SONM Network!

Welcome to Super ONM! Introduce yourself and read the rules.
ChainedTeapot
3DS Friend Code: 1392-5478-8699
PSN ID: Gill_91

SONM Network!

Post by ChainedTeapot » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:54 pm

[/url]
Welcome to the SONM Network, our new Youtube channel!

SONM Network is the official Youtube channel for Super ONM, and will feature various gaming and other media related videos with help from you, our community! At the moment we are looking for members to contribute to the channel, whether that is with a let's play, review, vlog or any other kind of video you want to do.

Currently we lack a schedule as we need to get an idea of how many contributors there will be, the type of content they will be providing, and how often they can make videos. Once we know this we can try spreading content out so that each upload is hopefully of a different genre to the last, bringing both variety and consistency to the channel.

Unlike before with ONMDaily, if you remember our previous community channel, where anyone could access the channel and upload videos, we are making it so only members of the SONM Team can access the Youtube account. This will require users to upload their videos to a site such as Dropbox for us to then download then re-upload, and has been done in order to both protect the account from any potential vandalism and to help us maintain consistency in how the channel is managed. This should hopefully lead to a more reliable and better organised account!

There are a few rules/requirements for videos that are submitted:
  • The video must at least be 360p and be clear enough to watch and hear.
  • The video must be no more than 2GB, preferably less than 1GB.
  • The video must be one of the following formats:
    • .MOV
    • .MPEG4
    • .AVI
    • .WMV
    • .MPEGPS
    • .FLV
    • 3GPP
    • WebM
  • If possible please make a custom thumbnail for your video (1280x720) alternately if you cant we can create one for you.
  • Please download the SONM Network Opening clip and place it at the start of your video.
  • When your video is ready please upload it to a site such as Dropbox and send a PM to a SONM Team Member or alternatively Message our Youtube Account.
  • When submitting a video please also give a video title and video description.
  • When making videos please comply with the SONM rules.
  • When a schedule is made please send us your videos before the deadline.
If you are interested in making videos for the SONM Network please fill in the form below.

Code: Select all

[b]Username:[/b] 
[b]Video Genre:[/b] Let's Plays, reviews, vlogs etc.
[b]Video Schedule:[/b] Daily, twice a week, weekly, every 2 weeks, when you can etc.
[b]Youtube Channel:[/b] (optional)
[b]Description of videos:[/b]

ChainedTeapot

Re: SONM Network!

Post by ChainedTeapot » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:58 pm

Current Series & Contributors:
  • SONM Island (Tomodachi Life), by ChainedTeapot - Thread - Playlist
  • Building Met-tropolis, by Edd - Thread - Playlist
  • Let's Play New Super Mario Bros. U, by Nintendonator3000 - Playlist
  • SONM Pokeforum Tournament #01 Battles by Dix - Playlist - Thread
  • Pokémon Red - SONM Nuzlocke by samus_killer - Playlist
  • KatCade by Mr.Kattykat - Playlist
  • Sonic Generations Custom Songs by DarkRula

Edd
3DS Friend Code: 2380-3173-1972
PSN ID: Eddc15
Steam ID: Eddc15

Post by Edd » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:04 pm

Kwl, maybe I'll do some Sims video in Met-tropolis and force everyone to watch it.
Mr.EE ~ Edd is the best! Edd is super hot!
arceus469 ~ Edd is just a lonely little internet bully with no friends.

euan707
NNID: Cameron
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2551-9050

Post by euan707 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:18 pm

Username: euan707
Video Genre: It could really be any genre
Video Schedule: It would be when I have enough spare time, but that would end up being maybe once a month, maybe less or more...
Youtube Channel: Well, it exists but it isn't really relevant so...
Description of videos: As some of you might have seen, for the Christmas countdown I did a Christmas medley thing on my inconviently large wonderful cello. I'd be up for playing some video game music, perhaps taking requests from the forum. If anyone would be interested, I'd be happy to take part...
Last Man Standing
What Did We Play? - WiiU

Cribs
Steam ID: Cribster18

Post by Cribs » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:41 pm

Oh, you said chained teapot, I cannot understand you

Tentacle

Post by Tentacle » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:46 pm

Audio is really low in the video Teapot, gotta increase the gain for future episodes. Cool start to the channel however.

D.J
PSN ID: SpacedDJ

Post by D.J » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:37 am

Just subscribed, and am looking forward to seeing what else you folks come up with.
ImageImage

Robbie

Post by Robbie » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:52 am

I've also subbed, and yeah the mic was quite bad I could barely here you, something to work on C_T.

Edd

Post by Edd » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:00 pm

I can hear it fine at MAX volume.

ChainedTeapot

Post by ChainedTeapot » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:06 pm

@ euan707 That sounds pretty good. Nice to get varied content on the channel and just submit videos when you can.
Cribs wrote:Oh, you said chained teapot, I cannot understand you
Maybe I don't want you to understand me!
Tentacle wrote:Audio is really low in the video Teapot, gotta increase the gain for future episodes. Cool start to the channel however.
I used a headset when listening back to the video and when editing and it sounded fine with that. Though now watching without the headset I see what you mean, it is incredibly quiet. Will make sure to fix that for the next part!

Casplen
NNID: Casplen
PSN ID: Casplenn
Steam ID: Casplen

Post by Casplen » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:34 pm

Sorry but I think we should probably get someone to remake the opening and closing tags or do away with them altogether, because they really don't look all that nice. I might attempt it myself some time, but I have pretty low levels of experience with animation and time is a thing so hey ho.

Also I'd be interested in contributing some time, possibly with LFF if I threaten him with enough violence. I'll fill out a thing eventually.

Scapegoat
PSN ID: UploadedNetwork

Post by Scapegoat » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:46 pm

I'll probably contribute some poorly constructed lists in the future, it's something I've been wanting to do on my own channel for a while now.

Ordering things is hard, especially when you know that people are gonna get bread and buttered no matter what you choose for number 1.

Dix
PSN ID: zXEpic-ToxicXz

Post by Dix » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:47 pm

Code: Select all

[b]Username:[/b] dixonrobert
[b]Video Genre:[/b] Mainly Pokémon, but if I'm honest probably just anything I feel like doing.
[b]Video Schedule:[/b] Whenever I have time to record I usually do, so yeah. Maybe weekly?
[b]Youtube Channel:[/b] [url=https://www.youtube.com/user/potofmould]Mouldy[/url]
[b]Description of videos:[/b] Pokémon Showdown and le epic memes.
Last edited by Dix on Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Youtube
Twitter
#dixformemberoftheyear

Robbie

Post by Robbie » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:51 pm

Casplen wrote:Sorry but I think we should probably get someone to remake the opening and closing tags or do away with them altogether, because they really don't look all that nice. I might attempt it myself some time, but I have pretty low levels of experience with animation and time is a thing so hey ho.

Also I'd be interested in contributing some time, possibly with LFF if I threaten him with enough violence. I'll fill out a thing eventually.
Eh, I thought the opening and ending are decent, I like the animation and the music.

LFF

Post by LFF » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:05 pm

Have to agree with Casp that the tags are a good idea but aren't as good as they could be; The intro particularly has some rough borders on the logo.

No disrespect to the creator of course, personally I think it's very nearly there but a little more polish could make it even better!
I used to be part of the community, now I just watch it...

ChainedTeapot

Post by ChainedTeapot » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:22 pm

Re-uploaded the Tomodachi Life video. Sound should be better.

@Casplen If anyone wants to make and submit new sequences then that's awesome, I'm sure many people would be better than me at it. If the general view of the current ones are that they are super bad we can remove them from the videos. If there's any suggestions to the current ones feel free to suggest them or if it's just overall you dont like them fair enough.

@Dix, sounds good especially if you get get battles with other sonmers.

Good see other people interested in possibly making videos for the channel.

Nintendonator3000

Post by Nintendonator3000 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:38 pm

Username: Nintendonator 3000
Video Genre: Walkthroughs, One-off-gameplays and comedic shorts (I am also quite good at making lyrics for parody songs but can't sing to save my life so a team up would be great for that)
Video Schedule: Perhaps once every other week, slightly flexible
Youtube Channel: Nintendonator 3000
Description of videos: I'm part way through walkthrough series of Skyward Sword, Super Metroid Blind and Mario 2 Blind though I stopped due to lack of motivation - but what better reason to get back into it than this! I'd be willing to restart any of these, or start a fresh. Also can do short comedy sketches.
Last edited by Nintendonator3000 on Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ever since joining the original ONM I've been a huge Nintendo fan (specifically Zelda) and am looking forward to some great discussions. I was previously known as Lego Master

Edd

Post by Edd » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:42 pm

Username: Edd
Video Genre: Let's Play/Build I guess
Video Schedule: Whenever I'm not lazy
Youtube Channel: Eddc15
Description of videos: Will probably do stuff in Sims 3 in Met-tropolis. Doubt it'll be the update type of stuff, more the Create-a-Sim and building the houses stuff so everyone can truly see the painstaking work and effort I put myself through.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:28 pm

Username: Ghost
Video Genre: animation
Video Schedule: when I get the time
Youtube Channel: SONMGhost
Description of videos:
animation
Last edited by Ghost on Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

jimbob555

Post by jimbob555 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:38 pm

Username: jimbob555
Video Genre: I say if you should watch an anime in 60 - 120 seconds. ill decide based on the first episode.
Video Schedule: once a fortnight probably depends on how its received
Youtube Channel: no
Description of videos: i want to make a short: yes, maybe or no series to watching an anime. theres too many that go on for half the episode length if not longer and i want to make one thats too the point and not eton mess. the good and the bad and so on. it might be recent anime or anime films

risks: worried it might be a bit like zero punctuation though rather than something fun and informative

Kriken
FKA liberal

Post by Kriken » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:53 am

Username: liberal
Video Genre: Let's Plays, reviews, story readings, other stuff
Video Schedule: Most days
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixVonKarma
Description of videos: Let's Plays, reviews, story readings, other stuff

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:20 pm

GhostOfWintrfellSnow wrote:EDIT: I wonder if Jenova will be making a YouTube vid for this. Video Schedule: when he stops being a lazy dick.
Ehh. Actually I have done work towards that recently adding to artwork and playing around with recording eton mess but life's busy and I'm an apathetic eton mess. I may churn out a couple of things for this in the future but for now other focuses.
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:37 pm

Jimbob, as well as reviews could you consider maybe talking about upcoming anime? There's meant to be many great series coming out but have no idea which ones are meant to be crap or not.

Well, if you do make YouTube vids sometime Jenova, I'll be sure to give them a watch.

Very excited to see what everyone produces tbh.

lemmi

Post by lemmi » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:35 pm

can i be in tomodachi please i'm a big personality

ILoveSONM

Post by ILoveSONM » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:20 pm

Ok, me and a friend will make you a podcast that will trash any other vids on youtube, it'll have amazing guests, and laytonmario3 on it.

SONMPodcasts
Podcact/Comedy/
Weekly
In this instalment of SONMPodcasts_______will join us on some funny 'ol banter about __________