What do we play the most? 3DS - Final Chart COMPLETE

The Super ONM Archives - Where good threads go to die.
Scapegoat
PSN ID: UploadedNetwork

Re: What do we play the most? 3DS - Last few days for any ti

Post by Scapegoat » Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:57 pm

1: Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth - 178:51
2: Pokemon Omega Ruby - 102:36
3: Mario Kart 7 - 57:07
4: TLOZ: ALBW - 42:37
5: Pokemon X - 40:05
6: ACNL - 39:05
7: SSF43D - 15:25
8: SSB4 - 5:02
9: SM3DWorld - 3:08
10: Pokemon Rumble - 0:54

Bix
NNID: Wiitabix
3DS Friend Code: 5429-6832-2984
PSN ID: Deadspace-Maniac
Steam ID: Deadspacemaniac

Re: What do we play the most? 3DS - Monday 10PM = Final Char

Post by Bix » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:44 pm

All being well .. despite a little delay, in just over an hour there will be a final top 20. Think I'll also post it at the end of the thread in keeping with other similar threads we used to have back on ONM.

Here I want to mention 4 games that came close and had me double check and even triple check my excel spreadsheet:

So it is with a tear in my eye that we say goodbye to TWEWY. It is all down to the new rule that penalises a game only played by 1 user, but TWEWY has been with us until this point. I wondered what would happen right up until tonight.

Super Street Fighter 4 got very close. It started our beloved handheld on its journey and was only a few hours away from a little thank you from us. I'll mention it here and give it a tiny wave from the edge of the charts.

I was a bit surprised but not bowled over by the fact that Bravely Default didn't manage to strengthen its wings and fly into our final chart. It was a bit niche and bit of old meets new but some loved it, including myself .. fly on you fantasy fairy.. "so long".

One that was a hair's bredth away from new found greatness, Fantasy Life. A late starter in terms of user posts, but can feel proud of its acknowledgement as the closest game and on my stats came in at number 21.

Some surprises for me in those 4. Now to piece together the 20 that remain... more surprises (whats gonna finish where?)
Last edited by Bix on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
Wishing my SONM friends a very happy & successful Q3 in gaming
TIME !

Bix

Re: What do we play the most? 3DS - Monday MIDNIGHT: Final C

Post by Bix » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:40 am

So anyways as this is at an end and e3 is upon us .. (Just the way I always plan this) .. We can now see our lovely final chart. I'll add it here for ease of use and maybe add a comment if anything springs to mind ;)

I should start this by saying a quick farewell to Pokemon Shuffle & Mario & Luigi: Dream Team .. Shuffle had posted times to start with but fizzled out towards the end. Dream Team was a surprise entry in the penultimate chart and didn't last :(

Now for the nitty gritty.

20 -

I tipped this to pip A Link Between World's at the final stage, but this, the latest port of a fabulous N64 gem, clings on by the teeth of the evil moon to just secure a top 20 slot. Combined total 172 hours.

19 -

Well I was surprised to this platforming star, enter with a giant leap at the final flag pole. 100% is what pushes some people on in a game like this. Accumulated total = approx. 172 hours (with a few more minutes than our green capped wonder from Hyrule).

18 -

A re-entry and no easy task so late in the day. If a franchise can pull off a trick like that it is indeed the one with pocket monsters. The earliest of the DS Pokemon games also makes it onto the most played list of its successor. Final total, 178 hours.

17 -

Mario seemingly infuriated by the expulsion of Dream Team, doubles his rewards by appearing twice. New Super Mario Bros. 2 had far more coins than most games care to dream about. 3 users have spent 180 hours searching for all of them.

16 -

Link masterfully swishes his sword through some tough opposition to end up climbing vines and finishing in 16th place. 187 hours all in.

15 -

Phoenix Wright .. The power in his hand and mind has given him a place in our most played. I certainly wasn't expecting the courtroom legend to continue up the charts .. I don't have an objection to it either though. Accumulated time of 214 hours.

14 -

Very strong finish from the trainers of Pokemon and lovers of this franchise. It was made for the DS, but backwards compatibility means you can catch all of your favourites again on the new machine. Or see what you missed if you didn't play it back then. Lugia and Ho-Oh are so unforgettable I'm not sure I ever will. 215 hours altogether.

13 -

Water battling on our hand helds .. for some now a distant memory, with the newer MH version on the scene ... The chance to take your home console created hunter out and about was very good though .. 350 hours, gives MH3U a place .. but not one within the top 10.

12 -

Pokemon is phenomenal, people go crazy for it .. we are no different. Black and White 2 combines 438 hours and 7 user times.

11 -

Will this be the highest Pokemon title on the final list? 516 combined hours from everyone who has it in their top 10 almost gave it a glorious overall top 10 finish.

This is the 'business end'

Image -

Water battling removed .. "now ride on the back of the monsters!" like you're in an insane rodeo of death ?! Capcom made a wise move and did themselves proud .. we get to benefit from their great work. 571 hours was enough to guarantee it finishes 10th .. I give MH4U a gun lance blast salute.. bravo hunters.

Image -

Gotta catch em all .. thats what we try to do anyway .. thats why so many folks get each and every version .. marvellous rework, appreciated by SONM forum members. 13 times and 618 hours.

Image -

Kid Icarus emerges victorious from a few heated battles in our charts with some battle hardened Monster Hunters. Its fast paced and with a brilliant soundtrack, its well worth a look if you haven't already. You could add to the 719 hours already accumulated for next year ..

Image -

Turnbased Battle Strategy with emotional touches and a story to suck you in. If you like to think before you act and plan your approach carefully to devastating effect, then this could well be the game for you. Its place in our top 10 was never in question.. pushing beyond 1000 hours at 1138. Nicely done FE: Awakening.

Image -

Great little games on the go + swapping puzzle pieces, and more .. Free recreational software expertly designed to appeal to our collector instincts. I wondered if this would make the top 10. Well when the bell rang Street Pass Mii Plaza had become the highest climber of the final chart, moving from 11 to 6 and even knocking Fire Emblem down a notch. 10 users have a combined total hours of 1234. Kudos goes to those that Street Pass.

Best game of all time? It has been masterfully ported to our handhelds for yet more people to appreciate. 1342 hours total from 16 times.

Cartoon Link meets up with Big Link for a cosy 'chat and some bants' .. yep you guessed correctly its S S B. Handheld for the very first time, very very entertaining, Ninten-do try things. This 'thing' works lovely in our card slot. 1716 hrs.

Before we went upside down, we had the chance to fly for the first time. 'Mario Kart always delivers' Mario Kart 7 was no exception to that rule. Maintaining its height for the last leg of its journey with 2097 hours.

X & Y, I think X had the better legendary .. but Y had the cooler looking one (lets be honest). Second place for most users .. who, between them all, have 2529 hours. Very Impressive to claw its way to 2nd against some tough opposition .. ( a new challenger - SSB, and a console staple - MK)

It was (for me at least) all about the music. In my house, in the club, on the boat or even in my back room club at the museum. I have such a varied selection of crazy music. Even walking around gives you a relaxing little ditty. I also think everyone is able to find their own favourite thing in this game. Plan projects, go on trips, invite friends, grow stuff .. if we say its 'horses for courses' ? ..... this is Red Rum in the Grand National for 3DS creationists.

5972 hours .. THATS SOME GOOSEBERRY FOOL AMOUNT OF HOURS!

Easier to count who didn't play it than the total, but that total would be 29.

So for one person thats over half a year with no time to sleep, eat or anything else ..
Last edited by Bix on Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
TIME !

Kriken
FKA liberal

Re: What do we play the most? 3DS - Final Chart COMPLETE

Post by Kriken » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:59 am

Good job Bix.

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:47 am

Good job Bix, that play time for Animal Crossing New Leaf is amazing!

Icarus1497
NNID: Natty_T
3DS Friend Code: 1160 9854 7866

Post by Icarus1497 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:24 am

Lugia and Ho Ho are so unforgettable
Ironic much? I'm sure Ho Ho would appreciate having it's name changed!

But as above, good job Bix.
Last edited by Icarus1497 on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bix

Post by Bix » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:43 am

oopsy .. it was 1am and I was hallucinating, seeing numbers and whatnot spinning in front of me :mrgreen:

A few fun little facts:

87 games in total comprising:

19 download only

& 13 DS Full Release titles. Some of these downloaded games and DS versions even made it into the top 20 (6 were left at the end).

Edit: Sorted that little error, hehe (or should that be ho ho).
TIME !

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:46 am

Good stuff putting this together Bix!

DarkRula
NNID: DarkRula
Xbox Gamertag: DarkRula
Steam ID: DarkRula

Re: What do we play the most? 3DS - early chart done!

Post by DarkRula » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:54 am

Well, that is an interesting result. It's good to keep track of play time, and also to see what are the most popular games people play.
If anyone's interested, I managed to track, roughly, the times from last year. So, 2011, 2012, 2013, Jan-14, Feb-14, Mar-14, Apr-14, and May-14 were the times from the activity log I used, and came up with this.

Mario Kart 7 - 281.98
Animal Crossing: New Leaf - 129
Pokemon White - 80.09
Sonic Lost World - 71.60
Pokemon Black 2 - 51.09

The only thing that changed was one Pokemon title was swapped out for another between 2014 and 2015.
Nofes wrote:
DarkRula wrote:4 - Sonic Lost World - 78:12
s'cuse me
Which makes that number seem small, considering how much I actually played it over a year.

Bix

Post by Bix » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:25 pm

78 hours is a great time for a Sonic game .. You can't be far off 100% I'm betting or maybe even onto a second playthrough afterwards.

I prefer my Sonic in short bursts to break up a game I'm spending too long with. Sonic and all that rushing about helps to cut down on the emotional immersion thats going on in a lot of my chosen games (rpg's, jrpg's etc).
TIME !

euan707
NNID: Cameron
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2551-9050

Post by euan707 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:28 pm

Nice to note that around a quarter of the MK7 time came from me. Glad to know I achieved something with that game...
Last Man Standing
What Did We Play? - WiiU

swarf
NNID: liam23

Post by swarf » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:32 pm

Thanks for putting this together :mrgreen:
Currently Mainly Playing:
Switch: Arms and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

DarkRula
NNID: DarkRula
Xbox Gamertag: DarkRula
Steam ID: DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:26 pm

Bix, I completed the main story, and got all the chaos emeralds, but I don't really go in for the 100%ing of games. Most of that has probably just been revisiting levels, as that's what I do. Heroes, Adventure, Generations. No restarts, just replaying levels.
I think I'm like that on most games.

Bix

Post by Bix » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:16 am

Ah cool .. I am toying with picking up Generations for the 3DS. I haven't played much of the recent Sonic stuff.

Referring to our charts, it was almost a Poke-take over. Even Heartgold and Soulsilver showed up at the end. It had replaced Pokemon Shuffle though, so we could have had even more.
TIME !

Zanreo

Post by Zanreo » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:55 pm

Alright, here's my Top 10 games. (Not counting Streetpass Mii Plaza, which is the top one at 211.02, or non-game things. What can I say, I get to streetpass people a lot.)

1. Animal Crossing: New Leaf (102.53)
2 Tomodachi Life (92.05)
3. Mario & Luigi Dream Team (55.34)
4 NSMB2 (46.12) (just had to grind for those 1 million coins...)
5 Pokémon Omega Ruby (37.45)
6 Pokémon Y (34. 56)
7 Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (33.29)
8 Fantasy Life (32.42)
9 Picross e (29.56) (I think I left this on standby a lot? That would explain it)
10. Elite Beat Agents (27.47)

As for average play times, just for fun:
1 Kirby Triple Deluxe (1.39)
2 Layton vs Phoenix Wright (1.32)
3 Super Scribblenauts (1.26)
4 Zelda: Link Between Worlds (1.16)
5 Pokémon Trading Card Game (1.15)

And I've played 165 titles in total, which makes it a little over 150 if leaving out non-game apps and stuff. My individual playtimes might be low but the amount of games I play make up for it
Image My webcomic, check it out

Bix

Post by Bix » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:12 pm

Aww Zanreo .. I was gonna say a quick "you were too late" etc etc, but had your times been included then Fantasy Life would have made 16th on the list. I had given the game an honourable mention .. it deserves a little more and if your post was just a few days earlier then it would have. So much going on in that title that its likely a better position is on the cards for next time.
TIME !

Zanreo

Post by Zanreo » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:21 pm

Yeah, I just joined this forum today so couldn't have posted earlier, sorry
Image My webcomic, check it out

Bix

Post by Bix » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:35 pm

Welcome then ! 8-) Nice to see new members with good taste in 3DS games ...
TIME !