Nintendo E3 - Digital Presentation Done

June 16-18 2015 is E3! Discuss the expo and related events here.
This subforum has now been archived, and is read only.
DarkRula
NNID: DarkRula
Xbox Gamertag: DarkRula
Steam ID: DarkRula

Re: Nintendo E3 - Digital Presentation Done

Post by DarkRula » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:40 pm

Anyone else looked in on the 3DS E3 offers? Are the prices decent or not?
They're all 30% off, and owing to certain series being far out in terms of release, I was considering one of the sale games.

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:41 pm

barrybarryk wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:That's all the time they are giving to Fast Racing Neo?
Never underestimate the stupidity of NoA.

They decided not to show Devil's Third, Fatal Frame, Shantae, Lovely Planet or even mention Star Fox Zero was being worked on by PlatinumGames as-well during their main event
I can understand (to a degree) why there was no coverage of Devil's Third or Fatal Frame as Nintendo wouldn't have wanted their main direct to have a higher age rating. But they really should have included all titles they possibly could in their direct, including Fast Racing Neo. Another strange decision from Nintendo.

Fire Emblem Fates looks amazing and that's coming from someone who has never played a Fire Emblem title.

Dstryr
NNID: Dstryr
3DS Friend Code: 3067-4452-0399

Post by Dstryr » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:42 pm

I looked through the sale stuff last night and it wasn't that great tbh, espeically when you can get them retail for cheaper.
Robbo-92 wrote:Fire Emblem Fates looks amazing and that's coming from someone who has never played a Fire Emblem title.
You're missing out, its a great series.

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:46 pm

Dstryr wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:Fire Emblem Fates looks amazing and that's coming from someone who has never played a Fire Emblem title.
You're missing out, its a great series.
I've always heard good things about it, definitely going to give it a go this time though :)

Yookaluigi

Post by Yookaluigi » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:10 pm

Chibi Robo is......... another Mario style 2d platformer. Color me excited :roll: You wonder why people are complaining about the abundance of 2d platformers you would think we are on the mega drive or something.
Add to the fact it looks like a DS title.

I want Galaxy 3 but I guess it is in another castle. At least the nintendo championships were a fun watch, more of that please.

I like how Neo is an indie E shop title yet it pretty much blows al other releases this year clear out of the water, really need funding for a retail release, looks really promising.

Pineapple
NNID: Waddl.D
Steam ID: A Disaster

Post by Pineapple » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:27 pm

*slags off Tropical Freeze and Woolly World for being more of the same*
*wants Galaxy 3*

???????????????

Kesskuron
NNID: Kesskuron
3DS Friend Code: 167643044135
PSN ID: Kesskuras
Steam ID: Kesskuron

Post by Kesskuron » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:02 am

Just watched some footage of fast racing neo and it does look pretty sweet
Aesthetically it's close to wipeout but gameplay seems more like f-zero
I'll take it in the absense of those two

jimbob555

Post by jimbob555 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:21 am

Seeing this puts into perspective just how many of the things they showed we are going to see within the next 6 or so months. Rather than, lets be honest, the late 2017 - 2018 releases of many of the more talked about games at e3. Mentioned it before but Below, an indie game I was excited for, was announced in 2013 at e3 and I have no idea when we are going to see that beyond another quick teaser at this years e3.

Yookaluigi

Post by Yookaluigi » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:10 am

Pineapple wrote:*slags off Tropical Freeze and Woolly World for being more of the same*
*wants Galaxy 3*

???????????????
\what would you rather play ? a 2d platformer that it is impossible to die, therefore just an interactive movie, ( epic yarn i am referring to, you couldn't die so you pretty much just cruised through the prettyness)

or A globetrotting star scattering adventure amongst unknown galaxies, soaring through space across the cosmos with a dozen different gameplay mechanics and bustling 3d landscapes with hundreds of secret puzzles and adventures? Nothing of wooly world screams ambition, just 'oh wow that looks pretty, and its a bit like SMW2' which is fine and i am sure it will be a great game to play, but it is nothing to be really excited about, it isn't Galaxy Exciting or Zelda 2015 exciting, not even Fast Racing Neo exciting. Unravel looks better graphics wise and more emotionally gripping, kinda like Limbo.

Whilst GALAXY 2 was effectively an Expansion Pak of 1, it at least introduced lots of new mechanics and stages that were different to that of 1.

Also galaxy was the true 3d platformer 'staple' that nintendo fans wanted Ala 64 and sunshine. 2D platformers are not considered staples since there are hundreds of indie 2d platformers games that are equal or better than nintendo recent efforts and hold more reverence.

Saying that Mario 3D world is a more True Mario game than sunshine was, which was just overbloated Tropical levels and tons of bugs and awful cinematics, with mechanics completely alien to a real mario feel. When the 'bonus levels' are miles better than the main game itself you know there is a critical design flaw, even the end game was bad and rushed. 3D world has so much more going for it, just wished it was more ambitious, or an RPG

Galaxy 3 / Universe was what the main want of the fans, but That will be reserved for NX now.Basically anything people want is going to be made for the next machine, since they take like 2-3 years to make they need to get ready fr the 2016 holiday season when they launch a new console, since both Wii U and 3ds are done now production and sales are winding up.

and wow if that lineup doesn't spell end of life for both consoles then don't know what to tell you. At least 3ds will go out with a semi decent bang, Bravely 2nd too we got coming.

and Reggie has completely lost it wih his comments, dude has goe all Don Mattrick levels of stupid
Last edited by Yookaluigi on Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

Garf
NNID: Garfsona
PSN ID: GarfGuy
Steam ID: garfield069

Post by Garf » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:38 am

Yookaluigi wrote:
Pineapple wrote:*slags off Tropical Freeze and Woolly World for being more of the same*
*wants Galaxy 3*

???????????????
\what would you rather play ? a 2d platformer that it is impossible to die

SupaWaluigi
NNID: Koopa96
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7126-6522
Steam ID: SupaWaluigi

Post by SupaWaluigi » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:55 am

Yookaluigi wrote:\what would you rather play ? a 2d platformer that it is impossible to die, therefore just an interactive movie,
This argument is ridiculous! A 2D platformer that is "impossible to die" in is less of an interactive move than all of the theatrical, movie-like games Sony, Microsoft and Ubisoft continue to release, where half of the time the game is turned on you sit through cutscenes after cutscenes!

And if you are in reference to Chibi-Robo: Zip Lash as the "2D platformer impossible to die in", you must have completely skipped over the gameplay mechanic that Chibi runs on batteries, which when they run out, effectively it's game over.

Game Geek - Film Fan - Lanky

YouTube: SupaWaluigi
Twitter

Bix
NNID: Wiitabix
3DS Friend Code: 5429-6832-2984
PSN ID: Deadspace-Maniac
Steam ID: Deadspacemaniac

Post by Bix » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:56 am

I had to find this footage of Starfox on youtube .. to be honest when I caught this mid presentation for the first few seconds I thought I was watching Xenoblade X:

It should start just before it kicks in if I linked it right.
Hurry up September
Wishing my SONM friends a very happy & successful Q3 in gaming
TIME !

Rik
NNID: RikTheNinja
3DS Friend Code: 1032-1749-4002

Post by Rik » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:22 am

Hi mariomafia we've missed you
Ghost wrote:and since when has "being dumb" been a sin on the internet?
Pokeforum Random Battle Tourney - come for the battles, stay for the salt

row101
NNID: row101
3DS Friend Code: Hello world.
PSN ID: Why are you reading?
Xbox Gamertag: Why am I typing?
Steam ID: Why are we alive?

Post by row101 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:48 am

Yookaluigi wrote: \what would you rather play ? a 2d platformer that it is impossible to die, therefore just an interactive movie, ( epic yarn i am referring to, you couldn't die so you pretty much just cruised through the prettyness)
Hahahahaha.
Yookaluigi wrote:Nothing of wooly world screams ambition, just 'oh wow that looks pretty, and its a bit like SMW2' which is fine and i am sure it will be a great game to play, but it is nothing to be really excited about, it isn't Galaxy Exciting or Zelda 2015 exciting, not even Fast Racing Neo exciting. Unravel looks better graphics wise and more emotionally gripping, kinda like Limbo.
Have you played it? Didn't think so. Don't judge things before the reviews come in and, most importantly, you've actually had a chance to experience it for yourself. Just because it's not from Nintendo's biggest franchises or a fan favourite (most fans don't really know what they want, see the reaction to WInd Waker's reveal compared to its legacy), doesn't mean it's not going to be yet another incredible game.
Yookaluigi wrote:Also galaxy was the true 3d platformer 'staple' that nintendo fans wanted Ala 64 and sunshine. 2D platformers are not considered staples since there are hundreds of indie 2d platformers games that are equal or better than nintendo recent efforts and hold more reverence.
Nintendo make some of the best 2D platformers though, DKC:TF in particular comes to mind as one which I personally had far more fun playing than most indie platformers.

Yookaluigi wrote:Galaxy 3 / Universe was what the main want of the fans, but That will be reserved for NX now.Basically anything people want is going to be made for the next machine, since they take like 2-3 years to make they need to get ready fr the 2016 holiday season when they launch a new console, since both Wii U and 3ds are done now production and sales are winding up.
Please give me a source for production and sales are winding up. We still have a ton of games coming for Wii U, I wouldn't be surprised if Star Fox, Xenoblade and Zelda get a few more people to pick it up. I imagine Nintendo still has a few surprises in store for the WIi U as well.

Also people don't necessarily want Galaxy 3, they've already done a sequel, it's time to move on and let them continue to innovate with new ideas - NOT churn out more Galaxy sequels. You said yourself you want Nintendo to do new things, and that's what they do best.

Okay I'm done here.
Last edited by row101 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - George Washington

Edd
3DS Friend Code: 2380-3173-1972
PSN ID: Eddc15
Steam ID: Eddc15

Post by Edd » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:00 am

Yeah, sure would suck to see Nintendo churn out the same games every year.
Mr.EE ~ Edd is the best! Edd is super hot!
arceus469 ~ Edd is just a lonely little internet bully with no friends.

Bix

Post by Bix » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:55 am

Rik wrote:Hi mariomafia we've missed you

Rik hits the nail and drives it home. kudos Big R. 8-)

Yookamafia,

2D Platformers might be old school at heart, but Nintendo have that heart..
Last edited by Bix on Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
TIME !

masa
NNID: nonoriri.k
3DS Friend Code: 1908-1215-2187
PSN ID: Cervanres
Xbox Gamertag: nonoriri k
Steam ID: masakisu

Post by masa » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:58 am

So uhh

Star Fox looks gooseberry fool great anyone else hype? I am and i dont even like star fox

mav

Post by mav » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:59 am

Watching the tree house Mario maker looks way better than I thought and something I am thinking about as a day 1 buy.
Nintendo ID: Mav-i-am

Can usually be found playing, Mario Maker, MK8, MH3U, Splatoon.

Bix

Post by Bix » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:03 am

masa wrote:So uhh

Star Fox looks gooseberry fool great anyone else hype? I am and i dont even like star fox
Hey masa, ye I was never really into Starfox majorly either .. but since Platinum have injected some top action and bosses in collaboration with Nintendo, this looks like its already a must have game.

Land tank stages and really decent space fights with crazy vocal pilots.. even if you don't know the characters already, it'll be one hell of a decent ride.
TIME !

masa
NNID: nonoriri.k
3DS Friend Code: 1908-1215-2187
PSN ID: Cervanres
Xbox Gamertag: nonoriri k
Steam ID: masakisu

Post by masa » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:17 am

Tbh i was already planning on getting it before i found out platinum are involved. Kinda just sealed the deal. Just think it looks so much more interesting than any of the star fox games before, the dual screen mechanic seems like there is actually finally a really inventive use for the gamepad

RichardUK
NNID: RichardBatesUK
3DS Friend Code: 1177-9740-4606
PSN ID: RichardBatesUK
Xbox Gamertag: RichardBatesUK

Post by RichardUK » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:03 pm

i just cant get excited by anything ive seen from Nintendo at E3, for me none of the games they have shown have that Nintendo magic or uniqueness, its hard to explain but i feel quite let down by there efforts
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:02 pm

Garf wrote:Image
Rik wrote:Hi mariomafia we've missed you

No, shut up, I wanted to see how long they kept humouring this as genuine
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

Blaxel411
NNID: Black-wolf209
3DS Friend Code: 4811-7239-6713
Xbox Gamertag: Not on my life

Post by Blaxel411 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:24 pm

Everyone liverpool tart about the new metroid deserves a personal slap in the face from me.
This is the same mindset that led people to pass most of the KH games as "unnecessary spin-offs". God forbid the developer wants to explore more of the universe they created. No, they should just pump out the same eton mess for you till you start complaining about it. And these idiots went as far as to make a petition against the game? That's out of order. I hope they never make the metroid these people want, so they can cram their complaints down their gooseberry fool throats.
I think we can all agree that i`m a great asset to the human race.

bort

Post by bort » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:58 pm

Blaxel411 wrote:Everyone liverpool tart about the new metroid deserves a personal slap in the face from me.
This is the same mindset that led people to pass most of the KH games as "unnecessary spin-offs".
i mean, i agree on the whole metroid thing (honestly i dont think it even looks that bad im kinda interested), but 358/2 days and coded were kinda trash honestly

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:28 pm

Except it doesn't appear to be the same devs who created the universe and instead looks to be very similar to Hunters which was generally poorly received, being a weak installment in the Prime series and Metroid games as a whole. Instead people want more Metroid that we haven't had in many years and is an IP that people have embraced taking new and interesting directions (i.e. Prime being a massive success). This being a new game announced in a lackluster presentation was obviously going to draw a lot of appraisal and indeed has people being interested in the Blast Ball component but criticism in the actual game is very justified. People are allowed to dislike things and be vocal about it, just because you don't like hearing said criticisms doesn't mean people shouldn't voice them.

So Blaxel gonna Blaxel
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.