Sony - 2am

June 14-16 2016 is E3! Discuss the expo and related events here.
This subforum has now been archived, and is read only.
imbusydoctorwho
NNID: Da-Banker
3DS Friend Code: 3067-6402-2163
PSN ID: CrosswordMan

Re: Sony - 2am

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:02 pm

Watched the Conference this morning and yeah Sony blew it out of the water, the new God of War looks sublime (I honestly thought it was Horizon Zero Dawn at first) it has a feel of TLOU and Dark Souls about it and I'm looking forward to seeing more of it.
The Crash revival wasn't what I fully expected but I guess these remakes are to test the water for a new Crash.

Resident Evil 7 certainly takes a fair few cues from PT and that's no bad thing, is the whole game gonna be set in first person? If so that's certainly gonna shake the series up a bit.

The Sons of Anarchy Zombie edition game looks pretty good as well, looks way better than Dead Rising 4.

Nice to see Norman Reedus is back with Kojima, though the trailer was quite weird.
My Youtube Account PlaytendoGuy
Latest Reviews: Dishonored Death of the Outsider Uncharted Lost Legacy Yakuza Kiwami
PSN: Crossword Man
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

Ape
NNID: GenericAperson
3DS Friend Code: 133281054437
PSN ID: GSAperson

Post by Ape » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:18 pm

To be fair, survival horror and virtual reality are a very good match. RE7 has the potential to be the most immersiive horror game purely in Virtual Reality alone. All that's really missing would be being unable to feel if a zombie grabbed you.

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:17 pm

OrangeRakoon wrote:Yeah it lacked the one two punch of The Last Guardian and Shenmue 3 reveals, but I don't think we could have really expected anything like that.
That's the thing, TLG, Shenmue 3 and FF7 are easily some of the most anticipated games ever. It's impossible to top that again, having all three in the same conference was just kind of insane. It's a once in a decade thing if you're incedibly lucky to have multiple games of that calibre in the same presentation, even then there's been years where we had no announcement to garner that kind of response but Death Stranding is definitely something a lot of people got a reaction out of.
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:26 pm

Yep, agree completely.

Difference with Death Stranding is that it was both expected and is so early in development that there wasn't much to see. Very exciting but not surprising.

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:39 pm

To be honest I can't honestly think of a title I'd be surprised and genuinely excited on anything nearing that level right now though. I suppose RE2Make would have been up there but we already know it's coming.
Destiny is Destiny.

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:54 pm

TimeSplitters 4

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:31 pm

Well played
Destiny is Destiny.

WithLoveAndSqualor
NNID: KingDanana
3DS Friend Code: 2320-6489-5789
PSN ID: KingDanana
Xbox Gamertag: King Danana
Steam ID: King_Danana

Post by WithLoveAndSqualor » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:02 pm

LostNoob wrote:I won't lie, I'm a bit disappointed really, after the fantastic showing last year, Sony's conference this year just seemed, lacking.
Only a handful of games shown, only about 1 or 2 of them are likely to be out before the next E3, and the big focus was on another zombie game.
The new Spiderman game shows potential though, probably the only new game announced at this years E3 that I genuinely want to play.
you for real fam

also 'a handful of games' AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
JenovaPX wrote:To be honest I can't honestly think of a title I'd be surprised and genuinely excited on anything nearing that level right now though. I suppose RE2Make would have been up there but we already know it's coming.
haze 2: hazy dayz
UNTOUCHABLE
HAIL TO THE KING/FM\ twit

WithLoveAndSqualor

Post by WithLoveAndSqualor » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:37 pm

posting it here because why not

resi 7 is confirmed to be a continuation of the story timeline-wise, taking place after the events of resi 6, rather than a separate timeline/story. not sure how to feel about this, A) yeah that's kind of cool because leon, etc. are still knocking about, B) this runs the risk of eton mess tentacle zombies turning up halfway through the game with assault rifles. pls no. it's apparently set in a rural plantation/farm environment, RESI 4 AS gooseberry fool MATE
UNTOUCHABLE

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:44 pm

I don't know, they saw the reaction to RE2make and the positive response to RE4 getting re-released and they know how people felt about 6 and the mixed response to 5. SFV coming out too soon aside, Capcom have been pretty solid lately and the trailer looks like they know what they're doing in terms of direction so I'm optimistic.
Destiny is Destiny.

WithLoveAndSqualor

Post by WithLoveAndSqualor » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:18 pm

just finished the demo. it's short, way shorter than P.T, which it's obviously taking direct influence from, but it doesn't loop in the same way as P.T and has a more explorable/open environment, so that's something. it kinda gooseberry fool with your head in the same way as P.T, which is great, and i adore the whole creepy backwoods/true detective-meets-silent hill vibe it has going on. not sure if i'm ok with them turning it into a walking simulator for the whole game, if they're doing it as an FPS then ok, but i'd rather have a way to fight back than have an outlast/amnesia clone. if they styled it in the same way as silent hill 4 and had the indoor or certain indoor segments in first person and the outside traversal/combat in third person, then that'd be golden. i'm liking the whole tv crew scenario as well, as far as the demo shows anyway, and the enemies not, as far as i can see, being zombies per se, a lá resi 4's ganados. i mean the dude at the end just seemed insane, not a zombie/infected.

but yeah it's gooseberry fool good. gooseberry fool playing it in VR though.
UNTOUCHABLE

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:29 pm

Annoyed that it's locked behind PS+, is the demo only for a limited time or is it going to be a permanent fixture?
Destiny is Destiny.

WithLoveAndSqualor

Post by WithLoveAndSqualor » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:25 pm

it is? and i'm guessing it's going to be permanent, i don't think they're gonna do a konami and pull it like they did P.T

EDIT- it has a bunch of different endings/fail states like P.T, i only got the ending where you use the front door because i refused to go upstairs and couldn't bring myself to use the ladder to go down to the basement. might try it again soon though. also it's been confirmed by capcom that this demo doesn't have much to do with the main game and you won't play as the guy you play as here during the main game. find this a bit of a weird thing to come out with though considering how much the promo art is focusing on the house, the theme of the creepy family in the demo and the videotapes. i mean cool, don't have us play as the guy from the demo but it seems strange to come out and be like 'yeah this isn't the game.'

it's been confirmed to all be in first person too, so yeah, we're basically getting a walkathon (although you can sprint/crouch a little in the demo) but with inventory management, not sure if they're going down the herbs, etc. route though
UNTOUCHABLE

RichardUK
NNID: RichardBatesUK
3DS Friend Code: 1177-9740-4606
PSN ID: RichardBatesUK
Xbox Gamertag: RichardBatesUK

Post by RichardUK » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:48 am

WithLoveAndSqualor wrote:it has a bunch of different endings/fail states like P.T, i only got the ending where you use the front door because i refused to go upstairs and couldn't bring myself to use the ladder to go down to the basement.
I did the exact same thing, I just wanted to get out of the house as quick as possible
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:25 pm

Makes perfect sense to release a demo like this tbh, even if it's not representative of the game, just to have it fill the PT void to get people going. Interesting that it's reasonably detached from the main game but not too surprising if it's a prelude to something or whatever.
Destiny is Destiny.