Nintendo Direct - 1st September

Come here to talk about anything to do with Nintendo, including Switch, WiiU, 3DS and mobile.
danbish
NNID: TheFatPlumber
3DS Friend Code: 0920-1615-5762
Xbox Gamertag: Emerald Eagle
Steam ID: TheFatPlumber

Nintendo Direct - 1st September

Post by danbish » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:36 pm

Nintendo have announced there's going to be a new Direct on 1st September at 3pm! Sadly though, Nintendo's website says there will be no NX or mobile information although we should get a look at their plans for the rest of the year.

What would you guys and gals like to see?

Here's the link: Nintendo Direct

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Re: Nintendo Direct - 1st September

Post by Robbo-92 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:01 pm

Well Pokemon Sun/Moon is probably a given, maybe that Lady Layton game that Level 5 is working on at the moment may get a trailer of sorts? That's releasing in 2017 so that may be unlikely. Detective Pikachu? Seems to say that this direct will be focused on the 3DS (understandable as Paper Mario Colour Splash couldn't fill a full direct). The new 3DS style will probably get a mention, the 'galaxy' style Nintendo of America announce on their Twitter yesterday (I think).

No NX news at all though? Surely they could give a date for when to actually expect NX news at the end as a teaser for the reveal.

ShadowSirens

Post by ShadowSirens » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:38 pm

That's absolute balls! Why does Nintendo say at every Direct and E3 since the beginning of the hype train there will be no new information about the one thing everyone actually wants to see?

It's like they don't actually want us to watch or something.

As for what they actually will show? How cares? There is nothing interesting to SHOW us before the NX reveal. Pokemon, Layton and Paper Mario and that's all that I can be bothered to guess.

Sorry but Nintendo are just being awful at keeping this "hype" going at this point.
Formally of NintendoForLife fame

Wiimote
NNID: ToadLucy
3DS Friend Code: 451105775238

Post by Wiimote » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:52 pm

Would love Pokemon sun & moon info & some Pokemon vc games maybe?
Check out my Super Mario Maker levels https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintend ... e/ToadLucy

New 3DS fc: 4511-0577-5238
NNID: ToadLucy

3DS XL fc: 5343-8571-2369
NNID: Toadsie

Thank you Evil Ted for my awesome avatar

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:02 pm

They probably realise that whatever hype the NX has is still keeping itself going with the rumours we keep hearing about, it makes for interesting reading, as to the pros and cons of each rumour but I think most people are now just waiting for the NX to actually be revealed as they have grown tired of constant discussing of rumours.

I can't see it being too long (if the current status quo continues) that people will start thinking the NX has been delayed to mid-late 2017, fair enough don't talk about it but at least give the fans an actual date to look forward to rather than just (more or less) complete silence on the matter, didn't they last say that September was when to expect actual news on the NX?
Wiimote wrote:Would love Pokemon sun & moon info & some Pokemon vc games maybe?
I've been wanting to see Pokemon GSC on the Virtual Console since they announced RBY were coming to the 3DS so that'd be good in my opinion.

H.Kazuhira
NNID: H.Kazuhira

Post by H.Kazuhira » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:05 pm

Safe to assume this will be our next Sun and Moon info dump. I don't follow 3DS news as closely as I used to so I'm not sure about other games that are coming out during winter period. Oh yeah didn't they mention something about an Animal Crossing New Leaf update a while back? Might address that more too.
I am the reason, the answer and the problem.
Twitter

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:21 pm

I recall hearing about a New Leaf update, can't recall what it was about/for though.

shy guy 64
NNID: digitaltriforce

Post by shy guy 64 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:32 pm

awesome cant wait to see it

by the by we have a general direct thread
I'm bad and that's good. I will never be good and thats not bad. theres no one id rather be than me

euan707
NNID: Cameron
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2551-9050

Post by euan707 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:30 pm

H.Kazuhira wrote:Safe to assume this will be our next Sun and Moon info dump.
Has the last 3 weeks not been just one continuous Sun Moon info dump?
Last Man Standing
What Did We Play? - WiiU

Nofes
NNID: noffles
3DS Friend Code: 2320 6164 3159
PSN ID: Inofa
Xbox Gamertag: Inofa
Steam ID: Inofa

Post by Nofes » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:13 pm

shy guy 64 wrote:awesome cant wait to see it

by the by we have a general direct thread
Great!

I'll use this one instead and damage your ego because people don't care about your thread.

TGS for NX then, probably. Can't really do much wrong somewhere that lets everyone go hands on.
Bucket

H.Kazuhira
NNID: H.Kazuhira

Post by H.Kazuhira » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:50 pm

euan707 wrote:
H.Kazuhira wrote:Safe to assume this will be our next Sun and Moon info dump.
Has the last 3 weeks not been just one continuous Sun Moon info dump?
I feel like they're going to keep it a trend until it releases.
I am the reason, the answer and the problem.
Twitter

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:46 am

Nofes wrote: Great!

I'll use this one instead and damage your ego because people don't care about your thread.

TGS for NX then, probably. Can't really do much wrong somewhere that lets everyone go hands on.
TGS is certainly looking more likely now they've just announced this 3DS direct. I'd like to see a NX orientated direct before hand though, that way everyone gets to see what the NX is and then journalists can get their hands on the NX at TGS a few days after so we can get feedback in what the NX is actually like to play and use.

swarf
NNID: liam23

Post by swarf » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:11 am

Robbo-92 wrote:I recall hearing about a New Leaf update, can't recall what it was about/for though.

yes! lots of this info please!
Currently Mainly Playing:
Switch: FIFA 18 and Rocket League

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:24 am

swarf wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:I recall hearing about a New Leaf update, can't recall what it was about/for though.

yes! lots of this info please!
Having looked into it a little, it seems to focus on being able to use other series Amiibo with New Leaf, not sure what else.

danbish

Post by danbish » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:06 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:
Nofes wrote: TGS for NX then, probably. Can't really do much wrong somewhere that lets everyone go hands on.
TGS is certainly looking more likely now they've just announced this 3DS direct. I'd like to see a NX orientated direct before hand though, that way everyone gets to see what the NX is and then journalists can get their hands on the NX at TGS a few days after so we can get feedback in what the NX is actually like to play and use.
This is a really good idea that I'd like to see. Have a NX Direct right on the TGS with all the details. I'd more than likely be both frothing at the mouth for one and insanely angry & jealous of the journalists getting hands on at the same time.

DarkRula
NNID: DarkRula
Xbox Gamertag: DarkRula
Steam ID: DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:37 pm

That was a good showing, but in a way shows they are done with WiiU aside from a few small releases.
Yoshi Woolly World and Super Mario Maker on 3DS.

And hopefully this is also the end of the Direct drought, as one was confirmed to be talking about the new Animal Crossing: New Leaf update in the Autumn, which seems a bit much for something that appears so small.

SupaWaluigi
NNID: Koopa96
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7126-6522
Steam ID: SupaWaluigi

Post by SupaWaluigi » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:43 pm

Was a pretty good Direct. I mean I won't be able to purchase any of the stuff shown since I've gotta crack down on budgeting my money at uni, but it's nice to know that there will be a lot to catch up on. And I am especially looking forward to Pikmin on 3DS, even if it is a side scroller this time!

One thing I do find slightly annoying though is having the knowledge that I will never fully (or at least not for a long time) complete Streetpass. It's nice that it keeps getting updated with new games, but ever since the huge update that added the first lot of new games and tickets for hats, I haven't made a dent in getting said hats or even completing puzzle panels. Hell, I don't even think I've finished the original panels yet!

Game Geek - Film Fan - Lanky

YouTube: SupaWaluigi
Twitter

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:43 pm

That was a good direct! A lot more announcements than I was expecting.

Mario Party simultaneous moves is the innovation that the series needs... but unfortunately it needs to be in a home console game for me to be interested. It's a party game! The same goes for Mario Sports Megamix - a good looking game that combines several great Mario sports titles, but it needs to offer couch multiplayer for me to want it, so 3DS is no good. Maybe there will be NX versions of both to come?

3DS continues to poach WiiU games with Mario Maker and Yoshi. I was excited by Mario Maker right until the bizarre announcement that you can't search for levels by their ID... followed by announcing you can't even upload your levels online. Streetpass level sharing basically makes it a game that'll work in Japan but nowhere else, which is upsetting. I would love portable Mario Maker if it just kept the same features as the WiiU game.

Yoshi's Woolly World looks adorable and I already love the dogs (poochies?). I think I might want it just for the amiibo... which is basically why I got the original WiiU game too. And talking of amiibo, the new Zelda amiibo look great, especially the toon link which should be better than the smash bros one.

The new Hyrule Warriors DLC looks super fun and I intend to purchase it, although I'm still working through the base game content and have yet to buy the DLC that is already out. Damn Monster Hunter distracting me.

2D Pikmin was a complete surprise to me, and while I'm not sure I will play it it's nice to see.

I wish the streetpass queuing of 100 people was available to everyone :(

shy guy 64
NNID: digitaltriforce

Post by shy guy 64 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:44 pm

im getting all those zelda amiibos, looking forward to that new pikmin

funnily i had imagined phantom zelda as a character in hw and toon link both with the sand wand and spirit train not together though

port of super mario maker just seems unessary
I'm bad and that's good. I will never be good and thats not bad. theres no one id rather be than me

DarkRula
NNID: DarkRula
Xbox Gamertag: DarkRula
Steam ID: DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:45 pm

I highly doubt I'll be getting any of the new Streetpass games either. In fact, I'll probably only ever get the free choice one, and that'll be the slot car racer.

Nintendonator3000

Post by Nintendonator3000 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:47 pm

Not a bad direct, couple of minor surprises.
The Pikmin game in particular has gained my interest as I just can;t get myself into the other Pikmin games so this could be a new way for me to actually enjoy the series.
Ever since joining the original ONM I've been a huge Nintendo fan (specifically Zelda) and am looking forward to some great discussions. I was previously known as Lego Master

beansontoast

Post by beansontoast » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:54 pm

-Ports
-No Etrian Odyssey V
-Sidescroller Pikmin

Garf
NNID: Garfsona
PSN ID: GarfGuy
Steam ID: garfield069

Post by Garf » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:55 pm

spirit tracks though

doing a Maximum Spider with the train is the best idea for a super

also, finally, a date for SMT4A

gooseberry fool damn it was watching the american stream

Sabrofra
NNID: GameBoySam
3DS Friend Code: 2406-5595-5668
Steam ID: Sabrofra

Post by Sabrofra » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:31 pm

amiibo everywhere

danbish

Post by danbish » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:44 pm

Having just watched the Direct, I can't help but think I'll be skint by Christmas. Honestly Nintendo, I may as well just give you my bank account details.