The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Come here to talk about anything to do with Nintendo, including Switch, WiiU, 3DS and mobile.

What scares you more?

A Lynel in the distance
45%
The sound of a Guardian's laser lock on
36%
Electric god damn Keese
18%

Total votes: 33

Sander
NNID: sandereo
3DS Friend Code: 4639-9667-5361

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Post by Sander » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:00 pm

I tried the trial of the sword a while ago and I only got to the 4th floor... It is definitely hard.

Nofes
NNID: noffles
3DS Friend Code: 2320 6164 3159
PSN ID: Inofa
Xbox Gamertag: Inofa
Steam ID: Inofa

Post by Nofes » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:31 am

This DLC is pretty bad. Trial of the Sword is kind of okay, but it feels like it works against what the game was good at doing with the emergent gameplay. There are clear solutions here, and I don't like that. Some of the rooms in the second set are kinda neat, but that's mostly the atmosphere created by the lighting.

I played this game for 2 weeks straight when it came out, but now I'm finding a series of challenge rooms doesn't warrant me playing it for more than one session a week.

I'll hold my breath for DLC 2.
Bucket

Rik
NNID: RikTheNinja
3DS Friend Code: 1032-1749-4002

Post by Rik » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:11 pm

Did Vah Medoh today, seemed a lot quicker and easier than Vah Ruta, the assault section in particular seemed quite lackluster in comparison. Ruta was good because you got the buildup of the Mipha backstory, having to do the Lynel raid to get shock arrows and then the actual assault was a lot more exciting and challenging. With Medoh all you get is the Flight Range test which you'd have to be fairly terrible to not manage in under thirty seconds and then the assault is equally easy given Teba takes all the fire for you. Still enjoyed the dungeon though, some neat puzzles on offer. Really like the whole idea of controlling elements of the Beasts as you go, hope it's something that gets a look in in future Zeldas (although obviously not just copied wholesale).

Dunno what my plan is next, might just dick around in the Hebra mountains for a bit since I didn't really explore that much on my way to Rito Village. Currently on something like 55 shrines with only the two southwest towers left to activate at about 50 hours on the clock.
Ghost wrote:and since when has "being dumb" been a sin on the internet?
Pokeforum Random Battle Tourney - come for the battles, stay for the salt

Ash
NNID: Ash_Harrison1
PSN ID: Ash_Harrison1
Steam ID: FightAshFight

Post by Ash » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:45 pm

All the Amiibo are back in stock on Amazon, be quick!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Link-Rider-ami ... rg-21&th=1

Sonicka

Post by Sonicka » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:37 am

I've never really bought into the whole Amiibo thing... I've been tempted now with BotW to look into it since what they can unlock...but the Wolf Link and Midna figure is £34.99... and the others aren't far off that expense. Is that really justifiable for a simple unlock? I'd expect to pay £35 for all 6 figures.

So -->insert swear pudding here<-- that! :O

Back on topic - I'm almost at 60 Shrines 70 hours in. I keep going to go to The Rito area... but every-time I play I get distracted and venture back towards the areas I've been to already on the map again. I keep on finding something new to seek out or get distracted by a sidequest lately. I mean, yesterday I just brought a house - I managed to do it up and get everything in it so easily (probably due to the amount of minerals and rupees I've managed to invest this long into the game) - so I'm happy with that.

But then this led to that weird builder chap leaving for Akkaka - so I met him there now I'm investing in building Tarrot Town with him - I love this little side quest! When he asked me to bring bundles of wood it was only then I discovered hundreds of (mostly) lifeless guardians - so I went scavenging - discovered that these Ancient Arrows are handier than I realised - and was able to purchase a lot of the Guardian Armour. It's things like this that I really appreciate - one thing always turns into another endeavour... but at the end you'll almost always end up with some reward for the detour.

Also I thought so far I'd uncovered what felt like hundreds of Koroks... and the main screen tell me it's only 75...

...75?!!? And there's... 900?? >____<

Yubel
NNID: Alex-Haldane
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2474-9108
PSN ID: Alex-Haldane

Post by Yubel » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:45 am

Sonicka wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:37 am
I've never really bought into the whole Amiibo thing... I've been tempted now with BotW to look into it since what they can unlock...but the Wolf Link and Midna figure is £34.99... and the others aren't far off that expense. Is that really justifiable for a simple unlock? I'd expect to pay £35 for all 6 figures.

So -->insert swear pudding here<-- that! :O
Indeed. I'm very selective when it comes to Amiibo (yarn Yoshi and 8-bit Mario are the only ones I currently own) but even though I've always been drawn to the Guardian, £34.99 is far too much. At wouldn't hesitate at £14.99 though.
- Nintendo Yubellion -

Super ONM. Superior Yubel.

Ash
NNID: Ash_Harrison1
PSN ID: Ash_Harrison1
Steam ID: FightAshFight

Post by Ash » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:54 am

When I posted, they all were available at RRP

Nintendonator3000

Post by Nintendonator3000 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:53 pm

Completed the second section of the 'Trial of the Sword' and I played a lot better this time. The dark sections in particular were great, pulled off some not too shabby stealth attacks. Interested to see what they use for the final section, something tells there might be a Guardian capable of moving...
Ever since joining the original ONM I've been a huge Nintendo fan (specifically Zelda) and am looking forward to some great discussions. I was previously known as Lego Master

Sonicka

Post by Sonicka » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:30 pm

Ash wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:54 am
When I posted, they all were available at RRP
Oh right. So it inflated due to demand.

What are Amiibo usually priced at? Like £7.99-£9.99 or something usually?

Nintendonator3000

Post by Nintendonator3000 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:38 pm

I think the newer ones are around £12.99, the older one's probably around £7.99 depending on where you get them.
Ever since joining the original ONM I've been a huge Nintendo fan (specifically Zelda) and am looking forward to some great discussions. I was previously known as Lego Master

Sonicka

Post by Sonicka » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:09 pm

Oh, that's not to bad actually. I guess considering you're buying a nice "shelvie" which can unlock goodies across multiple games in certain cases you get what you pay for. =)

Fisher
NNID: fisher87
3DS Friend Code: 1263-9353-5749

Post by Fisher » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:49 pm

i'm getting the The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild dlc next month.
come to my world and i will project you from bad souls and I'm the ninja pirate master.

New 3DS XL FC is 1263-9353-5749 If you add me then please PM me

Nintendonator3000

Post by Nintendonator3000 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:17 pm

Attempted the third Section of the 'Trial of the Sword'. Got wrecked twice. Probably just because I suck at this game, but I prefer the other versions of these trials such as the Cave of Ordeals, where it's the best of you against the best of them. Losing all your health from just one mistake is starting to wear thin - particularly with how long the trial takes. Now I just want to get it over and done with so I can power up the sword and compete the game.

Fisher

Post by Fisher » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:49 pm

won't be getting the The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild dlc.
Last edited by Fisher on Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
come to my world and i will project you from bad souls and I'm the ninja pirate master.

RainbowGazelle
NNID: RainbowGazelle
3DS Friend Code: various codes
PSN ID: RainbowGazelle

Post by RainbowGazelle » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:01 am

I'm not paying £18 for stuff cut out of the main game. DLC Pack 2 is going to have to be really impressive for Nintendo to get my money this time.
I'm RG Chris on Splatoon!

danbish
NNID: TheFatPlumber
3DS Friend Code: 0920-1615-5762
Xbox Gamertag: Emerald Eagle
Steam ID: TheFatPlumber

Post by danbish » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:26 pm

I find it astonishing that I'm over 130 hours in and I'm still finding new places , some of which I've passed numerous times without realising.

Nintendonator3000

Post by Nintendonator3000 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:15 pm

Finally beat the Trial of the Sword today, gotta admit that once I got past the first few rooms, I got much more into it. Saving up ancient arrows and using a good amount of cover made the final rooms actually pretty easy, and I'm very glad to have the powered up Master Sword.

One thing I really liked - The Fi reference. Playing that sound effect with a small part of her theme playing was a really nice touch for the powered up Sword.

Sonicka

Post by Sonicka » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:36 pm

75 Hours. still have 4 entire continents to map out all in the south... and those Hebra mountains and chasms are begging to be explored...

1 Beast remains - I hope the final one is good when i get round to it.

I'd say the only thing I've been a tad letdown by is that none of the other tribes situations and quests to defeat to devine beast has been as thrilling as Van Ruta so far. Zora's domain was the best - most engaging - lengthy - and story driven set piece of the game for me.
RainbowGazelle wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:01 am
I'm not paying £18 for stuff cut out of the main game. DLC Pack 2 is going to have to be really impressive for Nintendo to get my money this time.
Cut-out? The game they Spent 5 years on was finished and released. They then began adding extra content.

I'm all against unlockable DLC as well in titles - but this it was not. Not to mention a twin pack release for £18 was smart - I'll admit the first two sets of DLC is not particularly to my tastes - but it boosts more for your playtime - and the extra story/quest (likely the champions doomed mission from 100 years ago from the looks of it so far) coming later in the year should give some extra desired playtime in the past. :)

Fisher

Post by Fisher » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:49 pm

are you enjoying the dlc.

RainbowGazelle

Post by RainbowGazelle » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:19 am

Sonicka wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:36 pm
Cut-out? The game they Spent 5 years on was finished and released. They then began adding extra content.

I'm all against unlockable DLC as well in titles - but this it was not. Not to mention a twin pack release for £18 was smart - I'll admit the first two sets of DLC is not particularly to my tastes - but it boosts more for your playtime - and the extra story/quest (likely the champions doomed mission from 100 years ago from the looks of it so far) coming later in the year should give some extra desired playtime in the past. :)

Pay extra for a custom way point. Pay extra for a mask which would be in every other base Zelda game. Pay extra to see your path taken; something the game was already keeping track of, you're just paying to make it visible. So yes, this is unlocked, scumbag DLC. Something Nintendo has been doing far more of, of late.

Jezo
NNID: Super_Jezo
3DS Friend Code: 4811-6932-4056
Xbox Gamertag: J3Z0
Steam ID: Jezo

Post by Jezo » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:20 am

Sonicka wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:36 pm
1 Beast remains - I hope the final one is good when i get round to it.

I'd say the only thing I've been a tad letdown by is that none of the other tribes situations and quests to defeat to devine beast has been as thrilling as Van Ruta so far. Zora's domain was the best - most engaging - lengthy - and story driven set piece of the game for me.
If the last one you've got left is Gerudo Desert then you should be in for a good ride.

So I finally found that last memory, and then I finally gave in to finding those last 2 shrines and used a regional map to say which shrines are in which region. Crossed 'em off and it said one's in Hyrule Ridge and the other's in Duelling Peaks area. I managed to find the one in Hyrule Ridge in a tiny area I didn't recognise, and sure enough the shrine locator started going off to my surprise. Still haven't found the last one. Thing is though, I've still got 2 shrines quests left to find and only 1 shrine left to get. 8 sidequests too. Idk where the gooseberry fool I'm supposed to find 10 people looking for quests where I haven't yet been. I've checked all the damn stables and all the towns/villages (that I'm aware of). Actually, there's probably random people in shacks up in those snowy areas where I cba to go cause too cold innit.
Avvy goes up to #110 Weezing

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:08 am

RainbowGazelle wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:19 am
Pay extra for a custom way point. Pay extra for a mask which would be in every other base Zelda game. Pay extra to see your path taken; something the game was already keeping track of, you're just paying to make it visible. So yes, this is unlocked, scumbag DLC. Something Nintendo has been doing far more of, of late.
Surprised to see such a hostile response. If you don't think it's worth it don't buy it (and wait for the second pack, which is part of the same cost). Trials of the Sword is the main feature of DLC pack 1 and it's a great addition - everything else is just bonus content.

The path through the game is a fun feature and could easily have been a free update for everyone, but I'm also glad it wasn't in the original game - it would have changed the way I played. It's much better as something you only see late on or after completion.

Similarly with the extra costumes and masks, I think the base game would be made worse with them available from the start if it's your first time playing.

RainbowGazelle

Post by RainbowGazelle » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:54 am

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:08 am
If you don't think it's worth it don't buy it (and wait for the second pack, which is part of the same cost).
That's what I'm doing. I was explaining why.
OrangeRakoon wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:08 am
It's much better as something you only see late on or after completion.

Similarly with the extra costumes and masks, I think the base game would be made worse with them available from the start if it's your first time playing.
So nothing wrong with them being unlocks after you complete the game.

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:06 pm

What about the Trials of the Sword?

SupaWaluigi
NNID: Koopa96
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7126-6522
Steam ID: SupaWaluigi

Post by SupaWaluigi » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:27 pm

I'm kinda with RainbowGazelle on this one. Trial of the Sword is the big feature of this first DLC pack, but for me there's no reason to get it right now until DLC story quest is released. And that's alright, since I feel fulfilled by the amount of content in the base game from start to finish, so now I can have a break and return to it with a good 3-4 hour's content of the DLC combined.

As for things such as costumes, they are a bit pointless, merely extras to the main content of the Trial of the Sword.

Game Geek - Film Fan - Lanky

YouTube: SupaWaluigi
Twitter