Nintendo E3 - Digital Presentation Done

June 16-18 2015 is E3! Discuss the expo and related events here.
This subforum has now been archived, and is read only.
bort

Re: Nintendo E3 - Digital Presentation Done

Post by bort » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:44 pm

alright i understand people not liking it, obviously its not going to be everyone's cup of tea, but really? i understand disliking the trailer on youtube, but taking those dislikes onto other trailers and even making a petition to tell nintendo to stop making this game because it's not something you want? if you don't want it, show nintendo by not buying it when its released. a petition is not going to stop them making the game.
its not a matter of the game looking bad, its a matter of a minority taking it as a personal attack against them as if nintendo apparently didn't know metroid wasn't popular, as if not announcing a new metroid was somehow to spite the fans, when in facts its about those particular fans not being patient and being a bit spoilt over the whole situation. sure i'd love a new metroid too but stopping production on FF is not going to change when the next metroid is coming out.

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:54 pm

Oh, I agree the petition is childish, but it's more the whole anti-complaining against this game thing that's been going around everywhere that's even stupider than disliking it.
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

Blaxel411
NNID: Black-wolf209
3DS Friend Code: 4811-7239-6713
Xbox Gamertag: Not on my life

Post by Blaxel411 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:59 pm

JenovaPX wrote:Except it doesn't appear to be the same devs who created the universe and instead looks to be very similar to Hunters which was generally poorly received, being a weak installment in the Prime series and Metroid games as a whole. Instead people want more Metroid that we haven't had in many years and is an IP that people have embraced taking new and interesting directions (i.e. Prime being a massive success). This being a new game announced in a lackluster presentation was obviously going to draw a lot of appraisal and indeed has people being interested in the Blast Ball component but criticism in the actual game is very justified. People are allowed to dislike things and be vocal about it, just because you don't like hearing said criticisms doesn't mean people shouldn't voice them.

So Blaxel gonna Blaxel
Oh they can voice their criticisms. Who am I to stop them from having their tantrum because they didn't get the happy meal toy they wanted? To use KH as an example again, out of the 7 games in the series so far, 5 were "spin-offs". 4 of those had stories that the fanbase still loves till this day, and 2 are considered as the best in the series, right up there with Kh1 and 2. So when smaller games in a franchise are announced, I have learnt to judge the game according to what it is, and not what you would've preffered.
This information comes from Metroid Prime series producer Kensuke Tanabe…
http://nintendoeverything.com/metroid-p ... fans-more/
He clearly has a vision he's trying to realize, and instead of supporting him, the fans spit in his face. The metroid series could use some new characters and settings that don't involve samus or ridley. 2 characters don't make for a very long-lasting story
I think we can all agree that i`m a great asset to the human race.

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:04 pm

You realise you're having a tantrum about people having a tantrum right? Seriously, stop being so butthurt that people don't like the same things as you. Just because someone has a vision doesn't mean people have to like it or want it or accept it.
Destiny is Destiny.

Nintendo Ninja

Post by Nintendo Ninja » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:12 pm

Blaxel411 wrote:The metroid series could use some new characters and settings that don't involve samus or ridley. 2 characters don't make for a very long-lasting story[/color]
You should try out the sonic series, it seems you would enjoy it.

Blaxel411

Post by Blaxel411 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:20 pm

You're right, they don't have to like it. But all the rage, and that stupid petition shows that these people don't even respect Tanabe or nintendo enough to to give them the benefit of the doubt, and give the game a fair chance. Complaints are expected and permitted, but to lash out in such an unnecessary rage gives the metroid fanbase a bad look. Not even THE SONIC FANBASE has ever had a reaction this insane. And they've been putting up with eton mess/mediocre games for a long time. I for one am going to wait for MPFF to come out, find an unbiased review, and buy it if it's good enough. Just like i'd do to any other game. And if nintendo finally throw the metroid fans their pacifier, I'll do the same for that game.
Nintendo Ninja wrote:You should try out the sonic series, it seems you would enjoy it.
Because balance isn't an option right? We either get a few characters or too many?

DarkRula
NNID: DarkRula
Xbox Gamertag: DarkRula
Steam ID: DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:26 pm

I really hope the third day of Treehouse is going to give some extra goodies today. Yesterday was good, but they did say surprises right at the beginning, and... apart from Fast racing Neo, I don't think there were any. Unless of course you count the fact that they didn't announce the upcoming games, and they only appeared on the schedule half way through the current game.
And speaking of the schedule, there's Bravely Second, TroForce Heroes, and Federation Force to look forward to today. And that's not one after the other.

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:28 pm

Blaxel411 wrote:You're right, they don't have to like it. But all the rage, and that stupid petition shows that these people don't even respect Tanabe or nintendo enough to to give them the benefit of the doubt, and give the game a fair chance. Complaints are expected and permitted, but to lash out in such an unnecessary rage gives the metroid fanbase a bad look. Not even THE SONIC FANBASE has ever had a reaction this insane. And they've been putting up with eton mess/mediocre games for a long time. I for one am going to wait for MPFF to come out, find an unbiased review, and buy it if it's good enough. Just like i'd do to any other game. And if nintendo finally throw the metroid fans their pacifier, I'll do the same for that game.
Yes the Sonic fandom have reacted in similar ways before, you're probably just far too young to remember.

A lot of this stems from a massive backstory that you're forgetting or ignoring. Things like a cancelled, very promising looking, traditional Metroid game last year after developer-publisher issues, Ninty alluding to Metroid games in previous statements regarding the game, etc. The kinds of things that make fans impatient and pretty annoyed when they then get given something in the series that's not what they were hoping for. Granted a lot of the rage online is a knee-jerk reaction but so what? Chances are as time will go on people will stop caring or they'll open up to the game. The fact remains you're still throwing your toys out of the pram over someone saying they're not interested in the game and disliking the approach a games taking. You're welcome to approach it with an unbiased way, no-one's stopping you, but don't say eton mess like people should stop complaining or how you want to slap them, just gooseberry fool ignore it if you don't like what people are saying.
Destiny is Destiny.

Nintendonator3000

Post by Nintendonator3000 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:50 pm

I'm not a big Metroid fan, but I can see why everyone is so annoyed that they only get a spin-off. Not everyone has to like the game, but it's childish how people are scorning the game for what it isn't rather than judging the game itself. I think it looks quite fun, and though I probably won't get it I can see it's appeal. To be honest, I'm sure the creation of this game isn't what's halting Nintendo from making a proper entry, so I'm not sure why people treat it as if it is.
Ever since joining the original ONM I've been a huge Nintendo fan (specifically Zelda) and am looking forward to some great discussions. I was previously known as Lego Master

Stanson

Post by Stanson » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:06 pm

Bix wrote:
Stanson wrote:
D.J wrote:
Anyhow, back on topic, the Wii U's overall lineup is actually getting a lot better these days, so much so, that i certainly wouldn't say no to owning one (and it's been a good few years since i last felt that way about a Nintendo console).
Wii had a way better lineup than Wii U though???
Look at the arguably 'must have' titles of the U

Pikmin 3 - given so much attention and care .. better than the Wii versions (which were Gamecube adaptions anyways).

Mario Kart 8 - given so much thought and care .. not too mention faster (200c) and shine (HD) ... better than the Wii version.

Smash Bros. U - This is very much a sticking point for some .. but still the U version has the shine, amiibo mode + a slightly more honed/ balanced line-up.

MH3U - Even if the Wii version had online available, 3U has: more monsters, Misty Peaks, more kit variance, even the monsters that featured on Tri have more moves on 3U .. better than the Wii version.

Bayonetta 2 - Games that even come close in gameplay terms on the Wii (very few if any), cannot begin to compete with the visuals at that pace .. better than anything remotely similar on the Wii.

Xenoblade X - Xenoblade Chronicles is to some the basis for judging any rpg ("was it as good/better than Xenoblade? .. if so it is good"). XCX gives more glorious visuals, more epic, smooth, rpg re-styled battling .. verdict (it cannot come to Europe soon enough - could well prove to be better than XC for most that play both).

Rayman Legends - Best version across any console (any) .. Rayman Origins was lovely on the Wii but, Legends .. better than the Wii version.

Starfox - (wasn't on the Wii) = no contest (hurry up September).

These games push the U beyond the Wii, but elsewhere:

3D Mario, non MK racers, Zelda, Metroid/Samus - well its either a close tie or the Wii's variety wins out (for me). Nintendo are addressing these areas. We just need to give them time.

If none of those games I listed appeal to you personally then possibly the Wii did have a better line-up, but I can't think why they wouldn't appeal if you like Nintendo.
It's not about the big franchises, it's about the diversity of the lineup. Zack and Wiki, Sin and Punishment, Punch Out, Mario Strikers Charged, No More Heroes, HOTD Overkill, Madworld, Muramasa The Demon Blade, Tatsunoko VS Capcom, Super Paper Mario, Little King's Story. It had all that in addition to Nintendo's big games like the brilliant Mario Galaxy games, Xenoblade Chronicles, Donkey Kong, Prime 3 to name but a few.
You win.

row101
NNID: row101
3DS Friend Code: Hello world.
PSN ID: Why are you reading?
Xbox Gamertag: Why am I typing?
Steam ID: Why are we alive?

Post by row101 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:59 pm

Couple of updates to post here.

Apparently, Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival is going to be free to play. Great. Also, the treehouse suggested that it does have modes other than the board game which they can't talk about.

Also Samus is in Federation Force.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - George Washington

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:00 pm

Great, just got back in to catch Bravely Second starting on the treehouse :D

SupaWaluigi
NNID: Koopa96
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7126-6522
Steam ID: SupaWaluigi

Post by SupaWaluigi » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:01 pm

After watching Treehouse play it, I kinda like the look of Federation Force right now.

However, I should mention that i'm not a die-hard Metroid fan. I haven't played all the games nor completed them. I'm about halfway through both Super Metroid and Fusion, but stuck on both. I think Federation Force might provide a good re-entry to the franchise for me, which I welcome, and I'm certain it will create new fans for the franchise.

Now, I shall await the pitchforks and torches that are bound to come my way :mrgreen:

Game Geek - Film Fan - Lanky

YouTube: SupaWaluigi
Twitter

Blaxel411

Post by Blaxel411 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:03 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:Great, just got back in to catch Bravely Second starting on the treehouse :D
WHAT?! gooseberry fool METROID, IM WATCHING THAT eton mess ASAP

RichardUK
NNID: RichardBatesUK
3DS Friend Code: 1177-9740-4606
PSN ID: RichardBatesUK
Xbox Gamertag: RichardBatesUK

Post by RichardUK » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:17 pm

Nintendo’s Stock Dropped Fairly Significantly After E3 2015 Digital Event
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'

Bix
NNID: Wiitabix
3DS Friend Code: 5429-6832-2984
PSN ID: Deadspace-Maniac
Steam ID: Deadspacemaniac

Post by Bix » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:19 pm

Stanson wrote:
Bix wrote: These games push the U beyond the Wii, but elsewhere:

the Wii's variety wins out (for me). Nintendo are addressing these areas. We just need to give them time.

If none of those games I listed appeal to you personally then possibly the Wii did have a better line-up
It's not about the big franchises, it's about the diversity of the lineup.
I am fully aware of the extensive Wii catalogue and have most of the games you mention and have at least played the others. Wii U's library is getting more diverse but it couldn't possibly get as diverse as the Wii's, in less than half the time with way less than half the third party support (some would argue 3rd party is virtually non-existant). I still like how it looks on U at the moment .. but I repeat it does need more time and the U will get it whether we want it to or not. I predict we will still not have the NX anytime before 2018.
Wishing my SONM friends a very happy & successful Q3 in gaming
TIME !

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:20 pm

Bravely Second is looking great, so tempted to give Bravely Default another play now!

Bix

Post by Bix » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:21 pm

getting on to having a look as we speak 8-)

edit: looks great.

Digital event fixes:

halve time on woolly world
halve time on mario maker

spend time on bravely second
spend the remainder of the time on fast racing neo

result:
would look way better already than what we ended up with and with those games then appearing in the treehouse people would have been even more hyped and ready.
TIME !

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:33 pm

Bravely Second looks amazing :D

Really wish Nintendo would quit playing the Mario Galaxy music in-between segments (well it sounds like Galaxy music), are they hinting something? :p

Nintendo really should have chucked loads more Fast Racing Neo, Bravely Second and Fire Emblem fates into the direct, if they had done that the backlash for the Metorid game may not have been as bad (it doesn't look a bad game just a shame they announced a Metroid game and it wasn't the Metroid game everyone was hoping for).

Edit, more Star Fox Zero now :)

Bix

Post by Bix » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:37 pm

Some things have received more love than others but it is September and not the final, finished product.

I really love the sand section for example.
TIME !

DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:47 pm

I can think of a better fix.

Nintendo have shown that the Treehouse stream works. Many people who said the games were awful from the Digital Event have said after seeing gameplay that they are starting to look better. I'm not saying abolish the Digital Event. That's the last thing we need. But the Digital Event could perhaps announce or show off a game, and give a time of when you can see more gameplay of it on the Treehouse. Hint at some games, but don't announce them, within the Digital Event - perhaps with a silhouette of a character or logo - with a time for the Treehouse and a "Want to see what this is? Tune in!" That way it builds on the expectation, keeps people guessing, and shows that there are games still to come.

Also, its more than just Galaxy music playing inbetween times. I've heard the Slide theme, World 1-1 from New Super Mario Bros. and a theme I recognise from Super Mario 3D Land or World. It could be hinting at something, but remember it is Mario's 30th soon.

SupaWaluigi
NNID: Koopa96
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7126-6522
Steam ID: SupaWaluigi

Post by SupaWaluigi » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:58 pm

The guy playing StarFox right now sounds like he's either slightly drunk or high...

Game Geek - Film Fan - Lanky

YouTube: SupaWaluigi
Twitter

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:59 pm

Yeah but one can hope that the music is hinting to something bigger eh? ;)

I feel that is one thing that is missing from the treehouse is an actual schedule, while I've not actively looked for one there doesn't seem to be an easily accessible one, really should be sat in the YouTube info box about what's coming up and when.

DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:05 pm

Ah, but there is on e3.nintendo.com. However, apart from Bravely Second, TriForce Heroes, and Federation Force, every other game is getting updated to it half way during the current game.
As such, prepare for some Skylanders next in ten minutes.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:07 pm

DarkRula wrote:Ah, but there is on e3.nintendo.com. However, apart from Bravely Second, TriForce Heroes, and Federation Force, every other game is getting updated to it half way during the current game.
As such, prepare for some Skylanders next in ten minutes.
I'll give it a break in 10 minutes then!