Latest Retro Purchases

Your link to the past. Talk about anything to do with games or consoles from years gone by.
bigcalwv
NNID: bigcal1988

Re: Latest Retro Purchases

Post by bigcalwv » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:29 pm

Always enjoyed the Time Crisis games as a kid, but only got to play em at my mates house since I didn't own a light gun :P. Resident Evil Survivor on PS1 was awesome though, I remember being able to rent it with a gun for a week for like £5 back in the day. Played the eton mess out of it.

As for light gun games on the Wii or anything, Ghost Squad is really damn fun, and you can pick it up pre-owned for dirt cheap. I got it for £1. House of the Dead games, either the originals on Dreamcast or the Wii versions are also tremendous fun. Always kinda surprised me that the Wii didn't have more of a light gun game library tbh. At least any sort of high profile ones (there are some utter eton mess, almost shovelware light gun games lol). The motion controllers were perfect for that type of game, especially with a gun adapter to put the Wiimote into.

And yeah, really looking forward to playing the X-Men games. Love Marvel: Ultimate Alliance on the Wii, and that's basically a spiritual successor to the X-Men games in terms of style and gameplay, only now you get the entire Marvel cast to play around with instead of just X-Men.

danbish
NNID: TheFatPlumber
3DS Friend Code: 0920-1615-5762
Xbox Gamertag: Emerald Eagle
Steam ID: TheFatPlumber

Post by danbish » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:33 pm

I never mentioned it but I do own Ghost Squad. The voice acting is awful but its just so damned funny at the same time. The game is amazing too and a right life with mates! One of the Wii's finest.

Might give that Time Crisis a try Kerr, thanks. I need to try and get a PS Move though as I can't see it working too well with the controller. I bought HotD: Overkill HD too quite a while ago for around £6 sealed and haven't played that yet for the same reason, the Move starter packs are so expensive!

kerr9000

Post by kerr9000 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:36 pm

I got that time crisis I showed from a shop for 7quid so look around... the amazon price seems high

bigcalwv

Post by bigcalwv » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:33 am

Well, I went into Doncaster yesterday specifically to visit a retro games shop, hoping to get something good and maybe even a new (old) console. Turns out the shop has closed down :(. What a waste of a journey. The CEX there was pitiful compared to the one I normally go to. And the other games shops didn't sell anything before PS3/360/Wii, and of course they all had smaller Nintendo libraries than me. Booooo.

And to top it all off... all the games I bought on Saturday showed up. AT MY PARENTS HOUSE. Forgot to change my address :lol:. So I ended up with nothing yesterday! Ended up just pre-ordered SSB instead :P.

Guess I really do have to stick to buying online for retro games :(.

K2.

Post by K2. » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:32 pm

Must have been Megaman Star Force 2 Zerker x Saurian at MCM for £10, great game in a great series, might have to see if there is a fantranslation of the Japan only 3rd game

kerr9000

Post by kerr9000 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:12 pm

PSP games 4 for 8 quid from retro store

Super Monkey Ball Adventure boxed complete
Bomberman Land boxed complete
Grand theft auto liberty city stories boxed complete
Sega Mega drive collection platinum version boxed complete

Dig Dug

Post by Dig Dug » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:05 pm

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past / 4 Swords
Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones
£30 for the 3 cart only from some guy on a forum.

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (USA ver) £11 on a forum.
I was chasing the Wind Waker with the master quest disc but for £11 I'll just take wind waker on its own.
I'm kicking myself though because I found someone selling an American copy of Baten Kaitos for £16 + £2 P&P buy it now on ebay and I let it go because I was worried about money.

kerr9000

Post by kerr9000 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:31 pm

Astonisha Story for PSP complete 4quid
Ape Escape P for PSP complete 2quid

kerr9000

Post by kerr9000 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:56 pm

Jurassic Park Operation Genesis complete for ps2 2quid With the announcement of Jurassic World and how cool this game is why not.

a Japanese complete copy of Pac Pix fort ds for 2quid Its one of the first times I have got the option to buy a Japanese DS game ....strange buy but its kind of up my alley

Ploiper
NNID: ploiper
PSN ID: ploiper

Post by Ploiper » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:25 pm

cant beat a bit of pac pix, fun underrated game
EAT DIRT VILE SIG OF DOOM, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

kerr9000

Post by kerr9000 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:49 pm

Its so long since Ive played it I cant remember if it being a Japanese copy will cause me any issues or not though lol

Ploiper

Post by Ploiper » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:18 pm

shouldn't do, virtually no text in it

bigcalwv

Post by bigcalwv » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:12 pm

Just ordered:

Dragonball Z Infinite World
Dragonball Z Budokai
Dragonball Z Budokai 3
Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi
Super Dragonball Z
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2 - Bush Rescue
Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Chaos Bleeds
Haven: Call Of The King

All for the PS2. Honestly have no idea what Infinite World and Super DBZ are, aside from being DBZ games lol :P. Was only really just looking for the Budokai 1 and 3 games, and stumbled across the others. Realised I didn't own the first BT game (got 2 and 3 on Wii), so picked it up too. DRAGON BALL Z GAMES WOOO. Planning on finally buying a new game capture device with all my christmas money and one of the first things I wanna do is some big DBZ Games video project. Did the Xbox never get a DBZ game btw?

Ty 2 and Haven are both 3D platformer type games. Got Ty 1 already. Need the third one of the collection. Never heard of Haven but I googled it and it had mostly good reviews so it's there for my collection of 3D platformers lol. Got another Buffy game on Xbox already and enjoyed it, and I've played Chaos Bleeds on copy when I have my Wii softmodded, so decided to pick the game up since it was cheap. Wanted the Gamecube version but gooseberry fool, cost like triple the price.

Are there any other DBZ games for the PS2/Gamecube era that I'm missing now? I know of Sagas (played it on copy on the gamecube lol), but it wasn't released over here I don't think (?), so that isn't a possibility.

kerr9000

Post by kerr9000 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:35 pm

Some good games there.

Seems like ages since I grabbed anything retro. Guess its getting carried away with the new machine and buying Xmas pressies. Still its nice to see someone else buying stuff and keeping this thread alive.

I dont have any of the ps2 DBZ games if I remember correctly but had the ps1 games. The DBZ RPG on the snes is brilliant if you can get a translated rom or a cart thats been modded to be translated.

bigcalwv

Post by bigcalwv » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:47 pm

kerr9000 wrote:Some good games there.

Seems like ages since I grabbed anything retro. Guess its getting carried away with the new machine and buying Xmas pressies. Still its nice to see someone else buying stuff and keeping this thread alive.

I dont have any of the ps2 DBZ games if I remember correctly but had the ps1 games. The DBZ RPG on the snes is brilliant if you can get a translated rom or a cart thats been modded to be translated.
Yeah there are at least 2 PS1 games; Ultimate Battle 22 and GT Final Bout, which I had on copy back in the day and are terrible fighting games :P.

Already got the awesome RPG for the SNES; Dragon Ball Z Super Seiya Densetsu. Just the Japanese version but I have an English translated rom on my PC to play it. Again :P.

Ploiper

Post by Ploiper » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:59 pm

added Sonic Triple Trouble to my ever growing sonic collection, finally came across one for a decent price so snapped It up.

kerr9000

Post by kerr9000 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:06 pm

Today I got a copy of fifa 2005 for the cube...mostly because it was in A one condition for 50p proberbly turf it out and use the case for a good cube game I have in a not so nice case.

bigcalwv

Post by bigcalwv » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:28 pm

Dammit, totally forgot to add 5 of the cheapest gamecube games to my order yesterday! Oh well, next time. Not gonna waste £2.50 postage from CEX to order 5 crappy sports games just for the cases, I'll wait until I make another proper order :P.

kerr9000

Post by kerr9000 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:37 pm

I spent 2.50 on something that although not a game is a retro Nintendo item, still sealed unsued. It is a craft kit to make a toad picture using long stitch it is official Nintendo merchandise from 1993 still sealed in its packaging. I might take a photo of it if anyone is even slightly interested lol

At first I was going to get my Fiancée to do it for me but now I think I will just keep it as is

bigcalwv

Post by bigcalwv » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:11 pm

That actually sounds pretty cool... in a geeky sort of way :P.

Only retro gaming thing I own that isn't a console or game is a boxed official NES cart cleaning kit lol.

kerr9000

Post by kerr9000 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:57 pm

Herbie Rescue Rally complete on the DS 2quid Never heard of this but it looks ok

Tetris ds on the ds complete 2quid.. Amazed I never really got this in the first place

bigcalwv

Post by bigcalwv » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:24 pm

Bought WWF Warzone for the PS1 for £2 on ebay earlier. Not a good wrestling game, but needed for my collection lol :P.

And most of my DBZ games showed up this morning :D. Stuck Budokai 3 in straight away and am loving it.

bigcalwv

Post by bigcalwv » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:22 pm

Just bought Blinx 2 on ebay for £2. Had it on my big list of games I want to buy and had it down as being £2.50, so when I saw it I snatched it up.

Only reason I saw it because I just went into the video games section on ebay and selected "time ending soonest" and looked through about 50 pages to see if I could find any bargains :P.

Lor64
NNID: PhantomGanon

Post by Lor64 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:49 pm

Lor64 wrote:Mystical Ninja 2 Starring Goemon.
Just the cart.
Got gooseberry fool over on eBay with this, so I didn't get it. </3 The seller decided to tell me nearly two weeks after I bought it that he wasn't selling it anymore.
I've had a look at his feedback and I'm not the only person he's pulled that eton mess with... At least I got my money back, though.

---

My latest purchase was a boxed Konami LaserScope. Let's hope I don't get messed about again.

bigcalwv

Post by bigcalwv » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:14 pm

Bought Pokemon Fire Red for the GBA, cost me £2. Was also looking to bid on Ruby for the GBA and got outbid (even with my snipe) with a second left. Went for £1.50. Some bedfordshire clanger got a bargain and it wasn't me :( :P.

And had to order a replacement PS2 case (only 99p, free delivery), as the DBZ Budokai I got from CEX came in some... not quite PS2 case and looked like someone had buried it for a few years lol. Cover, manual and disc are all fine so not too bothered lol.