Super Mario Odyssey thread

Come here to talk about anything to do with Nintendo, including Switch, WiiU, 3DS and mobile.
Nofes
NNID: noffles
3DS Friend Code: 2320 6164 3159
PSN ID: Inofa
Xbox Gamertag: Inofa
Steam ID: Inofa

Re: Super Mario Odyssey thread

Post by Nofes » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:20 pm

fulhamben wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:46 pm
shy guy 64 wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:40 pm
fulhamben wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:28 pm
Does anyone know how to get the dog statue/figure that can be seen in the odyssey. My son spotted it online and now that's all he goes on about. Had a quick Google and found nothing. Thanks on advance
a dog appears on boards the odyssey when you complete it
thanks, I'll have to double check his save file as I'm sure he has already done as you suggest and still doesn't have it
Ignore him anyway, he's wrong. The dog only appears in the Odyssey when you're landed on levels where there's no dog based moon in the level.
Bucket

ZeroJones
NNID: Ballyzero

Post by ZeroJones » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:16 am

I found certain aspects of the game frustrating.
1) The removal of power-ups renders the question mark blocks totally unexciting: they contain hearts or coins and that's it. No 1-Ups, no unexpected Fire Flower. They felt a bit pointless.

2) Most of the transformations slow the game right down. I'm not saying Mario's gotta go fast, but there needs to be a balance somewhere.

3) Moons are thrown at you like confetti, so what was usually a massive achievement in previous games felt diluted to the point of having no impact. Turn a corner, find a Moon.

I guess I just need to adjust.
I'm not trying to say it's a bad game, far from it! Wonderful joy for huge stretches of exciting worlds. Just... niggly. To me.

H.Kazuhira
NNID: H.Kazuhira

Post by H.Kazuhira » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:23 pm

Finally jumped into Odyssey last night. Just from the couple hours I've put in has already got me giddy with excitement for whats to come. Also it eats me up inside knowing there Moons you have to leave behind. I've always had that mentality to clear as much as I can for each area. This game is about to consume me >,>
I am the reason, the answer and the problem.
Twitter

Yubel
NNID: Alex-Haldane
3DS Friend Code: 4339-2474-9108
PSN ID: Alex-Haldane

Post by Yubel » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:32 pm

H.Kazuhira wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:23 pm
Finally jumped into Odyssey last night. Just from the couple hours I've put in has already got me giddy with excitement for whats to come. Also it eats me up inside knowing there Moons you have to leave behind. I've always had that mentality to clear as much as I can for each area. This game is about to consume me >,>
I started Odyssey yesterday too and yes, I'm pretty sure there are certain opportunities Iv'e been forced to leave behind - surely there's a moon you can get by activating all the lights in Bonneton.

Already lost count of all the moons Iv'e collected in Tosterina, all before I even approached the main ruins.
- Nintendo Yubellion -

Super ONM. Superior Yubel.

H.Kazuhira

Post by H.Kazuhira » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:50 pm

Stayed up pretty late trying to clean up Tosterina last night. Some underground levels that took me by surprise especially a certain one that similar to those in Sunshine. Really hope I encounter more of them.
Twitter

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:23 pm

H.Kazuhira wrote:
Also it eats me up inside knowing there Moons you have to leave behind. I've always had that mentality to clear as much as I can for each area.
Follow my path, this is the game that can break that mentality

Nintendonator3000

Post by Nintendonator3000 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:56 pm

Just finished the main story. Not a whole lot I can say that hasn't been said so I won't to into detail but yeah - it was very good. I've only got about 350 moons so there's plenty left to do.
Ever since joining the original ONM I've been a huge Nintendo fan (specifically Zelda) and am looking forward to some great discussions. I was previously known as Lego Master

H.Kazuhira

Post by H.Kazuhira » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:23 pm

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:23 pm
H.Kazuhira wrote:
Also it eats me up inside knowing there Moons you have to leave behind. I've always had that mentality to clear as much as I can for each area.
Follow my path, this is the game that can break that mentality
Too late because I refuse to go to the next Kingdom until I collect every possible Moon in Tostarena """>,> This is my curse and I accept it. If it takes a too much of a toll on my momentum I might be inclined to move on lol. I'm actually enjoying taking my time in each Kingdom tho.

Side note to finding Moons, nothing feels worse than wasting 50 coins on a hint that should have been super obvious to you in the first place. I'm only going for hints when it gets to a point where there are only a dozen or so Moons left.
Twitter

RichardUK
NNID: RichardBatesUK
3DS Friend Code: 1177-9740-4606
PSN ID: RichardBatesUK
Xbox Gamertag: RichardBatesUK

Post by RichardUK » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:36 am

I have just completed the final boss but still have loads of moons to collect
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'