SONM Network!

Welcome to Super ONM! Introduce yourself and read the rules.
Spilskinanka
Steam ID: Spilskinanka

Re: SONM Network!

Post by Spilskinanka » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:00 pm

I'm planning to do a Hearthstone video soon, it may be a one off, it may not be depending on how good it is, and it will contain much salt
WeAreHarbinger: who cates aobut jnvidoe ngmajesj

ChainedTeapot
3DS Friend Code: 1392-5478-8699
PSN ID: Gill_91

Post by ChainedTeapot » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:09 pm

The world needs defending from aliens and the world needs it's best and brightest. Sadly they weren't available so we're stuck with sonmers instead. Tentacles XCOM: Enemy Within video is now up on the channel!

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:59 pm

Brilliant first entry, Tentacle proves again his youtubing skills. Love the character intros especially. Also the alternate SONM opening was very nice, and short too!

Those aliens sure got murdered huh

Ape
NNID: GenericAperson
3DS Friend Code: 133281054437
PSN ID: GSAperson

Post by Ape » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:25 am

Best video I've seen on the channel so far. Loved the designs for everyone's soldiers, especially Bes and Doof.

Dix
PSN ID: zXEpic-ToxicXz

Post by Dix » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:56 pm

Agreed, well thought out, and the commentary style was engaging.
Youtube
Twitter
#dixformemberoftheyear

Tentacle

Post by Tentacle » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:18 pm

I am amazing, I know.

Edd
3DS Friend Code: 2380-3173-1972
PSN ID: Eddc15
Steam ID: Eddc15

Post by Edd » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:25 pm

I hope Met dies so I can have Germany to myself.
Mr.EE ~ Edd is the best! Edd is super hot!
arceus469 ~ Edd is just a lonely little internet bully with no friends.

Casplen
NNID: Casplen
PSN ID: Casplenn
Steam ID: Casplen

Post by Casplen » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:23 pm

I'll watch the video later, but I will just say that the intro there is much more professional- awesome work. It'll be on all the videos from now, right? If so, I think a new banner for the channel should probably be made to match things.

LFF

Post by LFF » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:30 pm

Have to say that the autism joke early on wasn't cool.
I used to be part of the community, now I just watch it...

Tentacle

Post by Tentacle » Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:14 pm

LFF wrote:Have to say that the autism joke early on wasn't cool.
Well you'll not appreciate the humour of future episodes, that much I can say.

LFF

Post by LFF » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:33 pm

Uh oh.

ChainedTeapot
3DS Friend Code: 1392-5478-8699
PSN ID: Gill_91

Post by ChainedTeapot » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:24 pm

We have a new SONM Network opening clip, which first appeared in Tentacles XCOM video & credit goes to him for making it. So for future videos please use this clip as the intro to videos. If by chance you've made a video with the old clip don't worry about it.

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:13 pm

Tentacle wrote:
LFF wrote:Have to say that the autism joke early on wasn't cool.
Well you'll not appreciate the humour of future episodes, that much I can say.
Wow, way to not cater to someone else's wants and do what you want, you monster
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

Tentacle

Post by Tentacle » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:17 pm

JenovaPX wrote:Wow, way to not cater to someone else's wants and do what you want, you monster
I know right? I am evil

LFF

Post by LFF » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:32 pm

Of course, saying I didn't like/wasn't entirely comfortable with something you said means I was demanding you to change your ways and repent for your sins.

Casplen
NNID: Casplen
PSN ID: Casplenn
Steam ID: Casplen

Post by Casplen » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:06 pm

JenovaPX wrote:Wow, way to not cater to someone else's wants and do what you want, you monster
When the want in question is "being potentially offensive to, or making light of people with autism", I don't think you can play that card. The eton mess is laughable. I don't care what he puts on his personal channel, but this is a community account where everyone represents SONM. In which case I believe we have to question whether this is actually okay, and I would argue otherwise.

Pepsi Supreme
FKA Corin
Xbox Gamertag: Knight Corin
Steam ID: Corin

Post by Pepsi Supreme » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:53 pm

clearly you don't know chris well enough

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:37 pm

Casplen wrote:
When the want in question is "being potentially offensive to, or making light of people with autism", I don't think you can play that card. The eton mess is laughable. I don't care what he puts on his personal channel, but this is a community account where everyone represents SONM. In which case I believe we have to question whether this is actually okay, and I would argue otherwise.
Well yes, but it's been ok'd and there's very little to it beyond SONM having a seemingly heightened state of it's right to be offended and reject hearing things it deems offensive or doesn't want to deal with. And that's fine, the mods and individuals have a right to want that and pursue it, although when you delve into content being created it gets murky, the channel does represent SONM but more than that it represents the individuals and is an extension of them more than it is SONM still. There's a right from the mods to veto a video, request changes and what have you and flat out deny things being posted but likewise if someone's saying something offensive to you have a right not to watch their video and get offended by their content, just like a content creator has the right to submit whatever content they want and for some members of the community to want that sort of content. Yes, making a joke about autism is offensive to some, but it's there and it's been heard, people have taken offense or they haven't, people can complain til it's taken down or they can deal with it and just be offended.
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

Spilskinanka
Steam ID: Spilskinanka

Post by Spilskinanka » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:18 pm

I would argue free speech as well; just because somebody's offended by some content it doesn't mean it should be taken down from view.

You have a right to be offended, but I don't think a mentality of "it must be taken down because I was offended" is right in any situation. If you don't like the humour, then don't watch it.

As far as the argument about whether it adheres to SONM rules or not goes, I feel that the current attitude of SONM in general has clung too close to the old ways of the highly official and regulated ONM. I think it's time to move on somewhat, but maybe that's just me. Let's be clear, I'm not condoning abusive behavior of any sort, but perhaps it's time for the leaders of the community to relax a little and break away from the chains of ONM.
WeAreHarbinger: who cates aobut jnvidoe ngmajesj

Pepsi Supreme
FKA Corin

Post by Pepsi Supreme » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:24 pm

we should ban terry

3try

Post by 3try » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:30 pm

We should ban you first

LFF

Post by LFF » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:35 pm

First off, I want to start off with the disclaimer that I am not easily offended and frequently swear and insult people like an chelsea bun.
JenovaPX wrote:The channel does represent SONM but more than that it represents the individuals and is an extension of them more than it is SONM still.
Yeah no, the channel does represent the individuals making the videos but it's the name of the website above the door so there's a responsibility on their part to maintain a conduct that suits the site and its inclusive nature as a whole - not making casual jokes about autism for example.
JenovaPX wrote:There's a right from the mods to veto a video, request changes and what have you and flat out deny things being posted but likewise if someone's saying something offensive to you have a right not to watch their video and get offended by their content, just like a content creator has the right to submit whatever content they want and for some members of the community to want that sort of content. Yes, making a joke about autism is offensive to some, but it's there and it's been heard, people have taken offense or they haven't, people can complain til it's taken down or they can deal with it and just be offended.
This is utter eton mess. By the "don't watch it if you don't like it" logic one could potentially justify racist, homophobic or sexist jokes and I hope you don't need me to tell you that those aren't okay. Furthermore, the SONM network is a community project that aims to include anyone who wishes to watch the content; Making these sort of comments on what is a community channel can alienate and offend people that may wish to take part in proceedings, in one way or another. The idea that it's okay to evoke these emotions is gooseberry fool stupid, yes the offended party is responsible for the degree of offense caused but that in no way makes it okay for people to say things that are discriminatory.

I highly doubt that the comment was made with any malice but that doesn't change the fact that I (and others) do not find that sort of behavior acceptable.

Pepsi Supreme
FKA Corin

Post by Pepsi Supreme » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:44 pm

before you continue your tantrum, why not actually ask the person the comment was targeted at whether they found it malicious or unacceptable?

gooseberry fool fun tip: they don't care

Edd
3DS Friend Code: 2380-3173-1972
PSN ID: Eddc15
Steam ID: Eddc15

Post by Edd » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:47 pm

Corin wrote:before you continue your tantrum, why not actually ask the person the comment was targeted at whether they found it malicious or unacceptable?

gooseberry fool fun tip: they don't care
This post is dum.
Mr.EE ~ Edd is the best! Edd is super hot!
arceus469 ~ Edd is just a lonely little internet bully with no friends.

Tentacle

Post by Tentacle » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:55 pm

LFF wrote:By the "don't watch it if you don't like it" logic one could potentially justify racist, homophobic or sexist jokes and I hope you don't need me to tell you that those aren't okay. Furthermore, the SONM network is a community project that aims to include anyone who wishes to watch the content; Making these sort of comments on what is a community channel can alienate and offend people that may wish to take part in proceedings, in one way or another.
Weren't you part of the same mod team and community that actively allowed the Captain to broadcast ONM:FM numerous times AFTER his previous actions that got him banned from doing so for the very things you described? Oh yes, you was!