. I heard that a patch is supposedly coming out today so hopefully they fix the problems.
27 hours on record and I still can't kombo anything. I am the definition of a scrublord.

Also Sektor is not in the game at the moment, and hasn't been confirmed for DLC, but in this age, anything can happen, so they may end up releasing some old fighters such as Rain, Cyrax, Sektor etc into the roster. Personally I'm waiting to see if Tremor is anything like I hope he'll be and then after I actually figure out Kitana I'll move on and main him and Kenshi.

I'm assuming that nobody bought this on PC because PC is by far the least popular format for fighting games. Too bad I don't have enough for a PS4 yet :/

KingoftheSocks

Post by KingoftheSocks » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:05 pm

Scapegoat wrote: Also Sektor is not in the game at the moment, and hasn't been confirmed for DLC, but in this age, anything can happen
I know but I do believe there has been some hints towards him and cyrax being part of future dlc.

But Tremor is confirmed for one of the DLC packs coming out so there is that.

imbusydoctorwho
NNID: Da-Banker
3DS Friend Code: 3067-6402-2163
PSN ID: CrosswordMan

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:07 pm

Been playing through this since Friday and blimey it's fun, the kombat is brutal but very satisfying. My mains are Cassie, Scorpian and the Woman with the fans (forgot her name), I will be messing about with the other characters to see what they are like.

Quick question will Goro be free dlc or will you have to pay for it?
It kinda P's me of fighting him in the towers and I can't play as him.
My Youtube Account PlaytendoGuy
Latest Reviews: Dishonored Death of the Outsider Uncharted Lost Legacy Yakuza Kiwami
PSN: Crossword Man
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

Scapegoat

Post by Scapegoat » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:03 am

imbusydoctorwho wrote:Been playing through this since Friday and blimey it's fun, the kombat is brutal but very satisfying. My mains are Cassie, Scorpian and the Woman with the fans (forgot her name), I will be messing about with the other characters to see what they are like.

Quick question will Goro be free dlc or will you have to pay for it?
It kinda P's me of fighting him in the towers and I can't play as him.
Goro was a pre-order bonus, however, he will become available as paid dlc later on in the year.

He's not very good anyway, he's bottom tier, although if you really want to main him (I can understand) then yeah, you'll have to buy him later on. At least he came back. A lot of Freddy Krueger mains were sad that he didn't return, despite him only being a guest character anyway.

Rawrgna
PSN ID: Fr0zzy-senpai
Steam ID: rawgna

Post by Rawrgna » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:11 am

Im not sure if i would want freddie back as a guest karacter again in X considering there's already Jason and Predator to fulfil the movie spots, however if it was to be a console exclusive character o think Fulgore would fit into the MK lore well for xbone or PC however im not sure who would fit for Sony besides Kratos again.
I'm a certified Genius and you cant teach that

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:17 am

To be honest I'm happy with the roster we've got, it's really pretty massive when you think about it but at the same time they managed to cut out a lot of the crap MK games have had before. Likewise I'm happy that they focused on making stages look gorgeous and detailed instead of simply dumping lots of them into the game, the overall experience is just something that's evident that Netherrealm took a lot of time and care over things and it works.
Destiny is Destiny.

Blaxel411
NNID: Black-wolf209
3DS Friend Code: 4811-7239-6713
Xbox Gamertag: Not on my life

Post by Blaxel411 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:39 am

I actually really like the story. And inferno scorpion. Oh my lord, inferno scorpion. I played my friend with him and completely wrecked house and he's had the game for a few days, while that was my first time.
I think we can all agree that i`m a great asset to the human race.

Garf
NNID: Garfsona
PSN ID: GarfGuy
Steam ID: garfield069

Post by Garf » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:28 pm

I think my only fault with the game is that the X Rays feel a bit too fatal. In MK9, there were some that were pretty fatal like Sub Zero's, but now they all look like Fatalities, which kinda feels weird

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:58 pm

Nah, if you're strong enough it's perfectly legit to get back up after organs, spines and skulls have been destroyed. You just need to get good Garf.

Edit: ScorpionxSub Zero OTP
Destiny is Destiny.

Scapegoat

Post by Scapegoat » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:10 pm

Rawrgna wrote: im not sure who would fit for Sony besides Kratos again.
crash bandicoot 4 evo

Regarding xrays, gooseberry fool Quan Chi actually disconnects the spinal cord and the skull in his xray. Also, in Shinnok's xray, he breaks their ribs with a giant hand, and then, when he stabs them with the spear in the chest, he breaks them again. By this logic in MK everyone's bones heal less than 4 seconds after they've been broken.

KingoftheSocks

Post by KingoftheSocks » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:48 pm

Ermac's is brutal as he breaks your neck by tombstoning into it mid air, but the worst for me is Takeda's who smashes your skull in with his foot after piercing straight through it with his whips

Garf
NNID: Garfsona
PSN ID: GarfGuy
Steam ID: garfield069

Post by Garf » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:21 pm

Erron Black's for the best, ricocheting his bullet around you, so good.
JenovaPX wrote:Nah, if you're strong enough it's perfectly legit to get back up after organs, spines and skulls have been destroyed. You just need to get good Garf.

Edit: ScorpionxSub Zero OTP
Scorpion best girl

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:25 pm

Should be getting it tomorrow now, no idea who I'll main since they've included so many characters I really enjoy this time around on top of the classics who are all great too.
Destiny is Destiny.

Meowmix
NNID: Parablegreg
Xbox Gamertag: Parablegreg

Post by Meowmix » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:02 pm

games on PS4 anyone?

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:51 pm

Got it on PS4 today, still haven't played it but I'll get round to the online eventually
Destiny is Destiny.