NintenPolls - Fire Emblem: Fated Favourite!

Come here to talk about anything to do with Nintendo, including Switch, WiiU, 3DS and mobile.
Kriken
FKA liberal
NNID: PhoenixVonKarma
Steam ID: Kriken

Re: NintenPolls - Nintendo: It's time to put down...

Post by Kriken » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:55 pm

If it had to be any, I'd say Star Fox. By now the games have been more mediocre than not. It's a series the developer doesn't seem to know what to do with, which is partly why the games have been few and far between.

Lylat Wars is the series high point, and so naturally fans have generally wanted something kinda similar. Honestly though, the game isn't even that amazing, and none of the later games are even close to being as good.

A good or even amazing Star Fox game is possible, but that goes for a potential new instalment of any series. I have no desire for a new game.

I am still hoping for a good new Mario Tennis myself, even though it's probably not happening. Not one that's better than 64, anyway.

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:12 pm

There's quite a few candidates really, Mario Tennis, Star Fox, Mario Party seems to be the same every time (from what I can tell anyway, not played it much at all).

The one I'd go for is Paper Mario though, looking at the most two recent games of Sticker Star and Colour Splash they just don't seem to know what the fans actually want form the series (ie an RPG in the vein of TTYD) and they say the Mario and Luigi games are focusing on the RPG elements now rather than the Paper Mario games. It's a huge shame considering how good TTYD was but they need to release what the fans actually want from the series, worst thing is Colour Splash will probably sell reasonabley well considering the lack of other Wii U games coming out this year. I really do need to buy the N64 version on my Wii U actually as its meant to be good as well.

RichardUK
NNID: RichardBatesUK
3DS Friend Code: 1177-9740-4606
PSN ID: RichardBatesUK
Xbox Gamertag: RichardBatesUK

Post by RichardUK » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:21 am

I was going to say the Mario Party games but I will vote for the "New" Super Mario games even though I think they are ok, but the main reason I don't like them is that they are an easy way for Nintendo to release a Mario game without really trying and once they release one you know you are going to have to wait for at least a year or longer for a proper new Mario game
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:44 am

Richard basically stole my answer there, I also was thinking either Mario Party or New Super Mario Bros.

bigcalwv
NNID: bigcal1988

Post by bigcalwv » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:42 am

Mario Party would be my number 1 pick, followed by the Mario Sports titles. Stop wasting time on eton mess games and do something worthwhile with your time.

imbusydoctorwho
NNID: Da-Banker
3DS Friend Code: 3067-6402-2163
PSN ID: CrosswordMan

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:21 pm

New Super Mario Bros yeah the DS one was pretty fun and the Wii one had multiplayer but they just feel like rehashes with nothing really "New" about them. I want Nintendo to make a proper 3D Mario game for the NX.
My Youtube Account PlaytendoGuy
Latest Reviews: Dishonored Death of the Outsider Uncharted Lost Legacy Yakuza Kiwami
PSN: Crossword Man
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

euan707
NNID: Cameron
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2551-9050

Post by euan707 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:56 pm

Gotta be Paper Mario. It started off well but since Sticker Star it's just gone down hill. At least NSMB games are reasonably fun and have a structure which works.
Last Man Standing
What Did We Play? - WiiU

Kriken
FKA liberal

Post by Kriken » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:26 pm

NSMB is a good shout. Did enjoy the Wii U instalment but considered changing my vote to it.

Sabrofra
NNID: GameBoySam
3DS Friend Code: 2406-5595-5668
Steam ID: Sabrofra

Post by Sabrofra » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:34 pm

I'm going to say Mario Party. I absolutely love the Mario Party games, however Island Tour and Mario Party 10 were just trash, and the new ones doesn't look that good either. They should either go back to the old formula, or just stop the series completely before it gets even worse.

Nintendonator3000

Post by Nintendonator3000 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:08 pm

If I had to pick one it would be Mario Party. The recent games have just been pretty dull, and although I think the new one looks better, it still doesn't excite me at all.
Ever since joining the original ONM I've been a huge Nintendo fan (specifically Zelda) and am looking forward to some great discussions. I was previously known as Lego Master

Nofes
NNID: noffles
3DS Friend Code: 2320 6164 3159
PSN ID: Inofa
Xbox Gamertag: Inofa
Steam ID: Inofa

Post by Nofes » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:41 pm

Metroid.
Bucket

Scapegoat
PSN ID: UploadedNetwork

Post by Scapegoat » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:52 pm

Mario Bros. By which I mean all of the 2D platformer Mario games.

They've never been fun past the first one and I'm sick of seeing them crop up every year. There's no place in the current market for an unimaginative 2D platformer. It's just the same eton mess every installment with a few gimmicks added that don't actually function as a means to make the game unique.

If they want to make a 2D platformer then they need to actually put some thought into it. Stuff like Cave Story, Braid, and Snapshot are all leagues ahead of Mario Bros.

Mario Maker is a great point to kill the franchise, as we no longer have any need for further Mario Bros games. Nothing they can do with the series can excite me barr a huge revamp to the system, and in that case it wouldn't be Mario Bros anymore.

Really they should end it here from a creative standpoint, but from a business standpoint they won't because it continues to draw in mad bank so they'll milk the series until it's just a corpse.

danbish
NNID: TheFatPlumber
3DS Friend Code: 0920-1615-5762
Xbox Gamertag: Emerald Eagle
Steam ID: TheFatPlumber

Post by danbish » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:37 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:There's quite a few candidates really, Mario Tennis, Star Fox, Mario Party...
bigcalwv wrote:Mario Party would be my number 1 pick,
Nintendonator3000 wrote:If I had to pick one it would be Mario Party. The recent games have just been pretty dull, and although I think the new one looks better, it still doesn't excite me at all.
I did fight with myself of whether to pick Tennis or Party but in my eyes at least there seems to be some attempt done in the MP games even if it isn't working which is why I chose Tennis.

Oathkeeper
NNID: MForward56
3DS Friend Code: 3523-2118-1902
Steam ID: MForward56

Post by Oathkeeper » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:37 pm

Kill off the Yoshi's Island series. Every game since the original has just been a copycat and none have matched its quality. If not that, then Star Fox. I reckon the series has about one more disappointing game left before it's done.

RainbowGazelle
NNID: RainbowGazelle
3DS Friend Code: various codes
PSN ID: RainbowGazelle

Post by RainbowGazelle » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:13 pm

Any Mario series, as they're all just crapper rehashes time and time again.
I'm RG Chris on Splatoon!

Fisher
NNID: fisher87
3DS Friend Code: 1263-9353-5749

Post by Fisher » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:49 pm

Yoshi's Island series.
come to my world and i will project you from bad souls and I'm the ninja pirate master.

New 3DS XL FC is 1263-9353-5749 If you add me then please PM me

GuitarHero
NNID: GuitarHero
3DS Friend Code: 3995-6500-8091
Steam ID: fdob001

SONM's Most Wanted to Stop Franchise! + New Topic

Post by GuitarHero » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:33 pm

I'm also going to vote for Mario Party, the car mechanic has basically killed the series even if the new 3DS one is changing it up again I don't think the original formula needed changing.

I do like these kinds of polls, as we really do see lots of different replies. This one was no different! It was mighty close too, with only two votes in it. That loser is...
Mario Party!
With 13 games in the series and a fourteenth just announced, many wonder why this series carries on while others fall by the wayside.

Here's what some of you said about it...
Sabrofra wrote:I'm going to say Mario Party. I absolutely love the Mario Party games, however Island Tour and Mario Party 10 were just trash, and the new ones doesn't look that good either. They should either go back to the old formula, or just stop the series completely before it gets even worse.
Nintendonator3000 wrote:If I had to pick one it would be Mario Party. The recent games have just been pretty dull, and although I think the new one looks better, it still doesn't excite me at all.
H.Kazuhira wrote:The Party games just aren't seeing their better days lately. Either put it down or revamp it entirely imo.
Hopefully we'll all change our minds when the new game comes out, but I won't hold my breath...

Time to head back to a series we're very familiar with again, Animal Crossing. The question being...
Which villager personality type is your favourite?
Your choices are: I'm sure I am not alone in not realising that there were personality types in Animal Crossing until a while after I began playing, though it doesn't take away from the game either way knowing whether they exist or not. Your favourite villagers are your favourite villagers for a variety of reasons, so knowing they're a specific personality type won't take away from that.

Some of these personalities are easier to get along with than others, while some will be more entertaining too. However, the best way for your village to thrive and be interesting is to have a mix of all of them - a cocktail of fruity personalities. No one wants a town full of jocks, do they?

Your favourite villagers may all belong to the same personality type, or they might be spread out among them all. However, in general you must notice having a preference to some over others. So which personality type is your favourite?

Please just choose one remember.

Kriken
FKA liberal

Re: NintenPolls - Animal Crossing: Prized Personalities!

Post by Kriken » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:44 pm

Cranky, because tsundere, and because I find them the most relateable.

Fisher
NNID: fisher87
3DS Friend Code: 1263-9353-5749

Post by Fisher » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:39 pm

Cranky.
come to my world and i will project you from bad souls and I'm the ninja pirate master.

New 3DS XL FC is 1263-9353-5749 If you add me then please PM me

swarf
NNID: liam23

Post by swarf » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:50 pm

uchi of course...the most caring!
Currently Mainly Playing:
Switch: FIFA 18 and Rocket League

H.Kazuhira
NNID: H.Kazuhira

Post by H.Kazuhira » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:56 pm

Something about the cranky guys that always crack me up. The peppy girls always make me smile too. It's cute. But going with Cranky for this one.
I am the reason, the answer and the problem.
Twitter

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:27 am

Lazy, I've had Cube in most of my villages over the years and he's just an all round great penguin.

shy guy 64
NNID: digitaltriforce

Post by shy guy 64 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:34 am

lazy, i love those guys they're great
I'm bad and that's good. I will never be good and thats not bad. theres no one id rather be than me

danbish
NNID: TheFatPlumber
3DS Friend Code: 0920-1615-5762
Xbox Gamertag: Emerald Eagle
Steam ID: TheFatPlumber

Post by danbish » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:23 pm

shy guy 64 wrote:lazy, i love those guys they're great
Me too. Lazy gets my vote.

Scapegoat
PSN ID: UploadedNetwork

Post by Scapegoat » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:06 pm

Peppy girls are best girls. So full of life.