NintenPolls - Fire Emblem: Fated Favourite!

Come here to talk about anything to do with Nintendo, including Switch, WiiU, 3DS and mobile.
GuitarHero
NNID: GuitarHero
3DS Friend Code: 3995-6500-8091
Steam ID: fdob001

SONM's Favourite Villager Personality! + New Topic

Post by GuitarHero » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:40 pm

My vote is for Lazy too, as some of my favourite villagers through the years have been lazy. Though a close second is Uchi, a really welcome addition in New Leaf.

A very close run poll this! Always nice to see it decided by one vote, means every vote makes a difference. Anyway, the winning personality is...
Lazy!
By far the most laid back villagers in the game, they sum up the Animal Crossing experience - chill, relaxed and friendly. They are the glue that can help hold a village together!

Here's what some of you said about them...
Robbo-92 wrote:Lazy, I've had Cube in most of my villages over the years and he's just an all round great penguin.
shy guy 64 wrote:lazy, i love those guys they're great
danbish wrote:Me too. Lazy gets my vote.
Cranky came in a very close second, if you were wondering.

Time to talk about music once again, this time with the Mario series. The question being...
Which Mario platformer's first level/world has the best music?
This video has all the old-school 2D platformers' music, this video the new 2D platformers' music and this video has all the 3D games' music.

The Mario series has a lot of iconic music, arguably no more so than their first levels. Chances are, if you play a Mario platformer, you'll be listening to the music from the first level. It can be the sort of music that you'll always think of when you remember the game, as it is one of the first things you experience from it.

Thanks to the advance in technology, the music has advanced too. Originally, there were only 8 electronic tracks to utilise but now it's possible to have a full orchestration. However, a lack of technology can lead to lots of creative solutions and the music is no different. Koji Kondo made the most of what was available to him, and its safe to say he did a good job!

Some of the time, you may not like the game itself but you can't deny the quality of the music. Sure, if you like the game the chances are that you'll like the music too but it isn't always the case. Anyway, which is your favourite?

Please just choose one remember.

Majin_Nephets
NNID: Majin_Nephets
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8667-3978

Re: NintenPolls - Mario: Marvellous Music!

Post by Majin_Nephets » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:07 pm

Am I allowed to say the jazzy remix of SM64's theme that was in Galaxy 2?
PM me if you decide to add me on 3DS or Wii U

shy guy 64
NNID: digitaltriforce

Post by shy guy 64 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:50 pm

super bell hill its theme is just so catchy
I'm bad and that's good. I will never be good and thats not bad. theres no one id rather be than me

H.Kazuhira
NNID: H.Kazuhira

Post by H.Kazuhira » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:06 pm

Good Egg Galaxy no question for me. Added to one of the most magical moments in games that no ones else has been able to capture again.

Listening to Sunshine music also has me yearning for that remastered soundtrack. With a proper orchestra behind it Sunshine could sound fantastic.
I am the reason, the answer and the problem.
Twitter

Fisher
NNID: fisher87
3DS Friend Code: 1263-9353-5749

Post by Fisher » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:19 pm

Super Mario 64 - Main Theme Bob-Omb Battlefield.
come to my world and i will project you from bad souls and I'm the ninja pirate master.

New 3DS XL FC is 1263-9353-5749 If you add me then please PM me

Nofes
NNID: noffles
3DS Friend Code: 2320 6164 3159
PSN ID: Inofa
Xbox Gamertag: Inofa
Steam ID: Inofa

Post by Nofes » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:08 pm

Good Egg set the tone like nothing else ever did.
Bucket

Scapegoat
PSN ID: UploadedNetwork

Post by Scapegoat » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:05 am

Super Mario World. Easily the best of the original games. Also by far the most catchy.

The main theme from that game is pretty dope, also here's a dank remix ft Avicii:

Kriken
FKA liberal
NNID: PhoenixVonKarma
Steam ID: Kriken

Post by Kriken » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:43 am

Super Mario Galaxy's. It's just beautiful.

danbish
NNID: TheFatPlumber
3DS Friend Code: 0920-1615-5762
Xbox Gamertag: Emerald Eagle
Steam ID: TheFatPlumber

Post by danbish » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:04 am

Super Mario Galaxy has by far the best sounding music - not just in the opening level but throughout the entire game.

Very special mention to the iconic SMB 1-1 level music too which is in a class all to itself.

imbusydoctorwho
NNID: Da-Banker
3DS Friend Code: 3067-6402-2163
PSN ID: CrosswordMan

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:46 am

Super Mario Galaxy, the whole game is a musical masterpiece.
My Youtube Account PlaytendoGuy
Latest Reviews: Dishonored Death of the Outsider Uncharted Lost Legacy Yakuza Kiwami
PSN: Crossword Man
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

GuitarHero

Post by GuitarHero » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:48 pm

Majin_Nephets wrote:Am I allowed to say the jazzy remix of SM64's theme that was in Galaxy 2?
Nah, if it was the music for the first level of Galaxy 2 then sure but as its not then no. However, it is awesome though.

Nintendonator3000

Post by Nintendonator3000 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:09 am

Tough decision, but I'm going to go with Super Mario 3D World.
Ever since joining the original ONM I've been a huge Nintendo fan (specifically Zelda) and am looking forward to some great discussions. I was previously known as Lego Master

Majin_Nephets

Post by Majin_Nephets » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:06 pm

GuitarHero wrote:
Majin_Nephets wrote:Am I allowed to say the jazzy remix of SM64's theme that was in Galaxy 2?
Nah, if it was the music for the first level of Galaxy 2 then sure but as its not then no. However, it is awesome though.
Okay, I'll go for Super Mario Galaxy, then. Good Egg Galaxy is amazing, and IIRC it was the first music we heard from the game.

Fisher

Post by Fisher » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:49 pm

I didn't post any super mario remixes.
come to my world and i will project you from bad souls and I'm the ninja pirate master.

GuitarHero

SONM's Favourite Mario First Level Music! + New Topic

Post by GuitarHero » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:01 am

This is one of the toughest rounds for me to vote in for a while, with any number of games having such an iconic opening track. A lot of them are some my favourite tracks from their respective games, and just being so darn catchy. Though my favourite has to be Good Egg Galaxy, which is just such an epic way to introduce your game.

Another round where there a lot of choices on offer, but the votes only went to 4 different games. Clearly a lot of people here have similar opinions when it comes to this. Anyway, the winner with more votes combined than the rest is...
Super Mario Galaxy!
The music of Super Mario Galaxy captures the essence of the game perfectly, with it's sweeping score which inspires great nostalgic memories whenever you listen to it. The first level's music is just the fantastic beginning of a wonderful game.

Here's what some of you said about it...
H.Kazuhira wrote:Good Egg Galaxy no question for me. Added to one of the most magical moments in games that no ones else has been able to capture again.

Listening to Sunshine music also has me yearning for that remastered soundtrack. With a proper orchestra behind it Sunshine could sound fantastic.
Nofes wrote:Good Egg set the tone like nothing else ever did.
imbusydoctorwho wrote:Super Mario Galaxy, the whole game is a musical masterpiece.
Yet another win for Super Mario Galaxy, it must have the most wins out of any game so far.

Right, let's do the handheld version of the launch games we did a few weeks ago. The question is...
Which handheld had the best launch?
Your choices are: Obviously going off of the European launch titles again.

A good launch can be the difference between a successful system and a failure. Although, sometimes systems can put behind initial poor launch sales and really come into their own - see the 3DS. However, a high quality launch can help avoid that lull altogether.

There are some systems that have a game bundled with it, which can help both propel the system and the game to dizzying heights. That undoubtedly happened with Tetris and the Game Boy, which both achieved lots of recognition in pop culture due to the top reception of both. Would the Game Boy have sold as well without Tetris? Would Tetris have become popular without the Game Boy? Who knows?

Anyway, you voted the Wii as your favourite console launch, although some of you said none of the launches were particularly great. Are the handhelds a different story? Have your say and vote.

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Re: NintenPolls - Handhelds: Launch into Success!

Post by OrangeRakoon » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:32 am

Game Boy has a strong claim with Tetris alone, but I'm going to go with GBA - I remember playing both Konami Krazy Racers and KuruKuruKururin on launch, and both are excellent games.

danbish
NNID: TheFatPlumber
3DS Friend Code: 0920-1615-5762
Xbox Gamertag: Emerald Eagle
Steam ID: TheFatPlumber

Post by danbish » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:11 pm

I'm siding with DS on this one. I played Asphalt to near death when I bought it, Project Rub (of the Rub Rabbits which ever you prefer) was one of the most genuinely wacky Japanese games I'd played at the time and it was great fun, MP Hunters Demo blew me away about the possibilities of a handheld Metroid Prime game, experiencing Mario 64 DS all over again and with added content (albeit the sometimes frustrating controls), and the genius of WarioWare Touched.

I would have liked to have said 3DS but I just didn't think its launch games were that good beyond Street Fighter IV and PilotWings.

Majin_Nephets

Post by Majin_Nephets » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:24 pm

I think DS was probably the strongest. Mind you I don't remember the launch lineups of consoles before that except Tetris on the first GB, so...

swarf
NNID: liam23

Post by swarf » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:05 pm

none are too great imho...but i'm going to go with DS for having '64 alone.
Currently Mainly Playing:
Switch: FIFA 18 and Rocket League

bigcalwv
NNID: bigcal1988

Post by bigcalwv » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:53 pm

Amma go with the GBA for having Fire Pro Wrestling, Super Mario Advance and Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2, oh and a Castlevania and F-Zero game, though I haven't played them.

Fisher

Post by Fisher » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:49 pm

Ds.

Kriken
FKA liberal

Post by Kriken » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:08 pm

DS. Super Mario 64 DS, Warioware Touched and Project Rub were sick. I liked the Hunters demo as well - it was a nice preview and I have a soft spot for the full game.

GuitarHero

SONM's Favourite Handheld Launch! + New Topic

Post by GuitarHero » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:44 pm

I have to side with the DS too, as it was the first system I got at launch and I had amazing fun with Super Mario 64 DS and... Pokémon Dash. I really loved that game, though I'd never go back to it as I feel that would ruin my memories of it.

I always like doing these counterpart polls, as it helps form a more complete picture of what people think. Anyway, the winner of this poll by some distance is the...
Nintendo DS!
The DS is the biggest selling handheld of all time (by some distance!) and a great launch helped it on it's way. From games like Super Mario 64 to Project Rub they showed off the best of what the DS could do.

Here's what some of you said about it...
danbish wrote:I'm siding with DS on this one. I played Asphalt to near death when I bought it, Project Rub (of the Rub Rabbits which ever you prefer) was one of the most genuinely wacky Japanese games I'd played at the time and it was great fun, MP Hunters Demo blew me away about the possibilities of a handheld Metroid Prime game, experiencing Mario 64 DS all over again and with added content (albeit the sometimes frustrating controls), and the genius of WarioWare Touched.

I would have liked to have said 3DS but I just didn't think its launch games were that good beyond Street Fighter IV and PilotWings.
Kriken wrote:DS. Super Mario 64 DS, Warioware Touched and Project Rub were sick. I liked the Hunters demo as well - it was a nice preview and I have a soft spot for the full game.
swarf wrote:none are too great imho...but i'm going to go with DS for having '64 alone.
I'd definitely say the handheld launches were better than the console launches, on the whole at least.

Let's return to the Zelda series once again. The question being...
Which The Legend of Zelda game has the best dungeons?
Any Zelda game is applicable. Look through this if you need reminding of a particular game.

One of the core elements that is part of the Zelda formula is the dungeons that make up the world. The story of Link revolves around him travelling to, and completing, these grand dungeons scattered throughout the land. Often there is an item that is your goal to retrieve, or a boss to defeat.

The dungeons have evolved from their original appearance, however the puzzle-based mechanics remain at the heart even to this day. It is clearly one of the draws that brings people to this beloved franchise, so why change it? However, they have added lots of new ideas and mechanics to spice it up, while maintaining that solid core.

A Zelda game's dungeons can make or break the game. If they're poor, that will make people's opinions of the entire game drop too - that is how important they are. So which Zelda game do you think has the best dungeons?

Kriken
FKA liberal

Re: NintenPolls - Zelda: Divine Dungeons!

Post by Kriken » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:14 am

Ocarina of Time's. At least, I have the best memory of those ones.

Cero
3DS Friend Code: 4742-7509-0530

Re: NintenPolls - Zelda: Divine Dungeons!

Post by Cero » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:07 am

Twilight Princess for me.

Goron Mines, Arbiter's Grounds, City in the Sky, Palace of Twilight and even Lakebed. Great designs and the most fun I had playing dungeons.

Ocarina of Time is a very close second though!