Nintendo Land - RCT2 Project - Final Update...*

The Super ONM Archives - Where good threads go to die.
DarkRula
NNID: DarkRula
Xbox Gamertag: DarkRula
Steam ID: DarkRula

Re: Nintendo Land - RCT2 Project -Update #13 - Skyworld!*

Post by DarkRula » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:41 pm

I don't think that would work, due to the custom assets being used in the game.

Vtheyoshi
NNID: vtheyoshi
Steam ID: VlaSoul

Post by Vtheyoshi » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:42 pm

Hype for these updates, man

Thanks to yung Kriken for the sig and avatar (asuka best girl)
MAL
Deviantart (trying to be more active nowadays, views are always appreciated) UPDATED 21/06/17

Bix
NNID: Wiitabix
3DS Friend Code: 5429-6832-2984
PSN ID: Deadspace-Maniac
Steam ID: Deadspacemaniac

Post by Bix » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:41 am

I'll climb aboard that hype train .. I love the place especially with the fact that it has a DK Mine Cart. Although that said the feeling of racing another coaster isn't something that real life designers have explored. The ride of the park is The Big Blue surely.. For me I also love and therefore give second place to Rainbow Road.

I still occasionally look through this thread from the very first post, such is the quality. Kudos Supa, you build like a man possessed 8-)

One thing I notice on my look throughs is that the DK sign at the start of one of my favourite areas is hidden by trees. I feel it would enhance that area to either find a way of repositioning the trees, getting the axe out to a few of them or increasing the size of the sign. Just a thought and probably only because I love DK.

Can't wait to see what happens next anyways.
Wishing my SONM friends a very happy & successful Q3 in gaming
TIME !

SupaWaluigi
NNID: Koopa96
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7126-6522
Steam ID: SupaWaluigi

Re: Nintendo Land - RCT2 Project -Update #14 - NES Corner!*

Post by SupaWaluigi » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:17 pm

Remember that awkward little corner of the park? Well, this is certainly a great looking transformation (if I do say so myself...):

Welcome to NES Corner! Just a little faithful nod to Nintendo's early history, with a couple of games that are still incredibly under-represented nowadays.

Thanks to Kess, again, for letting me know about this Motocross Custom ride. I'd already been on that site before, but didn't think much of it, but now that the Excitebike motorbike track is now in the park, it makes a great addition. It's more inspired by the DLC track in Mario Kart 8, being a simple oval loop, but the jumps are represented with the varying height in the inclines. I'm pretty proud of the grandstands as well :mrgreen:

Opposite the thrills of Excitebike, we have Balloon Fight Dodgems, complete with giant pixel art Balloon Fight Man (not sure if he actually has a name). It was more of split-second/sudden strike of inspiration and coupling, and the idea seems to have turned out rather well.

Of course, the ride wouldn't be complete with out Balloon Fight Balloons being sold nearby!

There are also plenty of Snacks and drinks to buy if you were to watch the Excitebike race, in the Pit Stop area: Race Tickets info kiosk, Pit Stop Toilets, Refuelling Point drinks, Caffeinated Nitrous coffee, Stadium Hot Dogs and Salty Stadium Snacks (pretzels basically)

This little NES homage needed one more thing though: Duck Hunt Toys!

I finally found some buoys to place around the Wave Race jet skis, so now it's looking a little better.

Bit of a smaller update this time, but be even more prepared for the Great Finale, although I'm not sure if that will be next update :? We shall wait and see...

Game Geek - Film Fan - Lanky

YouTube: SupaWaluigi
Twitter

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:21 pm

Love the excitebike text is even on the grandstands

More pixelart is always good too

Kesskuron
NNID: Kesskuron
3DS Friend Code: 167643044135
PSN ID: Kesskuras
Steam ID: Kesskuron

Post by Kesskuron » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:27 pm

Really glad the excitebike part worked out, was such a perfect fit for it
I really like the NES corner though, nice idea and nicely done

Also got an idea for a follow up to this, although I shall wait until you've completed this before I decide to do it or not

SupaWaluigi

Re: Nintendo Land - RCT2 Project -Update #15 - Death...*

Post by SupaWaluigi » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:46 pm

I have to say that this will be a very unfortunate, and unfortunately titled, penultimate update:

Whilst building the final rollercoaster of the park this happened...

Tragically, 36 guests have died. Just goes to show that even fantasy parks face real world theme park problems and tragic events. I have since fixed the problem by extending the braking area underground, as I have identified the event to have been a brake failure, and the second train ran into the back of the first train and exploded (I believe). Twinbellows Duel will certainly suffer with less guests wanting to go on it now, but hopefully over time that will change.

Anyway, with that out of the way, yes, we are on the penultimate update! Park Progress Overview #8 certainly shows how full and diverse Nintendo Land is now!

But Hyrule is also now complete, with...

This Death Mountain rollercoaster! Simply named "Death Mountain" to mimic Disney's own Space and Thunder Mountain rollercoasters.

The stats were pretty difficult to work with, being Extreme in intensity for a while. But, I managed to reduce that, and I think it may be one of the longer rollercoasters in the park.

Of course, in true Death Mountain fashion, the coaster does go underground at several points, and if this were a real ride in the real Nintendo theme park, it would obviously have Goron City on the inside.

We also have plenty of shops at the top of the mountain, including: Goron Rock Cookies, Little Goron's Lemonade, Biggoron's Burgers, Darunia's Rock Bites, Death Mountain Fairy Fountain, and for the first time ever, a named first aid station, simply called Red Potions.

And to top off this update, as per Bix's request, I chopped down some of the trees blocking the big DK sign, and decided to plonk down a twister ride, aptly named King of Swing, to fill in the little space available left over.

And that is that. Building finished. I would say don't expect a giant, big show finale. I think it's gonna be more of a nice nod and thank you to all of you who have helped along the way. However, there are still a ton of things that need to be named, so it may be more of a "Naming stuff" update, but I suppose we will all just have to wait and see ;)

Twitter

DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:07 pm

Can't wait for the news reports and the board of directors closing the park until further notice. ;)

That new rollercoaster is really awesome. It's a pity that RCT2 is isometric, as I'd love to walk around this place Thrillville style.
Oh wait... Coaster Park Tycoon. Frontier Developments. The creators of the latest Zoo Tycoon.
COASTER PARK TYCOON HAS TO BE A CROSS BETWEEN RCT AND THRILLVILLE AND IT WILL BE THE BEST GAME EVER!

Ahem. Yes. This park is really great, and it's been fun seeing it come together in all these updates.

OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:27 pm

36 deaths

Truly the park is now complete

SupaWaluigi

Post by SupaWaluigi » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:02 pm

OrangeRakoon wrote:36 deaths

Truly the park is now complete
That made me laugh a little too hard :lol:

Twitter

SupaWaluigi

Re: Nintendo Land - RCT2 Project - Final Update...*

Post by SupaWaluigi » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:30 pm

So, we're here, the end, the finale...

But first, let's start by finishing off all the ride names:

The Donkey Kong Mine Cart ride is now Donkey Kong's Mine Cart Carnage, named after the first mine cart level of the original Donkey Kong Country game.

The skidoo dodgems are now simply 1080 Skidoos. Trying to get that 1080 Snowboarding reference in there, but now it's more extreme!

The mace ride is simply DarkNut's Mace

And similarly simple for the trebuchet ride, now known as Hylian Trebuchet

This is a name that I just couldn't get rid of, despite not being Nintendo/Zelda related. Not-Quite-Jousting Knights just makes it sound as though the Hylian Army soldiers are clumsy and ineffective :lol:

The blob from outer space observation tower is now the Onion Lookout

The snowman cup ride is now simply Snow Pokey, a nice little reference to snow themes in Mario games

The B movie spider ride has a peculiarly long name, now the Spider Queen of Gloomy Manor, named after the first boss from Luigi's Mansion 2

The Epona horse ride adventure thing is all encapsulated in it's new name, The Legend of Zelda!

Alas, after 55 long years and the tragic event of Twinbellows Duel crash, the park inspector decided to close the park, seeing it to be too dangerous for the public (not really, of course, I just decided to get rid of all the guests using the park trainer!) Yet, the park has been reopened, under new management, and our first intrepid park goers have arrived...

(Sorry Rich, you got a bit cut off by the monorail there :oops: )

This was the little surprise I eluded to earlier for all of you have been a part of this project. Now there is a part of each and every one of you in the park!

And I have tabs on all of you to see who is up to what, I just hope no one leaves too soon.

But that's not all! The SONM Logo now adorns the park entrance, showing guests that this was the Nintendo Land Theme Park that SONM built.

And so there we have it. I want to thank you all for supporting this silly little project of mine. It mainly started just to pass the time throughout the summer holidays, but became an incredible creative experience in which I am so happy you all enjoyed seeing grow and contributed to. It has certainly boosted my confidence in sharing future creative projects, whatever they may be.

But, again, thank you all so very much. As to the future of the park? Who knows...

But we may return at some point....

Twitter

Nintendonator3000

Post by Nintendonator3000 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:16 pm

Sad to see it come to an end, but the final park looks absolutely brilliant! It's exactly what a Nintendo theme park should be like - I tried to design one years ago with a friend and it came nowhere near to the brilliance of this.

Great idea with the tribute - and thanks for giving me one. Quite appropriate I'm heading to death mountain as that is somewhere I'd definitely prioritise visiting.
Most of all congratulations to you for finally finishing it and thanks for the all the hard work you put into making it!
Ever since joining the original ONM I've been a huge Nintendo fan (specifically Zelda) and am looking forward to some great discussions. I was previously known as Lego Master

OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:26 pm

This was absolutely brilliant SupaWaluigi, and the end result is fantastic! Super cool that you put us all in as guests too.

A thread for the archives once everyone has commented and stuff, perhaps? :D

SupaWaluigi

Post by SupaWaluigi » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:37 pm

OrangeRakoon wrote:This was absolutely brilliant SupaWaluigi, and the end result is fantastic! Super cool that you put us all in as guests too.

A thread for the archives once everyone has commented and stuff, perhaps? :D
Yes please, most definitely!

Twitter

DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:49 pm

This has definitely been worth it, and to be immortalised in the park [at least until I leave it - I hope I don't] is just brilliant.
This whole thing has been brilliant. And you should be proud to have made it.
If you ever do any other projects in the future, I'll be sure to have a look in.

swarf
NNID: liam23

Post by swarf » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:32 pm

What a lovely touch to be put inside the park...you're awesome :mrgreen:
Currently Mainly Playing:
Switch: Arms and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Vtheyoshi
NNID: vtheyoshi
Steam ID: VlaSoul

Post by Vtheyoshi » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:21 pm

RTC3 park when?????????

But really though, that was awesome, dude

Thanks to yung Kriken for the sig and avatar (asuka best girl)
MAL
Deviantart (trying to be more active nowadays, views are always appreciated) UPDATED 21/06/17

Pineapple
NNID: Waddl.D
Steam ID: A Disaster

Post by Pineapple » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:37 pm

This was a fab idea, it's been super fun watching the park develop and grow. Great job!

Casplen
NNID: Casplen
PSN ID: Casplenn
Steam ID: Casplen

Post by Casplen » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:44 pm

This was pretty awesome to follow start to finish, and the end result looks great. Good job.

danbish
NNID: TheFatPlumber
3DS Friend Code: 0920-1615-5762
Xbox Gamertag: Emerald Eagle
Steam ID: TheFatPlumber

Post by danbish » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:29 pm

I may not have been commenting much but I have been following the development of your park and I have to say it is simply incredible, the dedication you've put in is outstanding. I especially love the Balloon Ride guy flying over the NES section and the inclusion of us SOMN'ers is a very nice touch.

I tip my hat to you sir, its just a shame that your theme park is a virtual one. At least I'm there in electronic spirit and hopefully I won't leave!

OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:35 pm

Can you post a full screenshot of the entire park without resizing it for the forum, so we can see more detail?

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:41 am

Dear Nintendo,

Everything you could ever need for that theme park is in this thread. Now that you have the ideas, get to work!!

Bix
NNID: Wiitabix
3DS Friend Code: 5429-6832-2984
PSN ID: Deadspace-Maniac
Steam ID: Deadspacemaniac

Post by Bix » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:24 pm

Really really great, and of course I'd try out the Not-Quite Jousting Knights. Hope I get on all the rollercoasters before I leave (or at least DK and Big Blue).
Wishing my SONM friends a very happy & successful Q3 in gaming
TIME !