Guns <Serious Answers Only>

Anything else you'd like to talk about? Post here.
>> How Do You Feel Right Now
Post Reply

Guns, what about them?

Down with them
63
84%
Up with guns
12
16%
 
Total votes: 75

User avatar
Rik
Posts: 3762
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:12 pm
NNID: RikTheNinja
3DS Friend Code: 1032-1749-4002

Re: Guns <What About Them>

Post by Rik » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:49 pm

Realistically though, what are the chances of America getting turned into a police state? Given that the political system makes it so hard to get anything done that doesn't have overwhelming support already it seems unlikely that anybody in a position of power would be able to start down that road without people going "now hold up, what the hell do y'all think you're doing" and blocking whatever measures were being implemented.
The idea of the right to bear arms in order to prevent governmental tyranny was all well and good back when they'd just finished fighting off the overbearing Biritish rule, but nowadays that idea ceases to be relevant because there are so many other more effective, less last-resortish (because let's be honest, if you have to resort to an armed uprising then evidently something's already gone monumentally angel delight-over-tits) checks on the government's power.
Ghost wrote:and since when has "being dumb" been a sin on the internet?
Pokeforum Random Battle Tourney - come for the battles, stay for the salt

User avatar
Vtheyoshi
Posts: 3286
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:23 pm
NNID: vtheyoshi
Steam ID: VlaSoul

Re: Guns <What About Them>

Post by Vtheyoshi » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:51 pm

Guns only create more violence at their core, and that is not acceptable, no matter what the gooseberry fool second amendment says
My father supports ownership of firearms; his example for it was Drummer Lee Rigby, he said he could have protected himself if he was allowed to use bear arms
My example against it was Sandy Hook, Virginia Tech, the Dark Knight returns shooting and stuff like that
Image

Thanks to yung Kriken for the sig and avatar (asuka best girl)
MAL
Deviantart (trying to be more active nowadays, views are always appreciated) UPDATED 21/06/17

User avatar
Pineapple
Posts: 2005
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:08 pm
NNID: Waddl.D

Re: Guns <What About Them>

Post by Pineapple » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:00 pm

Guns are horrible and I sincerely hope some idiot doesn't start an atrocious argument overnight over this.
Image

User avatar
Fabong
Posts: 1798
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:24 pm

Re: Guns <What About Them>

Post by Fabong » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:01 pm

There are a hundred better ways to overthrow bad ideas than violent uprisings.
#ff Garf

User avatar
Vtheyoshi
Posts: 3286
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:23 pm
NNID: vtheyoshi
Steam ID: VlaSoul

Re: Guns <What About Them>

Post by Vtheyoshi » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:11 pm

Fabong wrote:There are a hundred better ways to overthrow bad ideas than violent uprisings.
yeah, like two violent uprisings
Image

Thanks to yung Kriken for the sig and avatar (asuka best girl)
MAL
Deviantart (trying to be more active nowadays, views are always appreciated) UPDATED 21/06/17

User avatar
K2.
Posts: 1659
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:28 pm

Re: Guns <Constitutional!>

Post by K2. » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:13 pm

Or being shot dead by the people you are trying to overthrow.

To note I am anti-gun and support the movement to change of the American constitution on the matter of the right to bare arms
Image

User avatar
WithLoveAndSqualor
Posts: 2009
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:30 am
NNID: KingDanana
3DS Friend Code: 2320-6489-5789
PSN ID: KingDanana
Xbox Gamertag: King Danana
Steam ID: King_Danana

Re: Guns <What About Them>

Post by WithLoveAndSqualor » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:18 pm

LFF wrote:I seen it in a documentary on BBC 2.
GUNS BLAZING LIKE MICHAEL CAINE IN ZULU
UNTOUCHABLE
Image
HAIL TO THE KING/FM\ twit

User avatar
K2.
Posts: 1659
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:28 pm

Re: Guns <Constitutional!>

Post by K2. » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:21 pm

It's true, rappers will Kill You All in a Hip Hop Rage
Image

User avatar
Vtheyoshi
Posts: 3286
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:23 pm
NNID: vtheyoshi
Steam ID: VlaSoul

Re: Guns <Constitutional!>

Post by Vtheyoshi » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:34 pm

K2. wrote:It's true, rappers will Kill You All in a Hip Hop Rage
I am confused as to what genre this is
Image

Thanks to yung Kriken for the sig and avatar (asuka best girl)
MAL
Deviantart (trying to be more active nowadays, views are always appreciated) UPDATED 21/06/17

User avatar
Sabrofra
Posts: 2191
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:22 pm
NNID: GameBoySam
3DS Friend Code: 2406-5595-5668
Steam ID: Sabrofra

Re: Guns <Constitutional!>

Post by Sabrofra » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:36 pm

Without guns, we'd never have our FPS'.

At least guns did something good in our lifetime.

User avatar
Fabong
Posts: 1798
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:24 pm

Re: Guns <Constitutional!>

Post by Fabong » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:37 pm

Sabrofra wrote:Without guns, we'd never have our FPS'.

At least guns did something good in our lifetime.
You best be eton mess' me
#ff Garf

User avatar
Vtheyoshi
Posts: 3286
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:23 pm
NNID: vtheyoshi
Steam ID: VlaSoul

Re: Guns <Constitutional!>

Post by Vtheyoshi » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:38 pm

Sabrofra wrote:Without guns, we'd never have our FPS'.

At least guns did something good in our lifetime.
lol what
Image

Thanks to yung Kriken for the sig and avatar (asuka best girl)
MAL
Deviantart (trying to be more active nowadays, views are always appreciated) UPDATED 21/06/17

User avatar
Sabrofra
Posts: 2191
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:22 pm
NNID: GameBoySam
3DS Friend Code: 2406-5595-5668
Steam ID: Sabrofra

Re: Guns <Constitutional!>

Post by Sabrofra » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:42 pm

I just read that back.

Lol I'm good at English

User avatar
K2.
Posts: 1659
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:28 pm

Re: Guns <Constitutional!>

Post by K2. » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:43 pm

Vtheyoshi wrote:
K2. wrote:It's true, rappers will Kill You All in a Hip Hop Rage
I am confused as to what genre this is
As are life long fans of the band so I wouldn't worry too much
Image

User avatar
Rik
Posts: 3762
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:12 pm
NNID: RikTheNinja
3DS Friend Code: 1032-1749-4002

Re: Guns <Constitutional!>

Post by Rik » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:55 pm

K2. wrote:on the matter of the right to bare arms
I wouldn't go there if I were you, short-sleeved shirts are a very controversial issue
Ghost wrote:and since when has "being dumb" been a sin on the internet?
Pokeforum Random Battle Tourney - come for the battles, stay for the salt

User avatar
Cribs
Posts: 1346
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:04 pm
Steam ID: Cribster18

Re: Guns <What About Them>

Post by Cribs » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:58 pm

row101 wrote:In the US, the right to bear firearms is enshrined in the Constitution.

I think a common argument for The States is that it's just freedom. If they end up being a Police State , the citizens can rise up against the state with their firearms. I think that's the original reason for the Second Amendment. We don't have that. Our government can do whatever the hell they want and there's nothing we can do about it. But America is a country born out of civil unrest, from the citizens rising up against the British. They value the ability to do the same to the current government. As a result, a lot of people feel that if the government takes away our guns, they're attempting to stop the citizens from fighting back and in turn are restricting the values enshrined in the Constitution. Sometimes they don't trust the government and the people in it like we do. They want to be able to fight back against an oppressive regime, and they want the tools required to do so effectively and with as few deaths as possible.

I think that's the idea behind the right to bear arms. Whether modern Americans are really going to fight back against oppression is doubtful, especially since the State has far bigger guns than the citizens.

I'd like to see the fat hicks overthrowing the US Army tbh

User avatar
K2.
Posts: 1659
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:28 pm

Re: Guns <What About Them>

Post by K2. » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:59 pm

Cribs wrote:
row101 wrote:In the US, the right to bear firearms is enshrined in the Constitution.

I think a common argument for The States is that it's just freedom. If they end up being a Police State , the citizens can rise up against the state with their firearms. I think that's the original reason for the Second Amendment. We don't have that. Our government can do whatever the hell they want and there's nothing we can do about it. But America is a country born out of civil unrest, from the citizens rising up against the British. They value the ability to do the same to the current government. As a result, a lot of people feel that if the government takes away our guns, they're attempting to stop the citizens from fighting back and in turn are restricting the values enshrined in the Constitution. Sometimes they don't trust the government and the people in it like we do. They want to be able to fight back against an oppressive regime, and they want the tools required to do so effectively and with as few deaths as possible.

I think that's the idea behind the right to bear arms. Whether modern Americans are really going to fight back against oppression is doubtful, especially since the State has far bigger guns than the citizens.

I'd like to see the fat hicks overthrowing the US Army tbh
No need to, they are too busy losing wars abroad.
Image

User avatar
JenovaPX
Posts: 6415
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:58 pm
PSN ID: JenovaPX
Steam ID: Jenova1039

Re: Guns <What About Them>

Post by JenovaPX » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:16 am

Vtheyoshi wrote:Guns only create more violence at their core, and that is not acceptable, no matter what the gooseberry fool second amendment says
My father supports ownership of firearms; his example for it was Drummer Lee Rigby, he said he could have protected himself if he was allowed to use bear arms
My example against it was Sandy Hook, Virginia Tech, the Dark Knight returns shooting and stuff like that
No offence but your Dad's dumb. If we had guns he'd have just been shot instead of hacked to death. The idea that violent crimes would still be committed with knives alone and that somehow having a gun might prevent that from happening is one of the dumbest things I've heard. Not to mention in most cases a gun won't exactly stop a stabbing given the nature of such offences, i.e. close quarters, you don't exactly give someone the distance to make a gun a worthwhile means of defense if you're planning on stabbing them.
Welcome to the True Man's World
Destiny is Destiny.

User avatar
WithLoveAndSqualor
Posts: 2009
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:30 am
NNID: KingDanana
3DS Friend Code: 2320-6489-5789
PSN ID: KingDanana
Xbox Gamertag: King Danana
Steam ID: King_Danana

Re: Guns <What About Them>

Post by WithLoveAndSqualor » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:33 am

Vtheyoshi wrote: My father supports ownership of firearms; his example for it was Drummer Lee Rigby, he said he could have protected himself if he was allowed to use bear arms
yeah he might have stood a chance tbh if he had bear arms
UNTOUCHABLE
Image
HAIL TO THE KING/FM\ twit

User avatar
Vtheyoshi
Posts: 3286
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:23 pm
NNID: vtheyoshi
Steam ID: VlaSoul

Re: Guns <What About Them>

Post by Vtheyoshi » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:42 am

JenovaPX wrote:
Vtheyoshi wrote:Guns only create more violence at their core, and that is not acceptable, no matter what the gooseberry fool second amendment says
My father supports ownership of firearms; his example for it was Drummer Lee Rigby, he said he could have protected himself if he was allowed to use bear arms
My example against it was Sandy Hook, Virginia Tech, the Dark Knight returns shooting and stuff like that
No offence but your Dad's dumb. If we had guns he'd have just been shot instead of hacked to death. The idea that violent crimes would still be committed with knives alone and that somehow having a gun might prevent that from happening is one of the dumbest things I've heard. Not to mention in most cases a gun won't exactly stop a stabbing given the nature of such offences, i.e. close quarters, you don't exactly give someone the distance to make a gun a worthwhile means of defense if you're planning on stabbing them.
I wouldn't say he's dumb, because he has a PHD, but I expect a lot better of him. His views on a lot of things are gooseberry fool stupid
Image

Thanks to yung Kriken for the sig and avatar (asuka best girl)
MAL
Deviantart (trying to be more active nowadays, views are always appreciated) UPDATED 21/06/17

User avatar
OrangeRakoon
Posts: 5993
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:08 pm
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon
Contact:

Re: Guns <Bare Arms?>

Post by OrangeRakoon » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:21 am

Guns are bad and everyone in favour of having them should be shot

User avatar
Bee Doof
FKA Nintendoofus
Posts: 1294
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:17 pm
NNID: Penguin5632
Xbox Gamertag: Bee Doof
Contact:

Re: Guns <Bare Arms?>

Post by Bee Doof » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:55 am

Shot with harsh looks of disapproval.
Image

User avatar
OrangeRakoon
Posts: 5993
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:08 pm
NNID: OrangeRakoon
3DS Friend Code: 0705-5259-5082
PSN ID: OrangeRakoon
Steam ID: OrangeRakoon
Contact:

Re: Guns <Bare Arms?>

Post by OrangeRakoon » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:23 am

No shot with guns

User avatar
D.J
Posts: 5295
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:27 pm
PSN ID: SpacedDJ
Contact:

Re: Guns <Bare Arms?>

Post by D.J » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:21 pm



...sorry.
ImageImage
922734726186094920342258

User avatar
Moosenhagen
Posts: 391
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:22 pm
NNID: Moosenhagen
3DS Friend Code: 0087-3574-4918
Contact:

Re: Guns <Bare Arms?>

Post by Moosenhagen » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:24 pm

there would have never been as many school shootings if there was proper gun regulation in the US. You should have a license which makes sure you are mentally stable and stuff and have the right intentions for the weapons. You don't need a gun to protect your house, the police is supposed to do that, and police officers should only have guns if they are in a special force or anything because otherwise
Image
happens
Currently Playing -
Wii U - Assassins Creed Black Flag, SSB4, Mariokart 8
3DS - ACNL, Fantasy Life and Pokemon X

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests