The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Come here to talk about anything to do with Nintendo, including Switch, WiiU, 3DS and mobile.

What scares you more?

A Lynel in the distance
45%
The sound of a Guardian's laser lock on
36%
Electric god damn Keese
18%

Total votes: 33

H.Kazuhira
NNID: H.Kazuhira

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Post by H.Kazuhira » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:35 pm

Oh man, I don't think I've ever felt so much excitement and awe only for that to quickly deflate into being disappointed. Came across the Trial of Thunder last night. Holy crap, that caught me off guard at first. Then you're required to gather the orbs to unlock the Shrine and I feel like it was done a bit lazily. Considering how big that area is, it was barely used. I assumed we would be required to traverse all over the place finding the orbs while the thunder storm was going on striking everything. Would have have been much more intense. This could have easily been one of my favorite moments in the game too.

Despite so, I now have the full Rubber Set which I currently have the Legs and Chest equipped with my hood. Makes Link look sorta like a super hero lol. I've been unlocking more Sheikah Towers too, just to make traveling later more easier. I was planning on taking my time with those but felt like would be better for convenience.
I am the reason, the answer and the problem.
Twitter

DarkRula
NNID: DarkRula
Xbox Gamertag: DarkRula
Steam ID: DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:56 pm

Ape wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:16 pm
Want to do Death Mountain's Divine Beast next but I cannot go anywhere in the area where I'm meant to go without burning up. Am I missing anything I need to survive heatproof areas? Is there a Goron somewhere that gives you the appropriate equipment?
Robbo-92 wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:18 pm
I've found myself in the same position Ape, hence why I'm now exploring west.
There's fireproof equipment in the store of Goron City, so if you want to try and reach said city you need to be quick and have a lot of food. Otherwise, there should be someone nearby who offers either fireproof elixir or the required critter to make said elixir

Ape
NNID: GenericAperson
3DS Friend Code: 133281054437
PSN ID: GSAperson

Post by Ape » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:58 pm

Cheers DarkRula.

Thanks to you I made it to Goron City albeit after eating about half the cooked Radish dishes in my possession. Used the water along the way to heal up and immediately sold as much as possible to buy all the heat protection equipment. Now effectively on the path to my second divine beast.

Also found a pretty cool Easter Egg but forgot to screenshot it, so if you can watch cutscenes again via the album I'll try and screenshot it and put it on Twitter.

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:11 am

Right I'll make a run for it when I hopefully get back in it later!

euan707
NNID: Cameron
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2551-9050

Post by euan707 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:58 am

DarkRula wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:56 pm
Ape wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:16 pm
Want to do Death Mountain's Divine Beast next but I cannot go anywhere in the area where I'm meant to go without burning up. Am I missing anything I need to survive heatproof areas? Is there a Goron somewhere that gives you the appropriate equipment?
Robbo-92 wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:18 pm
I've found myself in the same position Ape, hence why I'm now exploring west.
There's fireproof equipment in the store of Goron City, so if you want to try and reach said city you need to be quick and have a lot of food. Otherwise, there should be someone nearby who offers either fireproof elixir or the required critter to make said elixir
There's a lady at the nearby stable who sells the elixers. If it makes you feel any better, I missed her too and decided to do the other beasts before coming back and trying again.
Last Man Standing
What Did We Play? - WiiU

Yubel
NNID: Alex-Haldane
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2474-9108
PSN ID: Alex-Haldane

Post by Yubel » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:41 pm

Having recently travelled through Goron City myself, the Flamebreaker armour is essential if you plan on sticking around. Before that though I naturally encountered the lady who sells fireproof elixirs.

I'd ran out by the time I arrived so was pressured to locate the armoury whilst on fire. There are some pretty reliable weapons to find in this region too - namely the stone masher and boulder breaker.
- Nintendo Yubellion -

Super ONM. Superior Yubel.

Cero
3DS Friend Code: 4742-7509-0530

Post by Cero » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:15 pm

I'm glad I left Death Mountain etc for last, loving the area! Probably my favourite.

H.Kazuhira

Post by H.Kazuhira » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:02 pm

Just saw a screenshot of a Lynel mask on Twitter and now I need this more than anything.
Twitter

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:24 pm

All the Korok trials don't involve sneaking behind one do they? This first one has stupidly good eyesight.

H.Kazuhira

Post by H.Kazuhira » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:36 pm

I've seen so many people complain about that. But I found it pretty straight forward and wasn't caught once. Didn't have full sheikah gear equipped either. Understanding line of sight is key for that particular trial. You'd be surprised how forgiving BotW is with using cover.
Twitter

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:40 pm

H.Kazuhira wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:36 pm
I've seen so many people complain about that. But I found it pretty straight forward and wasn't caught once. Didn't have full sheikah gear equipped either. Understanding line of sight is key for that particular trial. You'd be surprised how forgiving BotW is with using cover.
It really wouldn't be as bad if they had him hovering and not walking, could get through it a bit quicker that way so repeat runs wouldn't be as bad, think I'm going to try running in ahead this time and waiting for him.

fulhamben

Post by fulhamben » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:19 pm

An someone give me some motivation please. Done the elephant beast, got master sword. Done most things in south east, just losing a bit of love. Need a target to reach for. Wasn't planning on doing the other beasts just yet

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:57 pm

I know how you feel, I explored the south east a lot before finally moving onto the divine beast in Zoras Domain. The best thing I can say is to head for another beast, by doing that you'll explore more and do more shrines, side quests, Korok seeds and the like. This is what I did anyway to kick start my time on this game again (although I only had a couple of days away from it).

Ape

Post by Ape » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:07 pm

Beaten Death Mountain's Divine Beast. Probably my favourite one of the two I've played if only because they brought back the rotating floors from Stone Tower Temple. Now involved in some Thunder Trial which looks like it might open up a Shrine for completing it but I can't get the orbs onto the main pedestal where I think they need to be.

Someone found the Master Sword already just by sticking to the South East. Obviously I've been looking in the wrong areas...

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:19 pm

How has someone found the Master Sword by sticking to the south east? kind of in the completely wrong area of the map.

Ape

Post by Ape » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:24 pm

Never mind, I think I may have misinterpreted from a post earlier in this thread.

Cleared the Trial of Thunder and doing the subsequent shrine.

H.Kazuhira

Post by H.Kazuhira » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:52 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:40 pm
H.Kazuhira wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:36 pm
It really wouldn't be as bad if they had him hovering and not walking, could get through it a bit quicker that way so repeat runs wouldn't be as bad, think I'm going to try running in ahead this time and waiting for him.
I went in expecting it to be really bad, but I had several moments where I would trigger him looking for me but never was I caught. Which made me curious as to why people found this frustrating. Here's a helpful tip for keeping track of him tho: use Statis or one of the other runs that lets you scan the area. It lights up the everything which makes it much easier to follow him.

I decided to take on my second Divine Beast last night. Went for Medoh since I was already in the area. It's pretty short and sweet but god damn, still blows my mind how these are designed. Especially Medoh, since you are soaring above Hyrule at all times. It feels unreal, loved the whole premise of it. I do wish it was a bit longer, but hey. Also there is something so heartbreaking about the Rito Village theme. Brings back memories but there is such a sad tone to it.
Twitter

DarkRula
NNID: DarkRula
Xbox Gamertag: DarkRula
Steam ID: DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:18 am

Funny thing with that Korok trial is I never once was found by the Korok, I just somehow managed to get lost in the fog a lot of times.

Ape

Post by Ape » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:46 am

Probably should have done more exploring before going into my third dungeon but eh, started Divine Beast Van Medoh now and activated all 5 terminals. I agree with Kazuhira, the dungeons in this game feel way too short.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:23 pm

H.Kazuhira wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:52 pm

I went in expecting it to be really bad, but I had several moments where I would trigger him looking for me but never was I caught. Which made me curious as to why people found this frustrating. Here's a helpful tip for keeping track of him tho: use Statis or one of the other runs that lets you scan the area. It lights up the everything which makes it much easier to follow him.

I decided to take on my second Divine Beast last night. Went for Medoh since I was already in the area. It's pretty short and sweet but god damn, still blows my mind how these are designed. Especially Medoh, since you are soaring above Hyrule at all times. It feels unreal, loved the whole premise of it. I do wish it was a bit longer, but hey. Also there is something so heartbreaking about the Rito Village theme. Brings back memories but there is such a sad tone to it.
Well I've done all 3 trial shrines for that section now, the other two were no where near as bad. May have figured out the tip for keeping track of him if I'd done one of the other trials first as you use magnesis to guide yourself through one.

Edit, finally found the person who sells the fireproof elixirs, just need to find 5 more heatproof lizards so I can find the person to trade them to in exchange for the chest piece of the flamebreaker armour. Probably make the assent tomorrow. Got a couple more memories as well on my travels today.

Nofes
NNID: noffles
3DS Friend Code: 2320 6164 3159
PSN ID: Inofa
Xbox Gamertag: Inofa
Steam ID: Inofa

Post by Nofes » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:28 pm

DarkRula wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:18 am
Funny thing with that Korok trial is I never once was found by the Korok, I just somehow managed to get lost in the fog a lot of times.
I climbed a bunch of trees a whole lot.
Bucket

Ape

Post by Ape » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:53 pm

Master Sword GET!
Only one more Divine Beast to go now, will do that and then I'll try and find all the memories so that I can see all the cutscenes, at which point that will be when I'll be off to do Hyrule Castle and the endgame.

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:30 pm

I beat ganon. He was a little disappointing

I came in at a little over 46% completion. I'm missing 3 sidequests and 16 shrines.

danbish
NNID: TheFatPlumber
3DS Friend Code: 0920-1615-5762
Xbox Gamertag: Emerald Eagle
Steam ID: TheFatPlumber

Post by danbish » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:02 pm

Breaking that fourth wall

H.Kazuhira

Post by H.Kazuhira » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:49 pm

Okay the Labyrinth Ruins in North Tabantha was freakin' cool as heck. Genuinely feels like you're trapped within them. I went to the Forgotten Ruins afterwards too. Wasn't as cool, but had me question what the Ruins could of been the entire time. Place is pretty huge. Sometimes I wish these places hid a bit more lore.
Twitter