Does Anyone Here Experience ASMR

Anything else you'd like to talk about? Post here.
>> How Do You Feel Right Now
Cruizer

Re: Does Anyone Here Experience ASMR

Post by Cruizer » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:26 am

Weirdly Richard Burton's narration of War of the Worlds gives me ASMR.
"soylent green is people"

RichardUK
NNID: RichardBatesUK
3DS Friend Code: 1177-9740-4606
PSN ID: RichardBatesUK
Xbox Gamertag: RichardBatesUK

Post by RichardUK » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:51 am

Many pieces of music affect me but the one that affects me the most is Zadok the priest, it makes me think of her majesty on her coronation and the service and dedication she has shown since that day, also of the history of our country and the traditions that are so important to me and fill me with pride

Seeing any state occasions on tv or in person affect me

Watching or hearing anything to do with war especially world war 1 and 2, from visiting war graves to seeing aircraft flypasts

I am not religious but when I visit churches especially large churches that affects me

Singing or hearing our national anthem while seeing our flag the Union flag raised

Seeing the UK represented abroad with the most recent example of this during the Olympics in Rio

I can get goose bumps and my hairs standing on end by simply thinking of things like the above

Edit
I could not really get a good photo but all my hairs on my arms go straight up and I get a sensation all over my body, I am nearly in tears but tears of pride not sadness
Last edited by RichardUK on Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'

Rik
NNID: RikTheNinja
3DS Friend Code: 1032-1749-4002

Post by Rik » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:59 am

RichardUK wrote:Watching or hearing anything to do with the war from visiting war graves to seeing aircraft flypasts
Which war? There have been several over the course of human history
Ghost wrote:and since when has "being dumb" been a sin on the internet?
Pokeforum Random Battle Tourney - come for the battles, stay for the salt

RichardUK
NNID: RichardBatesUK
3DS Friend Code: 1177-9740-4606
PSN ID: RichardBatesUK
Xbox Gamertag: RichardBatesUK

Post by RichardUK » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:03 am

Rik wrote: Which war? There have been several over the course of human history
I have corrected that now, generally when people say "the war" they are referring to world war 2
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'

IronHide
Steam ID: IronHide1981

Post by IronHide » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:27 pm

I get it when I sneeze and occasionally whilst having a dump but I don't think sound has ever triggered it.

Cruizer

Post by Cruizer » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:25 am

The youtube "recommended for you" algorithm has never got it so right.

This is gooseberry fool incredible

I lost it when they got the Game Cube out. Also at around 8.20 "this is a neon see-through controller"... yes it certainly is. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
"soylent green is people"

jimbob555

Post by jimbob555 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:21 am

this is absolutely a weird fetish thing

thats right im kink shaming

Bleachyleachy

Post by Bleachyleachy » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:12 pm

Didn't do much for me that last video, but I'm a big fan of this lady's channel:

She has a good selection of nice videos using various sounds. Nice to fall asleep to her

Lor64
NNID: PhantomGanon

Post by Lor64 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:37 pm

Back when I was in school (this was around 2002/2003), a girl I was friends with had this audio clip on her MP3 player of a "virtual haircut" that she let me listen to and I thought it was pretty impressive. I remember getting that "tingling" feeling (god, that sounds wrong) during certain parts of the audio and she seemed to experience it as well, along with some of my other friends that heard it.
I randomly remembered about this audio clip a couple of weeks ago and I decided to see if it was on YouTube. It turns out that it's on there, so, I thought I'd link it to a friend to see if he had heard it before (which he hadn't) and then he pointed out to me that it was actually an ASMR video. So yeah, I only found out recently that the "tingling" feeling has a name.

I've listened to the clip again and it still seems to affect me a little. There's a certain part during it where the barber uses hair clippers and when he brings them close to my right ear, I get the ASMR feeling in my neck and shoulders.
As I said, I first heard this clip around 2002/2003, so obviously, it's pretty old and I wouldn't be surprised if you've heard it before, especially if you're into ASMR, but I'll link it anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUDTlvagjJA

I haven't looked into other ASMR videos, so I couldn't really tell you if I'm easily affected by it or not, if that makes any sense.

Scapegoat
PSN ID: UploadedNetwork

Post by Scapegoat » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:34 pm

both videos above make me cringe tbh, I don't get how the sound of someone loudly chewing gum is nice.

I like clicking sounds, hence why I didn't go for a stealth mechanical keyboard, but mouth noises are gooseberry fool gross.

also the virtual haircut thing was cool from what I remember, although it sure felt like I was gonna get murdered by those Italians at some points.

Shio hime

Post by Shio hime » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:06 pm

Scapegoat wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:34 pm
hence why
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THIS PHRASE IS COMPLETELY REDUNDANT LEARN ENGLISH PLEASE
Shakespeare and the Bible keep alive one meaning of the old word “hence": “away from here" (“get thee hence").

There’s no need to add “from" to the word, though you often see “from hence" in pretentious writing, and it’s not likely to bother many readers.

But another sense of the word “hence" (“therefore") causes more trouble because writers often add “why" to it: “I got tired of mowing the lawn, hence why I bought the goat."

“Hence" and “why" serve the same function in a sentence like this; use just one or the other, not both:

“Hence I bought the goat" or “that’s why I bought the goat."
Only idiots
ride motorcycles.

Scapegoat
PSN ID: UploadedNetwork

Post by Scapegoat » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:33 pm

ok nerd