New 3DS And New 3DS XL

Come here to talk about anything to do with Nintendo, including Switch, WiiU, 3DS and mobile.
User avatar
H.Kazuhira
Posts: 1788
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:11 pm
NNID: H.Kazuhira
Contact:

Re: New 3DS vs New 3DS XL

Post by H.Kazuhira » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:20 pm

Chocolate-Milk wrote:
H.Kazuhira wrote:Is it possible to transfer data from an 8gb SD to a 16gb Micro SD or do they have to be the same size?
Anything greater or equal to the original is fine (apart from SDXC, but that's irrelevant), just copy the 3DS folder over and you're golden.
Sweet, thanks CM. *runs off to order a 16gb one from Amazon*
I am the reason, the answer and the problem.
Twitter

User avatar
swarf
Posts: 1032
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:18 pm
NNID: liam23

Re: New 3DS vs New 3DS XL

Post by swarf » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:33 pm

Rik wrote:The battery's meant to last somewhere between half an hour and two hours (i think) longer depending on how much work it's doing iirc

Half an hour and two hours? Sheesh.
Currently Mainly Playing:
Switch: FIFA 18 and Rocket League

User avatar
Wiimote
Posts: 848
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:36 pm
NNID: ToadLucy
3DS Friend Code: 451105775238

Re: New 3DS vs New 3DS XL

Post by Wiimote » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:11 am

swarf wrote:
Rik wrote:The battery's meant to last somewhere between half an hour and two hours (i think) longer depending on how much work it's doing iirc

Half an hour and two hours? Sheesh.
I got told that it was half hour to an hour longer. My old original 3DS I got 3 hours out of it & my new 3DS I get 4 hours out of it which I'm happy with.
Check out my Super Mario Maker levels https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintend ... e/ToadLucy

New 3DS fc: 4511-0577-5238
NNID: ToadLucy

3DS XL fc: 5343-8571-2369
NNID: Toadsie

Thank you Evil Ted for my awesome avatar

User avatar
OrangeRakoon
Posts: 5993
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:08 pm
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon
Contact:

Re: New 3DS vs New 3DS XL

Post by OrangeRakoon » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:15 am

It's going to be hard getting used to the 3DS battery life when I am used to leaving my Vita on sleep in the middle of a game for a week, coming back to it and still having hours of playtime.

Chocolate-Milk
Posts: 3484
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:27 pm
NNID: mcdain123
3DS Friend Code: 2148-9345-8376
PSN ID: mcdain123
Steam ID: mcdain123

Re: New 3DS vs New 3DS XL

Post by Chocolate-Milk » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:19 pm

It really is weird how long the Vita's battery lasts in sleep mode.

Shame about when it's on, though...
das a peepo

User avatar
RichardUK
Posts: 6345
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:33 pm
NNID: RichardBatesUK
3DS Friend Code: 1177-9740-4606
PSN ID: RichardBatesUK
Xbox Gamertag: RichardBatesUK
Contact:

Re: New 3DS vs New 3DS XL

Post by RichardUK » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:51 am

im sure Nintendo will release a bigger capacity battery soon like they did with the game pad
Image
Image
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'

barriboy
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:38 pm

Re: New 3DS vs New 3DS XL

Post by barriboy » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:22 pm

Got me new blue XL today, fitted a 16gb card and now ready to go after update and transfer, feels slightly lighter than the old XL and the new buttons feel easy to find, just can't wait to find some new use for them and the new c stick when Xenoblade comes out.

User avatar
Wiimote
Posts: 848
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:36 pm
NNID: ToadLucy
3DS Friend Code: 451105775238

Re: New 3DS vs New 3DS XL

Post by Wiimote » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:41 am

I've came across a small problem with my new 3DS. Looks like the circle pad is touching the top while it's closed. When I opened it to play I saw a quarter of a circle mark by the volume slider :/ I thought the screens wouldn't touch this time round. Managed to rub the mark out on the white plastic but I need to save the top screen from getting scratched by the raised part of the bottom screen. Any ideas how to stop it until my screen protectors come?
Check out my Super Mario Maker levels https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintend ... e/ToadLucy

New 3DS fc: 4511-0577-5238
NNID: ToadLucy

3DS XL fc: 5343-8571-2369
NNID: Toadsie

Thank you Evil Ted for my awesome avatar

User avatar
RichardUK
Posts: 6345
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:33 pm
NNID: RichardBatesUK
3DS Friend Code: 1177-9740-4606
PSN ID: RichardBatesUK
Xbox Gamertag: RichardBatesUK
Contact:

Re: New 3DS vs New 3DS XL

Post by RichardUK » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:43 am

if you wanted to be really careful you could put one of the blue cloths you get with lcd/plasma tvs in there, ive not noticed this problem yet but i dont take mine out and its never been in my pocket, have you ? if so it may be the pressure placed on it by your pocket ?, you can see the two supports are only in the middle so either side of the top screen you can press down slightly when closed which i assume over long periods would cause damage
Image
Image
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'

User avatar
Wiimote
Posts: 848
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:36 pm
NNID: ToadLucy
3DS Friend Code: 451105775238

Re: New 3DS vs New 3DS XL

Post by Wiimote » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:22 pm

RichardUK wrote:if you wanted to be really careful you could put one of the blue cloths you get with lcd/plasma tvs in there, ive not noticed this problem yet but i dont take mine out and its never been in my pocket, have you ? if so it may be the pressure placed on it by your pocket ?, you can see the two supports are only in the middle so either side of the top screen you can press down slightly when closed which i assume over long periods would cause damage
I take my new 3DS out with me pretty much everywhere so it could be pressure from the pocket :/ not good coz I thought this problem was solved. Never got this with my XL.
Check out my Super Mario Maker levels https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintend ... e/ToadLucy

New 3DS fc: 4511-0577-5238
NNID: ToadLucy

3DS XL fc: 5343-8571-2369
NNID: Toadsie

Thank you Evil Ted for my awesome avatar

User avatar
RichardUK
Posts: 6345
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:33 pm
NNID: RichardBatesUK
3DS Friend Code: 1177-9740-4606
PSN ID: RichardBatesUK
Xbox Gamertag: RichardBatesUK
Contact:

Re: New 3DS vs New 3DS XL

Post by RichardUK » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:26 pm

you could try the blue cloth thing, i used to do it with my old 3ds as i hated the marks you used to get on the top screen, or you could buy a hard case ?
Image
Image
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'

User avatar
Wiimote
Posts: 848
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:36 pm
NNID: ToadLucy
3DS Friend Code: 451105775238

Re: New 3DS vs New 3DS XL

Post by Wiimote » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:06 pm

RichardUK wrote:you could try the blue cloth thing, i used to do it with my old 3ds as i hated the marks you used to get on the top screen, or you could buy a hard case ?
I don't have any blue clothes. I did find a silver thing that my old 3DS had in between the screens & I'm using that at the moment but will be annoying when I open it in public & have to move the silver thing every time.
Check out my Super Mario Maker levels https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintend ... e/ToadLucy

New 3DS fc: 4511-0577-5238
NNID: ToadLucy

3DS XL fc: 5343-8571-2369
NNID: Toadsie

Thank you Evil Ted for my awesome avatar

User avatar
RichardUK
Posts: 6345
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:33 pm
NNID: RichardBatesUK
3DS Friend Code: 1177-9740-4606
PSN ID: RichardBatesUK
Xbox Gamertag: RichardBatesUK
Contact:

Re: New 3DS vs New 3DS XL

Post by RichardUK » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:54 pm

this is a bit random and didnt know where to post it but has anyone else notice on miiverse in your profile under systems owned it now says "System in the Nintendo 3DS Family

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/RichardBatesUK
Image
Image
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'

User avatar
RichardUK
Posts: 6345
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:33 pm
NNID: RichardBatesUK
3DS Friend Code: 1177-9740-4606
PSN ID: RichardBatesUK
Xbox Gamertag: RichardBatesUK
Contact:

Re: New 3DS vs New 3DS XL

Post by RichardUK » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:52 am

sorry for the double post but i didn't want to make a new topic and didn't know where to ask this

Has anyone seen any expandable new 3ds stylus's for sale ? im finding the one with the console ok but for games where i need to be quick a precise its to small, when at home ive been using the wii u gamepad one which is perfect, just wish if would fit in the console
Image
Image
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'

User avatar
OrangeRakoon
Posts: 5993
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:08 pm
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon
Contact:

Re: New 3DS vs New 3DS XL

Post by OrangeRakoon » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:30 pm

Wiimote wrote:I've came across a small problem with my new 3DS. Looks like the circle pad is touching the top while it's closed. When I opened it to play I saw a quarter of a circle mark by the volume slider :/ I thought the screens wouldn't touch this time round. Managed to rub the mark out on the white plastic but I need to save the top screen from getting scratched by the raised part of the bottom screen. Any ideas how to stop it until my screen protectors come?
From what I can tell it's only the circle pad that touches the top half - the screens don't touch as those little feet either side of the camera keep them separated.

User avatar
Wiimote
Posts: 848
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:36 pm
NNID: ToadLucy
3DS Friend Code: 451105775238

Re: New 3DS vs New 3DS XL

Post by Wiimote » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:21 pm

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Wiimote wrote:I've came across a small problem with my new 3DS. Looks like the circle pad is touching the top while it's closed. When I opened it to play I saw a quarter of a circle mark by the volume slider :/ I thought the screens wouldn't touch this time round. Managed to rub the mark out on the white plastic but I need to save the top screen from getting scratched by the raised part of the bottom screen. Any ideas how to stop it until my screen protectors come?
From what I can tell it's only the circle pad that touches the top half - the screens don't touch as those little feet either side of the camera keep them separated.
Yeah I've realised this as I closed my 3DS then looked through the middle & the screens don't touch. The circle pad is making a mark where it's touching. I can rub the mark away but dunno how to stop it doing it.
RichardUK wrote:sorry for the double post but i didn't want to make a new topic and didn't know where to ask this

Has anyone seen any expandable new 3ds stylus's for sale ? im finding the one with the console ok but for games where i need to be quick a precise its to small, when at home ive been using the wii u gamepad one which is perfect, just wish if would fit in the console
Sorry haven't seen any.
Check out my Super Mario Maker levels https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintend ... e/ToadLucy

New 3DS fc: 4511-0577-5238
NNID: ToadLucy

3DS XL fc: 5343-8571-2369
NNID: Toadsie

Thank you Evil Ted for my awesome avatar

User avatar
RichardUK
Posts: 6345
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:33 pm
NNID: RichardBatesUK
3DS Friend Code: 1177-9740-4606
PSN ID: RichardBatesUK
Xbox Gamertag: RichardBatesUK
Contact:

Re: New 3DS vs New 3DS XL

Post by RichardUK » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:35 am

im sure Nintendo will bring one out soon, they did for the old ds and 3ds, ill just keep looking
Image
Image
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'

User avatar
Majin_Nephets
Posts: 1098
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:41 pm
NNID: Majin_Nephets
3DS Friend Code: 2105-8667-3978

Re: New 3DS vs New 3DS XL

Post by Majin_Nephets » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:10 pm

Finally got an email saying my Majora's Mask New XL hs been dispatched. I was wondering when it would happen since the Nintendo Store said the second wave would be delivered by the 31st March.
PM me if you decide to add me on 3DS or Wii U

User avatar
LostNoob
Posts: 644
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:20 pm
NNID: LostNoob
3DS Friend Code: 4313-1610-8457
PSN ID: thatlostnoob94
Xbox Gamertag: NlinjaNidoking
Steam ID: thatlostnoob94

Re: New 3DS vs New 3DS XL

Post by LostNoob » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:52 pm

I got the normal one because the faceplates look like fun to collect, its alright.
Going from a 3DS XL, its hard to get used to the smaller screen size, but still, faceplates, and I can actually fit the damn thing in my pocket.

User avatar
RichardUK
Posts: 6345
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:33 pm
NNID: RichardBatesUK
3DS Friend Code: 1177-9740-4606
PSN ID: RichardBatesUK
Xbox Gamertag: RichardBatesUK
Contact:

Re: New 3DS vs New 3DS XL

Post by RichardUK » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:34 am

one of my major concerns and a reason i didnt get a XL was it being "smudgy" when i had a black wii u it used to drive me crazy cleaning it all the time but now i have a white one its great, also the white new 3ds always looks clean, very happy with both
Image
Image
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'

User avatar
RichardUK
Posts: 6345
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:33 pm
NNID: RichardBatesUK
3DS Friend Code: 1177-9740-4606
PSN ID: RichardBatesUK
Xbox Gamertag: RichardBatesUK
Contact:

Re: New 3DS And New 3DS XL

Post by RichardUK » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:19 pm

just seen a advert for the first time for the new 3ds on tv (itv)
Image
Image
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'

User avatar
Wiimote
Posts: 848
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:36 pm
NNID: ToadLucy
3DS Friend Code: 451105775238

Re: New 3DS And New 3DS XL

Post by Wiimote » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:23 pm

RichardUK wrote:just seen a advert for the first time for the new 3ds on tv (itv)
I've also seen it a few times now :D
Check out my Super Mario Maker levels https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintend ... e/ToadLucy

New 3DS fc: 4511-0577-5238
NNID: ToadLucy

3DS XL fc: 5343-8571-2369
NNID: Toadsie

Thank you Evil Ted for my awesome avatar

User avatar
swarf
Posts: 1032
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:18 pm
NNID: liam23

Re: New 3DS And New 3DS XL

Post by swarf » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:55 pm

Wiimote wrote:
RichardUK wrote:just seen a advert for the first time for the new 3ds on tv (itv)
I've also seen it a few times now :D

Same! Good old Saturday Night Takeaway!
Currently Mainly Playing:
Switch: FIFA 18 and Rocket League

User avatar
Sabrofra
Posts: 2191
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:22 pm
NNID: GameBoySam
3DS Friend Code: 2406-5595-5668
Steam ID: Sabrofra

Re: New 3DS And New 3DS XL

Post by Sabrofra » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:48 am

I'm contemplating whether to purchase a N3DS from France or buy a UK one. Purchasing one in France means I save £20-£30, so I can purchase Xenoblade alongside it. I know they're both PAL but I just want to double check, can you change the language settings from French to English?

toffeeman30
Posts: 711
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:11 am

Re: New 3DS And New 3DS XL

Post by toffeeman30 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:45 pm

3ds os version now available to download

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests