Mega Man - please advise me

Your link to the past. Talk about anything to do with games or consoles from years gone by.
Cruizer

Mega Man - please advise me

Post by Cruizer » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:34 pm

So I realised to my shame I've never played a MegaMan game. I played a bit of Vectorman on the SEGA collection I was told Mega Man is similar so I may enjoy that too?

What would you all say the best Mega Man is (preferrably pick one that is available on eShop, because that is where I'll most likely be purchasing it from).

Thanks in advance for your help :D

p.s. sorry for the very short OP
"soylent green is people"

bigcalwv
NNID: bigcal1988

Re: Mega Man - please advise me

Post by bigcalwv » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:59 pm

MegaMan 2 :).

toffeeman30

Post by toffeeman30 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:36 pm

bigcalwv wrote:MegaMan 2 :).

all day long

Highlight

Post by Highlight » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:31 pm

I can tell you right now that I never played a single Megaman game before last year, but heard great things about Megaman 2. I downloaded it on the 3DS and it's every bit as good as people said - the music is catchy, the gameplay is great, and the way you can select the order of the levels and use the bosses weapons to help your progress helps it's replayability. There's no rose-tinted glasses with me - this is just pure class.
ImageImage
Dig Dug wrote:Highlight nailed that.

komodo joe

Post by komodo joe » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:08 am

If you just want an easy-ish game to get you into the series then 2 is very beginner friendly and also pretty good. 9 & 10 are also fairly entry level but still harder than 2.

If you want to immediately get gooseberry fool up by all things Mega Man start with 1 or 3.
pound shop bill sorenson. | LOOK CLOSER LENNY

Cruizer

Post by Cruizer » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:55 pm

Thank you for your advice guys :D I'll download MM2. By the way if you all like Mega Man you maybe interested in this http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/08/05/g ... -announced it seems they are releasing the whole collection.
Highlight wrote:I can tell you right now that I never played a single Megaman game before last year, but heard great things about Megaman 2. I downloaded it on the 3DS and it's every bit as good as people said - the music is catchy, the gameplay is great, and the way you can select the order of the levels and use the bosses weapons to help your progress helps it's replayability. There's no rose-tinted glasses with me - this is just pure class.
Yeah that's good to hear as I'll obviously be playing this for the first too, so there won't be any goodwill because nostalgia.
komodo joe wrote: 9 & 10 are also fairly entry level but still harder than 2.
It would be cool to play 9 or 10 after so I can be blown away by the SNES graphics after playing a NES game - which is better 9 or 10?

Thanks guys
"soylent green is people"

kerr9000

Post by kerr9000 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:39 pm

9 and 10 are made to look like the NES even though there made for the live/arcade stores of current consoles.

The Snes megaman games are Megaman x x2 and x3 I think they are on the Virtual Console and if you want a Megaman game which although gets hard eases you into things Megaman X isent a bad place to start, its also not directly connected to the NES games so doesn't depend on you having played them.