E3 2015 - Game of the Show - Results Countdown Page 2!

June 16-18 2015 is E3! Discuss the expo and related events here.
This subforum has now been archived, and is read only.
lmao

Re: E3 2015 - Game of the Show - Results Countdown Page 2!

Post by lmao » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:25 pm

Come on Unravel, you can still win this!

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:35 pm

What was the Super Mario Maker beater in third?

Only The Last Guardian of all games! Yes, it still exists!

OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:50 pm

Coming in at a comfortable second...

Star Fox Zero! With Nintendo's biggest E3 game placing second, what game has been voted as Super ONM's E3 2015 Game of the Show? All will be revealed in 15 minutes!

Pineapple
NNID: Waddl.D
Steam ID: A Disaster

Post by Pineapple » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:00 pm

Nice to see Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival has taken its rightful position as the game of E3 2015.

OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:06 pm

Finally, the reveal of Super ONM's E3 2015 Game of the Show, it's...

Fallout 4! The newest entry in the definitive post-apocalyptic RPG, and with a surprise E3 announcement of a 2015 release, Fallout 4 steals the show and is voted Super ONM's Game of the Show!

Bix
NNID: Wiitabix
3DS Friend Code: 5429-6832-2984
PSN ID: Deadspace-Maniac
Steam ID: Deadspacemaniac

Post by Bix » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:46 pm

Thats a seriously close to perfect list there .. and one any critic would have trouble arguing with .... ;)

Mario Maker and Star Fox both finish higher than I expected here.. both deserved a place imo ....
Wishing my SONM friends a very happy & successful Q3 in gaming
TIME !

ABoxerWhoIsPacifist
PSN ID: Riainjmp
Steam ID: B-Bomb

Post by ABoxerWhoIsPacifist » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:55 pm

So happy a non-Nintendo title was top, and rightfully so Fallout is.

Kesskuron
NNID: Kesskuron
3DS Friend Code: 167643044135
PSN ID: Kesskuras
Steam ID: Kesskuron

Post by Kesskuron » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:19 pm

God I wish I cared about fallout
All this hype I'm missing

barrybarryk

Post by barrybarryk » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:47 pm

Kesskuron wrote:God I wish I cared about fallout
Yeah I'm kinda in the same boat. The Bethesda.net launch and the inevitable train wreck of mass outages over Thanksgiving and Christmas when everyone is a)off work and b)trying to play games will be hilarious though.

It looks good, but anyone that thinks it's going to have a smooth launch will soon have their first Bethesda game launch under their belt.

Flag

Post by Flag » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:38 pm

Glad to see Cuphead and No Man's Sky on the list, sad to see them not higher up though. They both look rather incredible.

I will say though, Bethesda did things right with Fallout 4's launch. It wasn't OH MY GOD FALLOUT FOUR IS GOING TO BE AMAZING oh btw it's coming out in 2017 - the fact it's something like 5 months away from launch is pretty impressive. I really do hope that it isn't classic Bethesda game launch territory again though...

Follow me on Twitter - @FlagCaptured

barrybarryk

Post by barrybarryk » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:32 am

Yeah I hope it's not borked, but with the rollout of their uber platform Bethesda.net apparently coming right alongside their largest game launch to accommodate the mod sharing stuff I think it's even less doubtful it'll go smoothly.

Kesskuron
NNID: Kesskuron
3DS Friend Code: 167643044135
PSN ID: Kesskuras
Steam ID: Kesskuron

Post by Kesskuron » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:06 am

barrybarryk wrote:
Kesskuron wrote:God I wish I cared about fallout
Yeah I'm kinda in the same boat. The Bethesda.net launch and the inevitable train wreck of mass outages over Thanksgiving and Christmas when everyone is a)off work and b)trying to play games will be hilarious though.

It looks good, but anyone that thinks it's going to have a smooth launch will soon have their first Bethesda game launch under their belt.
While I agree with everything you said, I meant more that fallout is a series I've never been into (in my case this actually applies to all of Bethesda's franchises), so despite being able to see that it looks like a good game, it just does nothing for me

Like I couldn't get why anybody got hyped over the doom 4 trailer, but then again doom has never even slightly appealed to me and I've never played one outside of 15 minutes of Doom 3 before I got bored and turned it off

Bix
NNID: Wiitabix
3DS Friend Code: 5429-6832-2984
PSN ID: Deadspace-Maniac
Steam ID: Deadspacemaniac

Post by Bix » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:39 am

I liked the creation side of Doom. Making progress in a first person gore fest is nothing new, but creating and sharing maps and experiencing other non game designer levels does seem rather more exciting, to me anyway.
Wishing my SONM friends a very happy & successful Q3 in gaming
TIME !

Pineapple

Post by Pineapple » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:11 am

No Happy Home Designer, how disgraceful.

Balladeer

Post by Balladeer » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:42 am

I just can't be bothered about Fallout 4 in the slightest. Good to see SF0 up there, though.

Weird countdown for a Nintendo forum (no Triforce Heroes), but the only real weirdo in there is Cuphead.
Member of the affiliated GNamer forum!

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:04 pm

We haven't been a proper Nintendo orientated forum in a good while now so not that surprising, especially when Ninty's E3 was dire and other publishers nailed it
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

Pineapple

Post by Pineapple » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:23 pm

Balladeer wrote:(no Triforce Heroes)
Honestly I would have been shocked to see Triforce Heroes on this list, there's barely been any buzz about that game on SONM at all.

Balladeer

Post by Balladeer » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:49 pm

Change the name, then? ;) Nintendo's E3 was dire, but the games that were shown were better than they were given credit for. They suffered because of their presentation.

Regarding LoZTH, did nobody else enjoy Four Swords Adventures? I thought it was splendid fun.

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:30 pm

Yeah but it's incredibly different to Four Swords, the similarities really don't go much beyond co-op Zelda, other than that it looked kind of weak.
Destiny is Destiny.

Troggy
NNID: Ultramegatrogdor
3DS Friend Code: 0989-1858-5244

Post by Troggy » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:29 am

Cuphead could've been higher. But Star Fox Zero deserved it's spot.
SONM Robot Wars
"are you actually braindead or do you just really enjoy batman's penis in your mouth" - Decretum

OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:02 pm

Balladeer wrote:Change the name, then? ;) Nintendo's E3 was dire, but the games that were shown were better than they were given credit for. They suffered because of their presentation.

Regarding LoZTH, did nobody else enjoy Four Swords Adventures? I thought it was splendid fun.
Game of the Show isn't necessarily what you think was the best game shown off though, but the best presented, most hyped or biggest reveal too.

I am looking forward greatly to Triforce Heroes, but in terms of stealing the show at E3? It didn't even come close. The reveal was weak and they showed very little, with nothing to get excited over other than the fact that it exists.

Balladeer

Post by Balladeer » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:52 am

Fair enough in terms of the reveal (although I never thought the day would come when Nintendo fans wouldn't be excited over the mere presence of a new Zelda). I guess that in that case, I voted using slightly different criteria to most.
JenovaPX wrote:Yeah but it's incredibly different to Four Swords, the similarities really don't go much beyond co-op Zelda, other than that it looked kind of weak.
Do they need to go much beyond that? That was pretty much FSA's defining feature. And maybe it looked mediocre in the Treehouse streams (which I didn't watch), because it looked fine to me!

OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:05 am

I'm not really that big of a fan of the art style. Should have stayed back more Four Swords cel-shaded x LTTP or even Minish Cap I think. Still definitely going to play it mind!
Balladeer wrote:(although I never thought the day would come when Nintendo fans wouldn't be excited over the mere presence of a new Zelda)
It's much easier to not get as excited over a handheld/spinoff title. The console series can generate a ton of hype by just a mere mention, but I don't think the handheld titles can do the same, especially after the shrunk down and not brilliantly received Phantom Hourglass followed by the derivative (and in my opinion comparatively poor) Spirit Tracks.

They could have revealed the game a lot better too to give it more weight. If I'd been directing a reveal trailer it would have started looking like a single player game, the player failing to beat an enemy or something, and then suddenly the other 2 Link's appear and cut to the words "Online Multiplayer Zelda". That would have had some impact.

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:41 pm

The notion of stacking up to form a totem seeming to be a big part of the puzzles doesn't sell me. Four Swords had some really fun puzzles to solve but just stacking up on each other just doesn't seem enjoyable, I mean in terms of multiplayer it takes away from there being multiple people by having to stack up on each other and move as one thing. Likewise the job system seems interesting but it's not convincing me after ALBW and it's use of items wasn't particularly fun for me. I really like Zelda, it's a great franchise, but recent installments just haven't done it for me and I know a lot of people are in the same boat Warriors aside, especially compared to all the other games on offer that just did everything right.
Destiny is Destiny.

Balladeer

Post by Balladeer » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:49 pm

I hated the item system in ALBW and still loved the game! If you didn't like it then fair enough, this does seem to be multiplayer ALBW (like FSA was multiplayer LttP), but it's one of my very favourite 3DS games, if not my absolute favourite. It was brill!

As for dismissing the puzzles based on just looking them... Well, I wouldn't do that myself. It's historically a very strong area for the series. Even in PH, in my opinion a nadir of Zelda games (I've never played Zelda II), the puzzles were still good. ALBW likewise, despite limiting your items.
OrangeRakoon wrote:It's much easier to not get as excited over a handheld/spinoff title. The console series can generate a ton of hype by just a mere mention, but I don't think the handheld titles can do the same, especially after the shrunk down and not brilliantly received Phantom Hourglass followed by the derivative (and in my opinion comparatively poor) Spirit Tracks.

They could have revealed the game a lot better too to give it more weight. If I'd been directing a reveal trailer it would have started looking like a single player game, the player failing to beat an enemy or something, and then suddenly the other 2 Link's appear and cut to the words "Online Multiplayer Zelda". That would have had some impact.
PH and ST were mediocre. Since then they've had the fantastic ALBW. They were trying something new, had an off-generation, and now seem to be back on form. I'm not saying it wouldn't have looked nice cel-shaded, mind!

Like I said, I didn't judge the game on its reveal. If I had, out of all Nintendo's reveal, I'd only have been able to vote for SF0.