Nintendo Land - RCT2 Project - Final Update...*

The Super ONM Archives - Where good threads go to die.
SupaWaluigi
NNID: Koopa96
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7126-6522
Steam ID: SupaWaluigi

Re: Nintendo Land - RCT2 Project - *Update #7!*

Post by SupaWaluigi » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:18 pm

Recovering from the unfortunate incident of not saving the park yesterday, we have finally started work (again) on the Space Area. Here's Park Progress Overview #4:

Not looking much different at the moment. A lot of guests have started to complain that they cannot find the new rides that have just been constucted, so hopefully once the Space Area is complete, or almost complete, I can extend the monorail, and guests will be happy once again.

So, here we are in the new area. Not looking very Space-like at the moment is it, but there is a very good reason for that. First, however...

We have Wave Race Jet Skis! Kess beat me to the punch though, this was a very little idea at the back of my mind since starting the park, but now that it's built, I'm a little disappointed. Mainly because it doesn't come with the option for the guide track like most guest controlled water rides do, which infuriatingly means they can drive the jet skis anywhere, get stuck, then complain that they want to get off the ride!

Scenery is also quite hard to get right. This little Start line banner is good, but the rest is just bland. I'll have to work on that...

Ladies and Gentlemen. I present to you a ride we have all been waiting for in anticipation, I hope you like it. I present to you: BIG BLUE. A double-synched-racing set of launched LIM coasters, named after two infamous F-Zero racer's vehicles: Blue Falcon and Fire Stingray.

As you can see, they have been coloured accordingly...

The Blue Falcon leads the way for the majority of the ride, but the Fire Stingray catches up in some of the tighter corners...

Alas, for Fire Stingray, the Blue Falcon narrowly snatches victory for this race. I tried to make the main structure look like a stadium/grand stands for the start/finish line, but because the coaster crosses over itself and is very near the station at many points, it's hard to get a good symmetrical shape. However, the skyscrapers look pretty good.

Then we have some shops located at the front of the entrance ways. Not sure what to call them, but Falcon Sunglasses was all I could think of for the sunglasses stall.

A lot of guests are also complaining that they are hungry, even though there are plenty of food stalls all over the park! So this Seafood stall featuring a happy giant octopus (although it could easily be an alien) seemed fitting.

It looks ugly, but this pathway is just a momentary placeholder until the Space Area begins to fill up more, since before the only way to get up here was via a ride on Spirit Tracks.

Oh, and as per Jezo's request, we have a Kakariko Style Fried Cuccoo Nuggets shop too.

We're gonna be in the Space Area for a while now, so please stay with us, as this may get a little same-y. We will probably take a detour sometime into the final Varied Area (North of Kirby's Air Ride) for, well, some variety I suppose :lol:

Game Geek - Film Fan - Lanky

YouTube: SupaWaluigi
Twitter

DarkRula
NNID: DarkRula
Xbox Gamertag: DarkRula
Steam ID: DarkRula

Re: Nintendo Land - RCT2 Project - *Super MINI Update!*

Post by DarkRula » Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:32 pm

Whoo, sweet. That F-Zero ride looks awesome.

Vtheyoshi
NNID: vtheyoshi
Steam ID: VlaSoul

Post by Vtheyoshi » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:36 pm

that F-Zero track is gooseberry fool mint, got to say

Thanks to yung Kriken for the sig and avatar (asuka best girl)
MAL
Deviantart (trying to be more active nowadays, views are always appreciated) UPDATED 21/06/17

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:38 pm

SupaWaluigi wrote:Image
This is looking awesome, getting to be so much in the park now!
SupaWaluigi wrote:Image

THIS IS LOOKING AWESOME

Big Blue is the best ride yet. I absolutely love that it even goes over a shield recharging strip, brilliant.

Kesskuron
NNID: Kesskuron
3DS Friend Code: 167643044135
PSN ID: Kesskuras
Steam ID: Kesskuron

Post by Kesskuron » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:33 pm

Big Blue ride looks awesome
The jet skis are a bit annoying tbh since you can't make a track. Maybe make a beach or something? I think there might be scenery like buoys as well that'd make it more wave race-y
You need to have a drink stall called Falcon Punch
Also the Sea Food Stall's name should have something to do with Octoman

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:55 pm

Put a fruit stall by F-Zero called --- dangit, Kess beat me to it!

Looking good. Can totally imagine the F-Zero soundtrack playing in a real-world version of this.

You need a Smash Bros Colloseum where people dressed up as various characters duke it out. Could also be used as a Punch-Out ring.
And have little Lakitu CCTV cameras hidden around the place. And a Tingle map stall!

SupaWaluigi

Re: Nintendo Land - RCT2 Project - *Update #8 - Pikmin!*

Post by SupaWaluigi » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:28 am

Another new update. Hopefully this will tide us over till SONM Awards this evening as a little thing to make time go by quicker :lol:

Here's another overview of the Space Area to hint at the new rides and installments. But first, I think we will look at some other mini developments...

In order to make it so the (stupid, ungrateful) guests don't get stuck on the Wave Race Jet Skis, I extended the beach out a little, making it a small rest area with a couple of stalls. Fruity Ices and Ice Creams are ready to cool you down, and there's a regular Beach toilet.

The Moon Juice stall has been fittingly named Falcon Punch, thank you to Kess and Ghost for that. As for the Seafood stall, I only made the name "Octoman's Sauteed Brethren" as a placeholder, but now it's growing on me as a name :lol: What do you guys think?

Here's a new construction: Super Smash Bros. 3D. Coloured to look like a giant Smash Ball, this is just a 3D Cinema, but using our imagination, it could easily be a competitive Smash Arena, where guests can compete with each other. Also, a few stalls outside, not especially imaginatively named, but once again all the guests are complaining they are hungry, thirsty, tired and need the toilet. Just can't please everyone, can you?!

Had a brief spark of inspiration for the toilet names in the Luigi's Mansion area: they are now known as E.Gadd's Flushatron and E.Gadd's Flushatron MK II.

A hidden Witches Brew soup stall in the Lost Woods.

And so here's the major new installments. This here is the home to Pikmin!

We now have the Garden of Hope maze, coupled with plenty of alien and normal foliage, and giant butterflies and snails.

Not only that, but we also now have the S.S Dolphin Launched Freefall ride. I tried to make the colour scheme look like the cart goes through different layers of the planet's atmosphere, so green at the bottom for the planet, white for cloud cover, blue for clear sky, and then black for outer space.

Some more food stalls, most likely created by culinary genius Louie! We have Bulborb Burgers, Hot Snagret Dogs and Koppai Fruit Juice.

And finally, the Monorail is now a complete circuit. This new station is connected to the Hyrule and Peach's Castle stations, hopefully making it easier for guests to travel around the park and MAKE THEM COMPLAIN LESS!!!

Twitter

SupaWaluigi

Re: Nintendo Land - RCT2 Project - *Update #9!*

Post by SupaWaluigi » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:37 pm

Sorry for not posting a new update recently. I wanted to get Exam Results Day and the subsequent effects of it out of the way before getting back to park building. Although, I have dabbled in and out of the park, trying to fix the many problems it is now facing. But First...

Here we are at Park Progress Overview #5, I think. A fair amount of free space is still available, but the park is soon coming to completion.

The Space Area continues to grow, with many more new rides being built. However, before we get to all the new installments, I have to address something first...

As you can see, the park guests seem to perfectly happy. However, that is only because I cheated :oops:. The reason for that is because a lot of guests wanted to go home and were in a bad mood, lowering the park rating. So, I now have a Park Trainer mod, where I got rid of all guests. Don't worry though, I have the tools to get the amount of guests back to it's original state, which is about 2,100. Just wanted to get that out of the way, as there are many new installments I won't go into as they were made to address the situation before I downloaded the trainer (such as the abundance of toilets across the park, and the massive increase in food and drink stalls)

...Here's the Space Area Shuttle, transporting guests from the park entrance to the Space Area, so that they do not get as tired.

And this is the station the shuttle goes to.

Meanwhile, I made this little Animal Crossing Slide (not a very imaginative name I know) as tis is a bit of a bland stretch of the park at the moment.

And there's a ton more shops to address the food/drink problem the park seems to be having, which all need names.

Added some more Pikmin Shops and names, changing the Hot Snagret Dogs to Fiery Blowhog Dogs, a new Snagret Bits nuggets stall, and some lemonade (couldn't think of a name)

And Carbonated Water Wraith, with Boiled Wallyhop.

The major new ride though, is the Star Fox rollercoaster, with 4 trains to represent all of the Star Fox crew (apart from ROB 64 I suppose)

I tried to make a trench reminiscent to the opening of the Corneria mission in Star Fox 64, which turned out all right.

Here's an observation tower shaped like an alien blob. Needs a name though...

And so does this Time Machine ride.

But, what's more interesting, is this Mini Metroids dodgems ride!

And this Mother Brain spinning enterprise ride!

I hope you can guess what ride is coming next... ;)

Twitter

DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:54 pm

Oh wow. That's a lot added.
It's cool to see these new rides and such being made.

OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:19 pm

Loving the Star Fox ride - the trench looks great!

I'm struggling to think of a suitable name/game for the time machine ride though...

Jezo
NNID: Super_Jezo
3DS Friend Code: 4811-6932-4056
Xbox Gamertag: J3Z0
Steam ID: Jezo

Post by Jezo » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:24 pm

Epoch... Or something Chrono Trigger related.
Avvy goes up to #110 Weezing

SupaWaluigi

Post by SupaWaluigi » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:57 am

Jezo wrote:Epoch... Or something Chrono Trigger related.
YES! That's a very good idea :D

Twitter

Qikz

Post by Qikz » Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:51 am

This is really cool. Back when the Atari forums existed and RCT3 was popular there me and someone called Give_Me_a_Chance who is now on NeoGAF both made seperate Nintendo Land parks in RCT3. I long ago lost the save files which is sad and the thread is gone too, but atleast I know other people are still carrying the torch of RCT :p

I started redoing Nintendo Land a while ago, here was the little progress I made before my hard drive died.

I never got past main street haha.

SupaWaluigi

Re: Nintendo Land - RCT2 Project - *Update #10 - Metroid!*

Post by SupaWaluigi » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:45 pm

We're in double digits now for updates! It's a bit of a small update though...

The Space Area has extended even further! Although, in hindsight, I should have built the Star Fox rollercoaster further over to the side, as...

...We have a new rollercoaster! Now this one is really inspired and based on an element of the Nintendo Land game: Metroid Blast!

Metroid Blast has orange Samus' spaceships as vehicles (although it's a wild mouse ride, so they are meant to look like mice, but they don't resemble mice at all to me), which spin as they round corners, making it look and feel even more like the minigame of the same name.

Added a little Motion Simulator called Brinstar Depths to fill in the space (no pun intended) a bit more.

A few Metroid based shops have been added: Ridley Rum, Space Pirate Chips, Ice Beam Ice Cream and Lasered Kratos.

Oh, I decided to change the future looking pathway in the Pikmin area to a custom mud pathway. I think it fits in better with the Pikmin rides.

That's it for now. Told you it was a smaller update :lol: But here's something for next time: I want you guys to choose, out of the pieces of music below, which one should make it into the game. The Space Area is fairly quiet at the moment, so the pieces of music are centered around the rides featured there.

Metroid Blast:

Big Blue:

Star Fox:

OR

Pikmin:

Vote for which one you would like. I know you won't be able to hear it, and it is kind of more for my benefit to listen to something as I build the park, but at the same time, it's about immortalising which piece of music should be featured in the park, both in RCT and potentially in real life! :mrgreen: Of course, if nothing here tickles your eardrums, please do suggest something else.

Also, Qikz, your RCT 3 Nintendo Land park looks really good, for what's there. You should really continue with it, if you have the time. Maybe even make an SONM thread out of it! :D

Twitter

Kesskuron

Re: Nintendo Land - RCT2 Project - *Update #10 - Metroid!*

Post by Kesskuron » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:32 pm

As much as I like all of those, the metroid one is far and away the most 'space-y' so I'd go with that one

SupaWaluigi

Re: Nintendo Land - RCT2 Project - *Update #11 - Sonic!*

Post by SupaWaluigi » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:25 pm

Update Number 11, here we go!:

Let's start with Park Progress Overview #6. So close now to completion. Mainly going to have to start working on the two mountainous areas, but there's still time for ride suggestions!

But here's the biggest addition in this update. A certain Blue Blur has found his way into Nintendo Land. This certainly does not take place in the Sega VS Nintendo era.

Sonic has found his home in the park, with this Green Hill Zone Air-Powered launch coaster...

...with plenty of surrounding Sonic scenery to complement and contrast against the Space Area and Peach's Castle.

But Sonic has brought his nemesis along as well. Dr Robotnik's (none of this Eggman stuff) Roto-Drop will definitely strike fear in guests.

Some various Sonic themed/named shops. I particularly like Knuckle's Sandwiches...

This is a little bit weird, but I wanted to utilise the space here. It's simply a Crooked House ride named Happy Home Academy. Not sure what goes on inside, maybe there's a murderous Tom Nook creeping around inside :twisted:

And the Time Machine ride is now simply named Chrono Trigger, as suggested by Jezo

And as a last second addition for this update, some vibrant blue Sonic Spike Hats allow for guests to become the iconic speedster themselves.

Please continue suggesting rides and keep voting for which Space Area music will make it into the park :mrgreen:

Twitter

DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:52 pm

Too cool, dude.
Radical.
Etc, Etc.

Real good update, and the park is really moving on. That Sonic theme really does fit with the Nintendo theme.

OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:11 pm

Definitely voting for Big Blue for the custom music.

The Sonic ride looks great, spot-on with the theming/style!

SupaWaluigi

Re: Nintendo Land - RCT2 Project -*Update #12 - Ice Climbers

Post by SupaWaluigi » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:26 pm

We have another new (yet small) area!

Ladies and gentleman, you are now looking at Ice Mountain!

The main attraction here is definitely the bobsleigh coaster, but hopefully you can guess which character (or rather characters) this little area is attributed to...

Well, judging by the name of the bobsleigh coaster, it would appear this area is for a certain titular duo. Yes, the Ice Climbers now feature in Nintendo Land, with the two bobsleigh trains coloured to represent Popo and Nana.

And there's a whole underground cavern in which guests explore on the rollercoaster, with plenty of icy twists and turns. I hope you brought along your own wooden mallets!

But we also have a couple of other snowy themed rides, this Skidoo Dodgems ride being one of them...

...And these Snow Cups being another. Both need names though, so please suggest away.

We also have a whole promenade of shops: Snow Hoods, Hammer Burgers, Nana's Coffee, Popo's Hot Chocolate and Base Point Information Kiosk.

Of course, we also have some snazzy Polar Bear Shades also!

This Chairlift is more of a place holder ride at the moment, which is going to provide the sole link from this area...

...to this area, and so for now will remain closed until construction begins on top of this mountain.

There was a rather awkward gap between the Sonic rides and the new Ice Mountain area, but a few more small Sonic themed rides managed to fit perfectly here. So here we have Sonic Spinball universal rings...

...And Dr Robotnik's Doom Machine top spin ride. Both truly nauseating rides.

However, now that the Ice Mountain area has been constructed, there's this rather awkward empty space in the corner. It's not really large enough to a fully different area, but it could be like a one ride defined new area, if you see what I mean, kind of like the Animal Crossing area. I have something in mind, to do with a water ride, since we don't have any water based rides at the moment (in fact it's something Bix suggested), but please suggests something whilst I experiment with what will work and won't work here :mrgreen:

Twitter

Kesskuron

Re: Nintendo Land - RCT2 Project -Update #12 - Ice Climbers

Post by Kesskuron » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:23 pm

Bobsleigh rollercoasters are always good
Dodgems remind me of the toboggan from DKC3, dunno if you can figure a name out from that

Kinda want there to be something 1080 related on the mountain too but i don't think there are really any rides that fit the snowboarding thing

Just realised there isn't a kid icarus bit, maybe that can be worked in somewhere? I know there's scenery that fits the KI style at the very least
Was also gonna suggest fire emblem and golden sun but i have no idea how to make a rides out of those

EDIT: Was just looking around for custom scenery and the like and found this site which seems to have functional custom rides, including a motocross one that would be an amazing excitebike ride. Site seems pretty ancient though, so dunno if the downloads still work or not

SupaWaluigi

Re: Nintendo Land - RCT2 Project -Update #13 - Skyworld*!

Post by SupaWaluigi » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:52 pm

This scared the hell out of me! But it looks like the original scenario goal I set to the park has now been achieved. It's not that important, but it looks like the park has been completed in one form now. Anyway, here comes Update #13:

Park Progress Overview #7: So so so so so close to completion now. Literally, all we need to do is fill in that awkward gap mentioned last update, Death Mountain over in Hyrule, and name anything that has been missed (although I don't think we will name the staff now as there are well over 100 handymen and mechanics :lol: )

But here's a new area: Skyworld! Kid Icarus representation is now in the park.

The major ride here is the Twinbellows Duel rollercoaster, where guests ride Cerberus styled trains. Surprisingly, this rollercoaster has the highest excitement rating, somehow :shock:

Maybe it's because of the speed, long twists and sharp turns that all culminate in a very exciting experience!

Plus, there's the thrill of going underground as well.

For those who would prefer something gentle, we have this Lightning Chariots ride. It's hard to think of good looking scenery for this though, since there is nothing for an astral-plane, electric, sparkly, racetrack, whilst also being mythological looking, but I may return to it.

Poseidon (although the game actually calls the ride Neptune) gets his own ride too, Poseidon's Wrath. Hopefully he's helping guests on their journey, rather than showing them his rage!

Now here's something I'm not too sure about. The Hot Spring Food Court houses some great food and drink stalls, but the actual building looks a bit too blocky to me. I'll try to fix it up, but the mythological scenery is very limited.

Just a few shops in here though, don't want to disturb any angels taking a relaxing dip. We have Palutena's Iced Tea, Thanatos' Seafood Palace, and ICE CREAM! (Spoken like an angel who hasn't had any food in a while...)

But if guests are a bit peckish as they get off the chairlift, Poseidon's Seafood is nearby, and they can pick up their very own Angel Tunics.

The Fiend's Cauldron is here to give information, if you have plenty of hearts to spare.

The chairlift has now been called Skyworld Chairlift. Imaginative, I know :D

But as usual, guests pathfinding is incredibly stupid, so there is the very long and tiring alternative of taking the pathway all the way up into Skyworld. I suppose you could call it a "Stairway to Heaven"...

As always, stay tuned for the upcoming final updates. I have something planned for the very final one, which will involve everyone on this thread who has commented and contributed ;)

Twitter

OrangeRakoon

Re: Nintendo Land - RCT2 Project -Update #13 - Skyworld!*

Post by OrangeRakoon » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:08 pm

Oh so close to completion now!

Nintendonator3000

Post by Nintendonator3000 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:18 pm

The park is looking brilliant, great job!
Once you're finished, it would be great if you could make some sort of video tour of the park and upload it to the SONM network. Not sure if you are able to, but if you could it would be a great way for people to appreciate all the work you've put into it.
Ever since joining the original ONM I've been a huge Nintendo fan (specifically Zelda) and am looking forward to some great discussions. I was previously known as Lego Master

DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:37 pm

That's great looking, and it is so close now.
I agree on a video tour, though not sure how it'd play out [owing to the isometric view].
Something for us commenters, eh? Be interesting to see what that would be.

OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:34 pm

Either that or somehow make the save available?