Luigi's Mansion 2 - The Arcade Game!

Come here to talk about anything to do with Nintendo, including Switch, WiiU, 3DS and mobile.
danbish
NNID: TheFatPlumber
3DS Friend Code: 0920-1615-5762
Xbox Gamertag: Emerald Eagle
Steam ID: TheFatPlumber

Luigi's Mansion 2 - The Arcade Game!

Post by danbish » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:36 pm

So I've just browsed over to CVG to look at some multiformat stuff and seen this on their front page!

It's not a Nintendo developed game but its instead made by Capcom. What could it entail and how could Luigi's Mansion be turned into a coin-op? I'm not sure myself but I'd really like the chance to find out!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/48 ... -in-japan/

fronkhead

Re: Luigi's Mansion 2 - The Arcade Game!

Post by fronkhead » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:25 pm

Should be interesting to see how Luigi's Mansion 2 has been adapted for the arcade. I'm guessing Next Level had minimal involvement in this. Will be pleasantly surprised otherwise, though.

swarf
NNID: liam23

Post by swarf » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:31 pm

danbish wrote:So I've just browsed over to CVG to look at some multiformat stuff and seen this on their front page!

It's not a Nintendo developed game but its instead made by Capcom. What could it entail and how could Luigi's Mansion be turned into a coin-op? I'm not sure myself but I'd really like the chance to find out!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/48 ... -in-japan/

If only this was in the UK :(
Currently Mainly Playing:
Switch: FIFA 18 and Rocket League

Adam
NNID: PKPikmin
3DS Friend Code: 0259-0307-5153
Steam ID: Adammit

Post by Adam » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:33 pm

Interested to see how Luigi's Mansion would work as an arcade game because to me it doesn't seem like something that would transfer over to a coin-operated game. We'll see I guess.

fronkhead

Post by fronkhead » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:05 pm

Adam wrote:Interested to see how Luigi's Mansion would work as an arcade game because to me it doesn't seem like something that would transfer over to a coin-operated game. We'll see I guess.
Aye. Perhaps it's more like the thrill tower stages. Which, admittedly, I never got round to trying.

Still, I really hope Capcom haven't messed up. Seeing Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 at an arcade a few months ago actually made me cringe: Namco made so many schoolboy errors with it. It was so far removed from Mario Kart, depressingly so in fact.

One day I'll try Sega's adaptation of Rhythm Tengoku at the arcades.

Adam
NNID: PKPikmin
3DS Friend Code: 0259-0307-5153
Steam ID: Adammit

Post by Adam » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:23 pm

fronkhead wrote:One day I'll try Sega's adaptation of Rhythm Tengoku at the arcades.
There's an arcade version of that?

There's a pretty big Mario Kart arcade machine at my local bowling alley. It's alright I guess.

Redead Link
NNID: JimmyRolesu

Post by Redead Link » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:30 am

There's a Mario Kart GP DX arcade(s) in my bowling alley too and that game turned out to be extremely fun, so I can see this turning out great.

danbish
NNID: TheFatPlumber
3DS Friend Code: 0920-1615-5762
Xbox Gamertag: Emerald Eagle
Steam ID: TheFatPlumber

Post by danbish » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:25 pm

swarf wrote:If only this was in the UK :(
I know how you feel, the Japanese get all the good stuff!

I'd love to give it a go and like you all I am wondering how they've transferred LM into a coin-op.
fronkhead wrote:Still, I really hope Capcom haven't messed up. Seeing Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 at an arcade a few months ago actually made me cringe: Namco made so many schoolboy errors with it. It was so far removed from Mario Kart, depressingly so in fact.
I did try the first Mario Kart GP arcade game and I did think it was pretty decent. What I hated about it though was it cost £1 per track so the first go was the only go I ever had. That memory also put me way off trying Mario Kart GP 2.