Nintendo Land - RCT2 Project - Final Update...*

The Super ONM Archives - Where good threads go to die.
SupaWaluigi
NNID: Koopa96
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7126-6522
Steam ID: SupaWaluigi

Re: Nintendo Land - Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 Project *Update!

Post by SupaWaluigi » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:21 am

Just had a little bit of a scary event, which I have named the "Carousel Crisis". It's nothing really, but it had me in a serious state of suspense! (Spoiler for the next upload, by the way)

Basically, whilst building the first rollercoaster, the Double Deck Carousel broke down, but in one of the more rarer ways carousels break down in RCT2. It started to speed up and shake violently!! And, if it's not fixed in time, it explodes!!!

Luckily, I had started hiring park staff, and the one mechanic I had placed in Castle Town fixed the carousel just in time. Crisis Averted...

We need to find a name for this courageous mechanic who defeated the evil of malfunctioning mechanical horses!

Game Geek - Film Fan - Lanky

YouTube: SupaWaluigi
Twitter

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:37 am

It was clearly this man

SupaWaluigi

Post by SupaWaluigi » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:18 pm

Another update coming at ya thick and fast!
Just as with last update, the first rides were built, this time the first rollercoaster has been built, albeit not the greatest.

I present to you: The Jousting Knights roller coaster. Although, the coaster cars don't quite pass each other at a point where they do joust ("The Not-Quite-Jousting Knights" might be a fitting name...). I had to shift about some of the perimeter castle walls, so the overall area isn't as symmetrical anymore, but this was an ideal small coaster to fit in the gap on the other side of Castle Town. As always, this needs a name, bearing in mind that there is another horse themed coaster called a "Steeple Chase" which I plan on being the "Link-riding-Epona-adventure" sort of deal somewhere else in the Hyrule area of the park.

A new shop has appeared in the market area: Witches Brew Soup. A suitably fitting food stuff to fit in with the LoZ theme, which also needs a name.

And to finish off the new constructions of this update, a couple of Log cabin-esque toilets. Zelda themed (or medieval themed) names for these too please.

The Double Deck Carousel (after the rather terrifying event that occurred earlier) has now been dubbed "Galloping Eponas", submitted by DarkRula. The park goers thank thee, good Sir!

OR has submitted a couple of names too. The red Toffee Apple stalls are now known as "Syrup's Potion Shop(s)"...

... And the Coffee shop is now "The Lumpy Pumpkin". Although, if Pumpkin Coffee is being served there, I'm sure the park will receive the "Worst Food" award (which is indeed an award in the game!) Thank you for the names, OR!
And the home page promotion, but I'm trying to be modest

Some park staff has now been added. Several Handymen and Mechanics, who can also be named various LoZ characters, or even SONMers if you like!

But wait! Who's this?! A Knight Entertainer now strolls about the area, raising guests' happiness. A name for this dear fellow needs to be bestowed upon him (I'm personally thinking along the lines of Darknut)

Twitter

Casplen
NNID: Casplen
PSN ID: Casplenn
Steam ID: Casplen

Post by Casplen » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:49 pm

Looking lovely so far. Side note the toilets should be called Great Fairy Fountains.

Vtheyoshi
NNID: vtheyoshi
Steam ID: VlaSoul

Post by Vtheyoshi » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:38 pm

You can call the toilets Skyward Sword
do you get it
i'm so funny

You could name the staff after the Pirates in WW maybe

Thanks to yung Kriken for the sig and avatar (asuka best girl)
MAL
Deviantart (trying to be more active nowadays, views are always appreciated) UPDATED 21/06/17

swarf
NNID: liam23

Post by swarf » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:13 pm

Remember to eat, drink and sleep!
Currently Mainly Playing:
Switch: Arms and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Kesskuron
NNID: Kesskuron
3DS Friend Code: 167643044135
PSN ID: Kesskuras
Steam ID: Kesskuron

Post by Kesskuron » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:53 pm

Entertainer needs to be Groose surely

SupaWaluigi

Post by SupaWaluigi » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:40 pm

Sorry I haven't posted a new update just yet, I've been fairly busy over the last couple of days, but I can assure you there will be a new park update sometime tomorrow afternoon or evening :mrgreen:

Twitter

SupaWaluigi

Re: Nintendo Land - Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 Project -*Update

Post by SupaWaluigi » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:11 pm

Again, I have to say sorry. I know I promised an update the other day, but this one may be underwhelming, because I have been quite busy again today. But nevertheless, the park is going well, and construction on a new area has begun! (More on that in a bit)

Some more things have been named in Castle Town! Starting with Vtheyoshi's suggestion of naming a toilet "Skyward Sword". However, I wanted to put in brackets after the name "(That is a Euphemism)" but it was too long a name for a stall, so it's now known as "Skyward Sword Euphemism Toilet" (And only now I've realised I spelled euphemism wrong! :roll: )

Casplen's suggestion of naming a toilet "Great Fairy Fountain" has also been entered.

The Knight entertainer is now much more significantly stylish, as he is now known as Groose. Thank you Kess for the suggestion

Another name, or rather set of names, suggested by Vtheyoshi has been given to the Hyrule Handymen, after the six (excluding Tetra and technically Link) pirates from Wind Waker

Remember the mechanic who saved the soon-to-be- exploded "Galloping Eponas" carousel? I have taken it upon myself to name him Barnes, after the bomb shop owner in Twilight Princess. The second mechanic is now named Alfonzo, the engineer from Spirit Tracks.

So here we are (sort of)! Construction has now begun on the Mushroom Kingdom. I admit, it doesn't look like much so far, but that's because it's difficult trying to make a stand-alone style for the area. As you can see, I've messed around with some scenery, eventually making what look like some decent Brick Blocks and ? Blocks...

...whereas the largest mountain in this area I've decided on a Star Road design. I think the giant pixel art Power Stars are good, but...

... I'm having difficulty with the peak. The peak will most definitely house a Rainbow Ride/Road Rollercoaster, but I'm trying to make it so that it doesn't just look like a giant dirt block rising from the ground. The black wall and yellow blobs I'm trying to make look like a night sky, with the yellow blobs being distant stars. It's not looking great, but I will see what I can do :?

Twitter

OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:02 pm

Loving Groose and the pirate entertainers.

The Mushroom Kingdom stars are great too, will stuff be built around them? Didn't realise you could do full pixel art like that!

SupaWaluigi

Post by SupaWaluigi » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:05 pm

Come on guys, I this thread can't have lost interest already!

Anyways, the Mushroom Kingdom park area is coming along nicely now. Really enjoying trying to figure out the best way to make things look.

And the one ride everybody wants to see has been built. A simple Mario Kart track called "Donut Plains" (based on Donut Plains 3). Now I know a lot of you wanted to see a Rainbow Road kart track, but as I've explained before, I think a Rainbow Ride rollercoaster would be fitting, considering the many more building options you can get when building rollercoasters.

Another angle of the track.

As for smaller rides that can be built here, I thought a circus would be quite fitting. Especially when it's based on the circus from Mario Party 8, which is why it is called "BallyHoo and Big Top's Circus"

Now, this ride is a bit of a stretch, as it doesn't look like what it is meant to look like. This ride (in game) is called a "Dinosaur Egg ride", so I immediately knew it would fit if I linked it with Yoshi, hence why it's called "Broken Yoshi Eggs". It's not the greatest Nintendo representation, but I think the adjacent "Stuffed Yoshis" toy stall fares better!

Some new food and drink stalls have also been built: a pizza shop and soft drinks shop. Not sure what they should be called though, all I know is that Mario and Luigi's Italian heritage is displayed by having a pizza shop in the Mushroom Kingdom :lol:

However, the hat stalls have a much more simpler idea and name behind them: Red "M Hats" and Green "L Hats"!

And finally, a new transport system has started to take shape, soon to be shuttling passengers into each area. Once each area has things in them first, of course, which is why it is currently on shuttle mode between the Mushroom Kingdom and Hyrule. Notice the red and grey NES console motif (I thought that was rather clever of me, if I do say so myself)

And that does it for now. As usual, more information kiosks and toilets have been built in the Mushroom Kingdom, so they also need some names, along with a couple of Mushroom Kingdom handymen and mechanics

Twitter

OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:17 pm

I post, and then suddenly update (and a big one too). Love Donut Plains especially, and the monorail looks very cool.

For the drinks store, Power Up drinks maybe?

SupaWaluigi

Post by SupaWaluigi » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:25 pm

Yes, I like it, good name.

Sorry about the immediate post :lol: It takes some time to get everything right, so I didn't see your post until after I submitted, OR

Twitter

DarkRula
NNID: DarkRula
Xbox Gamertag: DarkRula
Steam ID: DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:47 pm

Park's coming along nicely. Looks like it's popular too.

Kesskuron
NNID: Kesskuron
3DS Friend Code: 167643044135
PSN ID: Kesskuras
Steam ID: Kesskuron

Post by Kesskuron » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:12 pm

Donut plains is cool
Could put one of the min golf things in and make it mario golf
I can see one of the observatory towers being red and white like toad

Vtheyoshi

Post by Vtheyoshi » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:54 pm

dude, this is looking awesome

Since this is Mario themed, you could call the pizza joint "Fry Guy's Pizza Place", Fry Guy being the fat Shy Guy eho loves food from Paper Mario
Or you could go for the less obscure rout and call it "Mario and Luigi's Pizza"

MAL
Deviantart (trying to be more active nowadays, views are always appreciated) UPDATED 21/06/17

Jezo
NNID: Super_Jezo
3DS Friend Code: 4811-6932-4056
Xbox Gamertag: J3Z0
Steam ID: Jezo

Post by Jezo » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:47 am

There needs to be a Kakariko Fried Cucco somewhere too.
Avvy goes up to #110 Weezing

SupaWaluigi

Post by SupaWaluigi » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:39 pm

A very different, yet completely linked, area has been constructed in the Mushroom Kingdom!

A creepy, haunted, scary place for guests to go on not very thrilling rides...

However, a highly asked for ride to appear in a real Nintendo Theme Park is located here: a Luigi's Mansion ride! Took some time to get the scenery right, and I'm still not sure I like the look of it myself, but it has turned out alright. Although, it did crash at least 3 times during testing! :shock:

A view of it from the back. The little doors actually open when a car goes through them.

And an underground view, made to emulate a basement sort-of-thing.

The creepy scary theme is continued with this giant spider ride. Not sure what to call it though, so suggestions please.

A simple haunted house guests walk through, so naturally I called it "Ghost House", as seen in Super Mario World and subsequent Mario games.

Whilst thinking about Vtheyoshi's naming ideas, I decided to construct a Fries stall and call it "Fry Guy Fries", as it rolls of the tongue and fits as the shop's name...

...However, the pizza shop is still a bit generic Mario though, having given up and calling it "Papa Mario's Pizza Parlour" instead

And thanks to OR for the Soft drinks stall name: "Power Up Energy Drinks", giving guests more energy to stay in the park FOREVER!!

That does it for this update. I'm starting to realise how compact I make my parks, something I need to work on so we can fill up more of Nintendo Land at a greater rate!

Twitter

Troggy
NNID: Ultramegatrogdor
3DS Friend Code: 0989-1858-5244

Post by Troggy » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:29 pm

Looking good so far! Loving Hyrule, especially.

Needs more Kirby, though. Next update, perhaps?
SONM Robot Wars
"are you actually braindead or do you just really enjoy batman's penis in your mouth" - Decretum

Vtheyoshi

Post by Vtheyoshi » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:55 pm

It would be really cool if you included a full view of the map with every few updates as a kind of progress tracker
And yeah, I wasn't too sure about the names I suggested as well hahaha, but the names you gave the food stalls are a lot better than mine

MAL

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:27 am

This is great.
You could name the spider ride after Gohma.

OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:15 am

Vtheyoshi wrote:It would be really cool if you included a full view of the map with every few updates as a kind of progress tracker
This would be very nice

SupaWaluigi

Post by SupaWaluigi » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:29 pm

A little mini update for you guys, mainly in response to Troggy, who wanted to see something Kirby related.

But before that, you guys also wanted to see a Park Progress Overview to see how far it has come from it's early beginnings...

As you can see, Nintendo Land is filling up nicely. I wouldn't say we are even at the halfway point though, maybe just under, as there is still plenty of space to fill in. I have another little area planned between the Luigi's Mansion area and Kirby Ride, but I won't reveal that just yet ;)

Now, the Kirby ride has proven to be a challenge on many levels. For one, I don't know a lot about Kirby, having only played Kirby and the Amazing Mirror on my 3DS and learning about the Kirby Universe mainly from Smash Bros, so I wasn't too sure how to represent the character and games in ride form. Secondly, you can now see that I'm not the best rollercoaster builder when it comes to the larger rollercoasters, being more spread out and open, rather than compact and twisty-turny like most coasters. And lastly, it is proving difficult to get scenery right as well. My initial idea was to place different food scenery around the ride, however I have only found chocolate and candy canes in the scenery list. Although, I am proud of the Pixel Art Kirby, with the main feature of the ride being...

...the coaster train gets swallowed by Kirby! That was the big idea behind the ride constuction, which has turned out perfectly.

As for the ride stats, they're alright. Generally in RCT2, to have a successful coaster, you ideally want to have the excitement levels Medium - Very High, whilst the intensity levels and nausea levels low. In stat terms, the Kirby ride is pretty good, with the excitement levels high and nausea low, but with high intensity, don't expect a full queue at any time (and especially with the positive vertical G's in the red!)

But that's a little mini update for now. Will continue working on the overall look of the ride (I think colour scheme is pretty good at the moment, mainly scenery needs working on). Oh, and as always, it needs a name. We are probably all thinking it should be called Kirby's Air Ride (at least I am anyway), but the only problem with that is it doesn't quite make any sense. I mean, I've coloured the trains yellow/gold to make them look like Superstars, but then it doesn't make sense as to why a giant Kirby would swallow one (But then again, this whole park is based on fictional, imaginative game franchises anyway :lol: )

Twitter

OrangeRakoon

Re: Nintendo Land - RCT2 Project - *MINI Update #1*

Post by OrangeRakoon » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:44 pm

That Kirby ride is awesome, and also gigantic compared to the other rides we have seen so far! Love the pixel art kirby/getting swallowed idea, and I think it might look best from the entire park zoomed out view where you can still clearly see kirby.

Kirby's Air Ride makes perfect sense as the name to me!

Jezo
NNID: Super_Jezo
3DS Friend Code: 4811-6932-4056
Xbox Gamertag: J3Z0
Steam ID: Jezo

Re: Nintendo Land - RCT2 Project - *MINI Update #1*

Post by Jezo » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:56 pm

Kirby Tilt n' Tumble Bumper Cars? 8}
Avvy goes up to #110 Weezing