Nintendo E3 - Digital Presentation Done

June 16-18 2015 is E3! Discuss the expo and related events here.
This subforum has now been archived, and is read only.
DarkRula
NNID: DarkRula
Xbox Gamertag: DarkRula
Steam ID: DarkRula

Re: Nintendo E3 - Digital Presentation Done

Post by DarkRula » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:31 pm

Super Mario Maker back on in fifteen minutes.

RichardUK
NNID: RichardBatesUK
3DS Friend Code: 1177-9740-4606
PSN ID: RichardBatesUK
Xbox Gamertag: RichardBatesUK

Post by RichardUK » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:43 pm

http://gateway.answerscloud.com/nintend ... 035711D270

Nintendo E3 Survey - Let them know what you thought
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'

swarf
NNID: liam23

Post by swarf » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:46 pm

Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival will be a free download and we'll just need to buy amiibo?? Well i now know the first thing on my list for Santa already! :mrgreen:
Currently Mainly Playing:
Switch: Arms and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:55 pm

Xenoblade on the treehouse now, saw on Twitter they will show some Project Zero later on as well :)

Kesskuron
NNID: Kesskuron
3DS Friend Code: 167643044135
PSN ID: Kesskuras
Steam ID: Kesskuron

Post by Kesskuron » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:28 pm

RichardUK wrote:http://gateway.answerscloud.com/nintend ... 035711D270

Hope nintendo is ready for the eton mess storm that awaits them

Even so, this is a good idea. At the very least it gives people a means to communicate their frustrations directly to nintendo in a way that might actually have some kind of impact somewhere

Minoru
NNID: PunishingLawyer
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8638-1569

Post by Minoru » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:36 pm

RichardUK wrote:http://gateway.answerscloud.com/nintend ... 035711D270

From the look of it, I think that's supposed to be for reviewing the website, rather than the content of the presentation. Still, I suppose if enough people use it to review the presentation they might take note.
Visit my Zero Escape AC town. Dream Address: 7900-2291-4463

Kesskuron
NNID: Kesskuron
3DS Friend Code: 167643044135
PSN ID: Kesskuras
Steam ID: Kesskuron

Post by Kesskuron » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:37 pm

The first 10 or so questions are about the site, after that though there's another 10ish that are about their E3 presentation

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:47 pm

Ok so Fatal Frame/Project Zero is on the treehouse now, looks like it'll make good use of the gamepad at least and it looks good as well

Bix
NNID: Wiitabix
3DS Friend Code: 5429-6832-2984
PSN ID: Deadspace-Maniac
Steam ID: Deadspacemaniac

Post by Bix » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:02 am

aww project zero was on .. playing catch up now then ! We keep seeing loads of fab games that weren't even afforded a minute or so in the digi event ? :? odd
Wishing my SONM friends a very happy & successful Q3 in gaming
TIME !

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:43 am

I presume games like Project Zero and Devil's third weren't included into the direct so it didn't need an 18 age rating (I presume Devil's Third is an 18+ anyway! Not sure about Project Zero), saying that it's not like the treehouse segments have needed age ratings so maybe that wasn't the issue.

Pineapple
NNID: Waddl.D
Steam ID: A Disaster

Post by Pineapple » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:56 pm

I've watched some of the Treehouse streams via Nintendo's YouTube channel but the Treehouse people are so grating that I ended up stopping halfway for a couple .-.

Cruizer

Post by Cruizer » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:24 am

Just caught up on the E3. Whilst last year there were some pretty amazing anouncements for Nintendo, I would describe this one as good-not-great. In terms of new Wii U announcements there was only Mario Tennis and Animal Crossing Party, but I don't think things are as over-the-top doom and gloom as people are making out. People are suggesting that Nintendo are winding down the U, in favour of that NX thing but, has anyone even confirmed that the NX will be a home console? I understood all we knew was that it was Nintendo's next project?

I'm happy to see Starfox is coming along nicely. I [wrongly] had a feeling that this would be one of those doomed development games and wouldn't have got anywhere, but it looks really good and Platinum are developing it AND we'll see in time for Christmas. Definitely a game I'm excited about.

I'll reserve judgement on the Metroid game. I understand people's frustration that it's not what they were hoping for, but it looks pretty good and I'm not opposed in principal to the franchise taking a slightly different direction (even if it means a lowering of Metroids metacritic average)....Metroid Kart anyone?
Last edited by Cruizer on Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"soylent green is people"

Bix
NNID: Wiitabix
3DS Friend Code: 5429-6832-2984
PSN ID: Deadspace-Maniac
Steam ID: Deadspacemaniac

Post by Bix » Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:52 am

Its been leaked a few times during convo's with the Ninty high ups that the NX is a home console project.
Wishing my SONM friends a very happy & successful Q3 in gaming
TIME !

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:12 pm

Sure Reggie pretty much confirmed that it is indeed a home console in an interview at E3.

Cruizer

Post by Cruizer » Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:40 pm

Oh ok, but we don't have a release date for it, so I certainly hope we see a bit more life in the Wii U in the interim.

Whatever happens, the games released on the U are well up there with the best and I largely consider this Nintendo's silver age (the N64 being the golden age obviously :D )

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:05 pm

Well they said in their direct they would talk about the NX more next year so I expect an announcement at E3 2016 with a launch of Christmas 2017 most likely.

Cruizer

Post by Cruizer » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:25 pm

I think that's a bit of a shame than. When the U was announced sales of the Wii dropped and Nintendo seemed to lose interest and pumped all its efforts into the U.

I do hope Nintendo continues to support the U, because for me this is a good time to be a Nintendo fan. As a gamer rather than a Nintendo share-holder I'm loving the U, the lack of third-party support forced Nintendo to just focus on Nintendo titles and we had a good stream of amazing first-party exclusives. The U seemed to find its niche and we've had some amazing games, that are for the most-part way better than the Wii - I mean we have or will have had a release on most of Nintendos best franchises.

Summary: I love the U and don't want it to end anytime soon.

Edit: All the people wanting to see an F-zero game I get the feeling Nintendo are done with it forever. Mario Kart 8 to me feels like it started out life as an F-zero but they took the ideas and turned it into a MK game. Then the DLC tracks came along and the f-zero track was more like the real thing that would feature in an actual f-zero game rather than an omarge to the series. I understand Nintendo likes f-zero but they never sold particularly well and perhaps mk8 was a bit of a swan-song....Just a theory. I really hope I'm wrong though.

Nintendonator3000

Post by Nintendonator3000 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:00 pm

Cruizer wrote:Then the DLC tracks came along and the f-zero track was more like the real thing that would feature in an actual f-zero game rather than an omarge to the series. I understand Nintendo likes f-zero but they never sold particularly well and perhaps mk8 was a bit of a swan-song....Just a theory. I really hope I'm wrong though.
It's possible that the F-Zero DLC tracks were testing the way to see if there was any F-Zero interest, and as I believe the DLC packs sold well, this may give Nintendo a reason to make one. Probably wishful thinking, but there's a chance.
Ever since joining the original ONM I've been a huge Nintendo fan (specifically Zelda) and am looking forward to some great discussions. I was previously known as Lego Master

Ape
NNID: GenericAperson
3DS Friend Code: 133281054437
PSN ID: GSAperson

Post by Ape » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:35 pm

It seems in order for a console to be a success these days you need to have
  • A console that isn't seen as a "kid's" console
  • Quantity of games over quality
  • A recognisable brand name
  • Shrewd marketing
  • Getting people to associate games that are available on all platforms with your console
  • The latest graphical technology
  • Announcing games for the system that aren't going to come out for years.
  • Be friends with influential people in the media
And then some. I feel Nintendo as a company gets a lot of hate, some deserved, some not so. Sadly the Wii U's struggles are down to it's launch period, Nintnedo had no idea how they were going to market the console and in the end chose not to, relying on gamer mentality of having to own the latest console meaning that people would buy the Wii U at it's high price. That didn't happen and personally it took them 2 whole years to convince me that I should own a Wii U, and now it seems they're ready to move on.

Nintendo as a company has always tried to innovate, but recently the game industry has been established enough that people don't feel that it needs to be evolved any further, with consumer convenience and market knowledge helping companies like Sony and Microsoft (moreso Sony) to become the market leaders. Also doesn't help that Nintendo have been trying to do the impossible, appealing to everyone, and their ideas when doing so are frequently misunderstood by the mass market. If the NX is to be successful, it needs to understand the needs of the mass market in general and have a better third party lineup.

But I do get the feeling that Nintendo are never going to shake off their "kiddy" image and the sad thing is that this is going to hold them back overall in the modern market. The way it's seen I think is that Nintendo makes games for kids and then when they grow older they "graduate" to Playstation or Xbox and the overall more "mature" range of games there. What isn't helping even more is that these more "mature" games are being played by kids as they want to be seen as "more grown up". That will have harmed the Wii U even further and even then, people are more likely to start gaming on an iPhone, iPad or Android. I still hope that the NX can be a success though.

SupaWaluigi
NNID: Koopa96
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7126-6522
Steam ID: SupaWaluigi

Post by SupaWaluigi » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:11 am

Ape wrote:It seems in order for a console to be a success these days you need to have
  • Shrewd marketing
  • Getting people to associate games that are available on all platforms with your console
Yeah, the video game industry continues to become something incredibly corporate and destroying itself, which is quite sad. Where once gaming's past was full of new technology (for the time), innovative ideas and people actually wanting to make purely fun games, we now have DLC ridden, cinematic and "Console War" driven developers making games purely for the sales :cry:

That's not to say Nintendo are scott-free, but at least their different approach to how they do things provides something to go against the grain.

Game Geek - Film Fan - Lanky

YouTube: SupaWaluigi
Twitter

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:42 am

The video game industry is maturing, and that's a good thing. It's still incredibly innovative and fast-paced, and it's hard to argue otherwise when by the end of the year the first true VR machine will come to consumers. Mobile gaming continues to evolve at great pace and is at the forefront of reaching new audiences and bringing gaming even more firmly into the mainstream as an established entertainment medium.
Ape wrote:It seems in order for a console to be a success these days you need to have
  • Shrewd marketing
Bolded have /always/ been true (although arguably while everyone has always made a big deal of having the best graphics, this isn't that important - time and again you can see the lesser-powered machine dominating the market. Just look at the Game Boy, the PS2 and the Wii for example. Price is as big a factor).

As for not being seen as a "kid's" console, I think that's another sign of the market maturing. The stereotype used to be that /all/ gaming was seen as a kid's activity, and the fact that now only certain consoles have that image is a sign of improvement. Yes Nintendo have a kid's image and it does hurt them in many respects, and I don't know how that can be easily solved without losing that incredibly important market for Nintendo (which it very much is). To be honest, I'm not even sure they need to.

I think you'd be completely delusional to think that the videogame industry is "destroying itself" too. It has its problems to work through (DLC and the like) but the industry is not going anywhere.

SupaWaluigi
NNID: Koopa96
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7126-6522
Steam ID: SupaWaluigi

Post by SupaWaluigi » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:03 am

OrangeRakoon wrote:I think you'd be completely delusional to think that the videogame industry is "destroying itself" too. It has its problems to work through (DLC and the like) but the industry is not going anywhere.
Oh no, I didn't mean it by saying that the games industry is destroying itself so that it will cease to exist, more so in the fact that we continue to see a lot of bad practices that we as consumers seem to continue to support.

And yes, there certainly are more innovations in technology currently occurring. VR technology is certainly looking very good, it's just this emphasis with each new console on power, graphics etc.

Maybe I should of said that, coupled with some of the negatives within development of the game industry, our culture that as consumers we create also has its own negatives, and thus this juvenile practice of trying to continually justify our own purchases by putting down others.

I dunno, I woke up this morning, read Ape's post, and immediately went with the pessimistic mindset for some reason :lol:

Game Geek - Film Fan - Lanky

YouTube: SupaWaluigi
Twitter

Pineapple
NNID: Waddl.D
Steam ID: A Disaster

Post by Pineapple » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:53 am

The true way to save the videogame industry is to be rid of QTEs forever.

mav

Post by mav » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:37 pm

How to release a console well.

1, Make sure people know about it.
2, Release must have games for it,
3, Have more exciting games release in the time after the console release.
Nintendo ID: Mav-i-am

Can usually be found playing, Mario Maker, MK8, MH3U, Splatoon.

Moosenhagen
NNID: Moosenhagen
3DS Friend Code: 0087-3574-4918

Post by Moosenhagen » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:41 pm

mav wrote:How to release a console well.

1, Make sure people know about it.
2, Release must have games for it,
3, Have more exciting games release in the time after the console release.
Release at time other consoles are released
Currently Playing -
Wii U - Assassins Creed Black Flag, SSB4, Mariokart 8
3DS - ACNL, Fantasy Life and Pokemon X