Politics General

Anything else you'd like to talk about? Post here.
>> How Do You Feel Right Now

General Election 2017

Conservatives
11%
Labour
55%
Liberal Democrats
16%
UKIP
2%
SNP
5%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Green Party
No votes
BNP
No votes
English Democrats
2%
DUP
2%
Sinn Féin
2%
Ulster Unionist Party
No votes
Respect Party
No votes
Monster Raving Loony Party
No votes
The Pirate Party UK
2%
Independent
No votes
Conservatory Party
No votes
Other
2%
No One
2%

Total votes: 56

Aren142
Steam ID: Aren142

Re: Politics General

Post by Aren142 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:45 pm

Ok, but I can't be the only one who's freaking out over the idea of the Tories abolishing the Human Rights Act and claiming it'll beat terrorism? As a disabled person, I am eton mess myself over this.
<Kaeetayel> Go for a team entirely composed of Eeveelutions
<Princess> that's effort
<Princess> I need to buy the stones/go to rocks/make them happy/touch Eevee
<Kaeetayel> The last one doesn't sound too bad

Shio hime

Post by Shio hime » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:46 pm

Theresa May wants to regulate the Internet like China and Best Korea do and people think it's a good idea to vote for her. Good joke.
Only idiots
ride motorcycles.

JenovaPX
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Post by JenovaPX » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:47 pm

I mean have you looked at the Labour policies Richard? You probably should.

Also reminder for your IRA outrage that the Conservatives have a former-IRA member in their ranks and that no matter who is elected, discussion with groups like Sinn Fein is part of the job
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

Shio hime

Post by Shio hime » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:48 pm

Tbh I just processed what Nick posted. Forgot Richard isn't real, not replying any more.
Only idiots
ride motorcycles.

RichardUK
NNID: RichardBatesUK
3DS Friend Code: 1177-9740-4606
PSN ID: RichardBatesUK
Xbox Gamertag: RichardBatesUK

Post by RichardUK » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:56 pm

I edited my last post but it got replies before it went live

Edit - forget all that, I know I will not change anyone's mind nor will anyone change my mind, I like most of the people on this forum and don't want to get bogged down in silly arguments,

I am extremely patriotic and proud of our country and its people and because of that I want the best for it and I believe that's the Conservatives, the media and the Labour party portray this great "rich and poor" divide and that Labour sticks up for the "poor" I personally do not believe this nor do I believe that there is some sort of "poor" population, I want the best for everyone and feel people can live and enjoy what ever life they want and should never feel anything is out of reach, we are all born the same and its the choices we make in life that matter and you can be who you want to be, getting a job or creating your own business and sticking with it and working hard is the key and you will reap the rewards,
Like I said I don't want a argument but I would like to say that I am real and don't understand why anyone would say that I am not, I use my actual name along with photos, videos etc, I am willing to engage in debate and reply/answer any questions etc
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:59 pm

That kind of eton mess is exactly why people think you're not real.
Destiny is Destiny.

RichardUK

Post by RichardUK » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:06 am

JenovaPX wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:59 pm
That kind of eton mess is exactly why people think you're not real.
:?:
Aren142 wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:45 pm
Ok, but I can't be the only one who's freaking out over the idea of the Tories abolishing the Human Rights Act and claiming it'll beat terrorism? As a disabled person, I am eton mess myself over this.
Unless you are a terrorism suspect then it is something that should not worry you, in the light or recent events things do need to change and giving the police and courts more powers is at least one step forward in tackling the ever growing problem and threat
Shio hime wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:46 pm
Theresa May wants to regulate the Internet like China and Best Korea do and people think it's a good idea to vote for her. Good joke.
Like the above post things need to change, more needs to be done to stop extremist material being accessed online that is a proven cause of radicalization, peoples safety needs to be the main priority
JenovaPX wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:47 pm
I mean have you looked at the Labour policies Richard? You probably should.
Yes I have and it looks like a great plan to bankrupt our country
Last edited by RichardUK on Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shio hime

Post by Shio hime » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:12 am

>giving the government regulatory powers over one of the greatest tools people have to overthrow them if it should come to that

No thanks I'll pass.

Also if you think that this is going to stop people committing terrorist acts or radicalising others you are utterly deluded.
Only idiots
ride motorcycles.

Aren142
Steam ID: Aren142

Post by Aren142 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:14 am

RichardUK wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:56 pm
I edited my last post but it got replies before it went live

Edit - forget all that, I know I will not change anyone's mind nor will anyone change my mind, I like most of the people on this forum and don't want to get bogged down in silly arguments,

I am extremely patriotic and proud of our country and its people and because of that I want the best for it and I believe that's the Conservatives, the media and the Labour party portray this great "rich and poor" divide and that Labour sticks up for the "poor" I personally do not believe this nor do I believe that there is some sort of "poor" population, I want the best for everyone and feel people can live and enjoy what ever life they want and should never feel anything is out of reach, we are all born the same and its the choices we make in life that matter and you can be who you want to be, getting a job or creating your own business and sticking with it and working hard is the key and you will reap the rewards,
I feel like you're implying I chose to be disabled and have poor mental health. And that people choose to work on zero hours contracts that give them no guaranteed work or wages that can sustain any kind of lifestyle.

I also like the suggestion that people born in the poorest parts of Africa could lead the same life as you just through working hard.
<Kaeetayel> Go for a team entirely composed of Eeveelutions
<Princess> that's effort
<Princess> I need to buy the stones/go to rocks/make them happy/touch Eevee
<Kaeetayel> The last one doesn't sound too bad

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:18 am

I mean I'd rather have more police and resources so that they can deal with known and regularly reported threats and suspects rather than acting like their cut numbers and funding isn't part of the problem. Also standard issues of privacy, court warrants being a good thing, internet security and encryption being pretty nice things to have and the general view that these kinds of powers aren't necessarily as useful as the government portrays.
Destiny is Destiny.

Shio hime

Post by Shio hime » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:20 am

>when tory cuts to the police force are so large that community policing has been utterly destroyed and officers have to resort to being reactive rather than proactive
"We should regulate the Internet"

No, you should fund the perfectly good systems already in place for dealing with such problems.
Only idiots
ride motorcycles.

Shio hime

Post by Shio hime » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:21 am

RichardUK wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:06 am
The manifesto is fully costed you complete pillock.
Only idiots
ride motorcycles.

RichardUK

Post by RichardUK » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:26 am

Aren142 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:14 am

I feel like you're implying I chose to be disabled and have poor mental health. And that people choose to work on zero hours contracts that give them no guaranteed work or wages that can sustain any kind of lifestyle.

I also like the suggestion that people born in the poorest parts of Africa could lead the same life as you just through working hard.
I did not say anything about disabled people or people with mental health problems,

Zero hour contracts are a difficult one, I can see both sides of the argument but people can seek full time contract employment but zero hours would be better than no employment until they find a better job

I am not talking about Africa or any other country, its completely different
Shio hime wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:21 am
RichardUK wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:06 am
The manifesto is fully costed
:lol: do you honestly believe that

Last edited by RichardUK on Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shio hime

Post by Shio hime » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:29 am

I'm more inclined to believe that than Theresa May's lies.

I know She'll make ends meet by selling the NHS and selling arms to the middle east, but those are sacrifices I'm not sure that I'm willing to make.
Only idiots
ride motorcycles.

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:30 am

I mean the Tory manifesto is essentially uncosted and fails to provide much in the way of actual figures and upper limits on some pretty important things, i.e. the "dementia tax" fiasco. Sure am glad they took the time to run the numbers on the Labour manifesto rather than provide any for their stuff though.
Destiny is Destiny.

Shio hime

Post by Shio hime » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:33 am

It's because the tories lack any real substance other than trying to discredit the opposition. Just watch Theresa May's interviews.
Only idiots
ride motorcycles.

RichardUK

Post by RichardUK » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:43 am

He is planning major tax rises, infact they will be the biggest this country has ever seen, even after this there is still a short fall yearly of over £30 billion, it really is crazy

I don't want to start adding up how much tax I would be paying, he even has a "land tax"

Shio hime

Post by Shio hime » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:49 am

That is good.

For the many, not the few.

More taxation on the 1%. More taxation on the corporations. This country is not their plaything.

Not to mention most of the proposed taxes are reversions to previously acceptable rates. I'm glad to see the Tories have made you richer, but time to put something back in to the country you claim to love so dearly.
Only idiots
ride motorcycles.

RichardUK

Post by RichardUK » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:58 am

Shio hime wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:49 am
That is good.

For the many, not the few.

More taxation on the 1%. More taxation on the corporations. This country is not their plaything.

Not to most of the proposed taxes are reversions to previously acceptable rates. I'm glad to see the Tories have made you richer, but time to put something back in to the country you claim to love so dearly.
I have no problem with paying taxes but I would if we had a reckless prime minister wasting my money on pointless vanity projects or non deserving benefits,

So you will be happy paying four times the amount you pay for council tax? You will be happy paying the 45p tax rate on just £80 thousand a year?

I do love this country but if the unthinkable happens then I shall be moving away

Shio hime

Post by Shio hime » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:00 am

I would be happy to do those things. I will be able to afford them and I think it is right that those that can afford to support those in need should feel obligated to.
Only idiots
ride motorcycles.

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:02 am

If you can afford a tax increase it makes more sense to take the hit for vanity projects like the NHS tbh
Destiny is Destiny.

Shio hime

Post by Shio hime » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:04 am

Also can you link me to a reputable news source on the 4x council tax?

And no papers discredited for lying by wikipedia do not count.
Only idiots
ride motorcycles.

RichardUK

Post by RichardUK » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:06 am

Shio hime wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:00 am
I would be happy to do those things. I will be able to afford them and I think it is right that those that can afford to support those in need should feel obligated to.
"Those in need" are these the people that have not worked a day in there life's and sit around all day watching sky TV on there 60" flat screen, smoking cigarettes, drinking alcohol and then moaning saying "this government only looks after the rich"

Seriously who are these "poor/in need people"

JenovaPX

Post by JenovaPX » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:07 am

No, generally they're people who are in employment but aren't earning enough for housing and bills which are pretty expensive on wages that are below the living wage and so are entitled to government benefits to boost their income. At least that's where the vast majority of benefits goes.
Destiny is Destiny.

Shio hime

Post by Shio hime » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:10 am

You're a moron.

I grew up with people whose parents couldn't afford to feed themselves cause they were working minimum wage jobs living in a house with just enough bedrooms for all of their kids and weren't getting the support they desperately needed from a government that barely acknowledged they exist.

THOSE are the people in need, and it makes my skin crawl that people like you who can afford to improve their quality of life completely refuse to do so because of your arrogance, snobbery and sense of entitlement.

I know builders that work harder day-in day-out than I will ever work in my life whose salaries will never be as good as mine will be in post graduate employment.

If you really believe what you say your world view sickens me.
Only idiots
ride motorcycles.