The Next US President

Anything else you'd like to talk about? Post here.
>> How Do You Feel Right Now
row101
NNID: row101
3DS Friend Code: Hello world.
PSN ID: Why are you reading?
Xbox Gamertag: Why am I typing?
Steam ID: Why are we alive?

Re: The Next US President

Post by row101 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:30 pm

Warmij wrote:I don't see the problem with that poll.

Whilst I wouldn't dismiss those outlets as "fake news" like Trump does there is a very clear bias and environment of spreading exaggerated stories to undermine his presidency (He is also guilty of misinformation as well). But continuing this sort of tactic isn't going to help, it's just gonna make the public distrust the MSM more and it's not the Canary they're going to be turning to.

EVERY single media attack on Trump seems to boost his favourability in surveys amongst the American public. They are not helping the fight against him.
Jesus Christ, Rasmussen is known to be a pollster with a heavy Republican bias -- most other polls (all from more far more respected pollsters) have him firmly in the negative - HISTORICALLY LOW negatives for a new president. SAD!

The. Stories. Are. Not. Exaggerated. People need to realize just how unprecedented everything happening is. What stories in particular are you referring to? The Russia scandal has extensive sources and the intelligence community seems to agree with the media, not to mention that Trump himself said "the leaks are real" in his press conference. Or are you saying the media is going too hard on Trump? That's their goddamn job, and I think a silver lining of Trump's presidency is the press being able to flex their muscles and expose their numerous scandals and reveal Trump for how unhinged and extraordinarily unpresidential he really is. This. Is. Not. Normal. You say they're trying to "undermine his presidency" by reporting negative stories on his Admin. but I would say the fact that the media is getting so much dirt on the Trump Admin just shows how unqualified, chaotic and corrupt it's been it is in comparison to the Obama Admin.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - George Washington

The False Guwuh
3DS Friend Code: 112           

Post by The False Guwuh » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:53 am

row101 when you say "The Russia scandal has extensive sources and the intelligence community seems to agree with the media" are you telling us that you believe donald trump hired prostitutes to piss all over him because he was in a bed that obama once used and wanted to get piss on the bed
People who get offended should be offended

row101
NNID: row101
3DS Friend Code: Hello world.
PSN ID: Why are you reading?
Xbox Gamertag: Why am I typing?
Steam ID: Why are we alive?

Post by row101 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:53 pm

...given Trump's character is that really so absurd? I'm not 100% certain of any particular news story, but given the sheer quantity of them and that the intelligence community has actually withheld information from the President over those concerns, and declaring that they will "go nuclear" against him; given the suspicions of the intelligence community and many other leaks/stories it's hard unreasonable to say that Russia has, at the very least, eyes and ears in the top levels of the White House (see M. Flynn) -- and at worst, a President himself compromised by Russia. This. Is. Not. Normal. It's genuinely terrifying.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - George Washington

pokemaniac212
NNID: onetruemaniac
3DS Friend Code: 506939914753
Steam ID: pokemaniac212

Post by pokemaniac212 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:53 pm

Yes it is absurd. There's a reason only buzzfeed, a news source built entirely on clickbait, was the only place prepared to publish the allegations.

I'm not personally convinced that he has unduly close ties to Russia either, but frankly there isn't anywhere near enough information in the public domain for anyone to be confident on that one. The US intelligence community have never gotten out of their cold war "Russia is evil" mentality, so it isn't a particular stretch to believe they just might be slightly biased against anyone who is prepared to try and develop closer ties with Russia, which isn't exactly an unreasonable thing to do.

I'm no great fan of Trump, and certainly wouldn't have voted for him, but I also think an awful lot of people are refusing to give him a chance, and blowing every last thing he does out of all proportion.