The Monster Hunter thread - Monster Hunter Stories

Come here to talk about anything to do with Nintendo, including Switch, WiiU, 3DS and mobile.
Vtheyoshi
NNID: vtheyoshi
Steam ID: VlaSoul

Re: The Monster Hunter thread - Monster Hunter X announced

Post by Vtheyoshi » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:32 pm

OrangeRakoon wrote:When I said unlock 4* village I actually meant 5* village

And I have just unlocked it. Hurray now I can gather more

Thanks to yung Kriken for the sig and avatar (asuka best girl)
MAL
Deviantart (trying to be more active nowadays, views are always appreciated) UPDATED 21/06/17

Fisher
NNID: fisher87
3DS Friend Code: 1263-9353-5749

Post by Fisher » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:49 pm

getting Monster Hunter Generations next week.
come to my world and i will project you from bad souls and I'm the ninja pirate master.

New 3DS XL FC is 1263-9353-5749 If you add me then please PM me

beansontoast

Post by beansontoast » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:45 pm

Got some new 3ds plates along with generations, thought the white on black works alright

Fisher

Post by Fisher » Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:49 pm

Awesome.
come to my world and i will project you from bad souls and I'm the ninja pirate master.

H.Kazuhira
NNID: H.Kazuhira

Post by H.Kazuhira » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:13 pm

Frontier G will be getting an update to Z in Japan as well as hopping over to PS4. I can see this coming to NX too since it's already on Wii U there. Now we just need them to bring this over here already -_-

http://gematsu.com/2016/08/monster-hunt ... ovember-22
Last edited by H.Kazuhira on Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am the reason, the answer and the problem.
Twitter

Fisher

Post by Fisher » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:49 pm

this game is awesome.

Bleachyleachy

Post by Bleachyleachy » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:03 pm

Been out of the loop with MH since Tri way back on the Wii. Gave the demo of MH Generations a go. Despite the lack of CCP the camera controls are very easy I found

But man all I want is a MH on PC or at least on a console again. I just way prefer a game like MH on the big screen with a comfy controller rather than the RSI inducing 3DS

Rik
NNID: RikTheNinja
3DS Friend Code: 1032-1749-4002

Post by Rik » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:22 pm

If the NX is a hybrid console/portable like it's rumoured then there's every chance the next entry will be on that, would be ideal for striking the balance between being able to meetup with people irl to play and giving a better home playing experience
Ghost wrote:and since when has "being dumb" been a sin on the internet?
Pokeforum Random Battle Tourney - come for the battles, stay for the salt

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:25 pm

I actually tried the demo not long back as well and found it pretty enjoyable overall, doubt I'll ever get around to purchasing it though, more down to the fact that I probably wouldn't be able to invest as much time as it needs the player to more than anything else. I wouldn't say never should it see a release on the NX though (depending on other games available of course).

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:30 pm

Rik wrote:giving a better home playing experience
But the best home playing experience is on a handheld

Rik

Post by Rik » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:09 pm

Different strokes for different folks, but for long MH sessions I'd prefer being able to use a bigger screen and proper controller to cut down on hand cramps/tired eyes, plus voice chat is usually cut from the handheld versions. That said I am primarily a handheld gamer overall so it isn't something I'm massively bothered by, just would be nice to have the option.

H.Kazuhira

Post by H.Kazuhira » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:37 pm

I never really got fully comfortable playing MH on 3DS. Upgrading to New 3DS didn't help much either. After spending so many years having to deal with playing MH on PSP then going onto Wii and Wii U I really can't go back now. Spoiled with the console experience. Early days of Tri Online were some of the best MH moments I've ever had too. Online on handhelds feels a bit too separated imo. Something I hope that try to revamp with MH NX.
Twitter

OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:44 am

I couldn't deal with Tri at all coming from PSP, it just felt weird using a full controller with twin sticks. The swimming probably didn't help at all.

I also never play MH online so yeah. Local multiplayer wins every time, I just don't really enjoy playing it online anywhere near as much.

Rik

Post by Rik » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:06 pm

Only time I've ever had someone to actually play with irl was way back when I was on MHFU (not counting the time I played Tri's splitscreen arena with my Spanish exchange) so for the harder G Rank stuff online is the only way to go without everything getting massively difficult. I've tried several times to get my friends into it but with little success lol

H.Kazuhira

Post by H.Kazuhira » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:48 pm

Nothing will ever beat local true. Will never forget some of the moments I've had playing with my friend and my cousin during the PSP days. Which is why going into online for Tri was a completely different world for me. Talking and playing with other Hunters is pretty awesome. Also I didn't didn't have wait once a week to play with other people which is a plus. Only downside to Online is that it really does depend when and who you play with. People were a lot more friendlier back in the day. Now everything is filled with pride and how much experience people have. There's an elitist mentality that has plagued the MH community. I know It doesn't apply to everyone but it's very present with a lot of players now. So I get both sides of the story.
Twitter

Rik

Post by Rik » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:29 pm

I've never really had a problem with the online community tbh, I think on 3U there was one guy who got butthurt over the fact that he kept running into my SA attacks then "got his own back" by repeatedly attacking everyone else when they were carving at the end, but other than that everyone I played with was friendly enough. 4U I can't say as much for because the lack of voice chat and awkward character limits means there's a lot less chat, but I've still not encountered too many annoying people and there are still the fun ones who like to dick around post-carve doing running races/dances/upswing wars.

Vtheyoshi

Post by Vtheyoshi » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:12 pm

In terms of the community most people are friendly so that isn't a problem in my experience. I do get a bit annoyed when people enter a room and post their own quest though without doing anyone else's or asking first
Also people who have no skills on their armour in the upper parts of high rank and g rank I don't get cause it seems kind of dumb
and i have a personal vendetta against people called kirito or asuna

MAL
Deviantart (trying to be more active nowadays, views are always appreciated) UPDATED 21/06/17

H.Kazuhira

Post by H.Kazuhira » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:50 pm

Like I said it really depends, I'm mainly speaking from experience from late Tri and Wii U days. I think I might just have bad luck with encountering them lol. Once you find a regular group of hunters to play with it's all good tho. MH is getting bigger and bigger so It's natural you get those types of playing popping up more. We should be teaching newcomers not deter them away because of some lack of knowledge or skill.
Twitter

Rik

Post by Rik » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:50 pm

One thing that did annoy me thinking back was the bow guy who went to the effort of putting the monster to sleep then just as I was about to land a super amped CB finisher decided to butt in and wake it up with a normal arrow shot
Like what was the point
And then later it turned out he even had barrel bombs with him wtf man

SupaWaluigi
NNID: Koopa96
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7126-6522
Steam ID: SupaWaluigi

Post by SupaWaluigi » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:05 am

I had some of the most frustrating times on 4U where I only wanted some help in one specific quest, and then have someone enter my lobby and immediately set up there own quest! This is mainly why I've stuck to solo-ing Guild and G-Rank quests so far

Game Geek - Film Fan - Lanky

YouTube: SupaWaluigi
Twitter

Vtheyoshi

Post by Vtheyoshi » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:01 am

H.Kazuhira wrote:We should be teaching newcomers not deter them away because of some lack of knowledge or skill.
Yeah newcomers, sure, but players should understand this kind of thing by high rank yet you still find ones who don't
Rik wrote:One thing that did annoy me thinking back was the bow guy who went to the effort of putting the monster to sleep then just as I was about to land a super amped CB finisher decided to butt in and wake it up with a normal arrow shot
Like what was the point
And then later it turned out he even had barrel bombs with him wtf man
people who don't understand the concept of sleep bombing bewilder me
SupaWaluigi wrote:I had some of the most frustrating times on 4U where I only wanted some help in one specific quest, and then have someone enter my lobby and immediately set up there own quest! This is mainly why I've stuck to solo-ing Guild and G-Rank quests so far
as much as I may be complaining about it, these people are like 5:1 or less, don't let them deter you

MAL

OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:04 am

Vtheyoshi wrote:people who don't understand the concept of sleep bombing bewilder me
I'm pretty sure the game never tells you that the waking hit does more damage.

It's only in the metagame where people learn a lot of the mechanics. If people haven't either been told or looked it up themselves I don't blame them for not knowing something.

I didn't realise you can now safely attack monsters while someone is mounting them in Generations until my friend told me, for example.

Vtheyoshi

Post by Vtheyoshi » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:51 am

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Vtheyoshi wrote:people who don't understand the concept of sleep bombing bewilder me
I'm pretty sure the game never tells you that the waking hit does more damage.
No off course I don't expect everyone to know, and while I should have clarified this, I take issue with people in high rank and beyond who don't know this kind of thing, since I believe you should have looked into that kind of thing by that point

MAL

OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:48 am

Should you though? It's not like getting to high rank is overly difficult - if anything I'd say it's probably more likely that people will learn these things once they get to high rank, when they start becoming more important.

SupaWaluigi
NNID: Koopa96
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7126-6522
Steam ID: SupaWaluigi

Post by SupaWaluigi » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:55 pm

For me , I didn't know that a sleep hit does more damage, but it was more of a case of thinking "Okay, someone is trying to put the target to sleep, this gives us all an opportunity to bomb it anyway", so I always hold back on attacks when this does occur.
Vtheyoshi wrote:
SupaWaluigi wrote:I had some of the most frustrating times on 4U where I only wanted some help in one specific quest, and then have someone enter my lobby and immediately set up there own quest! This is mainly why I've stuck to solo-ing Guild and G-Rank quests so far
as much as I may be complaining about it, these people are like 5:1 or less, don't let them deter you
It hasn't deterred me as such, since I have had some good times online, and to be honest, it can be easier for me to try and find an open lobby where players are doing similar quests which I will help out in and then suggest the ones I need to do. It's just that sometimes I get the feeling that, out of all chances, the game is out to get me in a way. That's why my hunter tagline/description in the past has been "The Unlucky Hunter" :lol:

Game Geek - Film Fan - Lanky

YouTube: SupaWaluigi
Twitter