Welcome to Super ONM! Forums are Live!

Welcome to Super ONM! Introduce yourself and read the rules.
Stitch Lips

Re: Welcome to Super ONM!

Post by Stitch Lips » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:29 pm

Met wrote:Yeah, Michael Jones from Rooster Teeth.
Why not Gavin

Page topic: Gavin

♥ sweet galloping honey-baked <deleted> ♥ add me ladles ♥ DAZZLER RULES ♥

TamzehVB
NNID: RedGuard587
3DS Friend Code: 068855986231

Post by TamzehVB » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:30 pm

Stitch Lips wrote:
Met wrote:Yeah, Michael Jones from Rooster Teeth.
Why not Gavin

Page topic: Gavin
He's been too busy making Youtube adverts with Dan.
Still looking to get into Pathfinder RPG
Sig by LightSamus
Inane Ramblings

Stitch Lips

Post by Stitch Lips » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:32 pm

Why not Geoff

♥ sweet galloping honey-baked <deleted> ♥ add me ladles ♥ DAZZLER RULES ♥

Met
NNID: Metballs
3DS Friend Code: 031879326955
PSN ID: MetONM
Xbox Gamertag: Metballs
Steam ID: metonm

Post by Met » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:32 pm

Mini topic: How much of Gavin's sheer idiocy is an act and how much of it truly is him being the dumbest person alive?

Also Geoff is cool but he isn't Gus.
<Kaee> I think Met would give better sex than Hoyle
cruizer wrote:I didn't start writing this with the intention of speaking about veganism; but the link between animal explotiation and oppressed human groups is so obvious

Troggy
NNID: Ultramegatrogdor
3DS Friend Code: 0989-1858-5244

Post by Troggy » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:36 pm

I think we can all agree that Gavin is an alright name for a stegosaurus.
SONM Robot Wars
"are you actually braindead or do you just really enjoy batman's penis in your mouth" - Decretum

ChaosControl
NNID: jammydodger1985
3DS Friend Code: 270729914659
PSN ID: jammydodger1985
Steam ID: jammydodger1985

Post by ChaosControl » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:36 pm

Another anime that's been on my To Watch list for a while now is Deathnote. I have the manga but haven't read it yet because I want to watch the anime....but haven't watched the anime because I have the manga.

Which should I start with? I'm not skilled enough to do both at the same time.
I am functioning within the established parameters.

Troggy
NNID: Ultramegatrogdor
3DS Friend Code: 0989-1858-5244

Post by Troggy » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:38 pm

Use a dice roll or a coin flip to decide for you. Might be an alright way for you to do things.
SONM Robot Wars
"are you actually braindead or do you just really enjoy batman's penis in your mouth" - Decretum

Sabrofra
NNID: GameBoySam
3DS Friend Code: 2406-5595-5668
Steam ID: Sabrofra

Post by Sabrofra » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:39 pm

ChainedTeapot wrote: I really dislike the anime, despite that I still watch it...
I've really enjoyed the majority of arcs in One Piece. I was a little disappointed by Skypeia but everything else has been pretty good (excluding filler arcs for obvious reasons). I have only seen around 400 episodes so I can't judge what it's like later on.

Edd
3DS Friend Code: 2380-3173-1972
PSN ID: Eddc15
Steam ID: Eddc15

Post by Edd » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:40 pm

Ray is the best Achievement Hunter but Burnie and Gus are the best Rooster Teethers the end?
Mr.EE ~ Edd is the best! Edd is super hot!
arceus469 ~ Edd is just a lonely little internet bully with no friends.

ChaosControl

Post by ChaosControl » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:42 pm

Troggy wrote:Use a dice roll or a coin flip to decide for you. Might be an alright way for you to do things.
That's pretty much how I decide most things. I was just wondering if there was a general preference.

Met

Post by Met » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:43 pm

Edd wrote:Ray is the best Achievement Hunter but Burnie and Gus are the best Rooster Teethers the end?
Ryan is pretty sick, though.
cruizer wrote:I didn't start writing this with the intention of speaking about veganism; but the link between animal explotiation and oppressed human groups is so obvious

Sabrofra

Post by Sabrofra » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:46 pm

ChaosControl wrote:
That's pretty much how I decide most things. I was just wondering if there was a general preference.
I prefer to watch it first and then read the manga afterwards. That's what I've done with Death Note and One Piece.

ChainedTeapot
3DS Friend Code: 1392-5478-8699
PSN ID: Gill_91

Post by ChainedTeapot » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:46 pm

Sabrofra wrote:
ChainedTeapot wrote: I really dislike the anime, despite that I still watch it...
I've really enjoyed the majority of arcs in One Piece. I was a little disappointed by Skypeia but everything else has been pretty good (excluding filler arcs for obvious reasons). I have only seen around 400 episodes so I can't judge what it's like later on.
I've read and loved all of it really, it's just the anime I have issue with. I only watched from the timeskip onward of the anime and certain parts of scenes I wanted to see in earlier episodes. Just from what I've seen it looks so cheap and badly paced though the pacing is due to not wanting to catch up with the manga but it's still an issue.

@CC they are pretty similar so no real difference really. Though maybe watch it for stuff like the Potato chip scene.

SanTheSly
NNID: SanTheSly
3DS Friend Code: 0430-8264-1513
PSN ID: SanTheSly
Steam ID: SanTheSly

Post by SanTheSly » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:47 pm

X-Ray // Vav OTP 4eva
Remember Reach / THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE / Turn Down For What?

Met

Post by Met » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:49 pm

As for the manga/anime thing when it comes down to watching something I'm reading (which has only happened with JoJo so far) I tried to finish Stardust Crusaders before watching that part as it was starting about the time I picked it up.

Otherwise I can't imagine having a preference.
SanTheSly wrote:X-Ray // Vav OTP 4eva
Get hype for the new X-Ray and Vav show coming next month. It sure does look....very stupid.

SanTheSly

Post by SanTheSly » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:53 pm

Do people actually watch and enjoy RWBY?

Not to belittle the creative process of the show, but I've tried watching it and it just comes across as god awful to me.

Never mind, it dawned on me that people like things because people have different tastes.

Kyranitar
3DS Friend Code: 4511-0941-0188
Xbox Gamertag: ShadowKyra
Steam ID: ShadowKyra

Post by Kyranitar » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:55 pm

Ryan is by far my favourite member of AH as his little quips here and there and his sense of humour never fail to make me laugh. Joel is my favourite person from Rooster Teeth just because of his sheer craziness in some videos and I love most of the How To videos that he and Adam make.

And hype for X-ray and Vav, I think it will actually be pretty good.

ChaosControl

Post by ChaosControl » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:56 pm

Cool. I'll watch it first then.

I don't think I have a preference when it comes to anime vs manga. I read the manga for Chobits first and love them both. I've read the manga for Fruits Basket and love it, but haven't watched the anime yet. But it's only the first 8 volumes I've heard and the manga gets really good after volume 8.

I also read the manga for Azumanga Diaoh. The manga made me laugh more than the anime did. But that's probably due to both having pretty much the exact same stories and jokes.

Final question.....dub or sub? *hides behind a rock*

SanTheSly

Post by SanTheSly » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:57 pm

Despite watching a stupid amount of hours of their Minecraft and GTA episodes, is it bad that I still can't differentiate when Jack and Ryan are speaking?

Sabrofra

Post by Sabrofra » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:58 pm

ChainedTeapot wrote: @CC they are pretty similar so no real difference really. Though maybe watch it for stuff like the Potato chip scene.

I just find it amusing because of how dramatic they've made the scene out to be.

ChaosControl

Post by ChaosControl » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:59 pm

That's how I'm going to eat stuff from now on.

Kyranitar
3DS Friend Code: 4511-0941-0188
Xbox Gamertag: ShadowKyra
Steam ID: ShadowKyra

Post by Kyranitar » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:02 pm

SanTheSly wrote:Despite watching a stupid amount of hours of their Minecraft and GTA episodes, is it bad that I still can't differentiate when Jack and Ryan are speaking?
Hahaha it took me a while to differentiate them but now it's fine. Did you see Hunt episode 14 where Ryan is taking the mick out of everyone who can't tell the difference? It made me laugh so much and I would recommend watching it.
Also apparently people thought that Ryan sang the X-Ray and Vav theme which also made me laugh.

ChainedTeapot
3DS Friend Code: 1392-5478-8699
PSN ID: Gill_91

Post by ChainedTeapot » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:05 pm

Anime/Manga depends on the series. Some there's almost no difference. Others only cover part of the manga and either just end or make their own ending. Then ones for stuff like OP, Naruto, Bleach etc. suffer from pacing and filler because they catch up too quickly to the ongoing manga.

Personally I wouldnt bother watching the Fruits Basket anime if you read the manga. It covers very little of the manga before it ends with it's own ending. While the manga has way more going for it.

Dix
PSN ID: zXEpic-ToxicXz

Post by Dix » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:08 pm

Xenoblade Hero wrote:So to get the Pokemon section of this new forum active, I've thought about creating an SONM NPA competition. If I get enough interest I'll start drafting documentation for it. I would require at least 16 sign ups; four will become managers who, at the start of the season, will purchase other non-managers to form a team of Pokemon players. Each team will face each other via a Round Robin tournament structure. If this sounds interesting to you, read up on the rules and give me some feedback, either via PM if you're unsure about anything or in this very thread
Tournament Structure:

Each week, teams will go head to head to win the best of a set number of games. A win is worth three points, and a tie is worth one point.
The matches will consist of a different ruleset each week (which will be decided by me, the host).
There are 4-6 weeks in the season depending on sign ups, a week is allocated for each matchup to be completed. There will also be a final with the two top teams battling it out for glory.
Each team will consist of the 1 Manager and a number of battlers depending on sign ups. Each week, each manager must submit a roster of what players they are using for the week to myself. Managers can still participate in games, but are not forced to. Players cannot battle for more than two weeks in a row and will be forced to have a week break.
For managers, if a player is inactive mid-week, post saying you're subbing that player out to put in another player. Once a player is subbed in that week, they must either play or the match will be decided on activity.
All games will be played on Pokemon Showdown.

Trades:

If a manager wishes, they may trade for players from other teams for players of their own. They will first start out by proposing the trade to the team manager they want to deal with. If both managers agree to the trade, PM the trade info to me. Once you get the approval, the trade is final. If a trade is done mid-week, the player swap is done immediately even if the player still has a match yet to finish that week. The player can be subbed out for the team substitute or subbed in for the new player. Only one trade can be done each week
This looks like it could be really great fun, I might shout it out in a video on my channel and try and get a few of my friends in on the new forums, the Pokéforum could do with a bit of a competitive scene push.
Youtube
Twitter
#dixformemberoftheyear

Met

Post by Met » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:12 pm

Kyranitar wrote:
SanTheSly wrote:Despite watching a stupid amount of hours of their Minecraft and GTA episodes, is it bad that I still can't differentiate when Jack and Ryan are speaking?
Hahaha it took me a while to differentiate them but now it's fine. Did you see Hunt episode 14 where Ryan is taking the mick out of everyone who can't tell the difference? It made me laugh so much and I would recommend watching it.
Also apparently people thought that Ryan sang the X-Ray and Vav theme which also made me laugh.
Team Same-Voice is the best partnership just for the lack of sense they make.