What Are We Playing At The Moment?

Your link to the past. Talk about anything to do with games or consoles from years gone by.
ZeroJones
NNID: Ballyzero

Re: What Are We Playing At The Moment?

Post by ZeroJones » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:05 pm

I'm playing Golden Sun. We've had a very on-off relationship but I am determined to see it through this time.

Ape
NNID: GenericAperson
3DS Friend Code: 133281054437
PSN ID: GSAperson

Post by Ape » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:18 am

Playing Pokemon HeartGold recently. This is actually my first time playing through the remake having bought it very recently.

Had a real clutch fight with Whitney that went some interesting places. I decided I would use Togetic as my Flying type on the team and of course that comes with Metronome. So far, it has come up with Roar of Time, Spacial Rend, Luster Purge, Doom Desire and Judgement from using Metronome.

Anyway, my intial plan was to use a Female Flaaffy with Focus Blast to take out Miltank, only to find that Flaaffy can't learn Focus Blast. Tried using Thundershock to wear it down, but it didn't work and eventually paralysed Miltank twice (Lum Berry healed off the first time). Flaafy then got KO'd and that was my only Female Pokemon, so all the others got infactuated. I did lower it's Attack with Growl a multitude of times, so I then tried to wear it down with Water Gun on Croconaw... but Milk Drink obviously meant I couldn't do that quite so easily. Kept switching out for Infactuation with Skiploom being a Pivot with U-turn to get back in and deal damage at the same time... but only really made progress when Metronome threw up Conversion and turned Togetic into the Psychic type. Despite being infactuated I now had STAB Extrasensory and with it's Attack stat lowered Rollout was quite harmless. Add in Confusion and Paralysis as well as the fact this Togetic has Serene Grace and there were a fair few flinches in there too which enabled me to win in the end. The entire team was around Level 18 so Miltank was stronger than all of them.

Actually one of the more intense in game battles I've had in a long time.

Kriken
FKA liberal

Post by Kriken » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:24 am

Close to finishing Valkyria Chronicles, which I've had mixed feelings about. Mainly the inconsistent/bad AI and being unable to skip or speed up long and drawn out enemy turns. The writing is also pretty meh. But the game's still mostly fun, looks gorgeous and, at least for me, pretty refreshing since I haven't played many games like it.

toffeeman30

Post by toffeeman30 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:06 am

diddy kong racing. tis all

Kriken
FKA liberal

Post by Kriken » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:31 pm

Pokemon Red because I'm a sucker and snapped it up straight away when it was on sale on the 3DS. And it was only 30% too. Considered getting Yellow since you can get all the starter pokemon in that but I don't give a crap about the Pikachu feature and I don't like the cheesy anime insert of Jessie and James.

toffeeman30

Post by toffeeman30 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:30 pm

un squadron snes. one of my fav shooters

danbish
NNID: TheFatPlumber
3DS Friend Code: 0920-1615-5762
Xbox Gamertag: Emerald Eagle
Steam ID: TheFatPlumber

Post by danbish » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:56 pm

Conker's Bad Fur Day.

toffeeman30

Post by toffeeman30 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:30 pm

i didnt know this till now that the original game genie plugs into a gameboy advance. i found out this weekend while messing on my gba playing golden sun

ZeroJones

Post by ZeroJones » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:18 am

Having finally conquered Golden Sun, I've started The Lost Age. :roll: I might give myself a break from all the sunniness but I don't know what I'll be playing instead.

Cruizer

Post by Cruizer » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:28 pm

Played a bit of Flicky on the Sega Mega-Drive collection. Gawd is that a good game - such tight level design and a logical increase in difficulty - it starts out pretty simple but you really have to watch every step by the closing levels of the game (and I played it as intended - no saving and then when returning to the save point when I lost). The nice thing about is though it looks a little basic gameplay wise it wasn't at all restricted by the technology of the time - with all the fancy PS4s and Xbones you couldn't improve upon that game if you made it now.

Also played an old Sega Master System game called "Psycho Fox" -has anyone ever played it (or even heard of it?) because it's bloody good.
"soylent green is people"

Kriken
FKA liberal

Post by Kriken » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:55 pm

Super Mario 64 DS, which I just got on the Wii U shop.

I'm starting to wish I got the original instead because even on the gamepad screen it's a calculator-quality display.

ZeroJones

Post by ZeroJones » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:07 pm

Donkey Kong 64, whose camera is pants in the extreme. Someone should have told Rare/Nintendo/whoever needed telling that the optimum position for the camera is behind your character, because it seems to want me to walk into the screen as often as primately possible. Grrr! :evil:

toffeeman30

Post by toffeeman30 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:36 pm

Mystical ninja n64. One of my favs even though camera sloppy at times. Doesnt stop my enjoyment of it though

toffeeman30

Post by toffeeman30 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:28 am

un squadron snes

Ploiper
NNID: ploiper
PSN ID: ploiper

Post by Ploiper » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:27 pm

decided to go back to paper mario the thousand year door, been quite a while since i played that.
EAT DIRT VILE SIG OF DOOM, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ZeroJones

Post by ZeroJones » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:33 pm

Cracking game - one of my top three of all time. :mrgreen: Here's hoping PM:TTYD is a launch title on the Switch's eShop!

I've just experienced the delights of Adventures Of Lolo for the first time. Seems like a game I should have played long before now: one-screen puzzlers are so far up my street they're poking through my letterbox.

Kriken
FKA liberal

Post by Kriken » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:30 am

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Kriken
FKA liberal

Post by Kriken » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:46 pm

Yeah I'm not really feeling this Skyward Sword playthrough.

Meanwhile I introduced my Smash Melee friends to Mario Tennis (N64 - Wii virtual console) and it went down a storm. Pretty likely there are gonna be side events/tournaments for it in future in our region and that's going to be sick. Such a good game.

toffeeman30

Post by toffeeman30 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:36 pm

alien 3 snes. not an essential snes game to have, but enjoyable all the same. worth a play and enjoyed my time with it. music is atmospheric too, the snes really bossed the 16 bit era concerning music

Ape
NNID: GenericAperson
3DS Friend Code: 133281054437
PSN ID: GSAperson

Post by Ape » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:27 pm

Pokemon SoulSilver. Not completely a replay because it's on a different cartridge but I've beaten HeartGold before so it technically kind of is.

Currently training up my team for the gym battle against Clair. Team is:

Feraligatr Lv. 39
Crobat Lv. 38
Ampharos Lv. 39
Heracross Lv. 38
Espeon Lv. 39
Mamoswine Lv. 34

Aiming to get everyone up to Level 40. Mamoswine was the last Pokemon to join the team hence why he's so far behind everyone else.

Kriken
FKA liberal

Post by Kriken » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:18 pm

Ocarina of Time, albeit the 3DS version.

Was playing Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon on the Wii U, which I purchased because I was nostalgic about the time I played it on the DS. Got a bit bored of it though. But the 2D art and the music is still as gorgeous as ever. I don't mind the equivalents in the 3DS games but they were surprisingly top notch here. You look at other sorts of counterparts such as the DS Advance Wars games and Shadow Dragon definitely wins in this department (even if I do prefer Advance Wars).

Also recently got all the stars on Super Mario 64 DS, the second time I've done this. Guess I can't say fully completed because I don't know if I have all the minigames unlocked but I dont' really care about them anymore.

Scapegoat
PSN ID: UploadedNetwork

Post by Scapegoat » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:49 pm

sports heads football because I really felt like reliving the days when I would play eton mess flash games on my old dell family computer what a disaster.

but tbf big up sports heads thanks for giving me the best way to slack off during IT class back in primary school all the way through to college.

danbish

Post by danbish » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:36 pm

I've just had a playthrough of TimeSplitters 2 on GameCube. Forgotten just how good (and difficult) this game is.

ZeroJones

Post by ZeroJones » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:49 am

Spending a little time with Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. Love how big and chunky the graphics are compared to later games in the series. :D

danbish

Post by danbish » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:49 pm

I love the sprite artwork of it. The 3DS remake doesn't quite have the same appeal to me - even though I will be buying it since its a great game.