Create-A-Smash Character

For follow-on forum games. Posts made in this sub-forum will not contribute towards your overall post count.
Garf
NNID: Garfsona
PSN ID: GarfGuy
Steam ID: garfield069

Create-A-Smash Character

Post by Garf » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:20 pm

Now with Super Smash Bros out, we can think about what characters we'd have liked to have seen in, even if they wouldn't be practical.

For instance, a character I would've liked to have seen would be Flynn from Shin Megami Tensei 4, who would act as a bit of a summon character, changing what demons he has to fight with and fighting in tandem with them.

Basic attacks: Slashing the enemy with a sword for the regular attacks, but pressing a with no directions will cause him to fire his pistol at the enemy

Specials:
Neutral B- Demon Change- Change the currently equipped demon, which cycles through Jack Frost, Cu Chulainn, Pyro Jack, Alice and Minotaur
Side B- Demon Attack- The currently equipped demon will run in front of Flynn and use their attack. Holding the button makes them move further before attacking. If they get hit, they'll fall down and cannot be used again for a while. After the attack, they'll be desummoned from battle, but can be used again instantly. Jack Frost will cast a Bufula right in front of him, with Icicles causing the freeze effect and knocking the enemies into the air vertically. Cu Chulainn uses Grand Tack and jabs its spear in front of him, giving horizontal knockback to a target. Pyro Jack uses Agilao, a slow moving fireball that travels horizontally and explodes on contact with anything. Alice uses Die for Me! and drops blades from a height in front of her, which causes high damage with low knockback. Minotaur doesn't attack at the end of the run animation, instead using Oni Kagura as soon as he comes out and charges as long as the B button is held down. His attack slows down after a while, making it easy to hit him or dodge. All demons are treated as projectiles and can be reflected back to Flynn. While a demon is running, Flynn is able to move as well
Down B- Smirk- Acts like a counter, but with no counter-hit involved. Instead, after succesfully dodging the attack, Flynn will gain boosted attributes for some time
Up B- Angel Lift- The Angel picks up Flynn, carrying him in the direction input. This deals no damage. Whilst in the air, demons can be controlled

Final Smash: Press Turn
A quick slash from Flynn's sword will attack the enemies upon activation. If this hits, you can press A to get Flynn to land a finishing blow and end the combo, or press B to get one of your demons to attack the enemy. The Demons attack in order of the cycle they go in and knock the enemy in different directions. The window to do this gets smaller the more hits from the demons are landed. If the combo is successfully finished by Flynn, he will automatically have the Smirk effect on him, but should he drop the combo, he wont have the effect.

inb4 Ridley
Last edited by Garf on Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ABoxerWhoIsPacifist
PSN ID: Riainjmp
Steam ID: B-Bomb

Re: Create-A-Smash Character

Post by ABoxerWhoIsPacifist » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:38 pm

I wanted Joey Barton

Kriken
FKA liberal

Post by Kriken » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:30 am

Ichigo Kurosaki.

I'm not actually a big Bleach fan, but I do like a lot of the character designs and the powers and would like to see this character in Smash but alas, it's not going to happen.

Special attacks

Neutral b - Getsuga Tenshou. Fires an arc of blue energy forward - more power/range when charged. Can be kept charged for later use, a la Samus's charge beam. A fully charged attack deals a lot of damage and knockback.

Side b - Getsuga Jūjishō. Fires a cross-shape energy attack that deals a good amount of damage and stuns, like Ness's PK fire.

Up b - Shunpo. A basic teleport like Zeldas, but it can be followed up by any attack within the first frame of reappearing.

Down b - Hollow Mask. Ichigo dons a hollow mask, making his attacks stronger for a few moments. Needs to recharge before it can be used again. Energy attacks change from a blue to black colour.

Final Smash: Bankai - Tensa Zangetsu. Gets a lot stronger, impervious to knockback, etc. What you'd expect. Dons the bankai clothing and equips the bankai blade.

Bix
NNID: Wiitabix
3DS Friend Code: 5429-6832-2984
PSN ID: Deadspace-Maniac
Steam ID: Deadspacemaniac

Post by Bix » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:15 pm

A Monster Hunter - Gunlancer

Neutral b - Thrust: Jab the charged lance into the person. The lancer is using the Brachydios lance so a small amount of slime is deposited onto the attacker with every successful thrust.

Side b - Fire: Shoot a blast from the lance , closer the target, the better the damage. If the person has any slime on them, this ignites and explodes as well.

Up b - Upward thrust & shot: Step back and thrust the lance upward whilst firing a shot. Effective for ariel aggressors with a similar effectiveness to Pikachu's Thunder strike move. Tricky move to get right.

Down b - Crouching, shielded, lance smash: The hunter will swing the lance down and finish in a crouched position with shield up. Takes time to initiate but deadly if used at the right moment.

Final Smash: Spinning Lancer: The hunter faces the screen holds the lance skyward and then spins whilst lowering the lance, sending slime tipped bullets off in all directions the bullets will explode as bombs on impact with any attackers.
Wishing my SONM friends a very happy & successful Q3 in gaming
TIME !

ChaosControl
NNID: jammydodger1985
3DS Friend Code: 270729914659
PSN ID: jammydodger1985
Steam ID: jammydodger1985

Post by ChaosControl » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:23 pm

liberal wrote:Ichigo Kurosaki.

I'm not actually a big Bleach fan
*Looks at your sig, then thinks back to the various chats with you and theringlord* Hmm?

I would have liked to see Rayman. (Now that I've come across Globox's trophy)

Neutral B: Rapid punches (Held down you can charge up the punch like in the actual game)

Up B: An uppercut followed by his helicopter move for a slow descent.

Side B: Heavy kick

Down B: uses his body as a basketball and can be thrown at enemies.

Final Smash: Summons Betilla the fairy (preferably her old design) and she shoots beams of white light from her hands. Like she would in the original game whenever giving Rayman a new power.

Also have the Rabbids as an assist trophy.
I am functioning within the established parameters.

Rik
NNID: RikTheNinja
3DS Friend Code: 1032-1749-4002

Post by Rik » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:11 pm

Ringabel
Neutral B - Cycles through asterisks, giving stat buffs/debuffs. Think Shulk, but with snazzy costume changes.
Asterisks - Freelancer (normal), Ninja (+speed, more launchable), Pirate (+Launch power, -speed), Knight (+defence, -launchability, -recovery and speed), Dark Knight (+attack, -defence)
Side smash - Whack with weapon relevant to asterisk in use (sword for freelancer, knife flurry for ninja, axe for pirate, shield bash for knight, Alternis Dim's sword for Dark Knight)
Up smash - Cast Fira/Thundara/Blizzara upwards (cycles)
Down smash - Casts Black Bane to either side
Side B - Shippujinrai (fast sideways dashing strike with brief invulnerability at start)
Up B - Valkyrie Jump (jump up, then jab downwards with a spear)
Down B - The Worm Turns (Counter that hits harder the higher your percentage damage is)
Final Smash - One of the Special moves depending on Asterisk in use: Freelancer - Holy Weapon; Ninja - Cross Divide; Pirate - Gigaton Swing; Knight - Sonic Wave; Dark Knight - Petal Swirl
Each final smash targets enemies in front of Ringabel and starts the relevant cutscene from BD, complete with Ringabel's theme and a stat boost for the duration of the music.

Tiz, Edea and Agnés would be playable as significantly less swagulous alts.
Ghost wrote:and since when has "being dumb" been a sin on the internet?
Pokeforum Random Battle Tourney - come for the battles, stay for the salt

row101
NNID: row101
3DS Friend Code: Hello world.
PSN ID: Why are you reading?
Xbox Gamertag: Why am I typing?
Steam ID: Why are we alive?

Post by row101 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:28 am

Goat Simulator

Neutral b - Licks the opponent, and the opponent is stuck to the goat for the next 3 seconds or until the move is used again. The opponent cannot attack or be attacked by the goat during this time.

Side b - Treadmill allows goat to charge at opponents, doing heavy damage + slight launch. This move can be charged.

Up b - Large trampoline emerges, which bounces the goat upwards and quickly fall downs doing moderate damage to other players.

Down b - Goat lies down for 3 seconds or so, and during this time cannot be attacked. Other players who trip over the goat are given slight damage but a powerful sideways launch.

Final Smash: Transforms into Demon Goat and goats start raining from the sky, inflicting heavy damage + powerful launch.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - George Washington

KingoftheSocks
PSN ID: KingoftheSocks
Steam ID: chronofighter

Post by KingoftheSocks » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:36 pm

Crash Bandicoot

Neutral B- Spin attack_ quite obvious, does his trademark spin attack
Side b- Wumpa Bazooka- Aims a shot from his wumpa bazooka and shoots in in target direction
Up B- Jetpack- Boosts up into the air with his jetpack and slowly desends
Down B- Belly Slam- Jumps up in the air and body slams the ground
Final Smash- Uka Uka- Dons the uka uka mask, become invincible and gains a slight speed boost
Credit to liberal for this snazzy sig

Garf

Post by Garf » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:24 pm

Valentine/Skullgirls Character Ref

Normal attacks- Taken from her regular attacks in Skullgirls. Easy to link her attacks together, with her side tilts and smashes using her IV Naginata and her Down Smash using the AED Paddles. Her down grab also has her put the enemy to sleep with some anasthetic.

B- Vial Hazard- Tapping B changes what vial she loads into a syringe from the first being a purple one with a poison effect, Green increases knockback on whoever gets hit by it and orange slows down the target. After tapping the button stops, she'll throw the syringe in a straight line ahead of herself
Side B- Savage Bypass- Valentine dashes fowards with her bonesaw, slashing anyone in her way. Works like the Fox Illusion
Down B- Mortuary Drop- Valentine pulls out a bodybag and grabs a nearby enemy. If it connects, she'll jump into the air with them and do an izuna drop with them, dealing heavy damage
Up B- Acquistive Prescription- Upon using it, Valentine disappears with her old body disintegrating, as she reappears in the same direction she angles herself in. If someone is hit by the startup of this attack, they are stunned

Final Smash- Dead On Arrival
While her Level 3, Dead On Arrival, would be pretty interesting, it's not too different to Mortuary Drop, aside from the cutscene at the end of the attack. So, instead a variant of it to make it more flashy is that she grabs the enemy into a bodybag like normal, throwing them into the air. As they fly, she rapidly slashes them with the EKG Flatliner super, which is an upgraded version of Savage Bypass to build up damage (Like Greninja's FS or Strider Hiryu's Raganarok. She then finishes it with the regular izuna drop, leading to a vertical knockback
Last edited by Garf on Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fabong

Post by Fabong » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:51 pm

ChaosControl wrote:Betilla the fairy (preferably her old design)
As much as I love the old Rayman games, Betilla's new design is a massive improvement. Her old design is crumby.

Anyway, contain yourself ladies because the smash party don't start until Tuxedo Mask appears on the scene.

Bask in the Mask.

Neutral- Tuxedo La Smoking Bomber - Tuxedo Mask can fire energy from his hands in the manga, seems a perfect fit here. Probably a good candidate for a charging move.

Side - Kamen Rose Action - Fires a romantic red rose at great speed. Naturally it's a magic rose so it's more deadly than it sounds.

Down - Magnificent Inspirational Speech - A few motivational words are enough to increase the attack power of yourself and your team-mates for a short time.

Up - Mysterious Extending Cane - Not a euphemism, an actual cane that extends to cause great damage with great justice.

Final Smash - Pink Sugar Tuxedo Attack - A powerful move performed in tandem with Mini-Moon, basically shoots a bunch of pretty energy beams all over the show.
#ff Garf

Kriken
FKA liberal

Post by Kriken » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:19 pm

ChaosControl wrote:
liberal wrote:Ichigo Kurosaki.

I'm not actually a big Bleach fan
*Looks at your sig, then thinks back to the various chats with you and theringlord* Hmm?
I must have told you about how much I hate Bleach at some point. I loved the first series but it goes downhill from there but not so terrible that you ignore your friend's suggestion to keep on watching it because it supposedly gets better...and now I'm so invested in it that I may as well follow the manga up until its not-too-distant end. And I still like Rukia quite a bit but now that I think about it a sig change is overdue. Just used this one because it was the best one I had from recent non-Ackeron times.

ChaosControl

Post by ChaosControl » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:19 am

Fabong wrote:
As much as I love the old Rayman games, Betilla's new design is a massive improvement. Her old design is crumby.
Why? Because she has boobs and is all sexy now?? At least before she actually looked like a fairy! :roll:
Anyway, contain yourself ladies because the smash party don't start until Tuxedo Mask appears on the scene.
Which raises the question....why hasn't there been a Sailor Moon game released in this country? I still dream of a Sailor Moon RPG....someday....

Also...we've kind of stopped watching Bleach at the moment. We managed to get about halfway through the Bount arc I think. But now we're watching House. Again.

Garf

Post by Garf » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:45 am

ChaosControl wrote: Which raises the question....why hasn't there been a Sailor Moon game released in this country? I still dream of a Sailor Moon RPG....someday....
You could probably just emulate Sailor Moon: Another Story on the SNES if you want an RPG on the series

Also, there's a Sailor Moon fighting game too, but I think it's all in japanese. I remember Rini having some nuts divekicks in it

ChaosControl

Post by ChaosControl » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:56 am

Garf wrote:
You could probably just emulate Sailor Moon: Another Story on the SNES if you want an RPG on the series
This is a thing??

Garf

Post by Garf » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:10 pm

You'll have to find yourself a fan translation, but yep, totally a thing

Fabong

Post by Fabong » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:19 pm

ChaosControl wrote:
Fabong wrote:
Why? Because she has boobs and is all sexy now?? At least before she actually looked like a fairy! :roll:
Which raises the question....why hasn't there been a Sailor Moon game released in this country? I still dream of a Sailor Moon RPG....someday....
I always thought Betilla looked kinda dorky even before the redesign. As for Sailor Moon video games, there are more than enough of those to go around if you care to emulate them.
#ff Garf

Troggy
NNID: Ultramegatrogdor
3DS Friend Code: 0989-1858-5244

Post by Troggy » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:54 pm

I DON'T EVEN KNOW BUT I'M DOING THIS ANYWAY.

Earthworm Jim

Neutral B: Ray Gun (Can be fired rapidly for 2% damage with little knockback. Charging this move transforms the shot into a Plasma blast that deals 10% damage and deals medium knockback)

Side B: Three-Finger Gun (Peppers a small area with a rapid succession of bullets for a short time. Can deal up to 10% damage. Using this move too many times in the span of a minute disables it's use for 20 seconds)

Up B: Pocket Rocket (Fires Jim into the air with decent recovery distance. Anybody who comes into contact with the rocket takes 7% of damage)

Down B: Snott Shot (Snott appears on the playing field and starts to walk around the battlefield. If a player comes into contact with Snott, they'll stick into place and become vulnerable to other players. Snott does no damage and is purely tactical.)

Final Smash: Barnyard Bash (When this move is used, pigs and cows begin to rain from the top of the stage. Pigs do 5% damage while cows do 10% damage. After 10 seconds, Jim pulls out the Barn Blaster, and fires it. The blast performs a stage wide attack, causing 30% damage and high knockback to all characters onstage.

Taunts:
Up: Uses a bubble gun and marvels at the resulting soapy spheres of joy.
Side: Jim starts flexing, which causes his trousers to fall down. He picks them up in embarrassment.
Down: Jim uses his head as a skipping rope.
SONM Robot Wars
"are you actually braindead or do you just really enjoy batman's penis in your mouth" - Decretum

StriderHedgehog
NNID: StriderHedgehog
3DS Friend Code: 2423-3029-0103
Xbox Gamertag: StriderDeadshot

Post by StriderHedgehog » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:40 pm

It wouldn't happen since he's a Playstation All Star (despite being absent for 9 years), but I'd like to play as Sir Daniel Fortescue from Medievil.

Up Smash
Throws his Axe in an upward arc.

Forward Smash
Slams the ground in front of him with the War Hammer. Fully charging will create a small shock wave.

Down Smash
A simple swing attack with the Broad Sword that covers a wide radius around Sir Dan.

Neutral B - Cross Bow
Fires a bolt in a straight line which can ricochet off of flat surfaces. When charging, you can change the direction of fire. Charging for a certain time changes the bolt into a flaming bolt that inflicts damage over time, but can't ricochet.

Side B - Arm Throw
Rips his arm off to use as a boomerang. Simple but effective.

Up B - Super Dash Jump
Rushes forward while jumping to launch in a diagonal direction. Decent vertical and great horizontal recovery.

Down B - Shield Block
Kneels down and hides behind his Silver Shield. All frontal attack cause no damage, but the shield can expire after enough hits. After this, it takes 30 seconds for another shield to generate.

Up Taunt
Turns to the camera and flaunts his sword, groaning 'I'll Show You!'

Side Taunt
Waves his sword forward, groaning 'Get on with it!'

Down Taunt
Rests his sword over his shoulder and has a hearty chuckle to himself.

Final Smash - Lightning
Summons forth Lightning from his hand, which he can fire by pressing the Special Attack button. The Lightning locks onto enemies, can chain multiple enemies at once if they are in close proximity and gives Sir Dan temporary invincibility. The Lightning lasts for 10 seconds.

Good Lord, I want Medievil 3.
A blast from the past in hedgehog form!

- Ren "Foxx" Ramos, Bacon, Dazz & Naruto[NU], GoldStud, Gusprint, redblueyellow, Shadowbot (TSR)
- Abyss Wolf (dA)

Crisps
NNID: Crisps

Post by Crisps » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:00 am

Garf

Neutral B: GARF IS LAME: Garf lies on the floor in existential crisis, granting him invulnerability for two seconds.

Side B: GARF SUCKS: Garf harnesses the power of his mighty suck to pull the opponent in.

Down B: GARF BLOWS: With his widely-feared war cry ('KAWAII') Garf forces the opponent to get as far away from him as they possibly can.

Up B: GARF ISN'T COOL: Garf proves himself too hot for you, I, or indeed any mortal man, to handle, delivering a flaming uppercut fierce and mnd-boggling in equal measure.

Final Smash: VULCAN DEATH GRIP: Garf invokes the power of his father, Spock, and delivers an instant KO to the shoulder of any foe in his vicinity.
you're a virgin who can't drive.

Kriken
FKA liberal

Post by Kriken » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:45 am

That certainly boggles my mnd.

Crisps
NNID: Crisps

Post by Crisps » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:02 am

You'd better stop lipping gadge
you're a virgin who can't drive.

Pineapple
NNID: Waddl.D
Steam ID: A Disaster

Post by Pineapple » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:18 pm

Bandana Dee

Neutral B- Parasol Spin
Spin a parasol to deflect enemy attacks or projectiles. Also pushes back foes within range of the parasol.
Side B- Spear Swoop
Lunge forward and swing with the spear in a wide arc, piercing any enemies that were hit.
Up B- Dizzy Drift
Hop into the air and spin before opening up the parasol, letting the wind guide you to safety.
Down B- Pike Pivot
Use the spear to vault backwards into the air using the spear before turning mid-air and swiping downwards.
Final Smash- Twirling Whirlwind
Spin the parasol rapidly to create a twister that grows in size as it travels across the stage, scooping up enemies before spitting them all out.

Taunt 1: Bandana Dee turns to the camera, stands on the tips of its feet and waves with both arms.
Taunt 2: Bandana Dee pulls out a balloon and twirls on the spot before tucking the balloon away.
Taunt 3: Bandana Dee sits on the ground and pull out a dandelion puff, watching the seeds blow away.

Get on it, Nintendo.

StriderHedgehog
NNID: StriderHedgehog
3DS Friend Code: 2423-3029-0103
Xbox Gamertag: StriderDeadshot

Post by StriderHedgehog » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:48 pm

Another unlikely one, but who cares?! It's...

The Monster Hunter

Standard Moveset
All attacks are based around the Sword and Shield.

Up Smash
An upwards burst from the Gunlance.

Side Smash
An overhead slice from the Great Sword.

Down Smash
The spinning Hammer attack.

Neutral B - Bowgun
Fires either a salvo of shots or a chargeable, explosive round.

Side B - Effect Bomb
One of several projectiles is thrown forward, each with a varying effect:
> Flash Bomb - creates a flash of light, which stuns all who look in it's direction.
> Sonic Bomb - creates a shockwave that blasts anyone nearby upwards, like the POW block.
> Throwing Knife - a simple projectile that does the most damage, but with no added effect.

Up B - Farcaster
Teleports the Hunter to a spot indicated by directional input - basically, Shiek's recovery.

Down B - Barrel Bomb
Sets a Large Barrel Bomb upon the ground, which can detonate when hit by an attack or manually by using a Small Barrel Bomb whilst the first is still active.

Up Taunt
The 'Cheer' gesture, where the Hunter punches the air and exclaims proudly.

Side Taunt
The 'Shadowbox' Gesture, where the Hunter punches thin air whilst ducking and weaving.

Down Taunt
The 'Kickback' gesture, where the Hunter sits on the ground with their legs stretched out, waving their feet joyfully.

Final Smash - Hunting Horn
With a toot of the Hunting Horn, the Hunter disappears with a Farcaster as an enraged Rathalos soars across the arena, pummelling foes with fire balls.
A blast from the past in hedgehog form!

- Ren "Foxx" Ramos, Bacon, Dazz & Naruto[NU], GoldStud, Gusprint, redblueyellow, Shadowbot (TSR)
- Abyss Wolf (dA)

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:50 pm

ET PHONES HOME!

Special attacks

Neutral b - Go Beyond Your Limit! (ET throws cans of Coors at opponents, making them drunk. Similar effect to when they're dizzy)
Side b - . Absolute Power! Based on when Elliott started feeling ET's thoughts: ET takes control of his opponent and, when ET gets hurt, the opponent also loses health.
Up b - Beam Up! The spaceship comes and lifts him upwards, similar to Zelda's teleport. Used mainly for recovering from otherwise fatal falls.
Down b - The Moonwalker. ET summons one of the other big stars from the 1980s, who moonwalks over the opponent.
Final Smash: The Landfill - ET summons trucks to bury the opponents underneath a landfill. Then he makes the videogame crash.

Nintendonator3000

Post by Nintendonator3000 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:34 pm

GHIRAHIM FEELS FURIOUS, OUTRAGED, SICK WITH ANGER!!!
Standard Move-set / Smash attacks
Various attacks using his sword
Grab
Use his animation of grabbing Link's sword in battle
Neutral B - Diamonds
Ghirahim throws his red diamond blades like in Skyward sword. Like Sheik's this can be charged to throw more that will do more damage and move quicker. If fully charged they will home onto somebody and circle around them before attacking.
Side B - Charge attack
Pretty similar to Ike's side special, he charges in the inputted direction and ends with a strike of his sword (as seen in SS). Can be charged for power and distance.
Up B - Teleport
Ghirahim snaps his fingers and can teleport in any direction the player inputs
Down B - Paralyse
Like in his final battle, he hands will glow with purple electricity and anyone who strikes him from the front will be paralyzed, leaving them open to counter attacks.
Up Taunt
Does his disappearing animation from Skyward Sword.
Side Taunt
STicks out his tounge and wiggles it in the inputted direction.
Down Taunt
Briefly turns into his true Sword From
Final Smash - Final Form
He turns into his all black final form from Skyward Sword. Like Wario/Lucario's final smash all his moves and stats are buffed, and he instead wields the larger sword from his final battle in Skyward Sword.
Ever since joining the original ONM I've been a huge Nintendo fan (specifically Zelda) and am looking forward to some great discussions. I was previously known as Lego Master