Nintendo Land - RCT2 Project - Final Update...*

The Super ONM Archives - Where good threads go to die.
SupaWaluigi
NNID: Koopa96
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7126-6522
Steam ID: SupaWaluigi

Re: Nintendo Land - RCT2 Project - *MINI Update #1*

Post by SupaWaluigi » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:51 pm

Haven't really done much more since earlier today, mainly took the time to enjoy and take in what we have created so far, so this is more of a MINI Update 1.5. Also, looking around on the internet, there are, or rather were some other Nintendo Land RCT projects, which I missed when I was first playing with the idea of doing it myself. And, to get a little more inspiration, I watched a ScrewAttack video on the top 15 things they want from a real Nintendo Park. Some things are very difficult to do for RCT2, such as trying to represent Pokemon, but I particularly like how they proposed a Yoshi/Kirby kids zone, since we have made an extreme Kirby
rollercoaster! :lol:

Anyway, MINI Update 1.5 initiate!:

I'm now satisfied with the addition of more toned down scenery surrounding the now called "Kirby's Air Ride". The trees just add that feel of how a Kirby adventure normally starts: through simple plains or woods, and the food objects here and there add a little reference and emphasis on Kirby's appetite (so much so, he eats a coaster train full of people!) Not only that, but I have converted this (below) music to work in the game, which makes "Kirby's Air Ride" one of the best rides in the park currently! More on Park music in the next major update though...

Added a few shops as well. Despite the rollercoaster having a low nausea rate, I still constructed a first aid room for guests to hurl at their hearts content, but named it "You've Ate Enough Centre" to link in with the food/Kirby theme. Then we have "Balloon Kirby" balloons, coloured pink, "Cotton Kirby Candy" and "King Dedede Drinks" (not very imaginative that last one, but it can be subject to name change)

There is now a Monorail station inside Peach's Castle, and proving to very popular indeed.

Decided to name the sub-sandwich shop in Castle Town "Master Sandwiches", trying to play on the Master Sword name, seeing as sub-sandwiches are long like swords

As per Kess' request (despite being fairly late) there is now a hat stall in Castle Town called the "Happy Mask Shop", coloured purple as it is selling the most dangerous mask of all: Majora's Mask!

Decided to figure out how the path for Star Road would reach the peak, then built a couple of things at the top, leaving some room for the the Rainbow Ride Coaster...

So, we have a Ferris wheel called "Star Wheel", facing into the park to get a good, high-up view...

And a couple of utilities, which have surprisingly been named on the spot: "Star Toilet" (again, not very imaginative on my part) and "The Observatory", getting a little Mario Galaxy reference in.

Decided to name some staff as well. The mechanic patrolling the Luigi's Mansion area is now called "Professor E.Gadd", whilst the mechanic and handyman patrolling Peach's Castle are simply now "Toad mechanic" and "Toad handyman".

As always, stay tuned more updates, and keep suggesting ride ideas, names, games or franchises you would like to be represented etc

Game Geek - Film Fan - Lanky

YouTube: SupaWaluigi
Twitter

Kesskuron
NNID: Kesskuron
3DS Friend Code: 167643044135
PSN ID: Kesskuras
Steam ID: Kesskuron

Re: Nintendo Land - RCT2 Project - *MINI Update #1.5*

Post by Kesskuron » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:12 pm

Out of curiosity, how did you convert the kirby music?

You definitely need a DK section at some point

Bix
NNID: Wiitabix
3DS Friend Code: 5429-6832-2984
PSN ID: Deadspace-Maniac
Steam ID: Deadspacemaniac

Post by Bix » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:25 am

Kesskuron wrote:
You definitely need a DK section at some point
What Kess says ... with a minecart style coaster please.
Wishing my SONM friends a very happy & successful Q3 in gaming
TIME !

SupaWaluigi

Post by SupaWaluigi » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:35 am

Kesskuron wrote:Out of curiosity, how did you convert the kirby music?
Well, it is actually mentioned in the ReadME files of the game, but essentially it's broken down into about 4 steps:

Step 1. Download song or piece of music through YouTube Converter
Step 2. Using Audacity, import the downloaded music file, making sure to change the Hz to 22050Hz
Step 3. Export the new music file as .WAV, PCM Format, 16 bit, stereo, and naming it either Custom 1 or Custom 2 (There are only 2 custom slots for the game). What's easier for me is that it is the default option when first exporting
Step 4. Copy or move the new WAV file into the Data folder of RCT2

And then it will be there in game. The only annoying thing is, especially for our Nintendo Land park, is that the limit of only 2 custom music slots means we can't have each ride playing their own respective theme song or piece of music.

And don't worry about a Donkey Kong ride. That is the next ride on the list. I eluded to it in MINI Update 1.5, it's gonna go in the gap between "Kirby's Air Ride" and "Luigi's Mansion"

Twitter

SupaWaluigi

Re: Nintendo Land - RCT2 Project - *Update #4 - DK Mine Cart

Post by SupaWaluigi » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:28 am

Here we go, a big request has been answered, and it has turned out better than expected!

I present to you: Donkey Kong Country! Located between the Mushroom Kingdom, Star Road, Luigi's Mansion and Kirby's Air Ride.

This was a fairly difficult build. Had to test it several times, and even delete the whole ride once, simply because the intensity levels were too high. However, this particular mine cart ride is naturally high in intensity, due to tight turns, steep drops, and the main feature of the trains, they tilt as they go around corners (exactly why the ride is perfect to represent DKC!). The scenery is good and varied, mainly jungle trees, however there are plenty of barrels dotted around the place, and even some Piranha Plant-like foliage as well. As always, it needs a name, most likely named after a mine cart level in one of the DKC games.

In terms of ride stats, it's still really high in intensity, yet excitement rating is also very high to combat that. And despite the high intensity, I'm surprised that there is a full queue already!

These were a must for the area, since the ride has a high nausea rating, so hopefully there won't be too much internal mess from the guests all over the path.

Also decided to connect it up to the pathway leading to Kirby's Air Ride, just for more convenience for the guests.

Hidden among the jungle foliage and at the very end of the ride is a small DK initials sign, to emphasise who's area this is.

And I just noticed what the in-game year is. Nintendo Land has been open for 24 years already, and it's only half done!
Last edited by SupaWaluigi on Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twitter

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Re: Nintendo Land - RCT2 Project - *Update #4 - DK Mine Cart

Post by OrangeRakoon » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:52 am

That looks awesome, great job. Love the theming and all the terrain variation in the ride.

SupaWaluigi

Re: Nintendo Land - RCT2 Project - *Update #5 - Rainbow Road

Post by SupaWaluigi » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:42 pm

One of the parks defining rides, both here in RCT2 and if there was a Nintendo Land in real life, has been built. But first, here's another Park Progress Overview...

The whole bottom left - left sides of the park are pretty much complete now. Very few large rides will crop up here now since room is scarce, but that does not mean we won't be revisiting these areas in future updates, as there are still many rides and shops/stalls that still need to be named, and plenty more gentle and thrill rides that won't fit in other areas can be constructed here later by your requests.

HERE IT IS: Rainbow Road! Another complicated rollercoaster build, especially because it's essentially in reverse, no lift chains at the start, mostly at the end of the ride, in order for the train to make it back to the station.

A closer look at the coaster. The game only allows 4 alternate colour schemes per piece of track, so it is mainly blue, red, yellow and green for the main body of the track, with different coloured rails on the edges. Also, tried to make up for this limitation by having a multicoloured coaster train as well.

I seem to have a knack for building very intense rides, but that is not stopping the guests at all!

At the entrance to Star Road, a couple of food and drink shops have been constructed: Star Bits Popcorn and Extra Life Soda. The Extra Life Soda is especially important as guests have a long, steep trip ahead of them if they want to go on the rides at the peak :lol:

And to finish it all off, a little swinging ship ride called Bowser's Airship, complete with dark, evil castle scenery (I need to find the animated fire scenery as well, it would be perfect here)

As always, stay tuned in to this thread for more updates. And keep suggesting ideas and names, I feel like this thread is losing steam a little since very few people regularly comment and participate. ALL ARE WELCOME HERE IN NINTENDO LAND!!! :mrgreen:

Twitter

OrangeRakoon

Re: Nintendo Land - RCT2 Project - *Update #5 - Rainbow Ride

Post by OrangeRakoon » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:11 pm

That rainbow road looks insane. And therefore it matches rainbow road perfectly. I wouldn't worry about it only having four colours - it's still obvious enough that it's a rainbow!

Bowser's Airship is spot-on too!

DarkRula
NNID: DarkRula
Xbox Gamertag: DarkRula
Steam ID: DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:44 pm

Ooh, yeah. Those new rides look great. It's a shame we couldn't have something F-Zero related. There are toboggan rides you can have, right? I think that might be good for an F-Zero related track.

danbish
NNID: TheFatPlumber
3DS Friend Code: 0920-1615-5762
Xbox Gamertag: Emerald Eagle
Steam ID: TheFatPlumber

Post by danbish » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:42 pm

Rainbow Road/Ride looks stunning, major kudos to you! I'd love to see a warp pipe section, maybe bumper cars or something like that. And an area for Metroid too.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:04 pm

Lovin the rainbow road and Bowser's ship.

Here's an idea: two giant Pong drop towers, at either side of the park.

Or if Pong isn't Nintendo-y enough, they could be Tetris drop towers.

Kesskuron

Post by Kesskuron » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:15 pm

DarkRula wrote:Ooh, yeah. Those new rides look great. It's a shame we couldn't have something F-Zero related. There are toboggan rides you can have, right? I think that might be good for an F-Zero related track.
The toboggan ride would work as a white land track, although obviously mute city is the one everyone knows

Would be interesting to see a pikmin area
No idea what should go in it other than the freefall thing in reference to olimar's ship though
Would be nice and scenic though, i'm sure there are giant plants in rc2 that'd be pikminesque

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:29 pm

Kesskuron wrote:
DarkRula wrote:Ooh, yeah. Those new rides look great. It's a shame we couldn't have something F-Zero related. There are toboggan rides you can have, right? I think that might be good for an F-Zero related track.
The toboggan ride would work as a white land track, although obviously mute city is the one everyone knows

Would be interesting to see a pikmin area
No idea what should go in it other than the freefall thing in reference to olimar's ship though
Would be nice and scenic though, i'm sure there are giant plants in rc2 that'd be pikminesque
Maybe the Pikmin area could be a giant maze, to make it seem like we're the Pikmin lost in a giant garden and then there could be animatronic Bulborbs at different parts of the maze. And some days scavenger hunts could be held there, where we must find the different items the Pkimin discover like batteries or those red circles with Number Ones on them. Olimar's ship would be at the other side of the maze (where you come out at the end). We could go in it for one of those motion ride things, with a screen showing us "flying" through the Pikmin universe. And at night time, when the park is closing, the ship could be lifted into the sky to make it look like Olimar's flying away.
The Pikmin's bulb-shaped ship could also be there, next to Olimar's. It would be used as a shop with Pikmin plushies.

Wrathy

Post by Wrathy » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:59 pm

This is an awesome idea and really well executed! So kudos to you for that. Love the DK mine ride in particular. :)

As a point of trivia I did a similar thing in RCT3 once, based on ONM and the forums, but this is way better than that ever was.

SupaWaluigi

Re: Nintendo Land - RCT2 Project - *Update #6 - Hyrule Revis

Post by SupaWaluigi » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:43 pm

Heading back over to Hyrule for this update. Plenty more rides have been built, but first a (bit skewed) Park Progress Overview, #3 to be exact.

Doesn't look like much has changed, has it? But the Lost Woods is now a bit more, well, woody, whilst also becoming full of rides and paths.

Here is the next major rollercoaster, albeit very similar to the Jousting Knights coaster. Another horse-themed one, however this takes us through several areas of Hyrule. It starts in Lon Lon Ranch...

...Gallops through Hyrule Castle itself...

...Rounds into and through the Lost Woods...

...And finishes back in Lon Lon Ranch. Of course, guests are riding Epona carts, taking them through their very own Legend of Zelda adventure!

And the stats are pretty good as well. This is going to very popular with park goers.

Just outside the ranch, there are a couple of shops and stalls. We have an information kiosk named after Tatl the fairy, Epona Toys Souvenir Stall, and the Lon Lon Ranch Fairy Fountain Toilet.

Not only that, but we have a couple of developments behind Hyrule Castle, one being a swinging pirate ship, in King of Red Lions colours, called The Great Sea Adventure.

But nearby, we have Kakariko Village being constructed, housing a few more shops and stalls!

Now, despite being a little too early for this, I decided to build a transport system to get from Hyrule to the soon-to-be Space themed area, and what better theme to go for than Spirit Tracks.

As you can see, Not much to see here. Guests who get off here immediately have to get back on for now.

Also been trying to figure out a good, mountain-y way to build a path up the side of Death Mountain. I do have chairlifts, but I'm gonna save them for the other mountain as it will fit in better.

Oh, Bowser's Airship has much more added FIREpower now (See what I did there? 8-) )

That's it for Update #6. Reading your posts about a Pikmin themed area and rides, I really like them, but I need to think about a really good way of representing it. The idea of having a maze makes sense and works incredibly well, and now that the Lost Woods is full of coasters, trains and pathways, I think the maze will be perfect.

And once Pikmin work is underway, the rest of the Space area will follow.......

Twitter

Kesskuron

Post by Kesskuron » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:03 pm

What's that sneaky little water section for eh
Cos the jet skis could easily be wave race

Troggy
NNID: Ultramegatrogdor
3DS Friend Code: 0989-1858-5244

Post by Troggy » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:38 pm

Hang on a tick. I found out that RCT2 has princess entertainers. With that in mind, why don't you add entertainers of Peach, Zelda and Rosalina to the park? Would make for a nice little addition.
SONM Robot Wars
"are you actually braindead or do you just really enjoy batman's penis in your mouth" - Decretum

Bix

Post by Bix » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:37 am

Wow so much work since I last checked in here. I'm wondering if you're gonna have room for anything Splatoon themed. Possibly a water slide would be fitting.. even though Splatoon squids die in water..

Love the fire on Bowsers Castle .. perhaps a little at the edges of the ride to entertain the queueing guests or at the place where the queue starts to get them hyped?
TIME !

OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:49 am

More fire = better

Zelda area best area though. You should put some fire around the path leading up death mountain too maybe?

SupaWaluigi

Re: Nintendo Land - RCT2 Project - *Super MINI Update!*

Post by SupaWaluigi » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:36 pm

I just really wanted to share this little idea I had. Whilst trying to figure out how to start on the next big update, I made this little shop/guest stop area:

A little scenic Animal Crossing Village!

Filled with shops named after those featured in the game, we have:
- Town Hall = information kiosk
- Nook's Cranny = Souvenir Stall
- Able Sisters = T shirt stand
- The Roost = Coffee shop
- Reset Centre = Toilet (my thinking behind that one is that you "Reset" your bowels...)

However, for food, I thought this Funnel Cake shop fitted in nicely, but I cannot think of a name for it, so it is up to you guys :D

Twitter

SupaWaluigi

Post by SupaWaluigi » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:04 pm

Well eton mess.

One of the few things I absolutely worry about when doing this project has finally happened. I have been constructing one of the new areas with one of the absolute major rides in for at least 2 hours now. I am playing RCT2 and uploading stuff on my laptop (I do not have a decent PC and this laptop is pretty old and decrepit now), and the battery is pretty much dead, so needs to constantly be charged.

And guess what?! My mum comes in, starts cleaning stuff up, and accidentally unplugs the charging unit, shutting down my laptop immediately! And to make matters worse, I hadn't saved since that MINI update above!

So, the moral of this story is I need to save often and make backups. I'm sorry, but the next major update will probably uploaded tomorrow...

Twitter

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:08 pm

That's why my mother's locked up in a basement somewhere.

Animal Crossing village is adorable.

DarkRula
NNID: DarkRula
Xbox Gamertag: DarkRula
Steam ID: DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:15 pm

Number one rule of games and apps that everyone forgets. Save things during and not just at the end.
Good little village.

Nintendonator3000

Post by Nintendonator3000 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:09 pm

This park is insanely awesome - ages ago me and a friend tried to design a Nintendo park but it came nothing close to the scale of this. Really liking the different areas - Metroid would be cool if you could make it work.
Ever since joining the original ONM I've been a huge Nintendo fan (specifically Zelda) and am looking forward to some great discussions. I was previously known as Lego Master

Bix

Post by Bix » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:06 am

I forgot say, I'm very impressed with the Mine Cart ride! Also the sheer volume of attractions. Keep it up and this park is going to break the number of guests record for sure.
TIME !