Nintendo Switch - Out now!

Come here to talk about anything to do with Nintendo, including Switch, WiiU, 3DS and mobile.

Neon or Grey?

Neon
40%
Grey
60%

Total votes: 25

ZeroJones
NNID: Ballyzero

Re: Nintendo Switch - Out now!

Post by ZeroJones » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:29 am

That had to be how things would go - although I find myself glad that it's officially confirmed. No matter how big the Switch is now, the arrival of a main Pokémon game on the system will make it go stratospheric. I'm very much looking forward to that. :mrgreen:

DarkRula
NNID: DarkRula
Xbox Gamertag: DarkRula
Steam ID: DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:00 pm

I've seen a few comments about this news stating that Pokémon games are now officially dead, even though I bet they were the same ones begrudging the fact that the 3DS gets Ultra Sun/Moon when they so wanted Dusk or whatever the name was on the Switch - while also failing to note that a Switch game was confirmed AT THE SAME TIME.

Besides, what does this news change? It was already true as soon as it was stated a core Pokémon game was coming on Switch. Why all the fuss now?

H.Kazuhira
NNID: H.Kazuhira

Post by H.Kazuhira » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:20 pm

So you can you use GC controllers with the new update now which is pretty neat. Need to see how it plays with ARMS >,>
I am the reason, the answer and the problem.
Twitter

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:55 pm

As long as you don't need L I believe everything should map to be like a pro controller

I really need to get me an adaptor now

DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:02 pm

GameXplain have a half hour video just showing off how the Gamecube controller works with a variety of games.
Unfortunately, since I play mostly handheld, I can't use my favourite controller on the Switch. Gamecube-styled Switch Pro Controller when, Hori?

Fisher
NNID: fisher87
3DS Friend Code: 1263-9353-5749

Post by Fisher » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:49 pm

do you think the switch actually the 3DS successor and i think also nintendo may not make another handheld like the 3ds?
come to my world and i will project you from bad souls and I'm the ninja pirate master.

New 3DS XL FC is 1263-9353-5749 If you add me then please PM me

DarkRula

Post by DarkRula » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:15 pm

Dunno how long it's been since it was first made like it, but the first five hours for game times on profiles now display as singular hours instead of for a while until 5.

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:35 pm

So I finally got around to setting up my dock the other day, thought Doom would probably be a bit better to play on my TV rather than my Switch (although saying that it plays really well in handheld mode as well if anyone was wondering), it's really good actually. The campaign is pretty good, will definitely give it a second run so I can get all of the secrets and collectibles, I've just been enjoying myself first time though. I partly set my dock up for when Skyrim arrives next Friday as well, while I'll give it a go in handheld mode I think playing it on the TV will be the preferable option out of the two, while its been out 6 years (to the day in fact!) it still keeps me coming back like few other games do. I'm really impressed with how nice the Joy Cons feel when in the Joy Con grip as well, is the pro controller really worth the extra £60?

Will have to give Mario Odyssey a go in docked mode as I think it's meant to be quite a bit nicer visually when docked. Obviously Zelda will look better as well.

Still slightly paranoid that keeping it docked a lot will not do the battery much good in the long run....... I'll just make sure to keep playing in handheld mode as well :)

Fisher

Post by Fisher » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:49 pm

getting Mario Odyssey for christmas also get xenoblade 2 next year.
come to my world and i will project you from bad souls and I'm the ninja pirate master.

Nintendonator3000

Post by Nintendonator3000 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:40 am

Incoming rant because as much as I love my Switch, I'm getting bread and buttered off with the Joycon.

I still don't understand how Joycon charging is supposed to work as it seems to change randomly. Sometimes they'll last 20 hours, sometimes seemingly 3 hours. They never seem to charge at the same rate, and playing handheld seems to mess it up most. I charged the switch with Joycon attached for about 5 hours the other day, played once docked for an hour or so, then played in handheld for about 30 minutes. I next turn it on docked, right Joycon has full charge, left one is low battery. HOW?!?!
It's not enough of a common problem that I could really say they're faulty, especially as there is no pattern at all to say something specific isn't working. Anyone else had anything like this? Is there something I could be doing to cause it? It also doesn't help there's no percentage for Joycon charge.
Ever since joining the original ONM I've been a huge Nintendo fan (specifically Zelda) and am looking forward to some great discussions. I was previously known as Lego Master

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:58 pm

Can't really say, not experienced it myself but until last Thursday my dock was still in its box, only got it setup so I could play the likes of Doom and Skyrim on my TV. Will keep a lookout for it, although I'm still going to be plenty in hand held so it may not even affect me.

Nintendonator3000

Post by Nintendonator3000 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:29 pm

It's not incredibly common, I think it's only occurred when I go to handheld and back to dock, and even then it's not every time.
Ever since joining the original ONM I've been a huge Nintendo fan (specifically Zelda) and am looking forward to some great discussions. I was previously known as Lego Master

Ploiper
NNID: ploiper
PSN ID: ploiper

Post by Ploiper » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:45 pm

my left joycon would seem to go down in charge faster than the right one, not used them for months though so not sure how much fast it depletes.
EAT DIRT VILE SIG OF DOOM, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

imbusydoctorwho
NNID: Da-Banker
3DS Friend Code: 3067-6402-2163
PSN ID: CrosswordMan

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:57 pm

Yeah sometimes I feel like my joy cons battery length are inconsistent, thats why I want to get a Pro controller.

Also Ace Attorney and several unknown Capcom games are coming next year.
My Youtube Account PlaytendoGuy
Latest Reviews: Dishonored Death of the Outsider Uncharted Lost Legacy Yakuza Kiwami
PSN: Crossword Man
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

shy guy 64
NNID: digitaltriforce

Post by shy guy 64 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:49 pm

imbusydoctorwho wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:57 pm
Also Ace Attorney and several unknown Capcom games are coming next year.
ace attorney you say? must check this out

EDIT: ok checked it out seems they're planning three AA games compaltions of the first three the second three and supposedly a new one
I'm bad and that's good. I will never be good and thats not bad. theres no one id rather be than me

Fisher

Post by Fisher » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:49 pm

ace attorney games awesome and i must check this out too.