Amiibo

Come here to talk about anything to do with Nintendo, including Switch, WiiU, 3DS and mobile.
Dig Dug

Re: Amiibo

Post by Dig Dug » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:18 am

How's everyone going with their amiibo. I'm currently trying to beat bad habits out of them such as them SD'ing for no reason and going really low down when recovering (all 5 of my amiibo's do this).

shy guy 64
NNID: digitaltriforce

Post by shy guy 64 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:39 am

shy guy 64 wrote:wouldnt you know it a game near me was selling some of wave two early

so i got myself luigi, so far i plan to call him "boo hunter" but i dont think thatll fit
turns out it did fit
I'm bad and that's good. I will never be good and thats not bad. theres no one id rather be than me

ShadowSirens

Post by ShadowSirens » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:41 pm

We are only two days away from the discussion changing from Wave 1 rarity to Wave 2 rarity.

I don't know what your opinions are on this, but my understanding is that there is only going to be enough to cover pre-orders. If you are expecting to toddle down to the shops on Friday and pick up any of Wave 2 you are going to be disappointed. I'm not even sure Amazon are actually going to be able to cover my pre-orders due to their history. (they should dispatch today)

I know it's not our fault though, Nintendo are screwing up royally with the release of Amiibo and we are the ones that are going to miss out because of it. GAME are not releasing "early," but they are actually selling the only ones they have and they will be sold out, possibly until after Christmas/ forever.

Doing an early release is ridiculous and is only adding to the confusion, however in America there is no release date - a extremely stupid move.
I just don't know why people are not talking about it yet - but they will. Just wait..
Formally of NintendoForLife fame

Sir_Bowser
3DS Friend Code: 0576-3806-1574
Xbox Gamertag: tealkraken
Steam ID: tealkraken

Post by Sir_Bowser » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:48 pm

I'm hoping to get a Zelda one but from what people are saying it doesn't sound like I'll be able to as easily as I thought. :c
Twitter/Instagram = tealkraken.

ShadowSirens

Post by ShadowSirens » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:50 pm

Maybe if you go in at nine you might be lucky / be able to bribe the staff. :P

Sir_Bowser

Post by Sir_Bowser » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:37 pm

I will be in town at 9 anyway so may as well give it a shot... Last time I checked my local Game where I go to uni had Marth and Villager Amiibos still in stock, so maybe this one won't be bad for stock either...I can but hope.

swarf
NNID: liam23

Post by swarf » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:45 pm

ShadowSirens wrote:We are only two days away from the discussion changing from Wave 1 rarity to Wave 2 rarity.

I don't know what your opinions are on this, but my understanding is that there is only going to be enough to cover pre-orders. If you are expecting to toddle down to the shops on Friday and pick up any of Wave 2 you are going to be disappointed. I'm not even sure Amazon are actually going to be able to cover my pre-orders due to their history. (they should dispatch today)

I know it's not our fault though, Nintendo are screwing up royally with the release of Amiibo and we are the ones that are going to miss out because of it. GAME are not releasing "early," but they are actually selling the only ones they have and they will be sold out, possibly until after Christmas/ forever.

Doing an early release is ridiculous and is only adding to the confusion, however in America there is no release date - a extremely stupid move.
I just don't know why people are not talking about it yet - but they will. Just wait..

Where'd you get your understanding from?
Currently Mainly Playing:
Switch: FIFA 18 and Rocket League

Kd.

Post by Kd. » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:23 pm

Alright lads, Villager Amiibo back in stock on Amazon.co.uk. Just so you know.

ShadowSirens

Post by ShadowSirens » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:58 pm

swarf wrote:
ShadowSirens wrote:We are only two days away from the discussion changing from Wave 1 rarity to Wave 2 rarity.

Where'd you get your understanding from?
Is what I was told at GAME and that pretty much all of Wave 2 are sold out on Amazon / Game website.

Sabrofra
NNID: GameBoySam
3DS Friend Code: 2406-5595-5668
Steam ID: Sabrofra

Post by Sabrofra » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:33 pm

Went to go buy a Pikachu amiibo today at Argos. Order it, get my ticket number, wait 15 minutes, they then tell me there's none in stock.

Screw you Argos for wasting my time.

Chocolate-Milk
NNID: mcdain123
3DS Friend Code: 2148-9345-8376
PSN ID: mcdain123
Steam ID: mcdain123

Post by Chocolate-Milk » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:44 pm

How does that even happen? Surely they should have checked the stock when you actually paid for the order?
das a peepo

Sabrofra

Post by Sabrofra » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:49 pm

I have no idea. Argos probably have a eton mess operations director.

Dstryr
NNID: Dstryr
3DS Friend Code: 3067-4452-0399

Post by Dstryr » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:48 am

ShadowSirens wrote:Is what I was told at GAME and that pretty much all of Wave 2 are sold out on Amazon / Game website.
Order from Nintendo UK if you definitely want your preorder since they remove any out of stock once their allocation is gone (which is more reliable than amazons guesstimate). It'll only cost you a few pence more, plus they shipped wave 2 out early (got all mine monday).

row101
NNID: row101
3DS Friend Code: Hello world.
PSN ID: Why are you reading?
Xbox Gamertag: Why am I typing?
Steam ID: Why are we alive?

Post by row101 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:20 am

Gonna pop into town today to hunt a Pit amiibo down.

This is ridiculous though, the one time they actually have a chance of replicating the success of the Wii they screw it up by not having enough stock.
Thank you.

Dstryr
NNID: Dstryr
3DS Friend Code: 3067-4452-0399

Post by Dstryr » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:08 am

You can't really blame them on stock though. They need to be smart and conservative with supply, especially considering the install base of the Wii U, we're only on the SSB collection and they need to get out 40+ of these with a continual rotation to not require buying more shelf space. (at least until they gauge how well its doing).

It would be far worse for Nintendo if they overstocked.

Kd.

Post by Kd. » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:49 am

By the way people, if there's one you haven't pre-ordered, just tweet your local Game branch and ask if they have any and if so could they put one aside. My local have their last Captain Falcon reserved for me thanks to a tweet. Worth a punt in the morning if you want to try for one you haven't pre-ordered. Not sure this message will reach anyone in time, but hey-ho.

King-X

Post by King-X » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:58 pm

My Zelda and Captain Falcon are in the post - one failed delivery today so I should have both tomorrow and that will total 8 which I'm content with.

I was up the West End earlier to see if the big HMV/GAME shops in London had wave 2 amiibos in. Neither had them on display yet, one wasn't even sure if they'd ordered any in, they don't seem very high priority.

Currently playing: Splatoon

Sir_Bowser

Post by Sir_Bowser » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:13 pm

No Zelda, Tweeted my local Game and they said they'd try and let me know when she is in stock.
Also pre-ordered Sheik because Sheik is the best. Want Rosalina too but not as much so I guess I'll just leave her for now.

danbish
NNID: TheFatPlumber
3DS Friend Code: 0920-1615-5762
Xbox Gamertag: Emerald Eagle
Steam ID: TheFatPlumber

Post by danbish » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:20 pm

danbish wrote:I'm really hoping Nintendo re-stock the original wave before they discontinue them for good. I really want Villager but I point blank refuse to pay the ridiculous price some retailers are asking for it, I'm also gutted that I never pre-ordered him before he was released as I wouldn't have these problems now.

But there could be a glimmer of hope; I was searching round the internet last night and managed to place a reservation with Argos for him as their website said they'll have him in stock on Friday. The reservation said "available Thursday 18 December - Friday 19 December" for collection but on the off chance I'm popping over both nights. I thought I'd reserve a backup this evening at a different store but he's back to being totally sold out.

I'm really hoping I won't be disappointed.
I have him! I popped over to Argos last night and picked Villager up, God bless Argos! :D

Also, my Zelda, Mac, Kirby and Pit arrived on Monday so I'm well pleased. Ordered Yoshi and Luigi earlier today and hoping to get Captain Falcon & Fox soon. This is turning out to be quite the addiction for me!

RichardUK
NNID: RichardBatesUK
3DS Friend Code: 1177-9740-4606
PSN ID: RichardBatesUK
Xbox Gamertag: RichardBatesUK

Post by RichardUK » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:57 am

are there still any that are rare or being discontinued ?
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'

RainbowGazelle
NNID: RainbowGazelle
3DS Friend Code: various codes
PSN ID: RainbowGazelle

Post by RainbowGazelle » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:21 pm

RichardUK wrote:are there still any that are rare or being discontinued ?
Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, and Marth seem to be the rare ones from Wave 1. Little Mac appears to be the hardest to get a hold of from Wave 2. As for if they're discontinued: no one knows for sure, but retailers are certainly having a hard time getting these ones.
I'm RG Chris on Splatoon!

Wiimote
NNID: ToadLucy
3DS Friend Code: 451105775238

Post by Wiimote » Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:39 pm

I got 3 Amiibo's for Christmas. I got Mario, Villager & Marth :D I'm happy.
Check out my Super Mario Maker levels https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintend ... e/ToadLucy

New 3DS fc: 4511-0577-5238
NNID: ToadLucy

3DS XL fc: 5343-8571-2369
NNID: Toadsie

Thank you Evil Ted for my awesome avatar

Sabrofra

Post by Sabrofra » Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:52 pm

Wanted to get a Captain Falcon and Pikachu amiibo. Buuuuut Amazon decided not to deliver them to me on time.

Some friends did buy me a Wii Fit amiibo though. That was nice of them.

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:30 pm

So I got a total of 3 Amiibo for Christmas, pleased with them all expect the Samus one, she's gotten ever so slightly bent so she looks to be standing at an odd angle, only slightly though. Not had chance to use them with Smash yet though, better get half decent at the game first!

TamzehVB
NNID: RedGuard587
3DS Friend Code: 068855986231

Post by TamzehVB » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:44 pm

I didn't get any amiibo for Christmas, but I have got more than enough to buy one when I next go into town. Which one I get will be a matter of what's in stock.
Still looking to get into Pathfinder RPG
Sig by LightSamus
Inane Ramblings