NintenPolls - Fire Emblem: Fated Favourite!

Come here to talk about anything to do with Nintendo, including Switch, WiiU, 3DS and mobile.
Nintendonator3000

Re: NintenPolls - Zelda: Divine Dungeons!

Post by Nintendonator3000 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:22 pm

Tempted to pick Twilight Princess as those dungeons are great - but I'm going to settle with Skyward Sword.
The dungeons has interesting mechanics and locations with some really memorable moments such as climbing the rope in Ancient Cistern, Pirate duel on the Boat dungeon, and the Sky Keep being a puzzle itself.
Ever since joining the original ONM I've been a huge Nintendo fan (specifically Zelda) and am looking forward to some great discussions. I was previously known as Lego Master

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:39 pm

I'd prefer to cherry-pick dungeons from lots of games as the best examples as I don't really think one game stands out consistently above all the others, but if I have to choose one game it would probably be between Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time and ALBW.

I'm going to go with OoT for the sheer memorability of them, especially the Deku Tree and Forest Temple - the latter of which is I think the definitive Zelda dungeon.

imbusydoctorwho
NNID: Da-Banker
3DS Friend Code: 3067-6402-2163
PSN ID: CrosswordMan

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:46 pm

Twilight Princess for me, from the monkey obsessed first dungeon, to defying gravity in the Goron Mines Twilight Princess offered so many fun and memorable dungeons.
My Youtube Account PlaytendoGuy
Latest Reviews: Dishonored Death of the Outsider Uncharted Lost Legacy Yakuza Kiwami
PSN: Crossword Man
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

Sabrofra
NNID: GameBoySam
3DS Friend Code: 2406-5595-5668
Steam ID: Sabrofra

Post by Sabrofra » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:58 pm

I'm going to say A Link Between Worlds. I can't think of a single dungeon in that game which I disliked.

danbish
NNID: TheFatPlumber
3DS Friend Code: 0920-1615-5762
Xbox Gamertag: Emerald Eagle
Steam ID: TheFatPlumber

Post by danbish » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:28 pm

Since I haven't gotten around to playing A Link Between Worlds yet (its on my shelf and I will get round to playing it, honest) my vote is going to Ocarina of Time. I particularly enjoyed the Spirit Temple (using the Mirror Shield in certain puzzles was a stroke of genius), Spirit and Fire temples as they were very atmospheric.

The Water Temple can still burn in hell though.

euan707
NNID: Cameron
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2551-9050

Post by euan707 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:31 pm

It seems I just don't like OoT in general, as I can't recall any of the dungeons all that well. I'll give my vote to Skyward Sword, as I'm playing through that right now. Bar the Mining Facility, I enjoyed each dungeon's style and design.
Last Man Standing
What Did We Play? - WiiU

Fisher
NNID: fisher87
3DS Friend Code: 1263-9353-5749

Post by Fisher » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:59 pm

A Link Between Worlds.
come to my world and i will project you from bad souls and I'm the ninja pirate master.

New 3DS XL FC is 1263-9353-5749 If you add me then please PM me

Commandervideo

Post by Commandervideo » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:12 pm

Skyward sword. Definitely my favourite zelda of all time.

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:59 pm

Kind of a toss up between Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess for me, both have fantastic dungeons but I think Twilight Princess just edges it for me this time.

H.Kazuhira
NNID: H.Kazuhira

Post by H.Kazuhira » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:32 pm

Man I'm struggling so much with this... Going with a different approach and picking the Oracle games for this one. If that doesn't count then I'll pick Ages specifically. Great elements in every dungeon as well as the stellar soundtrack that went with them. Skull Dungeon was so damn good.
I am the reason, the answer and the problem.
Twitter

Nofes
NNID: noffles
3DS Friend Code: 2320 6164 3159
PSN ID: Inofa
Xbox Gamertag: Inofa
Steam ID: Inofa

Post by Nofes » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:36 pm

Ocarina and Twilight are the two with the most consistent dungeons, but Ocarina probably edges it for me just because I really don't like Palace of Twilight or the mansion.
Bucket

GuitarHero
NNID: GuitarHero
3DS Friend Code: 3995-6500-8091
Steam ID: fdob001

SONM's Favourite Zelda Game's Dungeons! + New Topic

Post by GuitarHero » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:05 pm

Dang, that was close. 2 games with 3 votes and then 1 game eclipsing them ever so slightly with 4 votes. One of the closest we've had! Anyway, that winner is...
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time!
The series first foray into 3D certainly got plenty of things right, and you think it got the dungeons spot on. The formula of these dungeons have gone into influence every future 3D Zelda, in numerous ways.

Here's what some of you said about it...
danbish wrote:Since I haven't gotten around to playing A Link Between Worlds yet (its on my shelf and I will get round to playing it, honest) my vote is going to Ocarina of Time. I particularly enjoyed the Spirit Temple (using the Mirror Shield in certain puzzles was a stroke of genius), Spirit and Fire temples as they were very atmospheric.

The Water Temple can still burn in hell though.
Nofes wrote:Ocarina and Twilight are the two with the most consistent dungeons, but Ocarina probably edges it for me just because I really don't like Palace of Twilight or the mansion.
OrangeRakoon wrote:I'd prefer to cherry-pick dungeons from lots of games as the best examples as I don't really think one game stands out consistently above all the others, but if I have to choose one game it would probably be between Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time and ALBW.

I'm going to go with OoT for the sheer memorability of them, especially the Deku Tree and Forest Temple - the latter of which is I think the definitive Zelda dungeon.
Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword were the two games one vote behind, if you were wondering.

Time to go to Fire Emblem now that Fates has been out long enough. The question being...
Which version of Fire Emblem Fates is your favourite?
Your choices are:
  • Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright
  • Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
  • Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation
While certainly not being the first game ever to release multiple versions of the "same" game, Fire Emblem Fates justifies this by having incredibly varied gameplay depending which version you are playing plus being able to see the story from a completely different angle. It is much more justified than Pokémon for instance.

Playing through each version, there will be some overlap between the characters in your team but a fair chunk of the characters are path specific. However, the biggest difference between versions is the gameplay - with Birthright being more beginner-friendly Awakening style and Conquest being old-school Fire Emblem playstyle and difficulty. Something for everyone there.

So which version of the game is your favourite?

Please just choose one remember.

Also, 1000+ replies woop woop! I'm glad that this has been successful, as I wanted more stuff to talk/post about on the forums and something like this is the best way to make it happen.

euan707
NNID: Cameron
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2551-9050

Re: NintenPolls - Fire Emblem: Fated Favourite!

Post by euan707 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:33 pm

Haven't played any of them so can't really comment.

Congrats on the milestone, always nice to drop in and see how badly I disagree with everyone else, usually over Skyward Sword but we have had some variety.
Last Man Standing
What Did We Play? - WiiU

Kriken
FKA liberal
NNID: PhoenixVonKarma
Steam ID: Kriken

Post by Kriken » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:25 pm

Got Conquest recently, so I'll say that. Even though I haven't played Birthright (yet - I probably will at some point), Conquest was a very deliberate choice over it. It's not like the Pokémon games where it's based on some whim or based on what the cover legendary looks like, or based on which one seems less popular or what version my friend is getting; it was because Conquest sounded more appealing and there was a clear cut and well-defined difference. Conquest was clearly harking back a more oldschool form of the game, pre-Sacred Stones, which introduced a mapscreen you could walk about and involve yourself in non-story skirmishes to grind. I am going to enjoy a good stab at the game's harder modes, much more than I did with Awakening.

Story-wise Conquest also seems more interesting, siding with Nohr being more a moral grey area. Aesthetically I also much prefer the Nohr royalty too.

Back to my first point though, with it being said, I did enjoy the side stuff this time round more so than in Awakening. The characters seem less annoying overall. And since I'm more interested in the characters and how they relate to each other this time around I might get around to playing Birthright, and enjoying the new FE style more for better facilitating the support feature. Revelations seems particularly good for this since there are more options available.

Fisher
NNID: fisher87
3DS Friend Code: 1263-9353-5749

Post by Fisher » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:49 pm

Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright.
come to my world and i will project you from bad souls and I'm the ninja pirate master.

New 3DS XL FC is 1263-9353-5749 If you add me then please PM me

Kriken
FKA liberal
NNID: PhoenixVonKarma
Steam ID: Kriken

Post by Kriken » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:12 am

I would like to hear your expanded thoughts on this opinion, Fisher.

fluffyKittan
NNID: How wanders the dog
3DS Friend Code: In search of
PSN ID: timely relief
Xbox Gamertag: Trapped:
Steam ID: the boy laments

Post by fluffyKittan » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:25 pm

Kriken wrote:I would like to hear your expanded thoughts on this opinion, Fisher.
Probably along the lines of: "It is awesome"

Anyone who prefers birthright is either a weaboo flat is justice panderer or a babby's first fire emblem player. Conquest has a superior narrative and mission structure and generally superior male characters (the female ones are more or less even tbh).

Haven't played the true canon revelations yet though and that may turn out to be better and is generally the best endgame one, certainly being able to cherry pick your squad from both sides seems appealing, but it also removes any limiting factors that make working things out more fun.
TSF sQuad life ~ pour one out for Sangmin
"People who work at Nisa:'Look, I have a job'." [Decretum, B&M employee circa May 2016]

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:34 pm

Well I kind of have to go for Birthright at the moment, as it's the only one I've started playing, what I've played has actually been very enjoyable and a good introduction to the series, I've still got Conquest and Revelations to play through but I expect they'll be just as good.

GuitarHero

Post by GuitarHero » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:02 pm

I will update this at some point, most likely September time, as I wanted a break and with it being the Summer I'm actually trying to do things and not waste it. However, come uni time in the autumn I'll want a distraction and this fits the bill perfectly :)

GuitarHero

Post by GuitarHero » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:45 pm

GuitarHero wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:02 pm
I will update this at some point, most likely September time, as I wanted a break and with it being the Summer I'm actually trying to do things and not waste it. However, come uni time in the autumn I'll want a distraction and this fits the bill perfectly :)
Never got round to updating this again,but just want to have it on the front page of GNC in case I ever look back.

Had a good six months run this though at least. Probably should've done one last poll before SONM shut, but I guess it is too late now...