Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Anything and everything in the world of gaming, from PC and consoles to handhelds and mobile.
Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Re: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Post by Robbo-92 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:27 pm

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/10/05/h ... odstained/

Reading between the lines in that interview it really wouldn't surprise me if the backers are given a vote as to move development of the Wii U version to the NX or not. Games looking pretty good at the moment as well judging by that video.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:41 pm

Double post but oh well this contains a bit of news.

The Wii U version has been replaced by the Switch version, if you backed the Wii U version (as I did) then it has automatically been changed to the Switch version, you can change it to another platform should you wish though.

Not exactly surprising in my opinion considering the relative success of the Switch already.

Rik
NNID: RikTheNinja
3DS Friend Code: 1032-1749-4002

Post by Rik » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:09 am

Yeah, it was always going to happen. Least there's still a big window for people to switch if they need to. Or for people to actually get round to buying a Switch.
Ghost wrote:and since when has "being dumb" been a sin on the internet?
Pokeforum Random Battle Tourney - come for the battles, stay for the salt

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:53 am

Considering it's still a long way off release it makes sense (surprised the Vita still has it but glad), a full year at least til release after all. Refunds are available though if you selected WiiU on the backer survey prior to this and don't want it on anything else.
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:51 am

I do wonder if the Vita version will be cancelled next though, didn't they hire a studio to port the game to the Wii U and Vita as the engine wasn't supported on those consoles? Wonder if they'll see it as an unneeded expense later down the line.

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:50 pm

Not likely as there's no alternative. The only reason the WiiU version was cancelled is because of the Switch, it's literally just all the resources from the WiiU version going into the Switch, not the notion that it's an "unneeded expense" especially when the Switch is more expensive to dev for. The Vita doesn't have that going on and does still have people who want that particular version. As it is there's going to be lots of people annoyed enough at this current change of console, let alone any others.
Destiny is Destiny.

Scapegoat
PSN ID: UploadedNetwork

Post by Scapegoat » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:32 pm

good change, expected it tbh.

I'm getting it on ps4 anyway but yeah, I'd imagine it'd be pretty nice on the switch, being able to play it on the go if preferred is nice.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:30 pm

JenovaPX wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:50 pm
Not likely as there's no alternative. The only reason the WiiU version was cancelled is because of the Switch, it's literally just all the resources from the WiiU version going into the Switch, not the notion that it's an "unneeded expense" especially when the Switch is more expensive to dev for. The Vita doesn't have that going on and does still have people who want that particular version. As it is there's going to be lots of people annoyed enough at this current change of console, let alone any others.
Wouldn't the Switch actually be cheaper to develop for as it runs Unreal Engine already whereas they were paying people to port it for the Wii U? Obviously the differences may now be minimal as I presume they'd already started paying a team to port the engine to the Wii U but from what developers say about the Switch being easy to develop for I presumed the Switch would be cheaper.

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:30 pm

Meant more expensive to publish rather than dev, my bad. Still not a major problem given they have a publisher and the funds for porting (hence why they were extension goals), the biggest difference it makes is that a synchronous release for the Switch and other consoles is more likely than with the WiiU which would probably have had to be staggered.
Destiny is Destiny.