Nintendo Direct Thread

Come here to talk about anything to do with Nintendo, including Switch, WiiU, 3DS and mobile.
DarkRula
NNID: DarkRula
Xbox Gamertag: DarkRula
Steam ID: DarkRula

Re: Nintendo Direct Thread

Post by DarkRula » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:00 am

Metroid Prime 4 is still way off. I doubt we'll be seeing anything yet.
GameXplain had some interesting predictions in a video almost double the length of the Direct itself. Needless to say, if GTA V and Fallout 4 get announced today, that would be overkill - even more so if it was GTA 6 and Fallout 5.
I'm half expecting Sims 4 to show up as well.

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:58 am

Wouldn't even think twice about buying The Sims 4, think the last sims game I played for a decent amount of time was the second one when I had it for my GameCube.

I'm not expecting Fallout 4 though, would take away from Skyrim sales. Suppose GTA V is a possibility but I'd say unlikely, again given LA Noire and taking sales away.

RainbowGazelle
NNID: RainbowGazelle
3DS Friend Code: various codes
PSN ID: RainbowGazelle

Post by RainbowGazelle » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:23 am

I'm hoping for some footage of the unseen Kirby game on 3DS. And any other surprise reveals would be nice, although I doubt there will be many.
I'm RG Chris on Splatoon!

danbish
NNID: TheFatPlumber
3DS Friend Code: 0920-1615-5762
Xbox Gamertag: Emerald Eagle
Steam ID: TheFatPlumber

Post by danbish » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:02 pm

Looking forward to this tonight. Personally I'm hoping for Bayonetta 3 which if announced, I will literally cry tears of joy. Especially if they reveal a 1-3 pack.

Yubel
NNID: Alex-Haldane
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2474-9108
PSN ID: Alex-Haldane

Post by Yubel » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:44 pm

I'm looking out for holiday bundles (Mario Odyssey/Switch please), more info on the upcoming Champion's Ballad DLC and those two new kingdoms in Mario Odyssey Iv'e been hearing about.

As for third-parties I'm going to bet we get a peek at L.A Noire on Switch as well as a port of something (Overwatch...ARK...dare I say GTA V...?) which is very much hard to predict.
- Nintendo Yubellion -

Super ONM. Superior Yubel.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:27 pm

I'd have thought bundles were a given now they're entering the Christmas period I'd the year. Do they still bundle games as a download code with the Switch? Always thought it was a bit strange considering the console only has 32GB total internal storage, thought the same with the Wii U where I believe the Nintendo bundles shipped with a code (although I may be wrong on this front).

I'm trying to keep away from Mario Odyssey news, done a decent job so far so while I'm expecting some footage tonight I hope it isn't too much

imbusydoctorwho
NNID: Da-Banker
3DS Friend Code: 3067-6402-2163
PSN ID: CrosswordMan

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:42 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Bayonetta and Smash port and more info on this 3DS Kirby game.
My Youtube Account PlaytendoGuy
Latest Reviews: Dishonored Death of the Outsider Uncharted Lost Legacy Yakuza Kiwami
PSN: Crossword Man
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

SupaWaluigi
NNID: Koopa96
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7126-6522
Steam ID: SupaWaluigi

Post by SupaWaluigi » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:48 pm

Some incredibly tasty nuggets of info there! For me mainly Super Mario Odyssey has me super hooked, but the announcement of Doom and Wolfenstein II had me like :o :o :o Plus with L.A Noire and Skyrim its gonna be a packed christmas period!

Lucky my birthday's around then too ;)

Game Geek - Film Fan - Lanky

YouTube: SupaWaluigi
Twitter

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:49 pm

Nothing outlandish but that was a very good direct, couple of new announcements in Doom and Wolfenstein 2 which I wasn't expecting. Shame there was stil no mention of Yooka Laylee.

Nintendonator3000

Post by Nintendonator3000 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:51 pm

Decent direct. Mario and Xenoblade are looking great, release dates are nice to have, some third party surprises are good too.
Ever since joining the original ONM I've been a huge Nintendo fan (specifically Zelda) and am looking forward to some great discussions. I was previously known as Lego Master

Vtheyoshi
NNID: vtheyoshi
Steam ID: VlaSoul

Post by Vtheyoshi » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:52 pm

gooseberry fool DOOM YO

Will probably get that, Wolfenstein and LA Noire

Mario is looking pretty cool as expected, still no concrete release tho

Thanks to yung Kriken for the sig and avatar (asuka best girl)
MAL
Deviantart (trying to be more active nowadays, views are always appreciated) UPDATED 21/06/17

shy guy 64
NNID: digitaltriforce

Post by shy guy 64 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:59 pm

pretty good i found, looking forward to several of those games
I'm bad and that's good. I will never be good and thats not bad. theres no one id rather be than me

Yubel
NNID: Alex-Haldane
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2474-9108
PSN ID: Alex-Haldane

Post by Yubel » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:01 pm

The multitude of new stuff they showed/teased for Super Mario Odyssey has me salivating honestly - like the snapshot feature and was really surprised by some of the new forms Mario can take on, it's just wild.

Cool new third-party announcements too and in a larger quantity than I think any of us were expecting. Overall a brilliant direct, cannot wait for that Odyssey bundle.
- Nintendo Yubellion -

Super ONM. Superior Yubel.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:02 pm

Didn't they say October 27th for Mario?

Games line up is definitely looking filled up for the rest of this year in Pokémon Ultra Moon and Gold on my 3DS. Then Mario Odyssey, Skyrim, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, hopefully Yooka Laylee and then I'll probably pick up one of Doom or LA Noire, Dooms meant to be decent isn't it?

H.Kazuhira
NNID: H.Kazuhira

Post by H.Kazuhira » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:31 pm

Octopath Traveler looking sublime. I kept expectations fairly low so I don't feel really that disappointed with the Direct. Xenoblade went on for far too long tho.
I am the reason, the answer and the problem.
Twitter

Sonicka

Post by Sonicka » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:56 pm

Sweet. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and FFVI HD Octopath Traveler really caught my eye - surprised there is a Demo for a game that only has a working title too - and a weird one at that (not that Bravely Default/Second made sense unless you played the game) - but I would have thought something like "Travellers F8te" would have been the more obvious choice considering.

I gotta say - after watching some more footage that Super Mario Odyssey, it is beginning to look a bit more appealing to me now. Something just felt off to me from the initial reveal until now... and I can't put my finger on what - which is puzzling me because I love Mario and am overjoyed he's coming back for a true 3D Adventure after all this time.

I think as far as Smash Bros 3DS/WiiU for Switch +DLC - this will get its own focused direct in the new year - same for Bayonetta 1/2 switch edition (...& 3?). The main focus seemed to be headlines for the holidays and early next year with a few port support surprises at the moment.

Nofes
NNID: noffles
3DS Friend Code: 2320 6164 3159
PSN ID: Inofa
Xbox Gamertag: Inofa
Steam ID: Inofa

Post by Nofes » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:27 am

Let's do the Odyssey

In a month and 13 days

;-;
Bucket

fulhamben

Post by fulhamben » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:32 am

Sonicka wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:56 pm
Sweet. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and FFVI HD Octopath Traveler really caught my eye - surprised there is a Demo for a game that only has a working title too - and a weird one at that (not that Bravely Default/Second made sense unless you played the game) - but I would have thought something like "Travellers F8te" would have been the more obvious choice considering.

I gotta say - after watching some more footage that Super Mario Odyssey, it is beginning to look a bit more appealing to me now. Something just felt off to me from the initial reveal until now... and I can't put my finger on what - which is puzzling me because I love Mario and am overjoyed he's coming back for a true 3D Adventure after all this time.

I think as far as Smash Bros 3DS/WiiU for Switch +DLC - this will get its own focused direct in the new year - same for Bayonetta 1/2 switch edition (...& 3?). The main focus seemed to be headlines for the holidays and early next year with a few port support surprises at the moment.
What makes you think smash will be a port and not a new game?

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:27 am

Mario looking amazing

I'm also excited for portable Skyrim. I could talk about problems with the game for days, but it still all comes together so well as a world to get lost in, and I can't wait to have that plus the DLC all portably.

Some big third party announcements, but it's hard to get excited for old ports unfortunately. Rocket league will be great but I've got it on PS4, and while Dragon Quest Builders is a brilliant game I've already played through it on Vita.

Fire Emblem Warriors on 3DS made me laugh. As did Minecraft on New 3DS. I want that for the pure novelty.

I'm becoming more interested in Project Octopath for those visuals. Will have to download the demo!

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:09 pm

I'll be downloading the demo for Octopath Traveller when I get home, looks good!

imbusydoctorwho
NNID: Da-Banker
3DS Friend Code: 3067-6402-2163
PSN ID: CrosswordMan

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:48 pm

Overall a really nice direct, with some big surprises.

Mario looks honestly phenomenal and think its safe to say it'll scoring plenty of perfect scores.

Xenoblade is shaping up nicely, and it's great to see it's coming out this year.

The 3DS is still very much alive with some rather nice releases, and Minecraft which will be pretty popular.

Fire Emblem Fates has finally got another classic character in Lyn and if the leaks are right Celica will also be appearing.

Biggest shock has to be Doom and Wolfenstein coming to Switch, seriously both games are very graphically demanding titles and while there will probably be a downgrade on Switch, this also proves that anyone who says the Switch isn't powerful enough is talking a load of bull.

Still no Internet browser and apps which is a shame, hopefully they'll come next year when the online system launches.
My Youtube Account PlaytendoGuy
Latest Reviews: Dishonored Death of the Outsider Uncharted Lost Legacy Yakuza Kiwami
PSN: Crossword Man
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

RainbowGazelle
NNID: RainbowGazelle
3DS Friend Code: various codes
PSN ID: RainbowGazelle

Post by RainbowGazelle » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:15 pm

Switch finally has some more decent games coming. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 looks great, as expected. Even the Mario game actually looks good.

The 3DS is almost done, which is a shame, although I'm still wanting Monster Hunter Stories, Metroid: Samus Returns, and Sushi Striker. I might get the new Layton game and Kirby depending on how they score. Fire Emblem Warriors will be a no when they inevitably announce all the DLC they cut from the main game. Atlus still has a lot of stuff coming, so I'll look into that. And I want Minecraft on N3DS for a reason I don't understand.
I'm RG Chris on Splatoon!

fulhamben

Post by fulhamben » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:30 pm

Just watched it again. I personally, am super impressed. So many games that I want from that direct. Obviously. Mario goes without saying. But never played doom (since the original) so I'll be getting that. Wolfenstein too. I purposely didn't get dragon builders on ps4 as I was hoping for a switch release ☺. Otopath looks more like. Good ff game, than ff games have looked in the last decade. Never played Kirkby so I'll be getting that. Getting fifa next week. Love rocket league so will probably get that at some point. Tiny army looks good too. I'm forgetting loads, but I want them all. Just need to figure out how to pay for them all 😁

danbish
NNID: TheFatPlumber
3DS Friend Code: 0920-1615-5762
Xbox Gamertag: Emerald Eagle
Steam ID: TheFatPlumber

Post by danbish » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:54 pm

Impressed with last night's Direct. I never saw Doom or Wolfenstein coming at all, that was a complete shock. Mario odyssey looks lovely still as does Octopath Traveller. Mario Party 100 could be interesting. But I'm disappointed in the Arcade series, I was hoping for a Virtual Console like the rest of us Switch owners. Still, at least the Arcade series is in good hands, Hamster have done some excellent work with the NeoGeo stuff.

Sonicka

Post by Sonicka » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:00 pm

fulhamben wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:32 am
Sonicka wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:56 pm
I think as far as Smash Bros 3DS/WiiU for Switch +DLC - this will get its own focused direct in the new year.
What makes you think smash will be a port and not a new game?
Well, poor WiiU sales (not the game for the system, just the system) + the likes of Mario Kart 8 and Zelda: Breath of The Wild being ported to the Switch to inflate sales to their respective brands and games in general just makes sense. It would be wise for Nintendo to take the base of both games + all the DLC and re-release this into a Deluxe version that contains the best of if not both versions with all stages and modes combined.

That's not to say there won't be a definitive Smash game on Switch - but each entry now is becoming harder to improve upon (and with a character roster of 50+ characters all this series can do is grow larger). So this is an easy way to get the title out there again for brand new players rather than wait another 3-4 years.

I'm not saying it will happen (hell, Nintendo deviate from what the public expects all the time) but's it's probably as likely as Nintendo being done with Mario Kart and finally fully evolving it into Nintendo Kart Racing for the next entry...