What Christmas traditions do you have?

Christmas forum 2014! Open for the entire festive season.
This subforum has now been archived, and is read only.
Ghost

What Christmas traditions do you have?

Post by Ghost » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:17 pm

Pretty self-explanatory. Mine are:

The Late Late Toy Show. Very popular show in Ireland. It's essentially a glossy 40-minute long commercial, but features celeb appearances, musical numbers and typical Irish craic.

Always putting up the tree on the 8th.

My birthday.

"Sleepwalking" on Christmas Eve night. (When I was younger, I used to sleep walk a lot. One Christmas, when I was twelve, I was sleepwalking and my dad had a fit. Ever since, I've pretended to sleep walk on Christmas Eve.

Home Alone marathon.

Playing "The Final Countdown" on New Year's Eve.

Ploiper
NNID: ploiper
PSN ID: ploiper

Re: What Christmas traditions do you have?

Post by Ploiper » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:01 am

watching Christmas with the kranks with lots of food on Christmas eve. then just before I go to bed I will watch the Christmas special of father ted.
EAT DIRT VILE SIG OF DOOM, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:51 pm

In my house we have this tradition of putting up a christmas "tree" (it's a fake tree that looks kind of like a pine - don't ask me why) which we put "presents" under (kind of like the gifts you receive for your birthday but at christmas). Then on "christmas day" (in my house this is always on 25th december) we all open the "presents" that we have all got for each other. Then we all sit down for a christmas "dinner" where we eat "turkey" (I think this is just like a big chicken, not sure) and these weird little sausages wrapped in "bacon".

I love how everyone has these unique little family traditions, it gives so much more meaning to life.

Edd
3DS Friend Code: 2380-3173-1972
PSN ID: Eddc15
Steam ID: Eddc15

Post by Edd » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:38 pm

wtf? Are you my brother or something OR?
Mr.EE ~ Edd is the best! Edd is super hot!
arceus469 ~ Edd is just a lonely little internet bully with no friends.

TamzehVB
NNID: RedGuard587
3DS Friend Code: 068855986231

Post by TamzehVB » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:56 pm

It's kind of a recent tradition for me, but I've taken to napping during the afternoon on Christmas Day. All the alcohol I drink typically helps.
Still looking to get into Pathfinder RPG
Sig by LightSamus
Inane Ramblings

Aren142
Steam ID: Aren142

Post by Aren142 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:06 pm

I've developed a tradition of being miserable and hating my family throughout the Christmas period.

I tend to make a joke about being Santa since I'm fat and tend to wear red. Also, great big bushy beard.

I also like to mix and match desserts for Christmas dinner. By that I mean I pile ice cream onto a Yule log and then cover it in toppings and get even fatter.

I am the best at Christmas.
<Kaeetayel> Go for a team entirely composed of Eeveelutions
<Princess> that's effort
<Princess> I need to buy the stones/go to rocks/make them happy/touch Eevee
<Kaeetayel> The last one doesn't sound too bad

Mr. EE

Post by Mr. EE » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:27 pm

OrangeRakoon wrote:In my house we have this tradition of putting up a christmas "tree" (it's a fake tree that looks kind of like a pine - don't ask me why) which we put "presents" under (kind of like the gifts you receive for your birthday but at christmas). Then on "christmas day" (in my house this is always on 25th december) we all open the "presents" that we have all got for each other. Then we all sit down for a christmas "dinner" where we eat "turkey" (I think this is just like a big chicken, not sure) and these weird little sausages wrapped in "bacon".
Pfft, that'll never catch on.
Edd ~ EE is a cool guy.

Robbie

Post by Robbie » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:30 pm

Chicken. Cliché songs. Bad movies on Channel 5. Alcohol.

Fabong

Post by Fabong » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:46 pm

Acting like Santa Claus is real even though nobody in the house is young enough to believe in him has become something of a running joke in our house.

We always have a chinese takeaway on Christmas Eve too, it's a crucial part of the holiday season. We have our routines, I'm sure everyone does. Usually I am first awake but I lie in bed until my brother rises so he can be the one to go get everyone out of bed.
#ff Garf

Sabrofra
NNID: GameBoySam
3DS Friend Code: 2406-5595-5668
Steam ID: Sabrofra

Post by Sabrofra » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:54 pm

Eating a bowl of Weetabix for breakfast. It's the only Christmas tradition I have.

Nofes
NNID: noffles
3DS Friend Code: 2320 6164 3159
PSN ID: Inofa
Xbox Gamertag: Inofa
Steam ID: Inofa

Post by Nofes » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:49 pm

Bacon sandwich in the morning.

That's it.
Bucket

Dix
PSN ID: zXEpic-ToxicXz

Post by Dix » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:06 pm

Watch 'A Christmas Carol' on Christmas Eve usually with a buffet. Then Christmas day get up at like 9am, dad will be downstairs and Songs of Praise will be on the TV and then open presents after breakfast.
Youtube
Twitter
#dixformemberoftheyear

Noodle Link
3DS Friend Code: 4596-9498-2568
Steam ID: PlacidBurrito

Post by Noodle Link » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:53 pm

A Toblerone. Always a Toblerone.

Also, a Layton game every year. That's not happening this year for obvious reasons, though :c

It's only been a tradional for a couple of years but I listen to A Charlie Brown Christmas' soundtrack each Christmas day without fail. The perfect Christmas album.
You're living in a fantasy world // Last.FM // Music Collection // Tweetaboo // ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:06 pm

Dix wrote:Watch 'A Christmas Carol'
Which one?

Garf
NNID: Garfsona
PSN ID: GarfGuy
Steam ID: garfield069

Post by Garf » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:08 am

Going to christingle, then to the pub with my friends on christmas eve

Dix
PSN ID: zXEpic-ToxicXz

Post by Dix » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:05 am

GhostOfWintrfellSnow wrote:
Dix wrote:Watch 'A Christmas Carol'
Which one?
The one that steers as far away from Jim Carrey as possible. (1951 version)
Youtube
Twitter
#dixformemberoftheyear

mav

Post by mav » Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:06 pm

Stocking in my girls room, then breakfast then into the living room for the rest of the gifts.

Chrimbo morning just us then friends and family that would otherwise be alone join us for Christmas dinner.

I will then give a gift to each person that joins us for dinner just from me (my wife buys most of the gifts for the rest) including a special gift for my wife.

I will then get pished and I watch the queens speech - any dissenters are invited to shut up or leave as it is my house.

Dr Who is watched by all (again shut up or leave) and no one is able to eat anything for tea as we are all to stuffed.

My wife will then produce a cheese board which I will promptly eat far to much of.

Boxing day we will go to my Mum and Dads and eat cold turkey and chips and the girls will get spoiled rotten again as will I.

We will return home and realise everyone that joined us gave us wine (for my wife) and Cider (for me) as gifts and we have far to much of both.

The wine will last most of the year and the Cider till new year.

Day after boxing day I will buy myself anything I was hoping to get that I didn't normally WiiU/3DS games or board games.

A week later I will return to work in dire need of a detox and a diet!
Nintendo ID: Mav-i-am

Can usually be found playing, Mario Maker, MK8, MH3U, Splatoon.

Kriken
FKA liberal

Post by Kriken » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:14 pm

Now that I think about it, nothing special apart from the norm... Way to make my Christmases seem generic and mass-produced.

Noodle Link
3DS Friend Code: 4596-9498-2568
Steam ID: PlacidBurrito

Post by Noodle Link » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:15 pm

liberal wrote:Now that I think about it, nothing special apart from the norm... Way to make my Christmases seem generic and mass-produced.
SHUT DOWN THE CHRISTMAS PRODUCTION FACTORY
You're living in a fantasy world // Last.FM // Music Collection // Tweetaboo // ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Kriken
FKA liberal

Post by Kriken » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:12 pm

Row row

row101
NNID: row101
3DS Friend Code: Hello world.
PSN ID: Why are you reading?
Xbox Gamertag: Why am I typing?
Steam ID: Why are we alive?

Post by row101 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:56 pm

liberal wrote:Row row
You called?
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - George Washington

bouncer0304

Post by bouncer0304 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:17 am

I put up the decs when they come down and i'm scared how much like mam was when she used to do them lol! Mince pies are a must though. Muppets Christmas Carol is a must watch at some point- me and my sister went to the cinema to watch it last year as we missed it the first time round. We may do this again this year as we enjoyed it so much last year.
On Christmas Eve, me and my sister lay the presents out while my dad does the turkey and dinner as he enjoys it so much. Christmas morning we 're up about half 7 or 8 to open our stockings which will be full of boring but useful things. We'l then go downstairs and have breakfast and a cuppa before we open our presents. We then put a wreath on mam's grave (still no easier after 8 years) then we used to go to our local pub but that closed earlier this year sadly so we'll just come home. Me and sis will set up the table for dinner then just stuff ourselves with top of the pops on in the background which i've done for years. After dinner we open one small present then collapse and watch whatever is on the tv bar the Queens speech (no offence to anyone but my god it's boring!). Usually dad will go to bed while me and my sister will look at our presents in more detail. We'l watch a few programmes we've reminded or recorded and just repeat until bed.
Usually we go out on the 27th as cabin fever sets in. My sister will be working on the Monday to Wednesday so i'll just watch some of my films and play some games.
New Years Eve me and my sister will get up as late as possible and have a small buffet and watch Jools Holland on the tv and wait for the New Year to come in and have a drink while watching the fireworks. We usually go to bed about 2 to half 2 depending on how tired we are. New Years day is just relaxing and taking it easy.
Doesn't sound exciting but since becoming ill i don't mind it being quiet. I'm usually exhausted by the time it comes round so a rest does me the world of good. It'll be odd that my sister is working this year but on the upside i can get some gaming done. I also have a mountain of series and films to watch which will see me through until my birthday in April.

Proud to be a female gamer- doing it for the ladies ;)

Fighting Fibromyalgia one day at a time.

Mr. EE

Post by Mr. EE » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:09 pm

Ever since 2007, I've always watched Shrek the Halls on Christmas Eve. I just find it to be the perfect thing to watch on the day.
Edd ~ EE is a cool guy.