Review E3 like your opinion matters

June 16-18 2015 is E3! Discuss the expo and related events here.
This subforum has now been archived, and is read only.
Kesskuron
NNID: Kesskuron
3DS Friend Code: 167643044135
PSN ID: Kesskuras
Steam ID: Kesskuron

Review E3 like your opinion matters

Post by Kesskuron » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:08 pm

So the conferences are over, and while there's still a few days left and some live coverage to go, what did you think of this year's E3 altogether? Good? Bad? Yadda

All in all I think this was a very good E3; a hell of a lot of strong games on show, as well as some nice reveals. Sadly, out of all the big titles that were shown, very few appeal to me personally. For me Dark Souls 3, Just Cause 3, Deus Ex, Hyrule Warriors Legends, Horizon: the subtitle I forgot and a few others stood out, but nothing truly blew me away this year. Still, for those who are into the major titles that were shown this year it must've been quite an exciting show overall. Looks like next year promises to be something of a memorable year for gaming.

This is still the best thing from the whole show though

Robbie

Re: Review E3 like your opinion matters

Post by Robbie » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:12 pm

Good. Sony's conference was great and I was kinda fanboying throughout it. Microsoft's was awful but I don't care about them, but that Rare games collection though. Nintendo's was solid but expected.

So like a 7/10 overall (I have yet to watch the smaller conferences)

D.J
PSN ID: SpacedDJ

Post by D.J » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:27 pm

I didn't watch any of the conferences, but Sony have by far the most impressive line up (and that's not even my PS4 bias speaking).
ImageImage

Blaxel411
NNID: Black-wolf209
3DS Friend Code: 4811-7239-6713
Xbox Gamertag: Not on my life

Post by Blaxel411 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:34 pm

Bethesda- 8/10
Microsoft- 6/10
EA- 5/10
Ubisoft- 6/10
Sony- 8/10
Nintendo- 8/10
Square enix- KH3/10
The japs stole the show
I think we can all agree that i`m a great asset to the human race.

Pineapple
NNID: Waddl.D
Steam ID: A Disaster

Post by Pineapple » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:43 pm

Blaxel411 wrote:The japs
gooseberry fool hell.

Spilskinanka
Steam ID: Spilskinanka

Post by Spilskinanka » Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:54 pm

I don't care for hype and I don't watch conferences but I'm glad that Dishonoured 2 got announced. But then again, E3 was never about PC much so I suppose I will be grumpy about it eh

ME:A has too little info to go on (as do a lot of other things: daily reminder to not preorder, kids)
WeAreHarbinger: who cates aobut jnvidoe ngmajesj

Moosenhagen
NNID: Moosenhagen
3DS Friend Code: 0087-3574-4918

Post by Moosenhagen » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:01 pm

Disappointed that the animal crossing content for Wii u isn't an actual game, but a party board game thing instead. I bet the corresponding amiibos will be scalped too...
Currently Playing -
Wii U - Assassins Creed Black Flag, SSB4, Mariokart 8
3DS - ACNL, Fantasy Life and Pokemon X

DJHero
Xbox Gamertag: Andy177

Post by DJHero » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:22 pm

KH3. Star Wars Battlefront.

That is all, also:

Square > Microsoft > Sony = Bethesda > Ubisoft > EA > Nintendo

Edd
3DS Friend Code: 2380-3173-1972
PSN ID: Eddc15
Steam ID: Eddc15

Post by Edd » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:25 pm

Sony > Ubisoft > Microsoft > Bethesda > Nintendo > EA > Square

Hard to be that hyped for KH3 when we probably aren't getting it until 2017 at least.
Mr.EE ~ Edd is the best! Edd is super hot!
arceus469 ~ Edd is just a lonely little internet bully with no friends.

row101
NNID: row101
3DS Friend Code: Hello world.
PSN ID: Why are you reading?
Xbox Gamertag: Why am I typing?
Steam ID: Why are we alive?

Post by row101 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:33 pm

It was alright. Not as good as last year. Nintendo was pretty disappointing. KH3 looking glorious though.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - George Washington

samus_killer
NNID: samus_killer
PSN ID: samus_killer
Xbox Gamertag: SamusKiller

Post by samus_killer » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:51 pm

Think Microsoft had the best conference in terms of pace and what they showed, but personally preferred Sony's because I'm more interested in their games. Don't care for Gears or Halo. DAT RARE COLLECTION THO

Ubi's was pretty cool. They had a great start with the new South Park, and great end with the trilogy Tom Clancy games. The middle was pretty poor though. Obviously we're not the target demographic for Just Dance, but then why show it here? Assassin's Creed's showing was terrible, should've focussed more on the gameplay itself and why swapping between two characters matter... which they did with a separate trailer on their YT channel.

EA's had a great start with the Mass Effect bomb and that Unravelled game, then... Zzzzzzzzzzzzz oh my GOD the pace of the middle was sooooooo slooooooooow. I'm interested in hald of those sports as well, but it was presented so poorly. Then FINALLY Star Wars Battlefront... and then my stream crashed. Looks awesome though, just deflated all hype with the crappy middle section.

As for Nintendo; I have so many mixed feelings. It just baffles me why Nintendo didn't make a big deal out of Platinum Games co-developing Star Fox Zero. It's literally been everyone's hope since Nintendo announced the game last year. It's even got Bayonetta 2's director working on it. Instead Nintendo save this gold for the Treehouse live event, where they just nonchalantly drop it in there. Meanwhile most of the gaming world are paying attention to Square's Press Conference and didn't even realise.
I just felt the overall pacing was poor - they spent far too long on some games that we already knew so much about. Games like Yoshi's Woolly World and Super Mario Maker are almost out, show them in a nice and quick way, and then move on. The Animal Crossing amiibo Festival was a huge dick tease too. AC on Wii U? LOL KINDA

Didn't Square's because of Nintendo's treehouse event. Don't seem to have missed much either.

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:04 pm

Sony easily had the best conference, and let me explain why.

The show begins, a man walks on stage, and he tells us all that they're going to show off some pretty great games, starting with something that's highly anticipated and a long time coming - The Last Guardian. He drops the mic as the crowd break into applause and the gameplay trailer rolls, showing off the game 8 years in the making and originally announced back in 2009 - a game that has since been the continued subject of rampant rumour for the last 5 E3s and hasn't appeared at a single one, that many never expected to ever make an appearance. The sequel to two of the best games ever made, that redefined what games can even be and are still held up as the prime examples of videogames as art. And I lost my goddamn mind because this is the most hype way you could ever hope to start an E3 conference.

Then boom, a brand new exclusive IP from Guerilla, and it's a triple A post-apocalyptic robot dinosaur hunting action adventure with a badass female lead and a beautifully realised game world. Yes goddamn please. Like that? Then maybe you'd like the world premier of a Hitman reboot too, which is pretty cool. But don't stop there - then they roll straight into "fan favourite" Street Fighter 5, which isn't my personal cup of tea, but you can't really argue against the next entry in one of the most beloved videogame franchises of all time having a brief show.

Remember that other exclusive No Man's Sky? Because you should. And here is is again, with even more scale to blow. your. mind. Still looking beautiful and incredible. I have spent hours exploring islands in Proteus, and they are essentially all the same. It looks like I could get lost in No Man's Sky for months.

So that was cool, but remember Mm, that studio who make some of your favourite games out there? Why yes, they do have Tearaway Unfolded coming out soon, but before that how about we show their brand new project Dreams. And yes, it does look goddamn beautiful. Even if the vast majority of player created content ends up being dicks, they are probably going to be some pretty as hell dicks. Which is not a sentence I thought I'd ever say.

Remember that game Firewatch you've seen a little about? That one that sounds super interesting and unique with a real emphasis on having a sense of place and player choice, that affects this complex relationship between the two main characters? Yeah have some more of that.

Destiny, okay, whatever. And Assassin's Creed too. But y'know they're pretty big titles so I guess they are going to get shown off whatever. But oh WAIT what's this a cute as hell Final Fantasy Vita game? Yes please! BUT HOW ABOUT A FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE TOO. Wow I can't believe they would have a press conference with both The Last Guardian and Final Fantasy VII rema- OH SWEET LORD IT'S SHENMUE III WHAT IS HAPPENING.

(also I totally just skipped over some cool looking indie games that are probably gonna be on PS+ some time)

Then we got Batman, which is cool I guess, before they decide to show off some Project Morpheus and oh my is that a VR multiplayer mech fighting game? This is all I ever wanted VR for, and now I have it with RIGS.

Something something TV, something something COD, something something disney infinity star wars, now wake up it's Battlefront time! Sorry it's still not Battlefront II but look, it has some fun looking modes on it still with SPLIT SCREEN YES.

So that was a pretty great conference right OH YEAH ALSO UNCHARTED 4 THIS GAME WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE.

Thank you and goodnight

Ploiper
NNID: ploiper
PSN ID: ploiper

Post by Ploiper » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:06 pm

out of the lot, enjoyed nintendo's more than anyone else's, was more games announced that I wanted to get than say sony where there was only uncharted 4. nice to see things like that rare collection and Shenmue 3 get announced though.
EAT DIRT VILE SIG OF DOOM, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LostNoob
NNID: LostNoob
3DS Friend Code: 4313-1610-8457
PSN ID: thatlostnoob94
Xbox Gamertag: NlinjaNidoking
Steam ID: thatlostnoob94

Post by LostNoob » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:32 pm

The Bethesda one was okay, but mostly felt like it only existed for Fallout, but Fallout 4 looks amazing, so worth it. 7/10

The Microsoft one wasn't too bad, but too many CG trailers and Crackdown 3 was a no show. 6/10

EA was just boring, the only game I was interested in is Mass Effect 4, and still no gameplay Pelé/10

The Ubisoft one was really entertaining, aisha tyler is the perfect host, I don't even care if I wasn't interested in most of the games, it was fantastic, well For Honor looks interesting. 8/10

The Sony conference was pretty boring, but had an amazing lineup, The Last Guardian, Final Fantasy VII remake, Shenmue 3 kickstarter announced, Uncharted 4 demo, really exited for most the games announced. 9/10

Nintendo direct, the muppets thing was funny, the developer back story things are interesting, but the games weren't all that interesting, I suppose they don't need to have some amazing AAA masterpiece every year, probably holding out for next year with the NX lineup (probably why this year was so dull, all the big developers were probably doing NX stuff. 5/10

Square Enix, seemed very formal, but pretty dull, the Just Cause 3 trailer was great, and the moon face thing will scar me for life, but it was still pretty boring, still, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Star Ocean! 5/10

PC gamer, like a boring chatshow, not enough gameplay and just Zzzzzz #haveawank/10

Too be honest, this E3 has been great in terms of games, even if they were presented in a boring way.
Last edited by LostNoob on Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Scapegoat
PSN ID: UploadedNetwork

Post by Scapegoat » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:38 am

Sony: 9/10
Nintendo: 7/10
Microsoft: 6/10
Ubisoft: Rainbow Six/10
Square: 6/10
Bethesda: 6/10

I'm hyped about Birdie being in SF5.

Icarus1497
NNID: Natty_T
3DS Friend Code: 1160 9854 7866

Post by Icarus1497 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:59 am

Sony: 9/10
Microsoft: 6/10
Nintendo: 6/10

Nothing from the Microsoft conference thrilled me, everything was just average. Nintendo's was made average by having some pretty great looking stuff only to be dragged down by such tedious moments. Even as someone who doesn't own a Playstation, I have to admit their games looked sweet. And best.

Casplen
NNID: Casplen
PSN ID: Casplenn
Steam ID: Casplen

Post by Casplen » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:34 am

Not a lot for me this year, but some good announcements scattered about. Quite interested in Fallout 4 despite never playing anything from the series. Also I would be infinitely less happy if I didn't check out the PC gaming show news (that no-one here seems to have taken any notice of), because I found out that this is a thing.

It's from Frontier, so RollerCoaster Tycoon might live on in the way it should. Best announcement.

But yeah if I try to ignore how disappointing Nintendo was, it was a fairly consistent and decent year. Woo.
Last edited by Casplen on Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

masa
NNID: nonoriri.k
3DS Friend Code: 1908-1215-2187
PSN ID: Cervanres
Xbox Gamertag: nonoriri k
Steam ID: masakisu

Post by masa » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:39 am

Fallout 4 is hype

Does anyone really care about microsoft? Das3 and Rare collection, wow thats it

Ea was basically just look how gooseberry fool cool DICE are mirror's edge 2 AND battlefront

Fractured but whole/10

Sony broke the event just by being able to count to 3. Shenmue 3? Trico? Well done sony im buying a ps4

Nintendo... what are you doing. Star fox looks great, so does paper mario and luigi but that was just a terrible event. Cool puppets though.

Kingdom hearts 3/10. Also why is Nier 2 developed by PLATINUM not a bigger deal?

SupaWaluigi
NNID: Koopa96
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7126-6522
Steam ID: SupaWaluigi

Post by SupaWaluigi » Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:35 am

Only watched Nintendo's and Sony's so far.

Mixed feelings about both. Both have games I am excited for, yet both have games I couldn't care about. I think in the wake of Nintendo's E3 showing, I do think people are giving it a little too much flak, as in my opinion, they showed some awesome games that are coming out pretty soon, and I feel Sony (like usual) had a little too much developer jargen and such.

But in contrast to Nintendo's showing, I do think Sony did have the better conference, but that it is purely down to Uncharted 4's vehicle demo, which looks AMAZING and makes me want to see a new Indiana Jones game made by the same developers!

I probably won't bother with the watching the other conferences, I'll just catch up on the news from other sources...

Game Geek - Film Fan - Lanky

YouTube: SupaWaluigi
Twitter

DarkRula
NNID: DarkRula
Xbox Gamertag: DarkRula
Steam ID: DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:14 pm

More and more, I guess, I'm becoming a PC gamer. Despite that, the PC Gaming Show was too late for me to watch. Out of all the conferences, I did watch EA [in which most games are sure to be on PC], Microsoft [who seem insistent of merging Xbox and PC gaming] and Nintendo [who, let's be honest, are my main source of gaming anyway].
Star Wars Battlefront and Mirror's Edge I can definitely get behind, while I'm a bit unsure of the new Need For Speed. Microsoft would interest me with PC gaming if they didn't keep showing off a bunch of MOBA's and free-to-play stuff. Frontier with the news of Planet Coaster was certainly interesting, since they had announced it ages back under the name of Coaster Park Tycoon. Seeing at least something of it was great.
Then we get to Nintendo, and I feel the Treehouse streams really make up for the Direct not being... direct enough about its games. Or should that be evenly distributed. They spent about half of the event on two games, then everything else was crammed in the last half, so that things that could have done with some better explaining weren't.
All in all, it was decent enough entertainment. Don't really score anything these days, so I guess I'll say it was a great event with some shortcomings.

Balladeer

Post by Balladeer » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:24 pm

The Sony event made me, a Nintendo fanboy, want to buy a PS4. The flipside is that they made me want to buy it next year, when the NX and Zelda will be coming out and it's dubious as to whether I'll have the time and money to play it all.

Nintendo actually showed off some pretty good games (not you Animal Crossing amiibo Festival), but did so badly. Pacing all over the shop, too much amiibo, too much SMM, too much of whatever the heck that ending segment was. If they'd sorted the pacing, given the new games more time (a new Zelda got all of five minutes!), included the SSB4 stuff in the main Direct, and ended with SF0, we could have gone away feeling like this:

Didn't pay much attention to the others. MS had all of one game that might theoretically appeal to me.
Member of the affiliated GNamer forum!

Bix
NNID: Wiitabix
3DS Friend Code: 5429-6832-2984
PSN ID: Deadspace-Maniac
Steam ID: Deadspacemaniac

Post by Bix » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:48 am

0-3 Puppets, crazy puppets
4-9 Puppets seen morphing, but they morph into Mario, Luigi and Peach. and continue with a small but brilliant Super Mario Maker sequence (because we saw the best of Mario Maker at N W C)
10-15 Puppet Reggie challenges Iwata and takes a swing at him. Puppet Iwata reels back, is seen sporting a red tie head band, and thrusts arms together Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa DOKEN ! .. cgi of blue fireball sending Reggie out of the screen. Along with the reveal that Ryu joins Smash (because the underhyped pre show Smash event kept fans happy by revealing Roy and finally Lucas, but importantly held back Ryu for the DIGI EVENT Hype Train).

The show then runs it course with a few changes

1 title is changed to Metroid Blast 2: Federation Force.

Yoshi Wooly World segment is shortened due to Ryu's inclusion.

With Mario Maker time also shortened there is enough time to showcase the official trailer of Fast Racing Neo.

The 'we've all played Mario stuff' leave fans thinking 'aaaah thats cool but is this it?' Then,

With 6 minutes left - the orchestral music kicks back in. Cue the puppets morphing from the original opening sequence and the finale of the show .. a massive Star Fox reveal !

Small changes to the way everything went, but this way I feel more people would have been happier with the overall presentation. Still excited for some of the games we have coming though.
Wishing my SONM friends a very happy & successful Q3 in gaming
TIME !

ABoxerWhoIsPacifist
PSN ID: Riainjmp
Steam ID: B-Bomb

Post by ABoxerWhoIsPacifist » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:58 am

If it wasn't anymore obvious the PS4 is the console of this generation, it is now.

Bix
NNID: Wiitabix
3DS Friend Code: 5429-6832-2984
PSN ID: Deadspace-Maniac
Steam ID: Deadspacemaniac

Post by Bix » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:25 am

My only prediction of this generation is that the final total console sales will be far less across the board.. (nowhere near 260 mill+ that sold last gen) Sony have also appealed to more people and have the fire power and marketing down to a t. I should think when one of these big reveals we've seen this e3 finally see the light of day, I may very well get a PS4 unless they are already talking about PS5 that is.
Wishing my SONM friends a very happy & successful Q3 in gaming
TIME !

samus_killer
NNID: samus_killer
PSN ID: samus_killer
Xbox Gamertag: SamusKiller

Post by samus_killer » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:15 pm

Casplen wrote:

It's from Frontier, so RollerCoaster Tycoon might live on in the way it should. Best announcement.

But yeah if I try to ignore how disappointing Nintendo was, it was a fairly consistent and decent year. Woo.
OH MY GOD YES this looks like the true Rollercoaster Tycoon 4. Although I'm still interested in what RCTW is like when it eventually comes out. All I know is that RCT4M was absolute eton mess and an insult to the RCT name.