Microsoft - 5pm BST

June 14-16 2016 is E3! Discuss the expo and related events here.
This subforum has now been archived, and is read only.
Yubel
NNID: Alex-Haldane
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2474-9108
PSN ID: Alex-Haldane

Re: Microsoft - 5pm BST

Post by Yubel » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:14 pm

Although I'm not an Xbox guy, it's hard to deny those who are have an epic lineup. Only game I really wished wasn't exclusive is Scalebound.

It'll be interesting to see how Sony respond to Scorpio later on but I'm personally settled on the hardware front.
- Nintendo Yubellion -

Super ONM. Superior Yubel.

RichardUK
NNID: RichardBatesUK
3DS Friend Code: 1177-9740-4606
PSN ID: RichardBatesUK
Xbox Gamertag: RichardBatesUK

Post by RichardUK » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:21 pm

WithLoveAndSqualor wrote:so

was gonna buy an xbone s

but what's the point if they're bringing out the scorpio next christmas and you can play everything on that

why bring out the s
Money

I know what you mean though I was going to buy an s as well but I think I will just wait for the Scorpio
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'

WithLoveAndSqualor
NNID: KingDanana
3DS Friend Code: 2320-6489-5789
PSN ID: KingDanana
Xbox Gamertag: King Danana
Steam ID: King_Danana

Post by WithLoveAndSqualor » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:22 pm

RichardUK wrote:
WithLoveAndSqualor wrote:so

was gonna buy an xbone s

but what's the point if they're bringing out the scorpio next christmas and you can play everything on that

why bring out the s
Money
thankyou richard for your richard response
UNTOUCHABLE
HAIL TO THE KING/FM\ twit

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:23 pm

Money and more money.

With the 3 consoles it'll be interesting to see how long they support one before cancelling support meaning people will have to upgrade. They were pretty keen to say how all games will work on all 3 consoles at the moment, obviously the Scorpio will have better graphics/effects/fps but if they are moving to an incremental upgrade path the oldest will get left behind first, I hope for people who have just recently bought an Xbox One it'll be a couple of years at least.

DarkRula
NNID: DarkRula
Xbox Gamertag: DarkRula
Steam ID: DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:53 pm

Forza Horizon 3 moves to Australia. Nice. I am so skipping 2 and going straight for 3 [unless of course 2 goes on sale for more than half off].
Gonna download Tekken Tag Tournament 2 since its free, even if I don't have much experience with the series.
Also if I get time I'll see about that Halo Wars 2 beta.

The Xbox Play Anywhere is a good service to have. Finally cross-compatibility is going big on Xbox and PC. Hopefully PS4 can be added to that, even if just for the online play stuff. They did it on mobile with Minecraft, after all.

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:11 pm

Not overly sure why Sony would want to, it adds nothing really to their games whereas Microsoft get the push from the market whichever way their consumers buy. Sony would simply lose out if they joined in on that idea, beyond the very limited cross compatible games they already have out. I mean this move is just going to hurt XBone sales since now the move is to just buy a PC instead.
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

DarkRula
NNID: DarkRula
Xbox Gamertag: DarkRula
Steam ID: DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:12 pm

That is actually a good point. The only people who fully care about it would be those with an Xbox One and a powerful Gaming PC. Everyone else would just buy for one or the other. The only component of the service which is usable for everyone is the cross-play. Not sure it would hurt sales too much considering the Xbox One is the cheaper alternative, especially with the S hitting the market soon.