What Are We Playing At The Moment?

Your link to the past. Talk about anything to do with games or consoles from years gone by.
OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Re: What Are We Playing At The Moment?

Post by OrangeRakoon » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:15 pm

danbish wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:36 pm
I've just had a playthrough of TimeSplitters 2 on GameCube. Forgotten just how good (and difficult) this game is.
What does playthrough mean.

Did you do all the challenges? :P

danbish
NNID: TheFatPlumber
3DS Friend Code: 0920-1615-5762
Xbox Gamertag: Emerald Eagle
Steam ID: TheFatPlumber

Post by danbish » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:00 pm

I did a playthrough of the story mode where I failed and died more times than I'm willing to admit, especially in the 70's Atomsmasher level and did a few of the challenges. I erased the file and started from scratch before I played so I've got loads to go back and do which I'll probably chip away at. I did try hard mode but to say I found it difficult is an understatement, I pretty much got annihilated in Siberia. In about a dozen attempts I only made it across the river twice!

Like I said, I've forgotten how hard it is. Or I've just become terrible at it in the decade + that I have't played it.

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:28 am

It is definitely a hard game, but I absolutely love that hard mode has more objectives rather than just enemies being tougher.

danbish

Post by danbish » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:04 pm

This is why I prefer these games along with the likes of GoldenEye007 and Perfect Dark over standard shooters. There's differences in how they play with something to do rather than just shoot enemies or more difficult ones with higher health on harder difficulties. I tend to get bored running and gunning after a while whereas these hold my attention so much more - I feel like there's more of a point to play it. And these kind of games seem few and far between today.

kerr9000

Post by kerr9000 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:18 am

I remember getting time splitters 2 on GameCube on the day of release... We used to have this shop that did games and comics called another world. Game was having a sale selling some not great cube games for £5 I purchased 8 of them then traded them into another world and got enough store credit for time splitters 2 and a second hand import copy of animal crossing... I'd briefly played the original time splitters and thought it was ok but boy did the second one blow me away... When I got an Xbox it was bundled in with that so I happily ended up playing it all over again on my new system.. I really should pull it out and let my daughter try it... Thanks for reminding me of it guys 😁

danbish

Post by danbish » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:08 pm

No worries! I have Future Perfect somewhere too that I bought a few years ago. Need to find some time and crack that bad boy open. I did play it a few months after release on the original Xbox but I struggled with the HUGE controller. I should have bought the smaller one when they released it buy young, stubborn me refused thinking I could manage fine. I managed but not as fine as I thought I could but I still stupidly refused to buy the smaller one even though it would have made my Xbox gaming much easier. Young me was a bit of an idiot as times.

kerr9000

Post by kerr9000 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:01 pm

I know I have future perfect but no idea which platform I have it on, I know I finished the story on it but never invested loads of time just messing around like I did with splitters 2.

Retro wise lattly I have been playing some Pokémon red

ZeroJones
NNID: Ballyzero

Post by ZeroJones » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:44 am

danbish wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:49 pm
I love the sprite artwork of it. The 3DS remake doesn't quite have the same appeal to me - even though I will be buying it since its a great game.
I'm afraid I'm playing the copy I've got on my Wii U so that I don't have to buy the game! :oops: Cheeky, I know... but I am really enjoying it.

danbish

Post by danbish » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:19 pm

It is tremendous and one of my GBA favourites

Kriken
FKA liberal

Post by Kriken » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:26 am

Dipped my feet back into Pokemon Gold/Silver (Gold in this case because I had Silver as a kid) for the re-release. Probably going to take my time with this one.