Official Nintendo Magazine to Games Master

Come here to talk about anything to do with Nintendo, including Switch, WiiU, 3DS and mobile.
Redead Link
NNID: JimmyRolesu

Official Nintendo Magazine to Games Master

Post by Redead Link » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:23 pm

I just got the new issue of Games Master through my door yesterday and want to know what you guys think about it.

I personally quite enjoy this new mag (well you know what I mean) but of course this can't fix the burning spot in my heart of where ONM used to be. It doesn't have as much Nintendo content as I was hoping for but a rather nice welcome (on the page funnily enough called Welcome) promised that they would be upping the Nintendo coverage so... we'll see how that go's.

DekuHero
NNID: Deathbringer2206
PSN ID: Deathbringer2206
Xbox Gamertag: Ghostface2206
Steam ID: Deathbringer2206

Re: Official Nintendo Magazine to Games Master

Post by DekuHero » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:07 pm

Well when I heard that us subscribers were getting moved to another mag I was hoping for Edge but this is fine for me, especially since they said they wanted ONM readers to feel welcome by covering more Nintendo stuff.

I too will miss ONM dearly but since the mag's former staff members have been scattered around other future magazines we can at least still sort of piece together a weekly ONM issue...even if it would require subscribing to at least 3 different magazines...

barriboy

Post by barriboy » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:43 pm

Think it's better than it used to be. Saves me getting the Official Playstation mag, as it covers my WiiU, 3DS and PS4.
Will wait and see how long before it bores me.

Nintendonator3000

Post by Nintendonator3000 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:58 pm

I probably won't stick with it. The magazine is fine and I like its general layout however seeing as I only own Nintendo consoles I couldn't enjoy reading the other format and even if they do up the Nintendo content it's not enough for me.
Ever since joining the original ONM I've been a huge Nintendo fan (specifically Zelda) and am looking forward to some great discussions. I was previously known as Lego Master

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:17 pm

I cancelled my subscription as soon as I had the final issue of ONM in my hands, I've read Gamesmaster a few times and it's ok, if it had switched to Edge I would have carried it on but it didn't.

Adam
NNID: PKPikmin
3DS Friend Code: 0259-0307-5153
Steam ID: Adammit

Post by Adam » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:31 pm

Getting a few copies of it until my subscription runs out. I've had it before and it's okay but not worth renewing my subscription for. To be honest, I don't think there's any magazine that Future could switch me over to in order for me to renew it.

Except maybe NGamer. Goodnight sweet prince

Weejus

Post by Weejus » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:47 pm

It's alright but I hope the Nintendo content increases. I'm not interested in the Xbox One stuff and only mildly interested in the PS4 stuff.
(Formerly Marioman5000 on ONM)

Bix
NNID: Wiitabix
3DS Friend Code: 5429-6832-2984
PSN ID: Deadspace-Maniac
Steam ID: Deadspacemaniac

Post by Bix » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:10 am

I'm okay with this issue, more so probably with the fact that I now own a PS3. I'm not interested in a PS4 yet but its nice to see whats coming for it to some extent. Nice to see they scored Sunset Overdrive as an average/okay game :mrgreen:

Not enough Nintendo for me to continue with it long term. There is most certainly room for a small fan-owned Nintendo magazine. (fingers crossed somebody, somewhere is making one)
Wishing my SONM friends a very happy & successful Q3 in gaming
TIME !

bigcalwv
NNID: bigcal1988

Post by bigcalwv » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:58 am

Sucks that ONM is done now. I only just got back into the magazine in May when I got my Wii U, and now a few months later it's already over :(. It was nice to read a dedicated Nintendo magazine, as I don't own a PS4 or Xbone nor do I intend on getting one of them any time soon, so most magazines are utterly useless for me. Guess it's back to reading everything on the internet :P.

danbish
NNID: TheFatPlumber
3DS Friend Code: 0920-1615-5762
Xbox Gamertag: Emerald Eagle
Steam ID: TheFatPlumber

Post by danbish » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:18 pm

Shortly after I got 'that' letter I bought the then current issue of GamesMaster and cancelled my subscription a few days later. I don't want a multi format mag, I want a dedicated Nintendo mag. Occasionally I buy a multi format one, usually Games TM, but that's a once in a blue moon purchase. Like Bix, I personally hope someone, somewhere is making a new Nintendo mag or at least attempting to thrash out some kind of a deal for one.

row101
NNID: row101
3DS Friend Code: Hello world.
PSN ID: Why are you reading?
Xbox Gamertag: Why am I typing?
Steam ID: Why are we alive?

Post by row101 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:51 pm

For those wanting a new Nintendo Mag, there's a couple in America, namely Nintendo Force and Pure Nintendo. If you're OK with it catering slightly to an American audience then you should check those out. They're both available bi-monthly, with fairly cheap digital subscriptions and Nintendo Force also has physical subscriptions with delivery to the UK. It's also worth noting that Nintendo Force tweeted that they're aiming to welcome ONM readers with open arms.
Thank you.

Bix
NNID: Wiitabix
3DS Friend Code: 5429-6832-2984
PSN ID: Deadspace-Maniac
Steam ID: Deadspacemaniac

Post by Bix » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:50 am

Thanks row .. I'll check that Nintendo Force out while I wait to see if something UK based establishes itself.
Wishing my SONM friends a very happy & successful Q3 in gaming
TIME !