SUCBT - Qrow Branwen VS Frank Martin | Round 1, Fight 4

Anything else you'd like to talk about? Post here.
>> How Do You Feel Right Now
Scapegoat
PSN ID: UploadedNetwork

SUCBT - Qrow Branwen VS Frank Martin | Round 1, Fight 4

Post by Scapegoat » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:58 pm

Hey everyone, and welcome to a new thing I decided to try out. Inspired by Bix's sword thread as well as things such as Death Battle and /r/whowouldwin, I've decided to start up a character battle tournament. What the hell is a character battle tournament? It's relatively simple, so I've written an explanation here.
What the hell is this then?
The premise is as follows. For absolutely no reason, fictional characters from all over the fictional world are taking part in a battle tournament. Every single one of them is aiming for the top spot, and the rights to be called the strongest character in existence.

The tournament will take place over the course of a period of months. The exact time period has yet to be determined and will be based on how many nominations I get. Each week, characters will pair up and fight each other. I'll be giving a breakdown of each characters strengths and weaknesses, special skills of note and personality, and you guys will get to discuss who you think would win in a fight. You'll be able to vote in a poll as well for which character you'd wager on. Next, I'll be using my own judgement to take on board everything you've said, as well as each characters strengths and weaknesses, in order to determine a winner. The character that wins the poll will receive an extra boost as the fan favourite, but might not be guaranteed a win. Once I determine a winner, that character will receive points on a leaderboard.

This will go on for a few weeks until the leaderboard has balanced itself out a little. At the end of every month, the 2 characters at the bottom of the leaderboard will fight each other, however, this time, the losing character will be killed and eliminated from the tournament. This will go on until we have our victor.

Please note that all timings will be modified to fit the amount of characters that participate.

So what happens first then?
Firstly, we need our characters. This is where you guys come into play. You each get 2 nominations, so use them wisely. Nominate your favourite characters, and see if they'll hold up against others. Who will reign top dog of the fictional world? Which character will be eliminated first? Remember, if they don't get nominated then they don't get a shot at the title, so if you want to make sure your favourite character has a shot, at least nominate them.
There aren't many regulations in place, however, there are a few regulations that need to be addressed:

1: Only fictional characters. Fictional characters can be from any form of media, be it video game, anime, comic book, tv show, or even novel.
2: Pretty obviously the characters have to have some sort of fighting chance, be it mentally or phsyically. Don't go nominating characters that clearly have no chance of success, I have the right to deny entry to characters that would be completely demolished due to them not possessing any noteworthy traits.
3: On the same note, characters that might not be strong fighters but still possess strong mental abilities are fine. There are more than one ways to win a fight, so characters with a particular knack for setting traps or outsmarting their opponent are completely fine.
4: For now at least, the only characters that are banned are characters that are 100% immortal and invincible. This means that you can't nominate God or a similar character that is completely immune to enemy attacks forever. There are far too many characters like this, so I'll be banning characters that fit this criteria on a case by case basis.

With those regulations out of the way, the only thing left to state are of course...
Fight Rules
These are the rules that characters will have to abide by during fights. Mostly here so that nobody can complain about a character not getting access to X which would have won them the fight.

1: Remember how I said that there would be a weight to the results of the poll? The character that wins the forum poll will be fighting in an arena that is beneficial to them. If the poll is tied, the fight takes place in a completely neutral arena. Furthermore, if a character possesses environment changing abilities, it's allowed. If a character has the ability to shape the environment to how they see fit, then there are no restrictions on these abilities.
2: Weapons and powerups are allowed. This one is important. The character will be allowed access to any weapons or powerups that they usually have access to, however, everything is limited by ammo. Not everything is unlimited, so some things will have to be restricted. If I don't do this, then Mario and Sonic will storm the competition by constantly using invincibility power ups. As these are limited in the games, they'll be limited in the fights as well.
3: No tag teams. If a character has a sidekick to back them up then that sidekick is not available for the fight. The only exception to this rule is puppet characters, a perfect example being Oga Tatsumi and Baby Beel. Characters like this are allowed, but characters that are purely sidekicks such as Batman and Robin are not allowed. Both Batman and Robin are allowed but they're separate fighters. Essentially, if the second character is capable of fighting by themselves, they are classed as a separate fighter. This will mostly have to be a case by case basis again, as there are far too many cases of this. I'll make a decision based on the info I have about the character.
4: Bloodlust. Many characters are capable of form changes, which I'll refer to as bloodlusts. These are allowed. It's a standard trope that a character gets much stronger when on the verge of losing, and if I were to disallow these changes then many characters would be trash. If a character can form change after sustaining enough damage, then it's allowed and will be taken into consideration when deciding on a winner.
5: Finally, I'm aware that characters can go through multiple renditions. The same character might be considerably weaker in the manga than the anime. For cases like this, I'll be using the strongest possible version of that character.

That should cover it I think. I might have to add a few additional rules at some point but for now I don't see anything I'm missing.

Right, so with all of that out of the way, the nominations begin! Please remember that I'm allowing 2 nominations per person only, so choose your 2 wisely.

For nominations, please use the following format:

Character Name (Series)

Thanks for reading! Once we have enough nominations I'll finalise the leaderboard and plan out the times accordingly. I'll be cutting off nominations when I feel like we've had enough.
Last edited by Scapegoat on Mon May 16, 2016 12:07 am, edited 5 times in total.

Scapegoat

Re: Super Ultra Character Battle Tournament - Nominations

Post by Scapegoat » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:58 pm

Entrants
[/u][/b]

Kirby (Kirby)
Samus Aran (Metroid)
Guts (Berserk)
Qrow Branwen (RWBY)
Wario (WarioLand/Warioware)
Dante (DMC)
Spiderman (Spiderman)
Batman (Batman)
Luckyman (Tottemo! Luckyman)
Yoshikage Kira (JoJo)
The Mountain (Game of Thrones)
Vergil (DMC)
Jak (Jak & Daxter)
Kirito (Sword Art Online)
Skullduggery Pleasant (Skullduggery Pleasant)
Yoshimitsu (Tekken/Soul Caliber)
Akiza Izinski (YuGiOh 5Ds)
Frank Martin (The Transporter)
Homura Akemi (Madoka Magica)
Griffith (Berserk)
Last edited by Scapegoat on Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Garf
NNID: Garfsona
PSN ID: GarfGuy
Steam ID: garfield069

Post by Garf » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:06 pm

Is there a character that could even possibly EVEN TOUCH Madara Uchiha? Let alone defeat him. And I’m not talking about Edo Tensei Uchiha Madara. I’m not talking about Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara either. Hell, I’m not even talking about Juubi Jinchuuriki Gedou Rinne Tensei Uchiha Madara with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikodou abilities and being capable of both Amateratsu and Tsukuyomi genjutsu), equipped with his Gunbai, a perfect Susano’o, control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA implanted in him so he has mokuton kekkei genkai and can perform yin yang release ninjutsu while being an expert in kenjutsu and taijutsu.

but srsly, I'll go with Homura and Madara
Last edited by Garf on Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

FalcoPunch
FKA PaperMacheTheSecond
NNID: Thanks Pepsi Supreme
3DS Friend Code: for signature

Post by FalcoPunch » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:09 pm

Batman
Cthulhu

komodo joe

Post by komodo joe » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:32 pm

this seems like it would be very stacked because there will be people nominating characters who are basically just really strong humans (like Batman) but at the same time there will be people nominating characters who are borderline (or fully) omnipotent in some way or another (Tenchi from Tenchi Muyo, Superman Prime, One Above All, Elder God Demonbane etc.)

for this reason I will nominate Darth Plagueis the Wise, for his ability to keep the ones he cares about from dying
pound shop bill sorenson. | LOOK CLOSER LENNY

Scapegoat

Post by Scapegoat » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:39 pm

as stated if I find a particular character to be untouchable I won't allow it. I'm probably not going to allow Cthulu because not much is really known about him which makes him hard to measure, the only real ability I can find is the ability to send people insane purely from presence alone, which is already a little bit strong. As I said, I'll not be allowing Deities unless they are beatable. I don't want this to be a battle between immortals as it would be impossible to judge. On top of this characters that border on immortal will also be banned. It's a case by case basis really. Trust me when I say that I won't let any completely unfair characters get through.

everything said I'll allow Darth Plagueis if you really want to nominate him.

Troggy

Post by Troggy » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:56 pm

I think I'll go for...

Luckyman (Tottemo! Luckyman)

Kinnikuman (Kinnikuman)

Going with two characters I've grown rather fond of recently, thanks to the Shonen Jump games I've been playing.

Well, that and because I know that King Dedede would get bloody bodied in these matches.
I have to go now. My planet needs me.

OmegaPit

Post by OmegaPit » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:00 pm

Saitama from One Punch Man.

Vtheyoshi
NNID: vtheyoshi
Steam ID: VlaSoul

Post by Vtheyoshi » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:01 pm

OmegaPit wrote:Saitama from One Punch Man.
I think that's falls under the stuff he wouldn't allow

Thanks to yung Kriken for the sig and avatar (asuka best girl)
MAL
Deviantart (trying to be more active nowadays, views are always appreciated) UPDATED 21/06/17

komodo joe

Post by komodo joe » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:09 pm

there's nothing to measure his strength by either

OmegaPit

Post by OmegaPit » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:14 pm

I may have not read the rules.

Kesskuron
NNID: Kesskuron
3DS Friend Code: 167643044135
PSN ID: Kesskuras
Steam ID: Kesskuron

Post by Kesskuron » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:19 pm

Scapegoat wrote:as stated if I find a particular character to be untouchable I won't allow it. I'm probably not going to allow Cthulu because not much is really known about him which makes him hard to measure, the only real ability I can find is the ability to send people insane purely from presence alone, which is already a little bit strong. As I said, I'll not be allowing Deities unless they are beatable. I don't want this to be a battle between immortals as it would be impossible to judge. On top of this characters that border on immortal will also be banned. It's a case by case basis really. Trust me when I say that I won't let any completely unfair characters get through.

everything said I'll allow Darth Plagueis if you really want to nominate him.
So is this street level? City level?

Either way Guts, post-eclipse of course

jimbob555

Post by jimbob555 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:21 pm

Blathers (Animal Crossing)

FalcoPunch
FKA PaperMacheTheSecond
NNID: Thanks Pepsi Supreme
3DS Friend Code: for signature

Post by FalcoPunch » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:36 pm

Fine. I'm amending my list to this:

Batman
Dark Lord Sauron

Aren142
Steam ID: Aren142

Post by Aren142 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:50 pm

Kirito (Sword Art Online)

Because we need more eton mess Mary-Sues that will win despite the best efforts of everyone else. And...

Nina Einstein (Code Geass)

Because she has gooseberry fool nuclear warheads. What you gonna do?
<Kaeetayel> Go for a team entirely composed of Eeveelutions
<Princess> that's effort
<Princess> I need to buy the stones/go to rocks/make them happy/touch Eevee
<Kaeetayel> The last one doesn't sound too bad

OrangeRakoon
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon

Post by OrangeRakoon » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:51 pm

Goku (Dragonball Z)
Jak (Jak and Daxter)
Bugs Bunny (Looney Tunes)

Jak because any way I can force Jak and Daxter back into existence I will take and Bugs Bunny because his power is basically being a smartass and making everything you try to do to hurt him backfire in the most slapstick manner.

komodo joe

Post by komodo joe » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:54 pm

surely Bugs Bunny is technically inadmissable being an unkillable reality warper

Troggy

Post by Troggy » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:02 am

Unless we go by Space Jam rules, in which he needs the help of Michael Jordan in order to actually win.

Pepsi Supreme
FKA Corin
Xbox Gamertag: Knight Corin
Steam ID: Corin

Post by Pepsi Supreme » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:05 am

nominating Charles Barkley (Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden)

komodo joe

Post by komodo joe » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:11 am

Troggy wrote:Unless we go by Space Jam rules, in which he needs the help of Michael Jordan in order to actually win.
yeah, in a basketball game,
which they handled themselves pretty well in,

Pepsi Supreme
FKA Corin
Xbox Gamertag: Knight Corin
Steam ID: Corin

Post by Pepsi Supreme » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:12 am

Boy if youre gonna hate on the Bugs, youre just straight looney

Oathkeeper
NNID: MForward56
3DS Friend Code: 3523-2118-1902
Steam ID: MForward56

Post by Oathkeeper » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:19 am

Spider-Man cos he's my favourite superhero
Kizaru from One Piece because his Devil Fruit ability is pretty op if you think about it

Fubz

Post by Fubz » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:24 am

Enlightened Winnie the Pooh (after eating too much intelligence from the 4th panel of his mememe 1 2) his has gone beyond this dimension in his mental ability

Phil Mitchell from EastEnders, he could pack a punch
when a lion sees a sleeping antelope they eat it

Troggy

Post by Troggy » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:31 am

komodo joe wrote:
Troggy wrote:Unless we go by Space Jam rules, in which he needs the help of Michael Jordan in order to actually win.
yeah, in a basketball game,
which they handled themselves pretty well in,
Only with Jordan's help. Bugs and the other Looney Tunes got beaten badly before they enlisted the guy in the first place. That and they would've lost the second match anyway, had Michael not used the ancient technique of 'Gomu Gomu no Deus Ex Machina' to get the final basket.

jimbob555

Post by jimbob555 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:32 am

Oh crap in that case:

Christopher Robin from the Winnie the Pooh baseball game