Nintendo E3 - Digital Presentation Done

June 16-18 2015 is E3! Discuss the expo and related events here.
This subforum has now been archived, and is read only.
Bix
NNID: Wiitabix
3DS Friend Code: 5429-6832-2984
PSN ID: Deadspace-Maniac
Steam ID: Deadspacemaniac

Re: Nintendo E3 - Digital Presentation Done

Post by Bix » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:50 am

I'm not sure it needs to be at the same time. Remember the Wii didn't suffer the same fate as the Wii U. If everything else about the release is spot on, then it doesn't matter really.
Wishing my SONM friends a very happy & successful Q3 in gaming
TIME !

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:35 pm

Nintendo's downfall really is that their audience matured and their current games don't hold the same rapport with kids that they did with us. That's not to say they're not still fun games but the majority of people who played games on Nintendo consoles before are now older and Nintendo doesn't really do much to accommodate for that. There was a video about how to revitalise the Sonic franchise not too long ago that dealt with the points that the average gamer is now aged 20-30, combine that with the kids "age range" narrowing from young kids to teens in years gone past to just young kids due to the presence of CoD and other high action shooters dominating the market. It all just means there's not the same demand for Nintendo's main brand of games as before and to most people there's just nothing on offer to warrant getting the systems.

You can release and have great games and advertise all you want, it's still not going to change the fact that Ninty's target audience is smaller than ever and the people who have the greatest affinity for their franchises are now all in their 20s or older and they're not being appealed to.
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

Bix
NNID: Wiitabix
3DS Friend Code: 5429-6832-2984
PSN ID: Deadspace-Maniac
Steam ID: Deadspacemaniac

Post by Bix » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:20 pm

JenovaPX wrote:how to revitalise the Sonic franchise not too long ago that dealt with the points that the average gamer is now aged 20-30, combine that with the kids "age range" narrowing from young kids to teens in years gone past to just young kids due to the presence of CoD and other high action shooters dominating the market.
I think the fact that images like this one below exist shows what a lot of (if not most) people consider to be mature gaming these days:

Wishing my SONM friends a very happy & successful Q3 in gaming
TIME !

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:45 pm

Yep, a knee jerk reaction to the problem that addressed and solved none of the problem. Still game of the generation though.

Worth a watch for looking at the problem some of these franchises suffer with, just looking purely at Sonic
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

Cruizer

Post by Cruizer » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:45 pm

I only clicked it because I've had 4 jager-bombs and can't sleep but that video was awesome. They nailed quite a lot of things wrong with the franchise, and it was nice it was made from a position of affection for the franchise. I liked their character design and would totally play a game like that. I like video-game critique that is backed up by graphs :D

Modern Sonic is ok but I'm not sure why I still play sonic games, they were past their prime before I ever played a computer game. I'm not sure how Sonic manages to keep a loyal fanbase, he's just a mascot. Pacman is also a mascot, but I have no desire to play those weird pacman platformers, just because of the goodwill from the original Namco game, whereas I'll probably end up getting Sonic Boom solely because the first 3 were so great.....2 decades ago.
"soylent green is people"