Super Affiliates

Welcome to Super ONM! Introduce yourself and read the rules.
OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Super Affiliates

Post by OrangeRakoon » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:56 pm

It turns out that Super ONM isn't the only website on the internet, and some of the other websites are actually quite great! In fact, some are so nice that we are proud to call them our friends. Our affiliates are other sites that share similar interests, like Nintendo and videogames in general, and we hope that you'll head on over and check them out.

If you're from another site yourself and would be interested in affiliation, you can send a private message to one of the moderators here, or send us an email at sonmforums at gmail, and we'll be in touch!

Established in June 2016, ScreenGurus is a media website based in the UK that focuses on delivering our opinion on all things media.

We originally began as a blog called ThreeCount.co.uk in September 2015 – focusing largely on television and film news. This expanded quickly however and in January 2016 we launched ScreenCritics.co.uk. ScreenCritics was a phenomenal success and in its four months of existence, drew an audience of over 120,000 viewers from over 20 different countries. The website was featured on numerous media outlets, such as IGN, Business Insider and the BBC. The decision was made in June 2016 to refocus the website for all audiences – removing the UK focus and granting the website a renewed sense of direction – this is where ScreenGurus was born.

ScreenGurus aims to grow into a media outlet that people respect. You may not agree with us, the opinions posted or the decisions we make; but the website is ours and we answer to no organisation. Our opinions aren’t bought nor are influenced by the need for financial gain.

We explore all aspects of the movie industry, video games, television and the wrestling industry.
-- Shaun, ScreenGurus Founder
Why we like ScreenGurus: ScreenGurus already has ties to SONM, being founded and run by ex-ONM moderator Shaun2k5. It's no surprise then that a lot of ScreenGurus content focuses on interests shared with the SONM community, most notably with videogames (including of course Nintendo) but also with a love for TV and wrestling - something you can find fans of in SONM's off topic subforums. With such a crossover in interests, personal ties and complimentary content (ScreenGurus has no dedicated forum, while SONM puts out no news and reviews of our own), a partnership between our sites seems like a perfect marriage. With intentions of not just being good friends but also working together and providing a platform for the SONM community to write reviews and opinion pieces, ScreenGurus looks set to become an important part of SONM's extended family!

GRcade is a community for "Games & Stuff". After starting as Future Gamer in 1998, we were eventually re-branded as Daily Radar and then as GamesRadar, and finally became independent from Future in 2008. I know that Super ONM is a site with a similar story behind it, and I think that makes us cousins in Future's dysfunctional family!

As one of GRcade's admins, and a member since 2002, I know there are three driving forces that keep the forum going: a passion for all things gaming, across all platforms and genres; a bizarre and frankly sad obsession with inappropriate puns; and a never-ending, literally decade-long and still frighteningly divisive disagreement about which Die Hard films are worth watching. If any of that sounds appealing I hope you'll give us a visit. I also know that GRcade houses some of the most fervent and dedicated Nintendo fans I have ever seen, and I'll definitely be telling them to check Super ONM out and say hello!
-- Karl, GRcade Admin
Why we like GRcade: GRcade shares a lot with Super ONM. Originally a Future-owned business, like ONM, the community then became independent when GamesRadar closed down - a very similar origin story to us here on Super ONM. Their proven success, having gone through this change several years ago, and the fact that they are still going strong today, is an inspiration for us. With both sites sharing similar interests, being based around videogames, GRcade is a perfect fit for affiliation, and we hope it to be of great mutual benefit for both of us. The GRcade forum itself has a large and active community, with plenty going on to interest gaming fans, so check it out!

GNamer too arose from the ashes of a dying magazine/site - in our case, Nintendo Gamer. In its last days, it was a website managed solely by Chris Scullion; before that, it was an unofficial magazine (dare I say "the unofficial magazine"?), known variously as NGamer, NGC, N64, and Super Play.

It was know for its quirky humour, interminable (yet funny) footnotes, odd scores (Doki Doki Majo Shinpan famously got "NO / 100"), and "words everywhere", among others. Our penultimate editor was one Matthew Castle - sound familiar?

As for the forum, it's very much a product of the magazine(s). If SONM is a thriving metropolis, GNamer is more of a quiet village. Fewer users, yet our posts (from what I've seen) contain more words on average. We're not above the odd reaction .gif post, mind. We've got a particular emphasis on humour (that's definitely "humour" with a "u"). And our language in places is probably a bit fruitier than yours.

We've got a selection of emoticons that include Pac-Man, Captain Falcon, and a guy beating a dead horse. We change our subtitle every day, based on user suggestions, usually to horrible puns. We have a regular three-monthly "Skypecast", and an irregular podcast, in which we talk nonsense.
-- Balladeer, GNamer Admin
Why we like GNamer: GNamer is another videogame forum that shares a similar origin story with Super ONM. Back in the days of UK Nintendo Magazines, NGamer was ONM's big rival, but now that both communities have struck out on their own following their respective magazine closures, that rivalry is a thing of the past and we are embracing our shared interests. As Nintendo and gaming fans alike, we're happy to be affiliated with GNamer and hope that they'll be around for a long time yet. They also put together a great podcast, so check it out!

Nintendo Ninja

Re: Super Affiliates

Post by Nintendo Ninja » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:03 pm

That creative corner though.

Fabong

Post by Fabong » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:16 pm

Nintendo Ninja wrote:That creative corner though.
It could have been us.
#ff Garf

D.J
PSN ID: SpacedDJ

Post by D.J » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:29 pm

That's a pretty big place to link up with, i'm impressed.
ImageImage

Edd
3DS Friend Code: 2380-3173-1972
PSN ID: Eddc15
Steam ID: Eddc15

Post by Edd » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:54 pm

That 'Affiliates' text is very hard to read for my poor eyes.

Die Hard 1, 2 and 3 defo, 4 is acceptable, I hardly remember 5 so I assume unacceptable.
Mr.EE ~ Edd is the best! Edd is super hot!
arceus469 ~ Edd is just a lonely little internet bully with no friends.

row101
NNID: row101
3DS Friend Code: Hello world.
PSN ID: Why are you reading?
Xbox Gamertag: Why am I typing?
Steam ID: Why are we alive?

Post by row101 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:09 pm

Good work.
OrangeRakoon wrote:a bizarre and frankly sad obsession with inappropriate puns
This is all you needed to say really, I approve and also I guess I'll check that site out too if only to judge their puns.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - George Washington

Pepsi Supreme
FKA Corin
Xbox Gamertag: Knight Corin
Steam ID: Corin

Post by Pepsi Supreme » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:38 pm

isn't this entirely pointless if nobody knows what sonm being "affiliates" with these sites actually means

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:22 pm

Corin wrote:isn't this entirely pointless if nobody knows what sonm being "affiliates" with these sites actually means
At the moment, we have link shares.

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:40 pm

Yeah, I mean that's what affiliations are, promoting each other and potentially going into joint enterprises in the future
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

komodo joe

Post by komodo joe » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:01 pm

Edd wrote:That 'Affiliates' text is very hard to read for my poor eyes.

Die Hard 1, 2 and 3 defo, 4 is acceptable, I hardly remember 5 so I assume unacceptable.
4 sucked, 5 is trash
pound shop bill sorenson. | LOOK CLOSER LENNY

Mockmaster

Post by Mockmaster » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:08 pm

Hi guys,

I am an ambassador from GRcade and would just like to say a hearty hello. Exciting times with this affiliation stuff. I'm sure we'll all be very happy together.

For the record the correct order is:

Die Hard 1 > Die Hard 3 > Die Hard 2 > Die Hard 4

There is no Die Hard 5.

Dig Dug

Post by Dig Dug » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:39 pm

Well this is a surprise. Never though I'd see Grcade on here.

Return_of_the_STAR

Post by Return_of_the_STAR » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:40 pm

Hi guys. My name is Return_of_the_STAR, often gets shortened to ROTS. Terrible I know. I started posting dailyradar and gamesradar back around 2001 when I was in uni and quickly became addicted to the place. Originally I was there to just talk gamecube but quickly I came to realise that a whole community existed. Since then my interest in gaming has waned as I grew older, got married and had a kid. However one thing I couldn't get away from was the off topic and entertainment sections. It's a great place to discuss any interests outside of gaming. There are a range of people there with active interests in wrestling, nfl, fitness, politics etc... If your interest isn't there, start a topic, I'm sure someone else there is dying to talk to you about.

Anyway, I'm not here to drag you all over to GRCade, if you want to take a look then great but I'm here to enjoy Super ONM and what it has

Cheeky Devlin
NNID: CheekyDevlin
PSN ID: Cheeky_Devlin
Steam ID: Cheeky Devlin

Post by Cheeky Devlin » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:41 pm

Mockmaster wrote:Hi guys,

I am an ambassador from GRcade and would just like to say a hearty hello. Exciting times with this affiliation stuff. I'm sure we'll all be very happy together.

For the record the correct order is:

Die Hard 1 > Die Hard 3 > Die Hard 2 > Die Hard 4

There is no Die Hard 5.
I have to agree with Mocky.
1>3>2>4

Oh and hello as well. I am also an Ambassador from GRcade. I look forward to poking about and seeing what makes you guys tick. Oh and generally just talking rubbish too.
Official GRcade Ambassador - In a good way though, not a Lethal Weapon 2 kind of a way.
Come visit us!

Cheeky Devlin

Post by Cheeky Devlin » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:42 pm

Dig Dug wrote:Well this is a surprise. Never though I'd see Grcade on here.
It's GRcade on tour.
Official GRcade Ambassador - In a good way though, not a Lethal Weapon 2 kind of a way.
Come visit us!

Dig Dug

Post by Dig Dug » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:49 pm

I've been on the internet too long, all my websites are starting to merge.

Cheeky Devlin

Post by Cheeky Devlin » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:51 pm

Dig Dug wrote:I've been on the internet too long, all my websites are starting to merge.
I assumed you'd just came along as part of the affiliates thing. Then I saw your post count.
Small world.
Come visit us!

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:02 am

Cheeky Devlin wrote:Oh and generally just talking rubbish too.
You'll fit right in with the rest of us then
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

Edd
3DS Friend Code: 2380-3173-1972
PSN ID: Eddc15
Steam ID: Eddc15

Post by Edd » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:04 am

Is this like when Ofsted came round the school and everyone has to act all well behaved for a few days to trick people into thinking this is a good place to come.
Mr.EE ~ Edd is the best! Edd is super hot!
arceus469 ~ Edd is just a lonely little internet bully with no friends.

Bee Doof
FKA Nintendoofus
NNID: Penguin5632
Xbox Gamertag: Bee Doof

Post by Bee Doof » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:11 am

We can't hide our shame here though Edd

Or can we

Karl

Post by Karl » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:37 am

I'd just like to apologise for our affiliation link being up a couple of hours later than yours - I'm afraid I was the only one able to put the link up, and I had an internet outage this evening! It's all up now.

I hope it didn't sully the launch of our affiliation for anyone. In any case, I've already noticed a lot of GRcadians checking SONM out, so I'm very pleased! It's really great to be involved in this scheme and I hope this will be start of a lasting friendship. :)

Rik
NNID: RikTheNinja
3DS Friend Code: 1032-1749-4002

Post by Rik » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:40 am

Edd wrote:Is this like when Ofsted came round the school and everyone has to act all well behaved for a few days to trick people into thinking this is a good place to come.
Quick, hide the sex thread
They must never know of the mini milk incident
Ghost wrote:and since when has "being dumb" been a sin on the internet?
Pokeforum Random Battle Tourney - come for the battles, stay for the salt

LewisD

Post by LewisD » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:33 am

Hi guys,

I'm also here from GRCade to create an intricate bond between our great forums.
I don't really play many games since becoming a father, so you'll find me in Offtopic mostly.

I also used to be a chef and I enjoy red headed women.
I look forward to finding threads on here that satisfy both of those hobbies.
Proud ambassador for GRCade.
.....Image

Mr. EE

Post by Mr. EE » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:52 am

Rik wrote:
Edd wrote:Is this like when Ofsted came round the school and everyone has to act all well behaved for a few days to trick people into thinking this is a good place to come.
Quick, hide the sex thread
They must never know of the mini milk incident
Oh they'll find it.

You can't hide the mini milks.
Edd ~ EE is a cool guy.

Robbie

Post by Robbie » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:55 am

I've never heard of the place until now, seems like a very active forum so wp mods. I see there off topic discussions are very different to ours all the more reason for them to be active here as well!