Nintendo E3 - Digital Presentation Done

June 16-18 2015 is E3! Discuss the expo and related events here.
This subforum has now been archived, and is read only.
DarkRula
NNID: DarkRula
Xbox Gamertag: DarkRula
Steam ID: DarkRula

Re: Nintendo E3 - Digital Presentation Done

Post by DarkRula » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:30 pm

The schedule has fifteen minutes more of FE x SMT before Yoshi Woolly World. However, the next time is 13:45PT with Fast Racing Neo. Since I am fairly certain Woolly World is not going to be on for over two hours, we can expect a few of those surprises then.

Kesskuron
NNID: Kesskuron
3DS Friend Code: 167643044135
PSN ID: Kesskuras
Steam ID: Kesskuron

Post by Kesskuron » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:37 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:Also I have no idea what I'm actually watching on the treehouse right now.
It's making me feel sick

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:40 pm

Kesskuron wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:Also I have no idea what I'm actually watching on the treehouse right now.
It's making me feel sick
It just looks crazy, not in a good way either. Is it part of a series or is it a new franchise?

Kesskuron

Post by Kesskuron » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:42 pm

It's Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei, so a crossover of the two franchises

He just said it has choreographed dance scenes
I'm out

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:48 pm

Really doesn't look great in my opinion, Yoshi's Woolly World is up now :)

Kesskuron

Post by Kesskuron » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:53 pm

As if poochie wasn't cute enough already

DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:05 pm

Update to the stream times - 11:15PT Legend of Zelda TriForce Heroes

Yookaluigi

Post by Yookaluigi » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:11 pm

quote="OrangeRakoon"]
Yookaluigi wrote:" WiiU has its 2D Mario, its 3D Mario (sort-of), its Mario Kart and its Smash Bros, and it has its Zelda and Starfox incoming. Aside from Metroid and F-Zero all the big, staple Nintendo games are there. Kirby, Yoshi, Donkey Kong - all have WiiU games. "

\but so does WII, So did Gamecube, As did N64.
Exactly, "comparable to other Nintendo consoles"[/quote]

Missing my point we dont need to have all the nintendo staples, at least the type of games. wHAT THey did was what they been doing since DS, have every platform have the same roster of games. No one wanted another DK Returns, he already returned, to much fanfare. How exciting was it to get a 2D dk for the first time in over 10 years? great !! I goddamn loved Country ! Best game Snes ! etc etc

fast forward we get ANOTHER 2d platformer, the same mechanics as returns, just a bit shinier, but still a 2d DK, even the advertising slouched. Who is excited by that? a proper 3d free open world adventure like DK 64 woulda been awesome, but no one cared about tropical freeze, it wasn't fresh anymore, it had no nostalgia attached to it, no pizass, and barely even mustered 1million sales.

Wooly world again, we had epic yarn,which was kinda like Journey in that there is no real challenge since it is impossible to die,but a nice experience, but It is another rehash of a Wii Game, yea it looks pretty but again, another 2D platformer no one particularly asked for. At least it looks good though, I hope it is more like Super mario world 2 than yarn.

Kirby - its a DS game remake, with mechanics and graphics not unlike your typical Mobile Phone game.

No one wants to play these games anymore, they played them on the Wii or on their mobile phones.
Wii Fit Wii Sports etc etc people were done with those 6 years ago. I want Luigi mansion, but like to go around the world or somethng.

We could be playing Animal crossing MMO now but hey new board game !! New metroid saga but get crappy fed forces!

Do we need every nintendo character to have a staple game? why not more combo games? hyrule warriors, Mk8, smash, FE x SMT, those kind of things.

Everyone else is getting ready for dark souls 3, fallout4, uncharted tomb raider horizon halo5 etc etc, and Nintendo has just got absolutely nothing. Zero. Zip. Iwata needs sacking, who is commissioning this tat absolutely nobody wants?

Splatoon is real, the hype is real, but it is just too late. I love it but man why wasn't it a launch game :( I will cry into my squid girl thing thinking what could have been.
Last edited by Yookaluigi on Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pineapple
NNID: Waddl.D

Post by Pineapple » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:18 pm

Are you mariomafia.

DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:30 pm

Mario Tennis Ultra Smash up next on the Treehouse stream.
If anyone's interested in it - ten minutes until coverage begins.

Oathkeeper
NNID: MForward56
3DS Friend Code: 3523-2118-1902
Steam ID: MForward56

Post by Oathkeeper » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:32 pm

Sure, maybe no one asked for another Donkey Kong Country game after Returns (which I highly doubt) but Tropical Freeze ended up being the best game in the entire series and I will defend it to the death. Your claim that it wasn't "fresh" are completely wrong considering many of the environments had never been seen before in previous DKC games and you also had Cranky Kong as a new ally. I also question why a game should need nostalgia attached to it especially when they already made Returns for that purpose.

DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:50 pm

Is this a tennis game where we have full control of where we go?
Have any other Mario Tennis games been like this?

Little Battlers eXperince looks like a fun little game, and reminds me of that Custom Robo Arena from DS.
Next up, amiibo...

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:20 pm

I want one of those cockpits with Star Fox, make it a bundle Nintendo!

DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:21 pm

The bundle would probably cost thousands of pounds though. That's the only unfortunate thing.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:23 pm

DarkRula wrote:The bundle would probably cost thousands of pounds though. That's the only unfortunate thing.
Looks like I'll have to get a loan then :D It's even got speakers inside it to make you feel like you're sat in a real cockpit!

Edit, no idea what this could be, maybe the game AAA game Tantalus Media were porting to Wii U? Regardless it seems like Nintendo fans have something else to look forward to at this years E3.

http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/23616 ... e-show-tom

Fast Racing Neo on now anyway, looking fun so far :)
Last edited by Robbo-92 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pokemaniac212
NNID: onetruemaniac
3DS Friend Code: 506939914753
Steam ID: pokemaniac212

Post by pokemaniac212 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:01 pm

Yookaluigi wrote:quote="OrangeRakoon"]
Yookaluigi wrote:" WiiU has its 2D Mario, its 3D Mario (sort-of), its Mario Kart and its Smash Bros, and it has its Zelda and Starfox incoming. Aside from Metroid and F-Zero all the big, staple Nintendo games are there. Kirby, Yoshi, Donkey Kong - all have WiiU games. "

\but so does WII, So did Gamecube, As did N64.
Exactly, "comparable to other Nintendo consoles"
Missing my point we dont need to have all the nintendo staples, at least the type of games. wHAT THey did was what they been doing since DS, have every platform have the same roster of games. No one wanted another DK Returns, he already returned, to much fanfare. How exciting was it to get a 2D dk for the first time in over 10 years? great !! I goddamn loved Country ! Best game Snes ! etc etc

fast forward we get ANOTHER 2d platformer, the same mechanics as returns, just a bit shinier, but still a 2d DK, even the advertising slouched. Who is excited by that? a proper 3d free open world adventure like DK 64 woulda been awesome, but no one cared about tropical freeze, it wasn't fresh anymore, it had no nostalgia attached to it, no pizass, and barely even mustered 1million sales.

Wooly world again, we had epic yarn,which was kinda like Journey in that there is no real challenge since it is impossible to die,but a nice experience, but It is another rehash of a Wii Game, yea it looks pretty but again, another 2D platformer no one particularly asked for. At least it looks good though, I hope it is more like Super mario world 2 than yarn.

Kirby - its a DS game remake, with mechanics and graphics not unlike your typical Mobile Phone game.

No one wants to play these games anymore, they played them on the Wii or on their mobile phones.
Wii Fit Wii Sports etc etc people were done with those 6 years ago. I want Luigi mansion, but like to go around the world or somethng.

We could be playing Animal crossing MMO now but hey new board game !! New metroid saga but get crappy fed forces!

Do we need every nintendo character to have a staple game? why not more combo games? hyrule warriors, Mk8, smash, FE x SMT, those kind of things.

Everyone else is getting ready for dark souls 3, fallout4, uncharted tomb raider horizon halo5 etc etc, and Nintendo has just got absolutely nothing. Zero. Zip. Iwata needs sacking, who is commissioning this tat absolutely nobody wants?

Splatoon is real, the hype is real, but it is just too late. I love it but man why wasn't it a launch game :( I will cry into my squid girl thing thinking what could have been.[/quote]

The kirby game was a spiritual sequel to power paintbrush, which was arguably the best kirby game of all time. And just because the graphics weren't super-realistic HD does not make them bad. They were in a certain style and done very well in that style. I doubt the wii could have coped with it, let alone a mobile.

And Animal Crossing MMO, really? Online multiplayer should absolutely be an option in an animal crossing game, and I'd like the ability to visit random people's towns, but a full-blown MMO would be utterly terrible. The whole point of Animal Crossing is that you get your own village and you get to know your villagers and grow attached to them. Replacing villagers with other players and giving you no realistic control over your village would completely destroy most of the series' appeal.

And yes the characters do need their own staple series'. Sure I like the crossover games, but crossover games only work because they have a strong series to tie them back to. And even if that wasn't necessary, would you seriously want to kill off all the series' that have made nintendo what they are today? Zelda, Mario, Metroid games etc. are always the best games on nintendo consoles, and are the absolute last games we should be killing off.

Also, I like how your entire argument is that Nintendo need to be more ambitious and make crazy new games, and then point to a list of games on other systems of which the only one making significant improvements to the franchise is Fallout 4, with Horizon being a new game. Dark Souls 3, Halo 5, Uncharted 4 and Tomb Raider all look like any other game in their series'. That is no bad thing, the series' are great, but you can't argue for nintendo to stop making generic games in their series' and then hold those up as examples of what they should do.

swarf
NNID: liam23

Post by swarf » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:03 pm

For anyone really doubting some of the quality of these games announced, firstly watch the Treehouse presentations (they've made me a whole lot more excited!) and just remember these are almost all games coming out before the end of the year! Christmas alone has Xenoblade Chronicles X, Mario Tennis, Animal Crossing Amiibo, Starfox and Project Zero :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Currently Mainly Playing:
Switch: FIFA 18 and Rocket League

SupaWaluigi
NNID: Koopa96
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7126-6522
Steam ID: SupaWaluigi

Post by SupaWaluigi » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:04 pm

Pineapple wrote:Are you mariomafia.
I was gonna ask the same question

If not, I'm sure this guy will be mariomafia' replacement. Certainly, seems to be taking to the role rather well...

Game Geek - Film Fan - Lanky

YouTube: SupaWaluigi
Twitter

Dstryr
NNID: Dstryr
3DS Friend Code: 3067-4452-0399

Post by Dstryr » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:07 pm

This F-Zero Fast Racing Neo is looking slick. Shame it wasn't in the direct.

pokemaniac212
NNID: onetruemaniac
3DS Friend Code: 506939914753
Steam ID: pokemaniac212

Post by pokemaniac212 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:08 pm

Yeah, while it isn't F-zero, a 2 or 3 minute segment in the Direct to promote it would have been really nice, and it certainly looks just like F-zero.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:11 pm

It looks really good so far, no idea why it wasn't in the direct maybe because people would have just said, "why Fast Racing Neo, why not a new F-Zero". Saying that I'm glad for the developer they aren't releasing an F-zero (well at least before this) as it would leave Fast Racing Neo pretty much dead in the water if that were the case.

DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:13 pm

Looks like they'll be showing some Fire Emblem after this. Good for those who are interested, they should be covering some ground with it.
And is it just me, or are they seriously moving out of their schedule? First it was just a minute to two, but now it feels like ten minutes from when the next scheduled game is meant to start. Or maybe I shouldn't really hold too strongly to those times...

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:17 pm

That's all the time they are giving to Fast Racing Neo?

Dstryr
NNID: Dstryr
3DS Friend Code: 3067-4452-0399

Post by Dstryr » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:34 pm

Is there a treehouse schedule somewhere?

barrybarryk

Post by barrybarryk » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:35 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:That's all the time they are giving to Fast Racing Neo?
Never underestimate the stupidity of NoA.

They decided not to show Devil's Third, Fatal Frame, Shantae, Lovely Planet or even mention Star Fox Zero was being worked on by PlatinumGames as-well during their main event