The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Come here to talk about anything to do with Nintendo, including Switch, WiiU, 3DS and mobile.

What scares you more?

A Lynel in the distance
44%
The sound of a Guardian's laser lock on
38%
Electric god damn Keese
19%

Total votes: 32

Minoru
NNID: PunishingLawyer
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8638-1569

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Post by Minoru » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:30 am

H.Kazuhira wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:49 pm
Okay the Labyrinth Ruins in North Tabantha was freakin' cool as heck. Genuinely feels like you're trapped within them. I went to the Forgotten Ruins afterwards too. Wasn't as cool, but had me question what the Ruins could of been the entire time. Place is pretty huge. Sometimes I wish these places hid a bit more lore.
That's the
giant maze with the Guardians, right?
I got so lost in there. Had to spend like twenty minutes following the left wall to find the way.

Anyway, finished Vas Medoh now. I think it was the only Divine Beast so far I actually enjoyed. Felt it was far too short though. That's one of my only real criticisms withheld game, would've like it if the Divine Beast were more like traditional dungeons and a little longer.
Visit my Zero Escape AC town. Dream Address: 7900-2291-4463

Minoru

Post by Minoru » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:31 am

Accidentally double posted...

Minoru

Post by Minoru » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:33 am

My mobile is being sucky

euan707
NNID: Cameron
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2551-9050

Post by euan707 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:32 am

Well the first 100% run was just completed I'm 49:09:41. That's 49 hours.

Edit: Also this is a good video.

Breath of the Wild - Not Enough Zelda
Last Man Standing
What Did We Play? - WiiU

fulhamben

Post by fulhamben » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:45 am

100% in 49 hours? I probably won't find 900 Korak seeds in 49 days

euan707
NNID: Cameron
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2551-9050

Post by euan707 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:20 pm

Unfortunately it was a French runner so I didn't understand much. From what I saw he did it region by region, so perhaps a little more routing and optimisation would bring it under 24 hours
Last Man Standing
What Did We Play? - WiiU

H.Kazuhira
NNID: H.Kazuhira

Post by H.Kazuhira » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:41 pm

Minoru wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:30 am
H.Kazuhira wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:49 pm
Okay the Labyrinth Ruins in North Tabantha was freakin' cool as heck. Genuinely feels like you're trapped within them. I went to the Forgotten Ruins afterwards too. Wasn't as cool, but had me question what the Ruins could of been the entire time. Place is pretty huge. Sometimes I wish these places hid a bit more lore.
That's the
giant maze with the Guardians, right?
I got so lost in there. Had to spend like twenty minutes following the left wall to find the way.
That might be the other one you experienced lol. I've saved that one for later.
I am the reason, the answer and the problem.
Twitter

Ape
NNID: GenericAperson
3DS Friend Code: 133281054437
PSN ID: GSAperson

Post by Ape » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:50 pm

Just finished the last Divine Beast. Having already got the Master Sword all that's left now is finding the lost memories and then going to Hyrule Castle. Can't believe I'm getting close to finishing this game...

Now that I've seen the names of all the Divine Beasts I'd like to talk about them and ask a question.
So Divine Beast Vah Ruta is named after Ruto, Rudania is an anagram of Darunia and Naboris is named after Naboruu, all sages from Ocarina of Time so... what is Vah Medoh named after?

DarkRula
NNID: DarkRula
Xbox Gamertag: DarkRula
Steam ID: DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:13 pm

Ape wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:50 pm
what is Vah Medoh named after?
Only one without a tie to Ocarina of Time. Instead it ties with The Wind Waker.
Sage of Earth - Medli

Cero
3DS Friend Code: 4742-7509-0530

Post by Cero » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:22 pm

Just finished the last battle. Not the best but a far cry from being a letdown! Loved it infact!

Yubel
NNID: Alex-Haldane
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2474-9108
PSN ID: Alex-Haldane

Post by Yubel » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:49 pm

Speaking of mazes, Iv'e done Lomei Labyrinth Island but not seen any other places like it yet. Mainly seeking out guardians (including the skywatcher archetype) so I can round up the ancient soldier gear set before tackling the final divine beast on my agenda, Vah Medoh.

I agree that these 'dungeons' are disappointing though; the overall concept is cool and leaves a big impression at first, but the whole formula is what stops them from comparing to past games.
- Nintendo Yubellion -

Super ONM. Superior Yubel.

H.Kazuhira

Post by H.Kazuhira » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:52 pm

Just took on that Labyrinth last night. Didn't leave as big of an impression on me as the other one tho. But holy freakin' heck when you complete the shrine and fall down that hole at the entrance I almost had a heart attack after seeing all those guardians. Love stuff like that. I genuinely thought I was effed and they were all gonna come alive lol. I even did the slow camera pan around the room I was that terrified >,>
Twitter

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:54 pm

H.Kazuhira wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:52 pm
Just took on that Labyrinth last night. Didn't leave as big of an impression on me as the other one tho. But holy freakin' heck when you complete the shrine and fall down that hole at the entrance I almost had a heart attack after seeing all those guardians. Love stuff like that. I genuinely thought I was effed and they were all gonna come alive lol. I even did the slow camera pan around the room I was that terrified >,>
Did you not open the chest Kaz? Then they do all wake up

H.Kazuhira

Post by H.Kazuhira » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:23 pm

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:54 pm
H.Kazuhira wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:52 pm
Did you not open the chest Kaz? Then they do all wake up
Yeah I suspected as much, so I grabbed it and made the quickest B Line of outta there. No thanks lol. I plan to go back when I'm more prepared tho. Seems like a good farming spot.
Twitter

OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:30 pm

For me it went like this:
- Jumped down, huh this is cool, thank god guardians are dead
- Open chest
- Lasers lock on from every direction
- I open the map and teleport away

Bee Doof
FKA Nintendoofus
NNID: Penguin5632
Xbox Gamertag: Bee Doof

Post by Bee Doof » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:47 pm

I stayed and murdered them all for precious bits because I am a braveman

H.Kazuhira

Post by H.Kazuhira » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:58 pm

I've gotten into the habit of using Stasis Rune a lot as a means to scan the area for enemies and items. So that was the first thing I did when I went down there. Which is when I proceeded to slow pan in horror lol.
Twitter

Majin_Nephets
NNID: Majin_Nephets
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8667-3978

Post by Majin_Nephets » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:49 pm

Spent the last few days clearing out the Forest and Hebra regions, having previously dipped my toe into the latter to solve the shrine quest with the "big white bird". My biggest problem with the stealth Korok trial was losing track of where the little guy was.

I'm almost done with the Hebra region, just heading over to those ruins northeast of the stable. Thankfully the area's resident Lynel didn't spot me. Then it'll be south to fill in the last two spaces on my map and challenge my final Divine Beast.
PM me if you decide to add me on 3DS or Wii U

Ape
NNID: GenericAperson
3DS Friend Code: 133281054437
PSN ID: GSAperson

Post by Ape » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:16 pm

Just beaten the game. Final totals were 16 heart containers, two full stamina wheels and 61 shrines completed. Made a lot of preperations for Ganon which included cooking a ton of 6+ health meals.
The final fight first phase was quite tough. First time round I was able to hit him quite well with the Master Sword and figured out that you could stun him by riding the updrafts from his fire attacks. When he gained armour, that's when I first became stuck. I didn't realise that Urbosa's Fury could break through the armour at first and then that turned out to be the only thing I had that was capable of damaging it. In typical Zelda fashion I got almost all the way to being a phase of the final boss on my first attempt, then on the second one I didn't do anywhere near as well. Third was successful after spending time running around with Ganon on 5 health looking to recharge Urbosa's Fury so I could break the shield down, and this attempt was the one where I also find out you can knock him off the walls with Urbosa's Fury. The recharge proved enough to beat him.

Second phase I spent a while trying to figure out why my arrows weren't doing any damage to the glowing Triforce parts and by chance found the bow I needed out in the field, fortunately Ganon's attacks are very easy to dodge at this point so the hard part was hitting him. Getting all the memories for the extra ending made the whole ending sequence that bit more satisfying because I felt otherwise that ending was going to feel rather flat...

Overall this was a very good game. The gameplay was probably the best part of the whole thing and the graphical style was excellent. The game itself was also quite challenging but as you go further through it then it does get easier due to getting access to better weapons and there not really being a difficulty curve. Have to mark the game down for a story that doesn't really go anywhere, a soundtrack which is great in some places but not so much in others and a dungeon concept which is rather cool but leaves the whole dungeon section rather shot.

But it's definitely a very good Zelda game. I don't think it's my favourite game of all time but I would probably consider it a game that's just outside my top 10 favourite games. They did a great job with the game but there are some things I thought could be done better

OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:16 am

All shrines all side-quests complete - I looked up the map location for the last 8 shrines.

I could still do stuff like fully upgrade all the armour sets (everything is now on the final upgrade apart from some of the circlets and the amiibo stuff I don't have), complete the compendium (I'm ~95% done) and hunt for koroks (I've maxed weapons but not bows/shields). Not sure I will though.

Total play time: 125 hours
Total deaths: 2 (with one being deliberate 8^) )

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:39 am

Well I'm just about to start the second divine beast, progress has been very slow this past week but I've got the weekend off (and no F1 to watch for a change) so I do plan on putting a fair amount of time into this. I'm on 52 shrines, not keeping track of side quests as I don't plan on 100% ing this till I get the Switch version (as good as it is I don't fancy 100% ing it twice!) and even then I may draw a line at the Korok seeds.

Think I'm currently sitting on about 60 hours or so, probably go up a good amount over the weekend,

Yubel
NNID: Alex-Haldane
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2474-9108
PSN ID: Alex-Haldane

Post by Yubel » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:41 pm

Did the Korok Trials today. The Lost Pilgrimage was nowhere near as bad as people made out - I failed twice, but only cause I lost sight of Oaki the first time and again because I got to the shrine ahead of him, claimed the spirit orb and warped back to the start. But all for 3x big hearty truffles...? Iv'e been played.

Feels great to have the Master Sword now though.
- Nintendo Yubellion -

Super ONM. Superior Yubel.

H.Kazuhira

Post by H.Kazuhira » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:52 pm

Bruh, why are there like 3 Major Test of Strength Shrines in the Hebra region? Gotta come back later for them now. Hate leaving unfinished Shrines tho.

I've gathered up over another 100 Korok Seeds which should hopefully let me upgrade my weapon slots twice. Think I need 52 for one upgrade, dunno what it will make me need for the next >,>
Twitter

Kriken
FKA liberal

Post by Kriken » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:03 pm

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:30 pm
I beat ganon. He was a little disappointing
I really wanted to see a gerudo/human Ganon or rather Gannondorf. Or at least some character. But the intro cutscene/master sword lighting up was cool and I enjoyed the first boss fight.

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:36 am

Good couple of hours spent on it already this morning, beat the second divine beast and reclaimed the Master Sword. Found the second boss a lot easier than the first which wasn't that hard anyway. Still can't find a Goron whose names ends in "son" though, are they in one of the mines?