What Machines did you actually get for Christmas

Your link to the past. Talk about anything to do with games or consoles from years gone by.
kerr9000

What Machines did you actually get for Christmas

Post by kerr9000 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:39 pm

So seeing ass it is almost Christmas day, what old machines did you get for Christmas back when they were in there prime, did you ask for them in particular or was it a big suprise..

The first thing I remember getting was the Spectrum 128K +2, I had played around on my older brothers spectrum 48k as a kid and my parents just got me this for Christmas one year it was a mega suprise.

I also remember getting a megadrive one year , I had asked for it and got it with a few games I had said I liked the look of.... it was a faulty machine though, it had a faulty player one joypad port, so I didnt actually get to play on it till they returned it to the store and were given a new one... the store wasnt open till the 27th or 28th or something though as theyd closed for Christmas, it was painful but in the end I loved it.

I also got a Snes I think it was the following year from the megadrive, luckily this time it all went perfect... I kind of knew I was getting it (Id asked nicly and explained why it would be worth having a mega drive and a SNES and my mum had seemed to agree with my reasoning) so I had used my own cash to save up for an import convertor and I got a bunch of American second hand games in advance so I had a pretty cool collection when it came along. A lot of my friends parents wouldnt allow them to have more than one console a generation so I felt very lucky.

danbish
NNID: TheFatPlumber
3DS Friend Code: 0920-1615-5762
Xbox Gamertag: Emerald Eagle
Steam ID: TheFatPlumber

Re: What Machines did you actually get for Christmas

Post by danbish » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:06 pm

The only consoles I've received for Christmas was a ZX Spectrum +2 when me and my brother were little and the a NES a few years after. Other than that I've bought all my consoles myself although I have received the odd game here and there.

toffeeman30

Post by toffeeman30 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:31 pm

Got atari 2600 back in the day. Bought myself a nes mini this year so i can remember xmas in the past too

Kriken
FKA liberal

Post by Kriken » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:02 pm

Seriously can't remember. Possibly the N64 and the GBC (with Pokemon red), but one of my sisters hogged the GBC for a long time before I got to play it. I was quite young. I'm pretty sure I got all the other home consoles/handhelds on other days. And now I'm too old to be getting consoles for Christmas haha - in the way that people who know me will know I'd have already gotten the console if I wanted it. But who knows, it could happen in future.

RichardUK
NNID: RichardBatesUK
3DS Friend Code: 1177-9740-4606
PSN ID: RichardBatesUK
Xbox Gamertag: RichardBatesUK

Post by RichardUK » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:14 am

I remember defiantly getting the N64 for Christmas, I am not sure if I also got a original PlayStation one year, all the others I got on or around launch or for my birthday
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'

bigcalwv
NNID: bigcal1988

Post by bigcalwv » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:40 pm

While I was too young to remember, I'm fairly certain I got the NES for christmas. I definitely remember unwrapping the SNES when I was younger and it was glorious. Was the version with the SUPER SCOPE too.

Got the original GB one year too. I remember me and my brother had finished opening up all our presents and being super happy, then my mum casually suggested we look behind the pillows on the couch. My brother got a a cassette player and I got the GB :D.

Christmas 1997 I got the PS1 which is still to this day one of my best ever presents.

And lastly I got the original Xbox in like, 2002/3. My friend got his on launch and we played the feck out of Halo, so I decided I wanted one too and eventually got around to it lol.

After that, all the systems I've gotten are ones I bought myself.

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:30 pm

I can't remember when we got our N64 but I think it must have been for Christmas one year.

What I do remember getting for Christmas though are:

- GBC (with pokemon red and pokemon blue - I had to give my brother red and let him share the GBC)
- GBA (I got the glacier/see-through blue one with Kuru Kuru Kururin, my brother got the fuchsia/see-through red with Konami Krazy Racers)
- PS2 (shared between me and my brother, I got DBZ Budokai with it)
- PSP (with Pursuit Force)
- Wii (with wii sports, wii play and Twilight Princess - I went out and bought Zelda collector's edition and Wind Waker on GC on boxing day as I had never had a GC)

Since then I've bought my consoles myself (PS3, DS Lite, Vita, N3DS, PS4)

Jezo
NNID: Super_Jezo
3DS Friend Code: 4811-6932-4056
Xbox Gamertag: J3Z0
Steam ID: Jezo

Post by Jezo » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:01 pm

kerr9000 wrote:So seeing ass
mmm
Avvy goes up to #110 Weezing