Metroid Prime Federation Force: OUT NOW!

Come here to talk about anything to do with Nintendo, including Switch, WiiU, 3DS and mobile.
SupaWaluigi
NNID: Koopa96
3DS Friend Code: 2234-7126-6522
Steam ID: SupaWaluigi

Re: Metroid Prime Federation Force: An Experiment?

Post by SupaWaluigi » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:41 am

I saw that video earlier in the week! Very very funny indeed!

I'm just wandering, does anyone know at what point Next Level Games released this concept art:

I remember seeing this a couple months after Luigi's Mansion 2 was released, but I'm not entirely sure. It just might provide a time scale in which a new Metroid game (or most likely Federation Force) was being developed or thought about

Game Geek - Film Fan - Lanky

YouTube: SupaWaluigi
Twitter

Bix
NNID: Wiitabix
3DS Friend Code: 5429-6832-2984
PSN ID: Deadspace-Maniac
Steam ID: Deadspacemaniac

Post by Bix » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:42 am

I thought it was for one of those 'Project' games that were talked about e3 2014. I should have figured a yellow and orange suit with a blue visor automatically means Metroid :roll:
Last edited by Bix on Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wishing my SONM friends a very happy & successful Q3 in gaming
TIME !

Blaxel411
NNID: Black-wolf209
3DS Friend Code: 4811-7239-6713
Xbox Gamertag: Not on my life

Post by Blaxel411 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:51 pm

Gonna use Kingdom Hearts as an example again.
You know how many years it's been since KH2? 10. 10 years people. And several times during those years, KH fans have sat on the edge of their seats, waiting for 3 to be announced, only to be met with another portable title. 4 of them to be exact. And like metroid fans, they were probably angry, they cried out for 3 to be revealed, but they also judged the portable titles according to their own merit. KH3D and Birth by sleep were amazing games. 358/2 days was comparable to Federation force, as the graphics were a lot less than what the KH fanbase had come to expect, and there was a pretty big mission based multiplayer aspect. But that game is still amazing, and did things for the KH storyline that the fans never expected.
So when metroid fans haven't had a game in 5 years, and start liverpool tart about a portable title (which clearly has a story aspect the developers are going for), I'm not inclined to sympathise with them. Majority will probably buy the game anyway, and hopefully they'll not only enjoy it, but find that it has some important information that concerns the main series. If that happens, I will relish the sound of a million tongues being bitten at once.

And I still don't get the hate on Other M. Did people not consider that maybe having your parent's murderer continuously revived every time you beat him would eventually start to wear down your confidence? And the whole "samus needs permission to use her weapons" thing makes perfect sense. Of course the federation wouldn't want a dangerous bounty hunter gooseberry fool about with all her weapons. They would want to restrict them to keep them under control. And people talk like Samus isn't allowed to have some emotional turmoil. Sure maybe the devs overdid it, but she can't be expected to be a stoic angry character all the time.
I think we can all agree that i`m a great asset to the human race.

masa
NNID: nonoriri.k
3DS Friend Code: 1908-1215-2187
PSN ID: Cervanres
Xbox Gamertag: nonoriri k
Steam ID: masakisu

Post by masa » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:20 pm

Why does everything come back to kingdom hearts with you blaxel

Blaxel411
NNID: Black-wolf209
3DS Friend Code: 4811-7239-6713
Xbox Gamertag: Not on my life

Post by Blaxel411 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:17 am

masa wrote:Why does everything come back to kingdom hearts with you blaxel
Because Kingdom hearts is very applicable in certain situations. And also, KINGDOM HEARTS IS LIFE.
I think we can all agree that i`m a great asset to the human race.

Zanreo

Post by Zanreo » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:47 am

I can't say I'm that happy about it (plus I don't really like sports games aside from Punch-out) but I guess it's better to see this than nothing. At least it shows us they haven't forgotten about the franchise, and I fully expect there to be at least news about a new "proper" Metroid in some years even if it probably won't be on the Wii U. (I won't say I'm a huge Metroid fan, but played Super Metroid and Fusion and liked them. Downloaded Prime trilogy but never tried them because lack of disk space, plus FPS is generally not my thing... Plus, Samus is a pretty cool character, I like her) Maybe people would have liked it more if it wasn't called Metroid - I knew I was more positive towards it when it was still just known as "Blast Ball". Also, it's kinda weird to have a Metroid game without Samus.

I also notice how a lot of people are saying they want a new "Metroid Prime" instead of just "Metroid". Sure, this game is called Prime, but for the next Metroid I'd really like to see something that's not Prime. Another 2D adventure would be cool. Though, I'm happy as long as it's not Other M 2...

As for the art style... eh, I don't really mind it. It's cute.
Image My webcomic, check it out

mav

Post by mav » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:53 am

I get the feeling this game has been entered into the Metroid universe to expand it.

If so it can only be a good thing!
Nintendo ID: Mav-i-am

Can usually be found playing, Mario Maker, MK8, MH3U, Splatoon.

SupaWaluigi

Post by SupaWaluigi » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:15 am

Bit of a bump since now we have a little more information.

I'm actually a little more interested now that they talked about it in the Direct

Twitter

samus_killer
NNID: samus_killer
PSN ID: samus_killer
Xbox Gamertag: SamusKiller

Post by samus_killer » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:47 am

Yeah, I'm definitely getting it. Looks fun.

My only worry is if it's this year's Triforce Heroes, whereby it's a fun co-op game with friends, but completely worthless when playing alone. Which, FYI, is what Metroid has always been about.

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:55 am

I thought it looked really good in the Direct - I actually really like the art direction.

jimbob555

Post by jimbob555 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:05 am

Looks pretty fun. I think my only gripe now is that it offers four player co-op shooty fun when there's already a lot of PC games that offer this and I'm content with. It needs something really killer to sell it to me.

Ape
NNID: GenericAperson
3DS Friend Code: 133281054437
PSN ID: GSAperson

Post by Ape » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:03 pm

The perspective doesn't really look too different to how Prime Hunters was, but even if isn't a proper Metroid title where you're playing as Samus, it's nice that the Fed troopers' armour is supposed to be experiments to match the technology in Samus' Power Suit.

Looks like this game takes place sometime after Metroid Prime 3 given that it mentions in the Story trailer how the battle against Phazon was over.

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:35 pm

jimbob555 wrote:Looks pretty fun. I think my only gripe now is that it offers four player co-op shooty fun when there's already a lot of PC games that offer this and I'm content with. It needs something really killer to sell it to me.
Blast Ball

samus_killer
NNID: samus_killer
PSN ID: samus_killer
Xbox Gamertag: SamusKiller

Post by samus_killer » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:48 pm

It's basically Nintendo's answer to Rocket League.

imbusydoctorwho
NNID: Da-Banker
3DS Friend Code: 3067-6402-2163
PSN ID: CrosswordMan

Post by imbusydoctorwho » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:59 pm

While I'm still not entirely won over by the game, it certainly looks better than it did at E3.
My Youtube Account PlaytendoGuy
Latest Reviews: Dishonored Death of the Outsider Uncharted Lost Legacy Yakuza Kiwami
PSN: Crossword Man
Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

Robbo-92
NNID: Robbo-92
3DS Friend Code: 1375-7189-0500

Post by Robbo-92 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:55 pm

It does look an OK game, I think the use of Metroid Prime in its title is doing far more harm than good though, why not just call it Galactic Federation Force? Still have it set in the Metroid universe so the story of the Federation vs the Space Pirates can be used (which could actually be a pretty good base for a story) but just drop the Metroid Prime name.

I'll certainly keep an eye on it, see how it reviews etc and if it doesn't focus on multiplayer too much I might give it a go if I can find it a little cheaper than £30, if it focuses on multiplayer then it'll probably be a no for me.

Fisher
NNID: fisher87
3DS Friend Code: 1263-9353-5749

Post by Fisher » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:53 pm

I won't be getting it not entirely won over by the game also it's probably get bad reviews.
come to my world and i will project you from bad souls and I'm the ninja pirate master.

New 3DS XL FC is 1263-9353-5749 If you add me then please PM me

jimbob555

Post by jimbob555 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:50 pm

OrangeRakoon wrote:
jimbob555 wrote:Looks pretty fun. I think my only gripe now is that it offers four player co-op shooty fun when there's already a lot of PC games that offer this and I'm content with. It needs something really killer to sell it to me.
Blast Ball
Blast Ball does look like fun, but rocket league is helped by the fact its very very easily accessible by being on multiple systems and cheaply bought into. Not that I want to knock the game really. I want to see it be a big success.

swarf
NNID: liam23

Post by swarf » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:52 pm

Looks surprisingly good :mrgreen:
Currently Mainly Playing:
Switch: FIFA 18 and Rocket League

Fieryice

Post by Fieryice » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:01 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:It does look an OK game, I think the use of Metroid Prime in its title is doing far more harm than good though, why not just call it Galactic Federation Force? Still have it set in the Metroid universe so the story of the Federation vs the Space Pirates can be used (which could actually be a pretty good base for a story) but just drop the Metroid Prime name.

I'll certainly keep an eye on it, see how it reviews etc and if it doesn't focus on multiplayer too much I might give it a go if I can find it a little cheaper than £30, if it focuses on multiplayer then it'll probably be a no for me.
Brand recognition. People are more likely to notice it if it has the word "Metroid" on the front of the box. "Galactic Federation Force" on it's own is quite generic, and would likely be overlooked.

That said the outcry against the game has probably given it much more publicity than it otherwise would've gotten, and it will probably sell better because of it.
Now with more F in my name. Not as dirty as it sounds.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:37 pm

I understand where you are coming from but for some of the more vocal people who even called for Metroid Prime Federation Force to be cancelled the game could have damaged the brand for them (although probably not forever) as to those people it seem like Nintendo simply don't know which direction to take the Metroid franchise in anymore.

Saying that as soon as a game like Metroid Prime 4 is announced all will be forgiven/forgot anyway.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:39 pm

Just thought I'd bump this as its been given a release date of September 2nd in Europe.

SupaWaluigi

Post by SupaWaluigi » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:09 pm

That's cool, I'm still rather interested in getting this. But I don't think any amount of good reviews (if there will be any) will change anyone's opinion about it, sadly.

Twitter

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:37 pm

I'm still more interested in how it plays in single player, all the footage I've seen so far has been in co-op mode. I'm pretty sure it can be played in single player but will it be a worse game played in single player? To me it still looks ok, nothing amazing though (which won't surprise anyone).

Ape
NNID: GenericAperson
3DS Friend Code: 133281054437
PSN ID: GSAperson

Post by Ape » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:18 am

Youtube user Somecallmejohnny has recently played the game at PAX East. Here's his thoughts.

https://youtu.be/qMfVN3L6No8